PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist Mantras and Chants

MetaMorpheus
26-01-2014, 05:48 AM
A friend reccomended me to listen to buddhist chants and mantras. Ive really noticed how deep they are, from healing to meditation. I could actual feel the power behind them in every word. I would like to learn some of the mantras and techinques they use.

Hermes
28-01-2014, 09:06 PM
If you find good sources for the mantras or have an audio suggestion please share it im interested as well.

fierygem
06-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Go see Bhagavan Das!

ThreeOfWhite
08-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Were you looking to just find the mantras in one source? Any particular purpose? If you're looking for a good general purpose mantra, the "mantra of great compassion" is my go to while meditating.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bex9DEBPLkc

1. Namo ratnatrayaya.
2. Namo aryavalokitesvaraya.
3. Bodhisattvaya.
4. Mahasattvaya.
5. Mahakarunikaya.
6. Om.
7. Sarva abhayah.
8. Sunadhasya.
9. Namo sukrtvemama.
10. Aryavalokitesvaragarbha.
11. Namo nilakantha.
12. [Siri] mahabhadrasrame.
13. Sarvarthasubham.
14. Ajeyam.
15. Sarvasattvanamavarga.
16. Mahadhatu.
17. Tadyatha.
18. Om avaloke.
19. Lokite.
20. Kalate.
21. Hari.
22. Mahabodhisattva.
23. Sarva sarva.
24. Mala mala.
25. [Masi] Mahahrdayam.
26. Kuru kuru karmam.
27. [Kuru] Kuruvijayati
28. Mahavijayati.
29. Dharadhara.
30. Dharin suraya.
31. Chala chala.
32. Mama bhramara.
33. Muktir.
34. Ehi ehi.
35. Chinda chinda.
36. Harsam prachali.
37. Basa basam presaya.
38. Hulu hulu mala.
39. Hulu hulu hilo.
40. Sara sara.
41. Siri siri.
42. Suru suru.
43. Bodhiya bodhiya.
44. Bodhaya bodhaya.
45. Maitreya.
46. Nilakantha.
47. Dharsinina.
48. Payamana svaha.
49. Siddhaya svaha.
50. Mahasiddhaya svaha.
51. Siddhayogesvaraya svaha.
52. Nilakanthasvaha.
53. Varahananaya svaha.
54. Simhasiramukhaya svaha.
55. Sarvamahasiddhaya svaha.
56. Cakrasiddhaya svaha.
57. Padmahastaya svaha.
58. Nilakanthavikaraya svaha.
59. Maharsisankaraya svaha.
60. Namo ratnatrayaya.
61. Namo aryavalokitesvaraya svaha.
62. Om siddhyantu.
63. Mantrapadaya svaha.

Benefits in Reciting and Holding The Great Compassion Mantra:

If humans and gods recite and hold the phrases of the Great Compassion Mantra, then when they approach the end of life, all the Buddhas of the ten directions will come to take them by the hand to rebirth in whatever Buddhaland they wish, according to their desire.

Should any living beings who recites and holds the spiritual mantra of Great Compassion fall into the three evil paths, I vow not to realise the right enlightenment. Should any living being who recites and holds the spiritual mantra of Great Compassion not be reborn in any Buddhaland, I vow not to realise the right enlightenment.

Should any living being who recites and holds the spiritual mantra of Great Compassion not obtain unlimited samadhis and eloquence, I vow not to realise the right enlightenment. Should any living being who recites and holds the spiritual mantra of Great Compassion not obtain the fruits of whatever is sought in this very life, then he cannot have been making proper use of the Dharani of the Great Compassion Heart.

People and gods who recite and hold the Great Compassion Mantra will obtain fifteen kinds of good birth and will not suffer fifteen kinds of bad death.

oliness
08-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Om Mani Padme Hung

That is the most famous mantra, of Avalokiteshvara. It mean Jewel-Lotus, a symbol of the Bodhisattva of compassion. Constant repetition is said to bring the uneducated, who do not practice formal meditation, to enlightenment.

As a recommendation, search on youtube for Imee Ooi. Her chants are beautiful and very powerful.

MetaMorpheus
17-02-2014, 04:12 AM
thanks guys! im checking the mantras now! im so happy :)