PDA

View Full Version : 'The program'

RedEmbers
25-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I left school 10 years ago and if I'm honest am a pretty much a failure by societies standards lol-
I'm finding that 'the program' that was indoctrinated at school - you know the one "decide what you career you want and then go after it agresssively with all your effort" this approach has simply never worked for me- and it causes me a whole heap of anxiety!
Lately I've been living more 'faith based' life I've surrendered to my path and I am allowing it to unfold for me- I am being 'led by the path' it is a much more passive way of doing things- and it appears to work better than the system I was taught at school- and by society ect.

Now I know of one girl who does achieve alot by being active- going after leads and putting in alot of effort- but for me- I seem to have to learn to go with the flow-

Is this all a matter of individual life lessons? Or is there really something to this whole surrendering ones fate to the universe? Going with the flow?

Mr Interesting
25-01-2014, 08:45 PM
It's different for everyone and as I'm re-learning myself it's an ongoing learning experience.

As of tomorrow morning I'm going to be doing a nine to five, well an 8 to 2 to get going, because I've had so much freedom for so long it's given me a bunch of bad habits which aren't useful anymore... but alot of it has held me in good stead because I've just basically had three years off doing almost nothing but meditate but the balance of credit is running out.

So it's a balance... theres alot of good things in the regular way of doing things which create discipline and focus and maintaining energy and it's really good stuff and the other way of going with the flow has a bunch of really good stuff too and we learn from both because they aren't as opposed as we might think. Integration is maybe where alot of the good things that'll happen is this world is where it'll come from.

silent whisper
25-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I left school 10 years ago and if I'm honest am a pretty much a failure by societies standards lol-
I'm finding that 'the program' that was indoctrinated at school - you know the one "decide what you career you want and then go after it agresssively with all your effort" this approach has simply never worked for me- and it causes me a whole heap of anxiety!
Lately I've been living more 'faith based' life I've surrendered to my path and I am allowing it to unfold for me- I am being 'led by the path' it is a much more passive way of doing things- and it appears to work better than the system I was taught at school- and by society ect.

Now I know of one girl who does achieve alot by being active- going after leads and putting in alot of effort- but for me- I seem to have to learn to go with the flow-

Is this all a matter of individual life lessons? Or is there really something to this whole surrendering ones fate to the universe? Going with the flow?

Balance in flow is important. Surrendering to your *whole* self awakens the nature of all life in you as one. That requires us to flow with all outside of us and inside us. There are times for action and inaction in flow. If you envision your flow one with natures seasons you can see a correlation to stillness, planting, blossoming/awakening/ engaging and more....all in balance as one. Learning to listen deeper you can flow in alignment with all life as one. Its easy to do alone on your own in that space, but taking your flow into the greater reality as one can test the flow even more so..*winks*..

Lynn
25-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Hello

There is nothing wrong in going with the flow and not following that go to school, get good grades, find a trade, and build a foundation in a career. That is not the path for everyone to follow along. It does mean that one is looked upon differently as I choose that path in life.

I went to school, and I met me mate at 18 and decided not to peruse the University that awaited me. That does not mean that I missed out on the opportunity that career path would have taken me on though, I still followed that path but as a volunteer on my free time not a time with pay schedule. It was just as rewarding and maybe even more so.

I went to work right out of high school with a very good job, good benefits and pay....to have the crash of the 80's take me out of the workforce. Talk about a hard landing. Out of work a year, to find all the skills I had everyone else had....I landed at minimum wage. From there I worked myself up to retail management to find that not all companies want a store to succeed at the top. Again hard lessons, as there are A B and C level stores in malls that have lower rent rates. I would bring a store to the top to find I was again out of a job. I was to keep it at the middle level. That is not me not how I go things.....I strive for the top in all things.

What I came to find is the balance in doing a good job, then moving on to the next job....never overstaying the time there....and that worked well for me. Some good investments in realestate and I retired at 38. So outside the box does work. Dare to be different but know that it comes with the eyes that are not always kind in their glares.

Lynn

RedEmbers
27-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Thankyou! Once again the responses have been very helpful :) more than i cam really express, that and also something (a story) one of my Aunties wrote about success.

Yes the 'B' word again, BALANCE :smile: right on! Intuition follows close behind-

Lynn- my story sounds similar to yours- and even somewhat to yours also Mr Interesting - I met my long term partner at 18 (before I'd really figured out much of anything) I was in the workforce very briefly before I had a child- so I have had a few years (almost 6) out of the workforce and alot of time for self reflection.
Re entry into mainstream society is a slow process and I'm really taking the time to listen to that inner guidance.

running
28-01-2014, 02:59 PM

I don't know? I do both. For me finding a job that keeps me out of the grip of the programming works wonders. I love being an over the road truck driver. Except when there's ice and snow. Lol. This winters sucks!!! Lol