View Full Version : Empath

Izz
13-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm an empath.

Anyone else here is one?

BlueSky
13-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Izz,
I don't know alot about empaths but I do think we all are to the degree we recognize it. I think it results from the pure compassion and love that that we are.
Welcome!
James

Amberly
13-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Yes i'm an empath too....there's been time's i wished i wasn't but i think that's only because i was unable to control it and didn't know how to use it. These day's i feel mostly settled and realise it can be used effectively when healing.

Izz
13-11-2010, 11:53 PM
^Thank you :)

orli_the_owl
14-11-2010, 03:22 PM
*wave* yes, I am, hello :-D

Amaryllis
04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Hello All, I don't know about empathic, but I have "hits" and precognition if that counts. I know when to stop and when to turn, if that makes any sense. I know many who are empathic, and I think that it all comes from the same place. The awakening.

blackraven
05-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Yes, I'm an empath too. A good website that is helpful in explaining everything about empaths is below... :)

http://empathic.net/

Blackraven

Sangress
05-12-2010, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am an empath.

But I can open my awareness to other people at will and sense their emotions among other things.

I am not naturally prone to feeling what others do unless I have formed a bond or connection with them, or they allow me to sense them.

So, perhaps I have empathic tendancies instead.

mArIya
05-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Hi Izz

Here is another great site to look at - which has much information on empath's.

http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm

Yes I am sensitive too:hug2:

Perinelle
06-12-2010, 02:16 AM
What's an empath?

Topaz
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi yes I'm an empath :icon_frown: I never realised it until I met my x boyfriend. I could feel all his sadness and pain from previous relationships . I was caught up with his emotions and fear, which caused me to act strange around him . He then took it all the wrong way and said I was aloof and had a superiority complex :icon_eek:

I now recognise this ,but at the time i didnt realise what was going on .
A big learning Curve for me keep grounded and protected , listen to friends have empathy but don't take on their emotional baggage .

I found a brilliant blog about it http://rachelsword.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/reflections-continued/

autumn
30-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I am. But, I think I need to learn to control it more...

Where do you all live? I live out in the middle of nowhere, because I find it peaceful.

Guthee
11-01-2011, 01:34 AM
me too, I can't control it good yet, I feel others emotions as my own most of the time. Getting better at shielding myself thankfully

Internal Queries
16-01-2011, 07:34 PM
may i humbly suggest that being able to observe your personal reaction to stimuli and then observe the contrast between your emotional values and that of others might be a handy skill to develope. you might try making a point of isolating yourself occassionally and practice feeling your own personality tone. because all incoming emotions will have the signiture of the originator stamped on it, if you develope the skill to detect the contrasts between your vibrational signiture and that of the originator you can feel and observe the originator's emotions without the confusing loss of Id. this skill can eventually become reflex, where the vibrational signitures on incoming emotional data is automaticly noted and contrasted.

equuslife
30-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Yes, I am an Empath and a Healer. My primary work is with animals, but I receive much information regarding humans as well.

I have been seeking other Empaths to connect with and share experiences.

equuslife
30-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Wanted to change my reply notification to instant and could only figure how to do it this way for now.

Thanks.

Internal Queries
31-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes, I am an Empath and a Healer. My primary work is with animals, but I receive much information regarding humans as well.

I have been seeking other Empaths to connect with and share experiences.

i do wild animal rehab. though i can feel my little furry or feathered friends' feelings i tend to block it out or i can't do what i need to do to help them. their pain and fear stalls me otherwise. also if i get too close to them and my efforts to save them fail and they die the emotional effect on me is devastating.

equuslife
31-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I do a procedure I call "Clean Sweep". I go to horse sales where there are hundreds of horses going on the auction block or to slaughter. Most of them are in horrible condition. I go through the barns aisle by aisle and send them all protection, courage, and acceptance of their outcome so that they will have inner peace. I try to facilitate them becoming detached observers so they will be shielded from the fear and pain.

When I first used to do this it emotionally destroyed me. I would come home exhausted and depressed for days, even physically ill. I finally (through the guidance and teaching of another horse who came to me spiritually and went with me to the sales) found a way to shield myself from absorbing the negative energy and found the ability to feel the positive energy of the good I was doing for them and the relief I was giving them.

This has helped me tremendously and in turn facilitated my work exponentially.

Internal Queries
31-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I do a procedure I call "Clean Sweep". I go to horse sales where there are hundreds of horses going on the auction block or to slaughter. Most of them are in horrible condition. I go through the barns aisle by aisle and send them all protection, courage, and acceptance of their outcome so that they will have inner peace. I try to facilitate them becoming detached observers so they will be shielded from the fear and pain.

When I first used to do this it emotionally destroyed me. I would come home exhausted and depressed for days, even physically ill. I finally (through the guidance and teaching of another horse who came to me spiritually and went with me to the sales) found a way to shield myself from absorbing the negative energy and found the ability to feel the positive energy of the good I was doing for them and the relief I was giving them.

This has helped me tremendously and in turn facilitated my work exponentially.

wow! i admire your courage and fortitude. i couldn't do it. i just couldn't go into a situation like that and manage to come out emotionally stable. i have 3 salvaged horses of my own. 1 is a quarter horse who was rescued from an abusive redneck. (aside from beating her unmercifully he BRANDED her for no reason!) the other 2 are standard bred ex-racing trotters who would have ended up in dog food cans.

i too use calming vibes to try to mitigate the fear and pain my little wounded and/or orphanned wildlings are enduring. some respond well, seem to understand. others so not so much. small birds and baby bunnies are especially delicate.

Toolite
09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

ShamanWoman
09-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I am an empath. I admire you for your work with animals, equuslife, I have a very difficult time with shielding and can't do it unless I'm concentrating on it at all times. I have a very tough time even with my own children crying. lol You are truly doing Divine work, helping those horses find peace. Blessings to you!

equuslife
10-02-2011, 02:41 AM
I am humbled by your comments. Thank you all very much.

tmf
14-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi my name is Tracie,
I am an empath also. Not only do I feel peoples emotions I also feel their physical aliments also. Takes alot out of me.

athribiristan
15-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Yes, I have learned and developed the tool of empathy, so I guess that qualifies me. I don't really go in for labels but whatever.

eyeswideopen
13-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I am an empath too. I feel others emotions even from those who crossed over. I try not to confused those feelings as my own. I pick up energy from others also.

SunMist
13-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Count me in. I'm reading a new book by Rose Rosetree called Become the Most Important Person in the Room: your 30-day plan for empath empowerment that is looking pretty good. Her take seems to be that empaths need to become aware of and return to their own energy and that without conscious effort we automatically "merge" with whoever we connect with often taking on their burdens into ourselves afterwards.

rainbowcrow
13-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Yesterday I happened upon a website that described empaths and it was one of those "OMG" moments when I realised that the description fitted me right down to the last full-stop! And all this time I thought I was the only "special" one LOL!! Ha ha not really, but I was really quite shocked to find that there was actually a name for the way I have been all my life. Now I can understand that many of my bouts of depression may have actually been inadvertently caused by the feelings of others.
Luckily I am somewhat of a recluse and nature is my tonic so I am guessing that I have found my own way of dealing with what I previously never really understood. The only thing is, I am a little confused as I thought I had an undeveloped ability to feel and communicate (I hear and speak telepathically) with spirit, but now I am not sure that I am not just a completely insane "empath"?
I plan to do a bit of a web search to find out more but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be ever so grateful :)

rc xo

Silver
13-04-2011, 11:59 PM
may i humbly suggest that being able to observe your personal reaction to stimuli and then observe the contrast between your emotional values and that of others might be a handy skill to develope. you might try making a point of isolating yourself occassionally and practice feeling your own personality tone. because all incoming emotions will have the signiture of the originator stamped on it, if you develope the skill to detect the contrasts between your vibrational signiture and that of the originator you can feel and observe the originator's emotions without the confusing loss of Id. this skill can eventually become reflex, where the vibrational signitures on incoming emotional data is automaticly noted and contrasted.

Holy crop, IQ, I've read this 4 X's...think I need to read it a few more. I've always understood something like this without being able to put it into words, but I need this~*
:icon_eek: :smile:

Roselove
14-04-2011, 01:26 AM
i am one unfornately

Internal Queries
14-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Holy crop, IQ, I've read this 4 X's...think I need to read it a few more. I've always understood something like this without being able to put it into words, but I need this~*
:icon_eek: :smile:

cool! yay!

sometimes i'm not sure if my babble makes sense to anyOne but me. lol

Internal Queries
14-04-2011, 03:59 AM
The only thing is, I am a little confused as I thought I had an undeveloped ability to feel and communicate (I hear and speak telepathically) with spirit, but now I am not sure that I am not just a completely insane "empath"?

well IMO, empathy is the precusor to telepathy. we feel before we think. it's emotion surfacing that drives the mind to describe itself and it's perception of experiences with thoughts. with telepathy what one is doing is "hearing" the emotions of another Id as their emotions are being translated into thoughts, sometimes with accompanying imagry.

mArIya
14-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Internal Enquiries
well IMO, empathy is the precusor to telepathy. we feel before we think. it's emotion surfacing that drives the mind to describe itself and it's perception of experiences with thoughts. with telepathy what one is doing is "hearing" the emotions of another Id as their emotions are being translated into thoughts, sometimes with accompanying imagry

Thats a pretty good description of what happens in my case

rainbowcrow
14-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Yes Internal Queries! This makes alot of sense to me. Thank-you!

SunMist
14-04-2011, 08:01 AM
In Sanaya Roman's book she says that feelings and thoughts are experienced as ones own (psychic empathy) if they don't come in at a high enough center of consciousness. So the incoming information plays itself out for us in our own feelings and physical sensations. But if we can (somehow!) make our gifts more conscious then we will get pure information and not have the show and tell step.

Felynx
14-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I wouldnt say Im an empath, really, but I can tell what kind of person someone is as soon as Im around their energy. Im very sensitive to emotion, or positive/negative intentions.

Internal Queries
14-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes Internal Queries! This makes alot of sense to me. Thank-you!

cool! you're welcome. and thanks for understanding what i try convey.

Internal Queries
14-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I wouldnt say Im an empath, really, but I can tell what kind of person someone is as soon as Im around their energy. Im very sensitive to emotion, or positive/negative intentions.

lol you sound like you're an empath to me. but hey! i'll not put the label on ya if you don't feel the label applies to you.

Felynx
14-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Eh, I dont know. I looked it up and the definition was someone who can tell a persons past and future as well as understand the person better than most. Sounds silly now that I think about it.

dareau21
15-04-2011, 10:01 PM
An empath is a hypersensitive person with strings different from most people. They attune better to the surrounding and involuntarily feel and pick up peoples emotions (thoughts, intentions) as their own. It is a power to be developed and is a great gift, when mastered.

I haven't mastered mine as I involuntarily feel and pick up emotions and intentions from another aspect of my soul, incarnated in the same timeline, halfway across the globe. As I studied metaphysics so understand our connection it became impossible to cut the telepathic cords as we literally have one Higher Self, and I cannot separate from him --as the emotional connection (vis-a-vis, love) ignites the telepathic spark everytime, wherever I am, physical distance only makes it stronger.

I guess the purpose of this message is to see a creative positive outcome.
It lead me to writing two books, both published thesoultrek.com

Waiting for your comments and questions.

Internal Queries
15-04-2011, 11:14 PM
An empath is a hypersensitive person with strings different from most people. They attune better to the surrounding and involuntarily feel and pick up peoples emotions (thoughts, intentions) as their own. It is a power to be developed and is a great gift, when mastered.

I haven't mastered mine as I involuntarily feel and pick up emotions and intentions from another aspect of my soul, incarnated in the same timeline, halfway across the globe. As I studied metaphysics so understand our connection it became impossible to cut the telepathic cords as we literally have one Higher Self, and I cannot separate from him --as the emotional connection (vis-a-vis, love) ignites the telepathic spark everytime, wherever I am, physical distance only makes it stronger.

I guess the purpose of this message is to see a creative positive outcome.
It lead me to writing two books, both published thesoultrek.com

Waiting for your comments and questions.

wow! it's so rare to encounter someOne who conceptualizes inner reality the way i/we do. drink deep and share nest, my water brother!

CeresZal
18-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, i was an unstable one back then but more relaxed and balanced now. I prefer not to be as the feelings tend to overwhelm me so i tend to keep the switch off most of the time. I try not to use them unless necessarily as i'm not very trained in emphatic abilities.

LightFilledHeart
21-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Life as an empath is hard. Earth is immensely beautiful and immensely intense in equal measure. Being open to the feelings and thoughts of others, i.e., their joy and their suffering, is sometimes more than one can comfortably manage. Those of us who are empathic by nature MUST learn to protect ourselves. Some of us simply choose to avoid crowds, where the vibrational onslaught of incoming energies can be overwhelming and actually make us ill. Others learn to shut the power of receiving off for a period of time. Still others perfect a selectivity dial, whereby we can observe and take in information about those in our environment withOUT internalizing those things! The last is needful and necessary for those of us who do work in spiritual service. We must be able to see the client's pain without taking it on, for if we do the latter, we take ourselves out of service. You cannot assist another if you are both puddles on the floor!

I consider the role of an ampath to be a double edged sword in a lot of ways. Of course it is always accompanied by extreme sensitivity. Without that, empathics would neither sense nor receive! But one can learn to control it to some degree in ways that ensure self-preservation. It's of great value for an empath to be raised in an environment where someone knows of their gift and has the capability of teaching and training them in the correct use of same, so that they don't burn out and are able to live a healthy and vital life without absorbing unnecessarily the things they sense, observe, and receive from others.

Anybody see the movie The People? It's an early Frances Ford Copalla vehicle, and its subject matter is an isolated community composed of spiritually advanced and gifted people from another star system who some time back crash landed on earth while fleeing their dying planet. There's a child in the movie (and the book on which the movie is based) called Bethie. They don't call her an empath, but rather a sensitive, and when she comes fully into her gift, it is necessary for the "Old One" (the groups most advanced and wise, not chronologically the "oldest) to go into her and "sort" her, so that she might use her gift to the benefit of the people without being harmed in the process. Would that we here had an awareness of the need to do so!

Cristina
21-04-2011, 03:55 PM
In Sanaya Roman's book she says that feelings and thoughts are experienced as ones own (psychic empathy) if they don't come in at a high enough center of consciousness. So the incoming information plays itself out for us in our own feelings and physical sensations. But if we can (somehow!) make our gifts more conscious then we will get pure information and not have the show and tell step.

I have read one of Sanaya's books.... Power in Awareness I believe was the name... it was an awesome read... I am now reading it a second time and underlining... lol... I am empathic and definitely unskilled.... I do know I take on other's feelings.... always was thrown off by it till I found someone whom I could very much read and had emotions overflowing and I could help/heal... so.. it was right there for me not to miss... It was like a revelation!! The problem being... I then started to feel his feelings for me and I could not distinguish!! The other day... I had some negative thoughts about a situation at our karate studio but, set it aside... a few days later someone came up to me and pointed out that plus more... then, I became heated and could not get rid of that feeling till I took some sort of action... It stayed with me for a few days... Now, that had to have been powered up by my empathy but, how to stop it?? I tried but was unsuccessful. I guess I will have to read more books... Surprisingly, I am married to a husband who is not so emotionally attuned and although I feel like I don't connect so well sometimes cause I can't bond/heal or use my skill with him so much... it is probably good in total... doesn't throw me off... Ugh... but, who knows.
:smile: Cristina

SunMist
21-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Cristina, it's funny but my most stable romantic relationship I ever had was a lot like yours with your husband. My ex was very intellectual, logical to an extreme - he rarely lived in intense emotions. That helped me to have space to just "be me" though his lack of positive emotional expression was a huge problem in the relationship. And of course he could understand me about as well as an alien.

I can't remember if I've already posted about this, so forgive the repeat, but I just finished Rose Rosetree's book Become the Most Important Person in the Room which is really awesome. She has a lot of really practical steps to disengage empathy and get your consciousness centered back inside yourself. I haven't mastered them all but am finding them useful on initial attempt. While I absolutely love Sanaya's book, I think now that Rosetree's has more practical immediate use to help us swamped empaths.

Here's an example of a few bits:
1) Before going into an environment or interaction where you think you may empathicaly "merge" take a moment to notice sensations in your body, then take a moment to notice where your emotions are at or how clear your mind is. Then ever so often keep doing this to pull your consciousness back into yourself rather than the other person. We absorb other people's stuff because we aren't firmly anchored inside our own experience.

2) If it's too late and you've already absorbed a lot of stuff: take a few breaths focus on your own energy, then ask your higher power three times in a row to remove what is "not yours", then refocus on your energy and you will find it much clearer and expanded (at least I do)

Cristina
22-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Thank you SunMist... I guess I just found the next book for my 'pleasure reading'... I always get teased for reading books to learn from verses some history or love story or drama type book.. And, I am just learning about my empathy and all this emotional stuff... I am 43... it is a little late but alas, it is what it is.. My husbad does ok with the emotional stuff... somehow a foreign language with him... and, we are working on it so he can understand those parts of me... It has been very difficult to communicate any of this without feeling like I am the alien... I guess that is why I am on the forum... lol...

I can't remember if I've already posted about this, so forgive the repeat, but I just finished Rose Rosetree's book Become the Most Important Person in the Room which is really awesome.

Thank you for the tidbits... I will try them for sure... I think there are definitely degrees of empathy cause I can go to the mall and be ok... at least, i think I am. It's the one on one stuff - and, depending on who - gets right in.

Here's an example of a few bits:
1) Before going into an environment or interaction where you think you may empathicaly "merge" take a moment to notice sensations in your body, then take a moment to notice where your emotions are at or how clear your mind is. Then ever so often keep doing this to pull your consciousness back into yourself rather than the other person. We absorb other people's stuff because we aren't firmly anchored inside our own experience.

2) If it's too late and you've already absorbed a lot of stuff: take a few breaths focus on your own energy, then ask your higher power three times in a row to remove what is "not yours", then refocus on your energy and you will find it much clearer and expanded (at least I do)

Any other technique or reading suggestions would be very much appreciated... my empathic friends!!

Cristina

ALTHAIA
26-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Found out about being empathic over a year ago.... Never understood the lingering stuff that would stay around with me all the time and finding out how to deal with it solved alot of the depression i was once in..

My previous job had me doing client work in homes ... So ended out going to 5-7 different locations/homes daily :X have always been able to walk into a house and sense the type of surroundings going on. Or it could just be a top of town/area Kinda sucks cause following the flow of sense with that was easy ;/ and the hardest hits was the negative energy in some places, and being weighted down ....

However have had great luck using crystals since, which with contact was able to stabilize what i brought in and kept out.