PDA

View Full Version : Tea s - using them for health. Which ones you use?

thriftyarek888
23-01-2014, 04:22 AM
I use rooibos and cats claw for general immune system boost.

Ginko for memory.

You?

GoldenLioness
23-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Elderberry tea for immune system
Yogi tea for liver & kidneys
Green tea for general health :)

Have you felt that ginko has improved your memory?

lovingkind
04-02-2014, 09:44 PM
My favorite tea is Green tea with lemon balm - Traditional Medicinals.
I use pepermint for stomach upset/discomfort
I also like plain black tea to drink daily.

primrose
04-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Pau D'arco Tea also known as Taheebo…

Also like Green and White Teas...

pens66
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
No sure if it is used for this, but green tea empties my stomach and relieves any bloating. I feel really hungry after drinking it (unless I just ate a meal with it).

Nerys54
10-03-2014, 12:24 PM
For digestion I like tea blends with melissa,dandelion and mint.
I sometimes drink licorice for low energy. But not too often as it can increase BP
Chai tea for warmth in the cold seasons

Adrienne
11-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Chamomile tea is relaxing

primrose
11-03-2014, 06:03 AM
I saw a programme recently that tested Teas, green, and herbal, they found almost all of them had pesticides in them, even though they claim to be pure.
I only buy organic teas now.

Adrienne
11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
I saw a programme recently that tested Teas, green, and herbal, they found almost all of them had pesticides in them, even though they claim to be pure.
I only buy organic teas now.

so do some ' so called ' organic veggies .... depending on where you buy them or what country they come from

makes one just not want to eat or drink anything at times

off topic, but I read that the cinnamon powder one buys in stores, contains sawdust ! :icon_eek: so much for the healthy benefits of adding sawdust... oops I mean cinnamon to your food.

laura~ann
26-05-2014, 03:18 AM
I really love Holy Basil tea .... it has adaptogens which are great for health. Comes in a variety of flavors ... I love the Masala Chai -- stress-relieving and energizing.

Darren Haynes
26-05-2014, 03:30 AM
I love rooibos, it is my favorite at the moment, must be that I need something that it offers.

Always nice to have lots of teas around, so that you have more choice in the moment - kinda like a homeopathic.

primrose
26-05-2014, 07:32 AM
I agree Darren, I have several different ones, all organic, there's a new one just says 100% natural, it's called isis and it's made in Egypt…...

elisi
01-06-2014, 05:18 PM
when i was married, my ex had gout in his hands. the doctor prescribed an expensive medicine for him.

it really didn't work that great. so i gave him sassafras tea evry night and the gout disappeared.

i also use mullein for any type of bronchial illness.

pippykins
05-06-2014, 04:57 PM
So i have just read an article about rasberry leaf tea - since my rasberry bushes did not do well this year i will harvest the leaves and dry them and have them daily... great for anything female!!!!

elisi
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
raspberry tea helps strengthen the uterous for pregnant women prone to miscarriages.

also, blackberry helps relieve sinus congestion.

Darren Haynes
10-06-2014, 02:46 AM
I have felt the need for more citrus the past week, especially oranges. So besides eating lots of oranges I am drinking citrus orange tea :D
http://i47.tinypic.com/t66joy.jpg

elisi
10-06-2014, 03:24 AM
if you're looking for vitamin c, the food with the highest concentration of c is kiwi. also green bell pepper.

laura~ann
10-06-2014, 03:25 AM
I've been enjoying a rooibos blend with orange and cinnamon .... for both bright and warming qualities
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/orange-cinnamon-slider.jpg

Musken
07-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Oh how I love my tea! Though I dont think we have the same tea here where I live as you all got.

I use Nettle Tea and Dandelion Tea alot. these are both cleansing for the whole body. (bloodsystem, soft tissue etc)
I also use natural green tea.

Im a strong beleive that sugar and sweetenings are not needed, nor should be a part of our diet in general. So I drink my "weed tea" as ppl call it lol pure. It may not taste good, but its not added anything in it to mess with its health benefits ^^

seanssf
07-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Oh how I love my tea! Though I dont think we have the same tea here where I live as you all got.

I use Nettle Tea and Dandelion Tea alot. these are both cleansing for the whole body. (bloodsystem, soft tissue etc)
I also use natural green tea.

Im a strong beleive that sugar and sweetenings are not needed, nor should be a part of our diet in general. So I drink my "weed tea" as ppl call it lol pure. It may not taste good, but its not added anything in it to mess with its health benefits ^^

I agree with you Musken, sugar and sweetenings are not needed at all. I find all the natural and organic foods and drinks to have real tastes instead of manufactured tastes.

Arcturus
07-09-2014, 10:00 PM
nettle: great all rounder; alkalises, soothes and is good for allergies. tastes nice too (to me anyways)..organic in unbleached bags.

Leviosa Crimson
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
I have a spearmint plant and I enjoy a cup of tea after meals. It is refreshing, especially iced. I have been trying to grow a peppermint plant so I can make tea with its leaves too but it has been struggling to survive.

Tsuga
03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I always keep some Chinese green tea (Temple of Heaven. Special Gunpowder) on the tea shelf. It has a slight chalky texture and tastes somewhat like cigarette ash, but works wonders for heartburn.

t.

Adrienne
03-11-2014, 09:22 PM
oh my, on the description of that tea ! :icon_eek: I am glad there is a benefit for you in drinking it.

Aki
20-11-2014, 10:15 PM
When it comes to teas, I like to use white sage for general health when I need a boost (it gets strong, but it tastes good for me). Ginger and licorice work great for cramps, and a mix of licorice, horehound, ginger, rose petals and hips with lemon grass is what I use for when I have congestion.

They seem to work pretty well, for me.

skunk
18-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Each early Spring, I gather wild rosehips and make a concentrated syrup, for tea, enough to store and use until the next budding cycle.

Helps immunity, increases energy, awesome healing.

Super beneficial on many levels.

Black_Onyx
18-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Mint tea (with fresh leaves) for indigestion
Chamomile tea for hayfever/sore throat/relaxing

still discovering personal uses for other teas.

lavanya
09-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Green tea is best of all, I feel. Here in India we have the famous Tajmahal Dargeeling Tea...... Hmmm all filled with good aroma.

Clover
05-11-2015, 03:22 AM
I can't stomach too many tea's. I really love the berry flavored ones. Especially from Yogi.

The blueberry one is good too. They smell so yummy. :redface:
http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/360307/300.JPG

pdizzle45
16-02-2016, 08:09 AM
peppermint- aids the digestion process

Mona Monina
17-02-2016, 07:41 PM
I use peppermint tea, green tea, chamomile and some times sage team when I get my throat infection.

Somnia
04-03-2016, 06:58 PM
I have like 21 boxes of teas in my cabinet. I am a tea-fiend! Muwahahaha! >:3

My "go-to" for stomach problems is anything with ginger or peppermint. For calming I prefer Chamomile and various blends of the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime teas and Tension Tamer. When I have a sore throat I like their "Throat Tamer" tea or anything with Lemon with honey added to it.

For a caffeine boost I like Spice Chai, Earl Gray, Spiced Orange, Lemon Black Tea, Orchid Vanilla.

I also enjoy Green and White teas for health benefits.

I'm always up for trying different flavors and types of tea, so I'm not exclusive to one particular type. I even like loose leaf tea and don't mind drinking bits of the herbs.

I also prefer my teas hot and unsweetened. When I want sweet tea I'll use honey.

Skybird
04-03-2016, 08:20 PM
currently i am enjoying
green tea
lemongrass tea
orange tea
chamomile tea
raspberry and pomegranate tea

mailey1974
29-07-2017, 02:53 PM
I rotate on teas now i am drinking licorice which is good for the liver.
I like green tea good for cancer,peppermint tea for stomach problems.

Spearmint Leaf
30-12-2017, 05:13 PM
This forum is so beautiful !!

I love drinking Tisanes and Teas everyday around the clock !!

Currently drinking Thyme & Lemon. SO delicious.

Stinging Nettles Tea is one of my favorites, too .

Have a Blessed Day ~

pluralone
01-01-2018, 10:01 PM
I just bought some Damiana for tea to promote mental clarity. Wanted some chrysanthemum to mix with it (because it tastes good, but also because it supports a balanced immune system), but they were out of stock so I hadn't gotten around to making any tea. I don't like the taste of Damiana on its own, or at least I didn't years and years ago when I tried it once. Now I come across this thread, and right away the solution to my 'problem' is presented: I'll add some lemon grass!

Too late in the day to have my tea now -- I'm super sensitive to nootropic herbs, and I suspect this one might interfere with sleep unless I consume it in the morning. (Or maybe it'll make me drowsy, I don't know.) At any rate, I love the smell of Damiana and am looking forward to discovering what this herb does for my well being. =-)

Oooooo I might add some elder berries instead of lemon grass! That would be yummy too!

thriftyarek888
20-03-2019, 09:31 PM
when i was married, my ex had gout in his hands. the doctor prescribed an expensive medicine for him.

it really didn't work that great. so i gave him sassafras tea evry night and the gout disappeared.

i also use mullein for any type of bronchial illness.

Thanks Elisi I have gout so will try this sassafras tea. I cant find sassafras tea in tea bags to buy. Where and Which brand do you buy?

sebakpl11
22-09-2019, 08:50 PM
Green tea is the best for health, before when was no medicines green tea was the answer to many things🙂