PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever dream of meat?

PrincessKLS
13-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Just wondering if any of you vegetarian or vegan members ever dream of meat or some other taboo animal product? When I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian a few years back, I occasionally dreamed of meat but I did go back to eating meat later of course.

psychoslice
13-11-2010, 08:01 AM
No never, my mouth does water when I think of salads, mmm, I was lucky, ever since I was young I liked my veges and when I walk into the meat department i feel like I'm in a morgue.

GSX-R girl
13-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi No Never !! I have been veggie 20+ years, vegan 11/2 .

I did smoke for many years (quit 4 years ago) and sometimes dream i'm

smoking :icon_eek:

Lovely
30-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Yes I have. I've only been vegetarian for 9 months and I've been eating
meat for 14 years. But I don't have them a lot.

Uma
30-11-2010, 04:28 AM
not dream but long ago when i was pregnant i had a craving for bratwurst. i actually cooked one and when i bit into it i was so grossed out, i had to spit it out. turns it it was just the memory associated with it i wanted to relive...:rolleyes:

Lovely
30-11-2010, 04:40 AM
turns it it was just the memory associated with it i wanted to relive...:rolleyes:

I 'm kinda the same way. I don't want to and I won't ever eat meat (on purpose). However I miss society and my family considering me "normal"
or "good". But still having those labels aren't worth eating animals.

mahakali
30-11-2010, 05:31 AM
lol i had them right after i quit

Lucuno
07-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I dremt of eating chicken once, was rather amusing. LOL!

TrainsAndSewingMachines
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I have dreams occasionally that I accidentally eat meat, or that someone sneaks it in my food haha. Then I'm always really awkward, and terrible feeling in the dream.

euphoria
10-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I did last night actually. :icon_lol: I stopped eating meat (yet again) recently and I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't really have any cravings for meat. I usually don't miss it once I let go of it so I thought it was funny that I had this dream of me making this huge meatloaf. It was the biggest thing I ever seen. Funny enough, in the dream, I didn't eat it, just cooking it. I was about to eat it but I woke up before I did.

citrine
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
LOL! Its been a month since I quit meat and I have already seen meat thrice in my dream, what does it mean?

citrine
12-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I have dreams occasionally that I accidentally eat meat, or that someone sneaks it in my food haha. Then I'm always really awkward, and terrible feeling in the dream.

This is exactly what has been happening to me in my dream, I ate meat by mistake and I felt horrible!

Alice_1
05-09-2018, 02:03 AM
Hi. Perhaps the problem of killing animals is not so important to you?

Green.Heals
03-10-2018, 01:16 PM
You will dream of food, if you're not meeting your daily dietary needs. Not eating enough calories, and eventually become deficient.

LadyMay
03-10-2018, 02:07 PM
No, that's strange. That said, I was such a cheese lover that thinking about it now I'm surprised I didn't dream of it haha!

Baile
04-10-2018, 03:30 PM
You will dream of food, if you're not meeting your daily dietary needs.I would say it's not that simple. There are many reasons why people dream what they do. Watch a movie before bedtime about people in a restaurant, and you'll dream about it.

If you are thinking about food (or watching movies about food), you will probably dream about food, simple as that. And if you are thinking about it, it means your mind is preoccupied with it. When is the mind preoccupied with things? When it desires it. Think about smoking: someone who has kicked the habit, never ever thinks about it. Whereas someone who still wants to smoke, is preoccupied with it: they will think about cigarettes, and daydream about smoking, and tell stories during coffee break of their good old smoking days. (Like, just go have a smoke already!)

There is an old saying: If you crave pork, you should eat pork. Meaning, it's best to just go ahead and eat what you are thinking about and craving, rather than deprive yourself. Depriving yourself is worse in the long run than eating it.

LadyMay
04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Depriving yourself is worse in the long run than eating it.

And what about depriving those poor animals of basic rights and consigning them to a life of torture and abuse for the few short weeks or months of its life???

Better I deprive myself and save some lives.

Altair
04-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Depriving yourself is worse in the long run than eating it.Not if it concerns living beings that can experience pain and pleasure like us. Your argumentation is incomplete and would approve of someone craving human flesh, or seeking to blow up innocents. Not to mention, you open the door to all matter of addictions here. In all these cases real, physical pain and perpetuated suffering is done, so lets not be speciecist.

Debrah
08-10-2018, 01:59 PM
I 'm kinda the same way. I don't want to and I won't ever eat meat (on purpose). However I miss society and my family considering me "normal"
or "good". But still having those labels aren't worth eating animals.

That's an interesting observation on how you think society/family views you. You do something that is an 'ultimate, selfless' act (changing your diet/lifestyle), and you feel that people think you aren't normal or good.

I think the question that more accurately brings up is, what is wrong with society/family that they would twist an act of love to that extent.

Debrah
08-10-2018, 02:04 PM

There is an old saying: If you crave pork, you should eat pork. Meaning, it's best to just go ahead and eat what you are thinking about and craving, rather than deprive yourself. Depriving yourself is worse in the long run than eating it.

If I crave sugar, I should go ahead and eat sugar??? If I crave cigarettes, drugs, adrenalin high from speeding.....

The last time I ate meat was about 20 years ago and dairy and eggs was left off the grocery list starting 11 years ago. I've never dreamed about it, I don't crave it and the very thought of eating someone is repulsive.

Rah nam
08-10-2018, 09:41 PM
If your body craves something it to much of it already.