PDA

View Full Version : Growing spiritually x living lonely

Blue Sky
19-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Is it possible to grow spiritually when you are living lonely? Alone with no love comming from others?

hibrady
19-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Maybe you could join a spiritual group, or a 12 step group. Having loving people around you is very beneficial and can certainly facilitate spiritual growth.

Perfect Storm
19-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I see no reason why at LEAST some growth cannot happen if alone. Many are said to go into solitude.

shadedragon
19-01-2014, 04:50 PM
When we go into solitude, we do have quite a bit of growth that can happen. Usually first all our cobwebs show up. As we keep looking we find our other parts of ourselves too.
That's why I disappeared off SF for almost a year- removing myself from different things I begin to see different cobwebs appear, now that I'm shining light on them. Same with when I play games or other things. I take a step back every once in a while to see what now lies underneath.
Love isn't something that we can be fulfilled with by external things forever. It has to be found within ourselves. Also, recall that you may not actually be alone, you have the moon, Sun, stars, planets, animals, insects, plants, spirits, guides, the many universes, and everything/one else around you. And you also have yourself, you can also turn within.

Blue Sky
20-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Thank you all.

Thank you very much shadedragon, you are a very nice person :)

VisionQuest
20-01-2014, 03:22 AM
Is it possible to grow spiritually when you are living lonely? Alone with no love comming from others?

You don't get love from others ......

Love comes from within!

Though this cannot be understood by the limited mind, it must come from experience.......

How?

Longing, persistence, meditation , prayer .......

Try A COURSE IN MIRACLES , that is best done alone~!

Yet you are never really alone, it just appears as such ~

BlueSky
20-01-2014, 03:37 AM

I sincerely hope your life becomes filled with other people to share with and love. Have you ever considered a dog? They offer a unique kind of love for us.

Mr Interesting
20-01-2014, 04:53 AM
You'll find love from others... just not from where you'd expect it.

Being alone and lonely are two different things that just happen to share the same surface condition but can be entirely different in where they can take you.

Chin up, chest out and a nice deep breath.

Blue Sky
26-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Thank you all, I am feeling better.

Hi VisionQuest, I will try "A Course in Miracles", thank you.