PDA

View Full Version : Meditation for spiritual development

EverySingleStar
13-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I have been reading for a while now about how to develop spiritually and how to tap into my psychic potential. From what I've read, it seems that we were all born with psychic ability, except that some people are naturally able to tap into it better than others. I am not one of those people :icon_frown: (but my husband on the other hand is very psychic, which makes me a little jealous because it just comes so naturally to him and he has really astounding abilities).

ALL the resources I've seen list meditation as the most important thing to do to increase one's intuition.

I was just wondering, is there anyone out there who, like me, started on their spiritual journey without psychic abilities but was able to develop it through meditation? I keep reading that it's possible but I've yet to hear an actual real life example.

What tools (either apart from meditation OR a specific type of meditation), do you think are useful to develop these abilities?

Also, I understand it varies largely from person to person, but is there any way to tell how long the process will take? Is there a way to tell what KIND of abilities I'd have once developed (i.e. clairvoyance, clairaudience..etc)?

Thank you:redface:

Clover
13-01-2014, 10:59 PM
The biggest tool is believing. You have to trust yourself. Second,you have to practice,practice,practice. Even when you get it wrong,you pick yourself up and try again. Even the best of physics make mistakes...

shadedragon
14-01-2014, 06:11 AM
I also began with meditation and have developed all of my abilities, wisdom, and everything else which has formed the foundation of my life today. Spirituality is not something I can separate and say I got this this and that from one thing, but something so intergrated into my life that I give credit to everything- the Universe would best be how I put it.
Those tools I have developed were all forms of communication (telepathy, mediumship, channeling, etc), partial astral projection, visualization, healing, sensing, remote viewing, seeing auras (I can tune in and see them but mostly don't care enough to) and many more, along with exploring nirvana, merging, reflections and existential inquiries which have formed a part of all of my experiences and interactions.
Everything is a building block, and we can grab and pick up (learn) any one we desire to and want a part of our experience (so long as we are willing to learn and practice). Of course, sometimes we are thrown into one or are randomly given gifts and abilities, but these are all a part of our journey chosen by us and our higher self. So there is no one ability you would get out of just meditating alone unless they are those that sprout randomly as those would go with the natural development of our practices, but this is frequent and there wouldn't be a way to know what those are because all of our paths are different without contacting your higher self. Sometimes we are given "tastes" of certain abilities also so we go out and develop it on our own also.
Is there any one in particular you'd like? I can talk with your higher self for permission and if I get approved can open the channel for those abilities to develop as you meditate and reach those stages.
Being psychic may be in our energy (there are elements we all have and those that are dominant are those traits that will come out the most) in the size of our inner flame, opened by meditation, or opened by an outside source with the higher self's consent, among various other ways. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Metaphysical abilities are intended as a side effect of spiritual development, although they are often the goal for many (or at least at the beginning of their journey/point of discovering those abilities)

stephaniejadeluna
17-01-2014, 03:05 AM
i had some psychic abilities i had developed and i believe it was all due to my change in beliefs, becoming more spiritual, and the way i lived my life. meditation was also a major factor, yes. if you find out how to tap into your psychic abilities, let me know! i'm still in the process of working on it.

EverySingleStar
17-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Shadedragon, thanks so much for taking the time to explain all that to me :)

I feel like in the past I was all focused on developing one particular ability but I clued in that not only do I need to start with the basics, one particular ability may not be something I'm MEANT to develop or even could develop. SO I am just going with the flow, something is better than nothing right!

With regards to asking my higher self for permission and opening those channels that would be really great! I'd appreciate any help :) I hear I am super "protected" though, especially since I've started my spiritual journey, so let me know if you can get through and any of any outcome that happens! In terms of particular abilities, I think it would be really useful to be able to communicate with my guides, and know things about people, places, events, etc. haha is that asking for too much.:D

EverySingleStar
17-01-2014, 03:21 AM
i had some psychic abilities i had developed and i believe it was all due to my change in beliefs, becoming more spiritual, and the way i lived my life. meditation was also a major factor, yes. if you find out how to tap into your psychic abilities, let me know! i'm still in the process of working on it.

That's super interesting. Out of curiosity, what type of ability did you develop and how long did it take? I will definitely let you know if I make any progress. I hear that at first your guides will accelerate you quickly and then it stops for a while until you're ready for more progress.

stephaniejadeluna
18-01-2014, 08:20 PM
wow i've never heard of that! that's insane that you say that.. because i was having dreams about things, minor things... like cheetos, etc (lol) and i would see them randomly thrown out all across the road, things like that. also, i would be able to tell when bad things were going to happen, and what direction... say for example if i was walking i would have a deep knowing not to go in that direction. (i had a strong feeling of not going in a certain direction, to the point that i was crying and begging, didn't know why... was convinced to go in that direction anyway, and 2 minutes into walking there was a shooting literally 15 feet away!) well anyway, i say that's crazy because after about a month or two of just "knowing" things have seem to come to a halt. haven't experienced a phenomena like that in quite some time :/

and also, it just came to me! i completely changed my points of view, and my way of thinking from extremely reckless/detrimental to myself to completely positive... started meditating alot.. and all these new amazing things were happening around me. most amazing feeling ever :) i'd really like to get it back though!

EverySingleStar
18-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Stephanie, that's a really incredible story!!! Not that I'm an expert in this, but it sounds like the fact that you may have been in real danger had you walked over there made your higher self/guides step in and take steps to alert you something is very wrong.

But since most of the time we aren't in such danger, it takes a higher level of awareness of subtle energies to pick up on other (smaller) things. So it's probably not that your abilities ever stopped!!! …But rather it will just take more time/practice to experience those abilities on a more daily basis.

I once had an experience where I got in a cab (really a 'taxi service') with a friend of mine while we were visiting NY, and it just seemed the route the driver was taking was not necessary (seemed to be going a long roundabout way even though I wasn't at all familiar with the area). I got really anxious when he turned into a small area off the highway (there were stores and stuff, but it just seemed weird. Later I found out taxi services can pick up ppl wherever they want on the way to taking you somewhere). Anyway I don't know if this was my paranoia, but once the guy stopped the car I demanded to be let out immediately and I just started bawling uncontrollably (it was really strange). Later my friend told me that she was so happy I had the courage to say that because she felt equally threatened but convinced herself she's over exaggerating. To this day I don't know if anything would have happened but whatever it was (intuition OR paranoia, who knows!), I'm glad I listened to myself because I'd rather not have found out which one of them was alerting me. If it was intuition I'd probably be in serious danger! Just like you if you would have continued walking in that direction.

stephaniejadeluna
18-01-2014, 09:18 PM
wow, thank you so much for your input! i never really thought of it like that... and yes i have done things like that many times before.. if you have a gut feeling something is wrong, it's time to gooooo! because i believe the gut will never steer you wrong. better safe than to stick around and find out what is going to happen!

stephaniejadeluna
18-01-2014, 09:21 PM
oh also, in developing psychic abilities... i've been having VERY lucid dreams for the last 3 or so months.. and lately i've been sleeping with crystals above my bed and quite recently i had this crazy dream where i knew i was dreaming, and was able to pop things out of thin air with my hands! it was the craziest thing ever. so if you'd like look into crystals, if you arent into them already.. i'm just a beginner with them.. but they seem to be helping me alot. i also wear a clear quarts/amethyst necklace everyday... and it just generally makes me feel more positive about my spirituality, psychic abilities and just life in general.

EverySingleStar
18-01-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm actually crystal-obsessed but I haven't really been using them :/ I usually wear rose quartz around my neck (I find it calming) and I went through a stage where I would carry several in my pocket all day. Really need to get back into that!

Have you ever put a crystal that corresponds to each chakra for chakra healing? I've been wondering about that but I don't know for how long I need to lay there with the crystals hehe

stephaniejadeluna
19-01-2014, 07:28 AM
i'm not sure i have a bunch.. but have just been working with them individually for awhile... but i do believe there isn't any certain time.. just when you feel you have gotten what you need from the crystal. i've put my amethyst and a few others on my head when i had a headache though, etc. worked pretty well ^__^

Aki
19-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I hear I am super "protected" though, especially since I've started my spiritual journey

You, too? I was told by my ex (another very strong psychic and spiritual person) that I am so shielded and "protected", as to be essentially immune to whatever is around. There can be things happening to set him and another of our friends off, and I'm just like, "Doo-do-do-do-doo! Oh look, what a nice ring of flowers growing out of the ground like that! I'm going to step inside of it!!" :D

Is that what it's like for you, or is it your protection different?

Mr Interesting
19-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I liked what Shaded Dragon said right at the end about all the psychic abilities being a side effect, which they are, but they're kinda helpful in getting to the core of what we are essentially... and that's a good thing.

It's like being given a gift and eventually realising you didn't need the gift and really appreciated that it was offered, the offering being what, in the end, really does it for us.

Anyways, do meditation... it's good.

EverySingleStar
19-01-2014, 10:51 PM
You, too? I was told by my ex (another very strong psychic and spiritual person) that I am so shielded and "protected", as to be essentially immune to whatever is around. There can be things happening to set him and another of our friends off, and I'm just like, "Doo-do-do-do-doo! Oh look, what a nice ring of flowers growing out of the ground like that! I'm going to step inside of it!!" :D

Is that what it's like for you, or is it your protection different?

haha I love your description of that hahaha..made me laugh, it totally reminds of my husband's grandmother - she's always happy, and always noticing small things like that and commenting about how lovely everything is :) it's awesome…I wish we could all be like that!

I don't think I'm protected in that exact same way as you are, but I'll have to pay closer attention. From what I've been told, my spirit guide (my grandmother) is super protective and won't let anyone mess with me (I guess in the higher realms!).:tongue:

EverySingleStar
19-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I liked what Shaded Dragon said right at the end about all the psychic abilities being a side effect, which they are, but they're kinda helpful in getting to the core of what we are essentially... and that's a good thing.

It's like being given a gift and eventually realising you didn't need the gift and really appreciated that it was offered, the offering being what, in the end, really does it for us.

Anyways, do meditation... it's good.

Thanks! I'm continuing my meditation practice :)

And yes, I really liked what S.D. said about it being a side effect, in the end we learn about our inner selves, and gain a lot of insight into not only ourselves, but life in general. But the abilities that come along with it are an added benefit (and cool). It's sort of like magic in a sense to me :) It's just crazy to think that things like mediumship, and astral projection are possible. It's incredible and I love knowing that these things are real. It's beautiful how interconnected everything is, and there's so much more beyond what's in our immediate perception.

Mr Interesting
20-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Theres absolutely everything you could ever want... and then some, until you don't want anything.