PDA

View Full Version : Flu Season

rodan
08-01-2014, 04:59 PM
The flu has been going around in my area within past month. I was doing pretty good not catching it, but, I eventually started showing symptoms.

The other night, I couldn't even fall asleep, had a slight fever, a cough, and just felt bad.

Went to kitchen, saw I ran out of orange juice. As I was standing in front of kitchen sink, saw my container of baking soda that I sometimes use to brush my teeth with.

I've taken baking soda in the past, to help relieve acid reflux I sometimes get.

Rolled it around in my mind, if maybe this could possibly help relieve symptoms of the flu.

I took about a quarter teaspoon of bsoda, mixed with about six ounces water. Drank, went back to bed.

About fifteen to twenty minutes later, I felt great! No cough in lungs, no fever, just felt good! Felt wide awake so I watched a little tv. About an hour later, I took another quarter teaspoon of bsoda with water. Went to bed, fell asleep in about twenty minutes. Woke up next morning feeling great!

I did some google searching on " baking soda flu ". Back during the 1918-1919 flu epidemic, people were actually using baking soda and water to keep from getting flu, and lesson the symptoms. Check it out.

rodan
09-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Something to ad to my OP:

If you do attempt the baking soda/ water remedy for the flu ( or whatever ), be careful how much you use, and do it just for maybe three or four days at most.

If you have high blood pressure, you may not even want to use bsoda. It has sodium in it.

Taking too much can cause diarrhea. Do like I do, just take a quarter teaspoon with water, maybe two to three times during the day. Some sites recommend 1/2 teaspoon, six times a day. You may get diarrhea doing that.

For prevention of flu, once in morning, once before going to bed, might do it.

Adrienne
09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
hi rodan,

Sounds like a risk with taking the baking soda, not sure it is a good idea considering side effects, and how different remedies work differently for different people. Good to hear it worked for you, just not something I would want to try.

elisi
02-06-2014, 03:34 PM
a good herbal tea for the flu is catnip tea. get it at a reputable health food store.

laura~ann
02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Everytime I feel a hint of a bug coming on, I take NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract - liquid concentrate ... 10 drops in a glass of water. Kicks it every time.

mailey1974
29-07-2017, 03:04 PM
FOODS that have vitamin C can beat the flu/colds you know.Vitamin c is in many foods today.

dream jo
19-11-2017, 12:10 AM
yep its hear

rose7
31-10-2019, 02:48 AM
Very good idea, I will try your method.

gajananpatil
22-03-2020, 12:15 PM
A common misconception is that the flu is caused by cold temperatures. However, the influenza virus is necessary to have the flu, so cold temperatures can only be a contributing factor. In fact, some people have argued that it is not cold temperatures that make the flu more common in the winter.

rodan
15-04-2020, 12:59 PM
We are currently living in a global pandemic situation. As there is no cure for the current virus which seems to be very contagious and easily spread, rather than do nothing, keep the baking soda & lemon or lime juice remedy handy.

There are some youtube videos of a woman named Edna Boone, living in a small town in Alabama at the time of the flu of 1918, and how their family made it through it.

She remembers her mother giving her entire family a dose of baking soda and water every morning.

Use social distancing and keep your trips to the grocery store and pharmacy to a minimum.

Rah nam
16-04-2020, 01:22 AM
Baking soda is highly alkaline and a virus is not doing to well in an alkaline environment.

Nor is cancer.

ant
16-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Excerpt:

Coronavirus,enveloped positive-sense RNA virus.

RNA contains a ribose sugar,

and is more reactive than DNA and is not stable in 'alkaline' conditions.

Ketosis works for me.

Hakeem Wikireh
19-04-2020, 12:23 AM
More often you'll need nothing more than bed rest and plenty of fluids to treat the flu. Try that and see

rodan
29-04-2020, 12:58 PM
At my workplace, several people had " flu like symptoms " on both day and evening shift where I work, the past six weeks. One guy whom I share office and company vehicle with, came down with flu about five weeks ago. He was sick for a few days, missed one day of work, then had a lingering cough for about a week more. (yes, he came to work sick and wouldn't stay home)
A few days after he become sick, I picked up a strange gastrointestinal flu, and now had it about a month. I've never had a stomach flu in my life.
My symptoms: growling, groaning sounds coming from my intestinal area, can occur anytime during 24 hour day, whether stomach empty or not. Abdominal pain, not unbearable, but noticeable, comes and goes. Body aches, muscle aches. Some diarrhea.
No fever, no cough, no respiratory issues at all.
This past Saturday, I had abdominal pain and diarrhea all day. Six pm that evening, I drank 1/2 tsp. baking soda with water, hour later, another. About 8pm I felt great and finally had an appetite. Felt good all day Sunday, no symptoms whatsoever. Monday, back to abdominal pain, gut growling and groaning, body aches. Same on Tuesday ( yesterday ) and drank 1/2 tsp baking soda with water, twice,once in morning and once at night. This morning, I woke up feeling great, no gut issues, a little muscle aches, not too bad, though.

The baking soda and water does seem to relieve the symptoms. I'm trying to limit myself to two doses per day, morning and nighttime.