PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of turning "dark"

AbbeyWilcox
08-01-2014, 12:57 AM
I've very recently come to terms with the fact that I will never be a person who can find fulfillment in monotheism, or at least Christian-based monotheism. I've begun to acknowledge saints and angels and spirits and other positive energies that exist. I still believe that there is only one Creator, but He (I address Him as a He just out of old habit) is manifested in everything.

However, I'm terrified that I am acknowledging and even praising dark, lower energies and beings. I make it very clear that I only wish to be open to higher, positive beings, yet I have doubts. This is probably a remnant of my Christian upbringing. It wasn't a strict Christian upbringing by any stretch of the imagination, we never went to church, but I grew up with the idea that anything outside of God was an evil being. Only God was worth talking to and believing in.

I guess what I'm asking is, how does one differentiate between bad-intention energies and good-intention energies? I do believe in the duality of good/bad, so there's no point in trying to convince me otherwise even though I know if God is in everything, then how could anything turn bad...the logic is off.

How do I make sure that the spirits and energies I'm inviting into my life are ones that have good intentions?

Maguru
08-01-2014, 01:38 AM
I've very recently come to terms with the fact that I will never be a person who can find fulfillment in monotheism, or at least Christian-based monotheism. I've begun to acknowledge saints and angels and spirits and other positive energies that exist. I still believe that there is only one Creator, but He (I address Him as a He just out of old habit) is manifested in everything.

However, I'm terrified that I am acknowledging and even praising dark, lower energies and beings. I make it very clear that I only wish to be open to higher, positive beings, yet I have doubts. This is probably a remnant of my Christian upbringing. It wasn't a strict Christian upbringing by any stretch of the imagination, we never went to church, but I grew up with the idea that anything outside of God was an evil being. Only God was worth talking to and believing in.

I guess what I'm asking is, how does one differentiate between bad-intention energies and good-intention energies? I do believe in the duality of good/bad, so there's no point in trying to convince me otherwise even though I know if God is in everything, then how could anything turn bad...the logic is off.

How do I make sure that the spirits and energies I'm inviting into my life are ones that have good intentions?
If god created everything and god is in everything, there is nothing to worry about. Maybe god brings the 'lower' energies for a reason?

Simon_Templar
08-01-2014, 01:59 AM
hell, as long as it's not actually ~Lucifer~ you'll be alright.

Niebla0007
08-01-2014, 02:00 AM
It's just the way life is -
people can either be good or bad.
It is very much up to you what you choose to be or what you choose to do at any given time.
It is also up to you in a lot of situation what to make of them.
*The spirits & energies (good & bad) around can be put to good help for your intentions,
not for them to overwhelm you instead. Keep that in mind.

At least, you already have acknowledge the duality of good & bad.
It's just the fear of the dark, lower energies and beings one needs to overcome.
I simply settle for a peaceful mind and just being in good & positive state of mind.
(easily achieved through meditations for training for a while until you become good at it)
Then, all you have to do in facing your fears is - be in touch with that good state of mind.
Make that strong enough, and stronger than your fear and you shouldn't be bothered by your fears anymore.

Afterall, why would there be a saying such as you attract what you put out
?

AbbeyWilcox
08-01-2014, 02:40 AM
If god created everything and god is in everything, there is nothing to worry about. Maybe god brings the 'lower' energies for a reason?

I just can't figure out what the reason for lower energies is. It's probably something akin to the idea that "struggle makes us stronger", but I don't want to get sucked into the struggle and end up losing, you know?

AbbeyWilcox
08-01-2014, 02:43 AM
hell, as long as it's not actually ~Lucifer~ you'll be alright.

Ahahah the ~ things add a comical emphasis to Lucifer :D

How do you know that it's Lucifer though? Or how would you know that any spirit or energy or whathaveyou has ill intentions?

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Lord knows I'm paranoid enough in my "normal" life, it's just amplified in my spiritual life.

AbbeyWilcox
08-01-2014, 02:45 AM
It's just the way life is -
people can either be good or bad.
It is very much up to you what you choose to be or what you choose to do at any given time.
It is also up to you in a lot of situation what to make of them.
*The spirits & energies (good & bad) around can be put to good help for your intentions,
not for them to overwhelm you instead. Keep that in mind.

At least, you already have acknowledge the duality of good & bad.
It's just the fear of the dark, lower energies and beings one needs to overcome.
I simply settle for a peaceful mind and just being in good & positive state of mind.
(easily achieved through meditations for training for a while until you become good at it)
Then, all you have to do in facing your fears is - be in touch with that good state of mind.
Make that strong enough, and stronger than your fear and you shouldn't be bothered by your fears anymore.

Afterall, why would there be a saying such as you attract what you put out
?

I really appreciate what you've said. I find it really comforting.
I just have one question - once the fear is gone, are the evil energies gone too? I mean, just because you're unafraid doesn't mean the threat is gone.

Because I'm scared, am I attracting fearful beings?
That was a rhetorical question. I think I already know the answer.

DayLight1555
08-01-2014, 03:00 AM

God doesn't create life. God just exists, and he exists because life exists. And life/god always existed.

God does not live outside of life. God is a part of it.

Life consists of good and bad. Evil is not what we think it is.

Good and bad... It happens because life uses a process of randomness to create variety.

When you write your first draft, there will be some "bad" in it. You will fix it. But you can't write a perfect story right away.

Life can't create perfect things. Life "learns" and "fixes" things.

Randomness is responsible for things turning out a bit ugly. But then again, "ugly" is in the eyes of the beholder. Some people think that modern art is ugly and others are inspired by it.

Everything is relative.

Bad is "what we don't want".

It's not bad in itself. It's just what we desire not to be or not to have. For example, we don't want to experience pain. So whoever gives us pain is considered "bad" by us.

But killing someone could be considered good too. For example, if I want to not exist, and someone gives me the gift of killing me, I would be grateful and happy. And would see that as a favor, as something good.

Regarding people who are "bad"... well, each person is a combination of random balance of genes, chemicals, teachings and circumstances. Some combinations of these turned out "beautiful" and some turned out "ugly". (But then again, for some people the ugly may seem beautiful)

It's like a baker baking and some cakes turned out defective. It's just life. Even some babies are born with defects. There are many examples of how life didn't turn out so great.

Bad people are the ones who want something, but this something is not what others want. So there is a conflict.

A bad kid could be the one who rebels. But think of it this way: this kid is simply doing what he wants. And the parent is keeping him from doing what he wants. So who is bad here: the kid or the parent?

Some people were born to feel the pain of others, to empatize. So they don't like do something which hurts someone, becuase they can empathize and feel this pain. So it's like hurting themselves. So because they can feel others' pain, it's in their best interests not to cause pain to people.

People who can't feel others' pain don't have the same motivation. Why shouldn't they hurt someone? Usually, people only hurt to get something that they want. And why shouldn't they? Shoudln't everyone have a right to have what they want? But sometimes, it's impossible to have without hurting someone else.

But people hurt each other all the time, and yet not seen as bad. For example, a parent hitting a child (when all the child wanted to do is something fun). Or someone divorcing: hurts the partner and hurts the kids. Or someone picking up the money on the street: it hurts the one who lost it.

So it's all very vague. What's evil? It's just a combination of things which turned out in the way that we don't want or don't like (just so happened randomly by life).

Attracting evil spirits - (spirits are not what you think they are), but nevertheless, our mind is capable of interacting with mental abstract things, like fear. So this fear could make you feel like you're interacting with the devil. The devil is just a label we give to something scary. We don't know how to explain what it is, so we create stories about what it could be.

Evil spirits exist, but they are a mental force, they live within the collective consciousness. They can't exist apart from our consciousness. So if we think negative thoughts, it's like we are "interacting with negative mental beings". And the reason we can make them go away is because it's all mental, and therefore subject to the power of the mind. So yes, thinking good thoughts would bring you into the interaction with higher spirits, such as spirits of love and kindness and good things. But they are not alive like people. They are more mental, more abstract than we think. But still, we are quite capable of interacting with them and visualizing them even (although differnet people would probably give them a different form).

It's like having a nightmare. It's just a dream. Are dreams "real" or "not real"? In some sense, people say: it's just a dream, it's not real. And yet, it makes you scared out of your mind and makes you shiver and does things to you. And so in the same way spirits are real. They are not as real as we are, and yet, they do interact and can cause things to happen.

Mr Interesting
08-01-2014, 03:36 AM
One way to do it is do a grand study of civilisations and understand the growth of religious thought and enterprise and gain the perspective to see it for what it really is because even though there is definitely spirituality within religion it's also mixed up with a whole lot of other stuff that renders it into the emotional charged fantastical... something, that defines itself as spiritual.

While this is going on, reading, studying and intellectualising the great big thing called religion take some time to realise the place of emotions in your life and how ideas, which in and of themselves are only ever ideas, can become emotionally charged. Propaganda is well used to working with this... see the political hopeful carrying the pretty mothers baby... mother Mary carrying Jesus.

But don't get too carried away by it all. It's all just incredibly complicated nonsense we've all made up... because it's what we're good at.

All of this is kind of a waste of time too but you're young and you've got lot's (of time to waste) and along the way you'll realise that what you feel and what you think is actually better and it'll make you strong enough to eventually find the quietness underneath it all which is when the fun begins.

Maguru
08-01-2014, 03:40 AM
I just can't figure out what the reason for lower energies is. It's probably something akin to the idea that "struggle makes us stronger", but I don't want to get sucked into the struggle and end up losing, you know?
I see god as Life in its entirety. Life is ever changing but we as humans struggle against change. I believe the negative energies are there to promote change.
The perception of evil spirits makes it far more frightening than it actually is. Your mind tends to run away with you holding such beliefs. Whereas, if the negative energies are perceived as just that and are there promoting change, it changes everything. with luv

Albalida
08-01-2014, 04:41 AM
how does one differentiate between bad-intention energies and good-intention energies? I do believe in the duality of good/bad, so there's no point in trying to convince me otherwise even though I know if God is in everything, then how could anything turn bad...the logic is off.

You can't. You either choose to trust them, or not. Just like when meeting a new person. You wouldn't, say, marry somebody that you just met because you don't know what they're like. But you observe them, see what strikes you about them--if they're rude, you get put off but at least it wasn't something horrible that happened to you; if they're pleasant to be around then you want to get to know them better. Sometimes, just like people, they turn out to have a characteristic or issue that you can't deal with because it's hurtful and will end three years of friendship over it.

And some people will rob and threaten you the first time you meet, which is a clue that they're not pleasant.

And some people appear unpleasant but are really just going through personal problems and need help.

It all boils down to your own judgment.

Really, though, it all bounces against your own point of view, and your own moral compass. A generally pleasant person might encourage you to shoplift. Would you say, "Oh, but they're generally pleasant so this must be okay to do--nobody's getting hurt, after all" or do you go, "No, shoplifting is wrong and even though you still act pleasant I know what you're really like now and it's unpleasant"?

God-Like
08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
You can't control whom or what goes where ... There is no doorway as such that only lets good energies in . A door is a door and nothing else . If you open the door you'll just have to see what comes knocking . I say a prayer of sorts every time I open up to intentionally work with spirit whether it be in meditation or ritual / healing work and within the prayer I only invite the light so to speak .

However I have had to deal with some negative souls within the mix .

My understanding is that what comes, comes for a reason . The reason might not make sense at the time for you or for the negative energy but one finds themselves wherever they are in the moment because of something ..

One particular incident that occurred at our circle was the visit of 3 negative individuals from the elizabethan period .

To cut a long story short they were brought forward by our gatekeeper to watch how individuals work with light and healing .

They had a life of selfishness and darkness and there was opportunity for them to see the other side of the coin in motion and in effect .

This is just one instance of course and there will be instances where a negative soul will bring something to the table in order for you to self reflect upon .

What happens, happens .

Perhaps if anyone is not self assured within their own light then opening any door will create uncertainty at some point .

x daz x

Niebla0007
09-01-2014, 02:49 PM
question - once the fear is gone, are the evil energies gone too?
I didn't think I said something like that.
And the answer is no.
The point I was getting at is just for you to be able to face them
just like how you'd just have to deal with all sorts of people you encounter in your everyday life.