PDA

View Full Version : First Oracle card deck

Adrienne
12-11-2010, 07:52 AM
What was your first Oracle/ Angel card deck ?

Did you choose it or did the deck choose you ?

If you have since then, acquired more card decks...is your first deck your favorite ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Amberly
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
My first deck was the Archangel Oracle.......hmmmm think i chose it. I have 6 decks now and my favourite one is the Angel Therapy deck, although I swing between that one and Daily Guidance from your Angels. Oh then I quite like the Messages from your Angels! lol When didn't you just ask me my least favourite deck lol Would of been an easier choice for me :smile:

Amberly
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh just realised.....i didn't answer your question properly. No my first deck isnt my favorite :D

Adrienne
12-11-2010, 11:26 AM
hi Amberly, there is no proper or unproper way of answering the question,lol !

The Archangel Oracle deck is probably one of my most recent decks, my first one was an Angel one of course, have to look to find out the title. And I am not sure on how many decks I have as at the moment the decks are like my thoughts, scattered ! :tongue: My thoughts are not always scattered, on occasion they are focused.

white_monarch
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
My first deck was 'Healing with the angels" by Doreen Virtue. I have two others, 'The Enchanted Oracle" and "The Rune Vision Cards." I'm not sure if my first cards chose me or not, but they felt right and always have. Right now though, I'm more drawn to my Enchanted Oracle.

Adrienne
12-11-2010, 03:57 PM
hi white-monarch,

I have not heard of the Rune Vision or Enchanted Oracle decks before, they both sound interesting !

I have had both experiences, I have gone to my favorite bookstore or new age shop with a specific card deck that I was looking for. And I have also just gone to the bookstore and purchased one of the decks that was "speaking "to me at the time. This second experience, where the cards were speaking to me ...I purchased Animal Messages by Susie Green and for a time, I really liked these.

I also have a deck I have never used called Karma Cards by Monte Farber. A friend suggested these, but I just don't feel them " speaking " to me.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Gracey
12-11-2010, 04:04 PM
my first one was oracle of the dreamtime....great tool to train my mind. now i recetnly bought the buddha tarot, there a lot of cards in that one. have not gotten use to it yet, but it is very accurate.

Spiritlite
12-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Archangel was my first. My favorite is the Unicorn Deck.
Spiritlilte

white_monarch
12-11-2010, 07:36 PM
hi white-monarch,

I have not heard of the Rune Vision or Enchanted Oracle decks before, they both sound interesting !

I have had both experiences, I have gone to my favorite bookstore or new age shop with a specific card deck that I was looking for. And I have also just gone to the bookstore and purchased one of the decks that was "speaking "to me at the time. This second experience, where the cards were speaking to me ...I purchased Animal Messages by Susie Green and for a time, I really liked these.

I also have a deck I have never used called Karma Cards by Monte Farber. A friend suggested these, but I just don't feel them " speaking " to me.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Perhaps you can find someone to give the Karma cards too. They may speak to someone else. It's interesting. The Enchanted Oracle is more pagan centralized and is illustrated by faeries and mermaids. The other is runes. I've discovered they all work pretty well, but I get a stronger reading for someone if they connect as well too. I most always let whoever I'm reading for choose what they want to work with. It's nice to have a variety I guess. ^^

Do you not like the animal messages one anymore?

SoaringSpirit
12-11-2010, 08:11 PM
My first deck was 'message from the fairies'. I have since bought many others. I don't really have a particular favourite, I like all of mine.

Adrienne
14-11-2010, 12:09 PM
hi White Monarch,

Good idea on giving away the Karma cards. Nice idea to let those you are reading for, choose the deck . I really don't read for anyone else, on a rare occasion for a friend or two. Usually I am just using the decks for myself. It seems to go in stretches, some times I feel connected to one or two decks, and the cards I receive are so in sync with what is going on in my life... and sometimes, these cards just don't speak to me, and I choose another deck.

Oh I still like the animal messages deck, for awhile it seemed I was always seeing different animals and I liked checking on the messages. Lately it seems like I haven't been getting any animal messages at all.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
14-11-2010, 12:11 PM
my first one was oracle of the dreamtime....great tool to train my mind. now i recetnly bought the buddha tarot, there a lot of cards in that one. have not gotten use to it yet, but it is very accurate.

hi Gracey,

I like the sound of the oracle of the dreamtime cards ! Who is the author of that deck ?
Interesting on the buddha tarot. I am just amazed at the variety of decks out on the market !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Katiecat
15-11-2010, 08:55 PM
My first deck of oracle cards was the "Healing with the Fairies" by Doreen Virtue. I love them, and yes they chose me....as I was really shopping for a tarot deck originally.

Adrienne
15-11-2010, 09:01 PM
hello Katiecat ! :hug3: Welcome back !

funny how that works when the cards choose us !

Ivy
15-11-2010, 09:09 PM

If you have since then, acquired more card decks...is your first deck your favorite ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

I cant remember what my first deck was....it was either a fairy card deck or animal oracle.

Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps.

I have aquired more since then and I dont have a favourite deck. Part of the reading, for me, is intuitively choosing which deck to use. They are each quite unique in their way of relating to questions....and the nature of the questions they are most approprate for.

indigoangel
16-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Well, I think my first Oracle card deck was the archangels one, which is also my favorite. It's the one I'm more "attuned" to. I don't know if this has something to do with it, or if I'm just particularly sensitive to the archangels. My second and most equally favorite, is my deck of Archangel Michael cards. He's really good for when I need some straight talking advice balanced with a heavy dose of courage and love.

Adrienne
16-11-2010, 05:22 PM
hi heather,

yes, makes sense if one is doing a reading for someone, to intuitively choose which deck to use. I meant a favorite deck for yourself, if you were doing readings just for you.

and as far as who chooses who... that question explained is ...
I was wondering when a person purchases a card deck, did they go into the store specifically looking for a particular deck by a specific author ?

OR did the person just happen to go to the New Age section of the store, and look at all the decks and feel " drawn " towards or have one of the card decks " speak "
to them ? Just a curiosity type question, not a big deal.

Your answer of "Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps." is a very good answer !

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
16-11-2010, 05:23 PM
hi indigoangel,

I also have the Archangel Michael cards and I use them quite frequently.

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
16-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Today I decided to take inventory, and see what card decks I have, they were all in different locations.

I have 12 decks ! :icon_eek: I didn't realize I had quite so many.

I have ~

* Messages from Your Angels by Doreen Virtue (D.V.)
* Goddess Guidance by D. V.
* Angels of Light by Diana Cooper
* Archangel Michael by D.V.
Archangel Oracle by D.V.
Crystal Oracle by Toni Carmine Salerno
Healing Cards by Caroline Myss and Peter Occhiogrosso
Archangel Raphael Healing cards by D.V.
Animal Messages by Susie Green
* Wisdom of Avalon by Collette Baron - Reid
* Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Collette Baron - Reid
Karma Cards by Monte Farber

My favorite decks/ ones that I use most often have a * in front of them.

Ivy
16-11-2010, 10:03 PM
hi heather,

yes, makes sense if one is doing a reading for someone, to intuitively choose which deck to use. I meant a favorite deck for yourself, if you were doing readings just for you.

and as far as who chooses who... that question explained is ...
I was wondering when a person purchases a card deck, did they go into the store specifically looking for a particular deck by a specific author ?

OR did the person just happen to go to the New Age section of the store, and look at all the decks and feel " drawn " towards or have one of the card decks " speak "
to them ? Just a curiosity type question, not a big deal.

Your answer of "Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps." is a very good answer !

Dream Angel xx

I choose intuitively when I am doing readings for myself too. Because I know my cards and where in me they touch, the deck I choose has some relation to what I take from the reading.

tree oracle - tend to give a longer view of the immediate situation, showing it in the context of a bigger picture.

animal oracle - are about behaviour and where we are focussing...or where it may benefit us to focus.

crystal oracle - these speak of life in terms of energies.

ascended masters - I like these because they are quite direct in terms of giving an answer......but have been 'told off' by my intuition at times for wanting to choose them for an obvious answer, when it is a situation that needs my contemplation.

angel oracle - these are about emotion...I rarely find guidence in these cards, but I do find confirmation and understanding.

healing with fairies - these speak to the child within, they are light hearted and easy in times of fear. I often use them if my children want a card.

And my latest deck - mystical lenormand cards - these are purely symbolic and stimulate the inner voice.

Ofcourse, these meanings are only how I relate to the cards personally, but its helpful I find.

Adrienne
16-11-2010, 10:25 PM
heather ~ very interesting the differences in the card decks, thank you for explaining and for sharing your insights ! :smile:

white_monarch
16-11-2010, 11:16 PM
hi White Monarch,

Good idea on giving away the Karma cards. Nice idea to let those you are reading for, choose the deck . I really don't read for anyone else, on a rare occasion for a friend or two. Usually I am just using the decks for myself. It seems to go in stretches, some times I feel connected to one or two decks, and the cards I receive are so in sync with what is going on in my life... and sometimes, these cards just don't speak to me, and I choose another deck.

Oh I still like the animal messages deck, for awhile it seemed I was always seeing different animals and I liked checking on the messages. Lately it seems like I haven't been getting any animal messages at all.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Maybe they'll start talking to you again soon ^^

Summerkat
21-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I really love Oracles. My very first one would have to be an unusual one called Insite. It came out, oh gosh, many years ago..its a board and a deck of cards. I had so many good readings with that one that it opened me up to Oracles. I got that at a time when there was like nothing around compared to today.

Since then I've purchased a number of Oracle decks. My favorite oracle is The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud. I ***love*** this one. This is my main one.

Also I have Healing with the Fairies by Doreen Virtue. I also own a couple of her decks dealing with angels but they don't give me good readings at all. And I have her Unicorn one but haven't spent much time with it.

I've got a oracle based on Carl Jung's work..that one is pretty interesting.

I have another one thats more just a fun one, "Good Witch, Bad Witch." Got that one for next to nothing.

And I don't know if you count this or not, but I have Medicine Card which are more like an Oracle rather than a Tarot.

I'm probably forgetting one or two. Love Oracle decks :)

Adrienne
21-11-2010, 02:40 PM
hi Summerkat,

Quite the variety of decks you have ! Sounds like some fun ones too :smile: Can you tell me who is the author for the " Good Witch, Bad Witch " ?

I have been hearing alot about the Fairies card decks and yes, Medicine decks count too. Are these like healing decks ? I have one or two of those.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Summerkat
21-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Dream Angel,

"Good Witch, Bad Witch" oracle is by Gillian Kemp. I don't have a link to photos or a review of the cards on this one. But I do for the Medicine Cards.

The Medicine Cards deck I have is by Jamie Sams & David Carson. If you'd like to see pics of some of the cards and a link to a review, Aeclectic Tarot has one here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/medicine-cards/index.shtml I would say that they are healing, yes. Mostly it is a deck for finding and working with your totems. I've done some with this deck but don't use all that often really anymore. Once I got Faeries Oracle, I just really stuck with that one.

Hope that helps some :)

Wynd
22-11-2010, 12:42 AM
My first deck was the Mythic Tarot (gift from Mum), second was The Angel Oracle, then Titania's Fortune Cards and most recently Messages from your Animal Spirit Guide Oracle cards by Steven D. Farmer.

My favorites are the Tarot and Animal Guides. I've bought all except the Tarot and Angel cards (those were a gift from a friend, whose family's medium suggested them for me).

Really depends on what I feel most attracted to at the time of the reading :)

Adrienne
22-11-2010, 10:59 AM
hi Wynd,

Welcome to the forum ! Cool name choice and lovely avatar .

I didn't realize there are so many Animal card decks, quite the variety . Thank you for sharing your card choices with us.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
22-11-2010, 11:01 AM
hi Summerkat,

Thank you for the author for the " Good Witch, Bad Witch " oracle cards.

And thanks for the Medicine cards link, not sure what I was thinking in the way of healing, but animal totems didn't come to mind. Looks like an interesting deck, will have to visit my local shop and take a closer look at this deck. And so many Fairie decks have been mentioned, just might need to look at some of those too. Their messages sound so light and fun !

Dream Angel xx

sunny shine
22-11-2010, 03:20 PM

"Ask your guides" - Sonia Choquette

Did you choose it or did the deck choose you ? [/I]

I just went shopping, wanted to get a tarot card deck, then i found Ask your guides oracle card and bought it thinking its a tarot card deck. I have heard many audio CDs by sonia choquette and the first one that i heard was "Ask your guides" so think the card choose me

If you have since then, acquired more card decks...is your first deck your favorite ? [/I]

I have only i deck of oracle cards for now

Summerkat
22-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Dream Angel, you are welcome. About the faerie decks.. "Healing with the Fairies" by Doreen Virtue is a light one. There are no negative cards in it.

I wouldn't say that "The Faeries Oracle" by Brian Froud is light though. There is a mix of faeries in his deck and some of them deal with the harsher aspects of life. The cards are pretty in depth. And the intuitive information you get using them is incredible.

Have fun finding your new oracle :)

Adrienne
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
hi Sunny,

I didn't know Sonia had oracle cards. I think I might have one of her books. For some reason " Ask your Guides " sounds familiar, wonder if she has a book by the same name ?

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
hi Summerkat,

Thanks for the info on the Faerie card decks. I was thinking of going to the store today, to see which deck " speaks to me ". If I purchase a new one, I will post it here.

Dream Angel xx

eraser
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
My first set of Oracle cards was the Medicine Cards of Jamie Sams and David Carson. My first Tarot deck was the Shapeshifter Tarot by D. J. Conway and Sirona Knight.

My most recent deck is The Golden Tarot by Liz Dean but my favourite (and most used) deck is The Native American Tarot by Magda Weck Gonzalez and J. A. Gonzalez.

Adrienne
01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
hi eraser,

I see that you have one Oracle card deck and three Tarot decks. I am just curious to know, what it is that you like better about the Tarot decks compared to the Oracle decks ?

Dream Angel xx

eraser
01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
hi eraser,

I see that you have one Oracle card deck and three Tarot decks. I am just curious to know, what it is that you like better about the Tarot decks compared to the Oracle decks ?

Dream Angel xx

Hi Dream Angel.

In short, their history. Tarot decks have been around for several hundred years. It's my understanding (and I'm not all that well-versed in their history) that Oracle cards are a relatively new phenomenon.

I was initially drawn to the Medicine Cards because of a growing interest in animal totems. That deck got me thinking about the Tarot and I began to explore it as well.

Adrienne
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
hi eraser,

Interesting how one thing leads to another, like your interest in the animal totems and Oracle deck, leading you to the Tarot cards. I have had this happen also, can't think of a specific example at the moment... but it is sometimes like I am following a certain path, and I will come across a new idea, or meet someone with new ideas and before I know it I am taking a slight detour.... eventually leading back to the original path, just taking a different way to get there. Variety is good .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

eraser
02-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Variety is indeed good. And paths without detours would be boring. :)

Adrienne
02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I just got back from shopping and bought 2 new Oracle decks ~

Magical Messages from the Faeries by Doreen Virtue

Oracle of Shadows & Light by Lucy Cavendish

There were two others that also looked interesting but I will save those for another time.

euphoria
20-12-2010, 08:39 PM
My very first oracle card deck is Doreen Virtue's Archangel Michael cards.

Since then, I got Doreen Virtue's Archangel Raphael cards. I love them both. I'll probably get some more cards...maybe today! lol

Dreamer444
19-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Messages from the angels was my first deck which I do work well with, I do think they chose me, but my favourite cards I have now has to be Archangel Michael, they seem to work well for me

Adrienne
22-01-2011, 10:33 PM
hi Dreamer,

I do like it when the cards choose us :smile:

Amethyst Angel
24-01-2011, 11:26 PM
My first oracle deck was Healing with the Fairies by Doreen Virtue but my favourite is Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Collette Baron-Reid. My favourite tarot is The Guilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti

paulrosk
26-04-2011, 06:23 AM
My first deck was Archangel, it picked me! It sat on the shelf in the box along with 2 other decks for a year while I was struggling with different Tarot decks. Gave up on Tarot and did nothing for months, then one day I just figured I'd look at the cards and boom, like love at first sight! Now all my Tarot decks sit up on the shelf gathering dust, but since I collect cards (have almost 350 decks of Bicycle Playing Cards) I figured they make a nice addition to my collection. I also tried some Rune cards, have 3 sets of stone Runes too, just not for me, it's Angel Oracle or nothing at all ...

paulrosk
28-04-2011, 01:41 AM
My first Angel Oracle deck was the Archangel Deck, found it by accident. I was looking for "Runes" on Ebay, saw this package for like $16 that had 2 Runes sets, an Intuition set, and 3 Oracle decks, so I bought it. Since then the Runes have fallen by the wayside, not for me. A while ago just for fun I opened the Oracle decks and I WAS HOOKED! Archangel Oracle in MY DECK! Plus I have Mermaids & Dolphins which I pair up with the Archangel deck. I also have Healing With Angels, but I'm giving that deck to my friend.

Adrienne
28-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Amethyst Angel, nice choices on the Oracle cards. I have both of those ! I really like the " Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Collette Baron-Reid."

Adrienne
28-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Wow Paul, 350 decks of regular cards ! You have a ways to go to catch up with your Oracle card decks ! :D

Lately I have been using my Archangel Oracle deck and my Archangel Michael deck. I haven't seen the Mermaid and Dolphin deck yet. Just curious, how do you pair up card decks ? how does that work ?

Dream Angel xx

seahorse
18-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey, nice thread you got here ! I just got my first deck : Power animal oracle cards saw it in another forum was hooked in a sec. Now i'm thinking on having an Angels deck as well ! :angel2:

Adrienne
18-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Thank you seahorse ! I should warn you, these decks are addicting, kind of like potato chips ... you can't have just one ! :tongue:

So many Angel decks to choose from, I am looking forward to hearing which one you choose.

Dream Angel xx

seahorse
18-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Lol that's funny i was eating potato chips, visited the site and now i read this ! As for the angels deck i guess i'll have to postpone (maybe next week lol) as just yesterday i ordered a couple of books about evolutionary (or karmic) astrology. Its a relatively new astrology branch, according to it the position of Pluto in our chart and its relation to other planets reveals our soul's path through the multiple reincarnations, karma, where we come from and where we go, fascinating stuff like that !! But if i order anything else right now i know my wife'll just kill me rofl :nono:

Adrienne
20-05-2011, 05:30 AM
ha ha on the potato chips, synchronistic or something ! :D I hope you were not typing with greasy fingers, lol !

oh oh, ordering books... that is another story ! Interesting on the karmic astrology, I will be looking forward to you posting something about that, after you read the books.

I find it best sometimes not to even go into my favorite bookstore, seems there is always a book or two that " speaks to me " and guess what ? I end up making a purchase ! Right now I have so many books waiting in line for their turn to be read. :tongue:

such a cute little smiley with the no no !

crystalhealer1992
20-05-2011, 02:04 PM
My first deck was a tarot deck passed down through my family, I have recently obtained the Daily Guidance from your Angels (Doreen Virtue), Sensual Wiccan Tarot (Lo Scarebeo) this was a gift, Archangel Cards (Doreen Virtue), and Crystal Oracle Cards. My favourite over and above all is my angel cards although my crystal oracle are a very close second :)

Meghan x

paulrosk
21-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Do you have any other Angel Decks by Doreen Virtue? I have 2, Healing With Angels and the Archangel Oracle deck. I also have the Mermaids and Dolphins deck, but the Angel decks are my favorites, use them all the time!

Kruise
27-05-2011, 12:16 AM
My first deck was "healing with the Angels" by Doreen Virtue. I have about 6 decks now, but still want to get Doreen's Archangels deck. The Mermaid and Dolphin deck is one of my favourites. I also enjoy some healing cards by Caroline Myss and Peter Occhiogrosso.
K.

paulrosk
27-05-2011, 12:23 AM
I have the Healing With Angels deck, also the Archangels deck which is my favorite, it just "talks" to me. I have the Mermaids & Dolphins, like that deck too. I just got the Daily Guidance From Your Angels deck the other day. Really beautiful cards, they have the "gold" edges and beautiful colors.

Blessings ....

Paul

Moonkestrel
30-05-2011, 08:20 PM
My first one was the Arthurian Tarot - was great to start with as loved the celtic/grail theme...

hawkslayer
06-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I think i must have the most unusual oracle deck. Its called the wisdom of the mayans and is quite a few years old. I would say i think that the deck chose me because at the time of finding it, it jumped out off the shelf at me when i was looking for a tarot deck. Since aquiring it and having read the book that came with it I have virtually used nothing else for readings except that deck even though i have recently acquired a rose quartz nordic rune set.

ravenstar
23-09-2011, 10:16 AM

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

My first oracle deck Jamie Sam's "Medicine Cards" was gifted to me. I must have at least 8 oracle decks now and though the Medicine Cards are still a favorite, I'm really absorbed into the Tao Oracle at the moment. :)

BlueOwl
12-10-2011, 08:25 PM
My brother brought me healing with fairies by doreen virtue quite a few years ago but I was more interested in reading the Tarot back then. I had tried to use them but for some reason could not connect to them. I have since brought Messages from your Angels also by Doreen and I have only had them a month or so and use them often. I completely love them.

rmgardner
22-10-2011, 03:41 AM
My first Oracle deck is Brian Fraud, I let them pick me. It was a really interesting experience and I love my cards. It took about and hour

I have been told that you are supposed to chose your own cards that you should have some one buy them for you, other wise they wont work correctly. But I have found that too be wrong, my Oracles work much better than my Tarot deck.

My first deck was bought for me and I didn't really care for them, they didn't seem to work correctly for me. They were very negative cards and constantly needed cleansed,so I eventually got rid of them.

IndigoAmber
29-10-2011, 03:44 AM
My first deck is not my favorite. It was my second deck, that I feel I love the most.

Adrienne
29-10-2011, 04:33 AM
My first deck is not my favorite. It was my second deck, that I feel I love the most.

hi IndigoAmber,

Just wondering, would you like to share the names of these decks ?

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
29-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Amazing the variety of Oracle card decks out there to choose from ! Something for everyone and more :smile:

IndigoAmber
30-10-2011, 03:20 AM
hi IndigoAmber,

Just wondering, would you like to share the names of these decks ?

Dream Angel xx

I don't remember the name of the first deck, I was just at a bookstore and picked up the only deck they had. That's when I decided to take my time until I felt drawn to a particular deck. And that's when I came across the angel therapy cards by Doreen Virtue. I just recently bought her archangel deck and still don't love it as much as the angel therapy.

Adrienne
30-10-2011, 04:06 AM
Thank you Indigo Amber, I always enjoy hearing about the different decks that people use, just in case I don't have that one. I do have both the ones you mentioned, and a few others by Doreen V. There are times when I feel drawn to using certain decks and times when some of the decks, just aren't speaking to me. Nice to have a variety to choose from.

Dream Angel xx

angelwhispers
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
my first deck was healing with the fairies and i let myself be too influenced by others when picking. the one i used alot of was messages from your angels. i just recently picked up angel therapy cards just for readings for me and the enchanted map oracle to read for others.

Adrienne
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
hi angelwhispers,

I also have the Faires deck, but don't seem real connected to that one. One of my favorites was the Messages from the Angels. The enchanted map oracle deck sounds interesting !

Dream Angel xx

angelwhispers
06-11-2011, 06:45 PM
i've only had the map cards a few days so i'm still learning about them but the pictures are beautiful and you can use reversals with this deck too.

Adrienne
06-11-2011, 06:50 PM
thank you, I will have to see if I can find this enchanted map deck :smile:

Trieah
06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
My very first deck was the Phoenix cards, used for discovering past lives. I'd bought them something like 14 years ago, but was never really able to get much out of it. I just figured I wasn't any good at deviation. Then last year, I decided to give it another try and picked up Doreen's Archangel Michael cards. I finally started getting messages and got myself hooked on oracle decks. I now have 17 oracle decks and 1 tarot. And there are still more oracle decks on my list that I want to get. But I'm really not sure I have a single favorite one out of all the ones I have so far.

Adrienne
22-01-2012, 06:18 AM
hi Triaeh,

So easy to get hooked on the oracle decks isn't it ? Wow ! 17 card decks, I have a few to go.

Just curious, since you are now getting messages with your other card decks, have you gone back to try the Phoenix/ past lives ones again ? Maybe the timing just wasn't right the first time you tried them ?

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
22-01-2012, 06:20 AM
angelwhispers ~ I recently purchased the Enchanted Oracle Map cards. I have tried them only once, beautiful cards ... just not sure on the message I got as I am not used to doing the multiple card spreads.

Dream Angel xx

angelwhispers
22-01-2012, 10:43 AM
oh this is my fav deck and the one i use for clarification on the reversed readings thread. how big a card draw did you do? try 3 then make them whatever you want. i use and then read them like a story on your question. situation ... fueling situation... what will come.

Adrienne
25-01-2012, 06:43 AM
thanks much angelwhispers ! I will have to find your thread on this deck and read thru it .I had glanced at the thread before but now that I have the actual deck the posts and descriptions of the cards will probably make more sense to me.

Dream Angel xx

Madeine
28-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Healing With The Angels. My first, and so far my favorite oracle deck.

Adrienne
28-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Very nice choice Madeine :smile: and welcome to the forum !

Trieah
29-01-2012, 02:38 AM
hi Triaeh,

So easy to get hooked on the oracle decks isn't it ? Wow ! 17 card decks, I have a few to go.

Just curious, since you are now getting messages with your other card decks, have you gone back to try the Phoenix/ past lives ones again ? Maybe the timing just wasn't right the first time you tried them ?

Dream Angel xx

Actually I have gone back to the Phoenix deck a few times. I was even starting to get visions off of them too. But I don't really get to used them all that much.

I did wind up nabbing a few more decks recently. I got Amy Zerner & Monte Farber's "Little Reminders: Love and Relationships" deck. And Doreen's latest deck that came out earlier this month. "The Romance Angels".

The "Little Reminders: Love and Relationships" deck is really interesting. The deck is divided into three color groups, which you pick one card from each group, and read the three different segments on each card in order. The top segment of the cards tells you the theme, like this: card 1) The Judge, card 2) Respects, card 3) The Past.

Then you read the second segment across all three cards, which gives you a paragraph from the theme of each card. And lastly, you read the last segment of each card, and it tells you a poem based on the aspects of what that card signifies. This is really such a fun deck to use, and you don't even really need any intuition to read them, and nor do you have to keep looking stuff up in a little booklet. There are 12 different cards in each of the three categories, so there's quite a few combinations you can come up with. And I've actually found them to be quite accurate.

Adrienne
29-01-2012, 02:54 AM
hi Trieah, thanks for your reply on the Phoenix deck.

Just when one thinks they don't need another deck, new ones come out ! :D

Both the Little Reminders deck and the Romance Angels sound like ones I need to check out. I wonder if my coupon to the bookstore is still good ?

Thanks !
Dream Angel xx

marganda
29-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi dream angel,

It chose me because Im a visual person and this deck that I first got is doreens messages from your angels. The medium in the shop asked me to ask specific question to 4 angel oracle decks and get the deck that answers my question most. So i got doreens but Im not fond of its drawing BUT it had touch many peoples life and made them even cry about how accurate it is. Its the most very over used card I have. The second one was gaia. I thought gaia deals with fairy and elemental beings but it just focused on the universe. I did not bought it because of my fear that it has fairy and elves etc. I dont want to really work with this being for months i couldnt sleep i would dream of the gaian dove. I know that deck wanted to have me until I gave up and bought one. Its not the current one i use and i work it with angel card and its very accurate. Even I is amazed. :)

I havent found any card that captures me xxm

Adrienne
29-01-2012, 09:28 AM
hi Marganda,

Interesting way to have a deck choose you , I like that idea about asking the decks questions. Nice suggestion by the medium. Always nice to work with a deck that is amazing !

Dream Angel xx