PDA

View Full Version : searching for something .....

Adrienne
03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I am searching for something.... not exactly sure what ?

so if I am not sure what I am searching for, how will I know when I have found it ?

Dream Angel xx

Lunarvilly
03-01-2014, 01:32 PM
You will know in your heart :)

A human Being
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
You'll stop searching.

I appreciate that's rather an obtuse answer! I know what you mean, I feel we're all searching for something, even if we're not conscious that we are; and the weird thing is, that what we're looking for is what we are. We're a dog chasing its own tail, not realising that it's already in possession of it. But you can't have it, because you are it. It's just harder to see, because we make ourselves into an object.

katyking
03-01-2014, 03:25 PM

so if I am not sure what I am searching for, how will I know when I have found it ?

Dream Angel xx

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
:hug3:

Watch and see where as you continue to explore those possibilities and opportunities that Spirit leads you to and as you discover the right ones for you; then everything just falls into place.
Because it was always meant to be.
Seeking is all a part of the journey when we travel in Spirit.
:smile:

Adrienne
03-01-2014, 04:48 PM
thank you katyking, makes sense :smile:

Adrienne
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
You will know in your heart :) thank you Lunarvilly :smile:

Adrienne
03-01-2014, 04:57 PM
You'll stop searching.

good answer ! :D

Nada
03-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Ha!
Join the club. You, me, and 6billion people...

silent whisper
03-01-2014, 09:40 PM
You will lose it again...but you wont seek to find it because you will know its not really lost ...:)

Adrienne
03-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Ha!
Join the club. You, me, and 6billion people...

at least I know I'm not alone ! :tongue:

12meadows
04-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Dream Angel you are soo not alone! I have been reading up on mindfulness. I figure that we will definitely know it when we see it, and learning to look at now and not trying so hard to see ahead is probably good. The whole " it's the journey not the destination" bit. :)

muileag
04-01-2014, 01:44 AM
I've been feeling something similar. I'm not sure if I'm seeking for something as much as staying open and alert enough to recognize what does "pop up." But I have been experiencing this feeling of...hmmm, maybe anticipation? I'm not sure what to call it :smile:

Moonglow
04-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Hello,

There are times in which it is not so much a seeking as it it a curiosity.

Something catches my attention, but may not not fully know and/or ready to understand what it is.

Find through time and being open, more and more gets revealed and the curiosity then turns into an aha or an encouragement to move on.

I don't feel it is unusual and a part of being this human being we are.

The mind wants to know, at times and the heart or spirit let it arise on its own.

At times for me it is listening to my intuition and trusting that the answer will come in its due time or if I open myself to it. Sometimes it is right here and it takes opening myself and being willing to give notice to it.

Can be a reminder for me, at times, in trust and patience.

Can only speak for myself here.

Adrienne
04-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Muileag, maybe there is something in the air ?

Adrienne
04-01-2014, 02:08 AM
At times for me it is listening to my intuition and trusting that the answer will come in its due time or if I open myself to it. Sometimes it is right here and it takes opening myself and being willing to give notice to it.

Can be a reminder for me, at times, in trust and patience.

Hello Moonglow,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to the above, including the reminders for trust and patience..... Divine timing comes to mind.

Adrienne
04-01-2014, 02:12 AM
Dream Angel you are soo not alone! I have been reading up on mindfulness. I figure that we will definitely know it when we see it, and learning to look at now and not trying so hard to see ahead is probably good. The whole " it's the journey not the destination" bit. :)

12meadows, there was a book by Wayne Dyer " You'll see it when you believe it " .... never read it but sounds like it might be similar to what you are talking about. I have that book, maybe I should read it ? :smile:

Nada
04-01-2014, 02:18 AM

It is called 'New Year Syndrome'. :D

muileag
04-01-2014, 02:42 AM

That's the feeling :wink:
We shall find out eventually!

muileag
04-01-2014, 02:43 AM
It is called 'New Year Syndrome'. :D

LOL.... :D

12meadows
04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Dream angel, I'll have to look that book up. Maybe it is time for you to read it. :)

Adrienne
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
12 meadows, it is interesting that the person who recommended that author to me was a few years before I joined this forum... he was talking about so many of these things here on the forum that I had no clue about, now it is all making sense. :smile: well not all ...... there are still a few areas that leave me wondering, lol. :D

lemex
05-01-2014, 04:09 PM

Dream Angel xx
Have you ever tried putting it into words, but found you can't. I find it ok, just to say it. We believe and say we will know it when it happens which I agree with, it also tells me, we know...........

It's about connecting the dots if I can use the analogy. When a person finds their revelation so much of what was disjointed comes into focus, and things that could not be understood suddenly make sense. The mind has so many barriers (to its' consciousness). All ideas though tie together.

I think it is true, when it happens you will know it. If wrong once you find it let me know because you'll probably end up saying and knowing, it was already there.

kris
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM

Dream Angel xx
Instead of asking yourself what you are searching, it might be worthwhile asking yourself why you are searching?

Mr Interesting
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I've always found there are hint's of what's coming next all around us, which doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen, but it's sort of by way of noticing that what is possible will then become possibility.

But then that's also stuff that is about stuff and kinda matters but also doesn't really matter at all and the idea that stuff's just stuff gives us the time and the inclination to develop that space around stuff that seems to be where we're all going.

I watched a short Vid this morning about this guy who's my age and was doin' the same stuff I was doing when I was 17... skateboarding, but he didn't stop!

Now he's a hero and it suits him. He's still doin' tricks and makin' the young girls smile and he's an exciting dude.

Meanwhile I'm just kinda realising that being a gardener is where I'm goin', that that quietness around bein' with plants and nature will a nice contemplative way to get to the end. No more fanfares and the glories of tricks pulled off that defy the gravity of human endevour... just fading away into the background noise.

We're both searching but I'm much less inclined to find anything than he might be. I kinda think too that I've been looking for patience... that when I find patience and go from looking to waiting... whatever I'd been searching for might just get around to finding me.

(and the server is busy so only patience will allow this to be posted)

Belle
06-01-2014, 07:22 PM

Dream Angel xx

Perhaps you have found it, it is just waiting to be recognised. And you will see it and recognise it at the right time.

I'm inclined to think that you are aware of looking for something as it is already with you and calling to you.

Sarian
07-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Reminds me of this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY75dw64sqI

Adrienne
07-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Instead of asking yourself what you are searching, it might be worthwhile asking yourself why you are searching?

this is an easy one kris, I am searching because something is missing .....

Adrienne
07-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Nice song choice Sarian

Adrienne
07-01-2014, 02:05 AM
yes lemex, there are a lot of things I can't put into words I will admit it.

I think it is true, when it happens you will know it. If wrong once you find it let me know because you'll probably end up saying and knowing, it was already there. I will let you know if need be ......

Adrienne
07-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Thanks Belle and Mr.Interesting for sharing your thoughts ~

kris
07-01-2014, 03:24 PM
this is an easy one kris, I am searching because something is missing .....Just the answer I expected. Here is my take on what you might be missing. In general, I think, our lives are propelled forward by desire and curiosity. Most of us go with gusto chasing our desires till fatigue takes over. Unlike desire, curiosity does not appear to result in gusto except for may be a few. It keeps gnawing at us from within and seems to like to play hide and seek with us. This is where I start guessing.

I think most of us are curious about our connection to the life and the world around us. We wonder how and where we fit into larger scheme of things. We wonder about what is going to come next and who decides what it will be. Well your guesses are good as mine or even better.

Adrienne
09-01-2014, 04:41 AM
good guess, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this kris ~