View Full Version : How to not be sad?

01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I feel sad sometimes. I'm not sad about anything particular, I'm just sad, empty, lost, like life is a dream. I think I don't know who am I sometimes. I don't know am I a good or bad person. I act kindly, gentle with people but at the same time I "judge" them in my thoughts.
It is very difficult to describe it.
How to make it stop?

01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
And also, I wanted to ask you is it a good idea if I try to be sad only at certain time? For instance, only at saturday evenings for 15 minute. I mean, if I let it all go out I will feel better?

01-01-2014, 06:07 PM
And also, I wanted to ask you is it a good idea if I try to be sad only at certain time? For instance, only at saturday evenings for 15 minute. I mean, if I let it all go out I will feel better?

You just need to try and change the way u think and its not always an easy thing to do and it wont work over night but positive affirmations are fantastic way to start , u must tell urself 100s of times a day ur happy, worthy, loved etc
Its no good saying nice things to people but not feeling it underneath , once u start thinkin positive about urself and other people u will feel much happier in general
Nobody is happy 24/7 , we all have our bad days but just accept it as that ... a bad day
You are not bad ur just human , we all think n feel this way at time :smile:

Rah nam
01-01-2014, 06:13 PM
To have a strong, almost constant connection to your higher self or divine self will resolve this.

01-01-2014, 06:23 PM
In my experience, the most "spiritually developed" (for lack of a better term) individuals have come to accept the breadth of their emotional experience rather than try to rid an aspect of their emotional experience. Sadness is not a mistake or something to run away from. Sadness is an important communicator that is trying to tell you something. Emotion is a form of communication whether it is what we label positive or negative. Approach your sadness with curiosity. Can you know happiness if you've never known sadness? In my experience, the more we can accept "what is" the more room we make for change. It's that paradox that is the most frustrating, yet the most rewarding. Fighting sadness is like wanting to lose a couple pounds but never changing your diet or exercise routine; you'll never "get there." Worse yet, fighting sadness is like dieting in unhealthy ways that actually cause more harm to your body than before the diet. Fighting "what is" means staying in the same place or getting worse. Of course, this is all from my experience and the experience of individuals I trust. So, to paraphrase I will say that emotions are not a mistake. "Ridding" oneself of an emotion is depriving the soul of experiences it came here to have. Spirituality is not about being happy all the time, I truly think that is one of the biggest misconceptions about spiritual development. I think that is why so many people feel disappointed and like failures when they aren't "happy" all the time. To me, spirituality is about how one learns to "read" what their mind/body/spirit is telling them without catastrophizing it; self-awareness is the true key to spiritual growth. Even depression, in its simplest form, is your being communicating to you that something is causing you dis-ease. It may not be fun or enjoyable, and it may take the help of others you trust or a professional, but that does not mean that it's something to wrap a horrible story around. Depression is hard enough on its own. If you do feel depressed and you think it may be what we call "clinical depression" or Major Depressive Disorder, it may benefit you to seek help in whatever way is the most comfortable to you. We often grow and heal in connection with others, so reaching out to trusted and supportive people is usually not a bad thing. I hope this helps. :)

Mr Interesting
01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I remember hearing that compassion is equal amounts of joy and sadness.

Sadness that people have to go through whatever they have to go through and joy that they do so...

The emptiness reflects back our fears... until they are gone then it is full to brimming with absolute bliss.

The journey between is called life.