PDA

View Full Version : Pride.....is.....hurt

silent whisper
31-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Pride is an interesting word.

Often we speak about hurt pride, or take pride in something. Without going to much into the detailed wiki explanation, I thought I would rather speak here about pride and how it feels to me.

When I take pride in something, it usually means that I develop a deep feeling of satisfaction over doing something that often reflects my passion, my interest, my love for something in some way.

I take pride in many things in this way. Some are personal, some are more one with me in the larger spaces I may visit or reside.

When my pride has been hurt in the past, I have felt an enormous blow into that deep space within me, so the pain of feeling that hurt can often reflect upon all that I am within me and take pride in.

For some reason lately I have noticed that pride seems to link closely to our own personal *greatness*. Our own deepest level of self worth. Where we feel a sense of belonging and connected deeply. So in our own personal greatness, we take pride in who we are, what we have to share and be in this world. That deep sense of belonging and self worth are what open the gateway to owning your own greatness.

When the blows of hurt pride wander into the space, the depth of pain can measure up against our own depth of greatness. Our pride feels this blow to not only our own greatness that we each are within, but our own deeper levels of self worth, passion for life and the things we love. It can hit hard at many layers of who we know ourselves to be.

When pride is hurt, it is hurt to feel and allow your own greatness to shine beyond that space.

You are great, I am great, in the greater as one.

Let your hurt lead your pride to shine your greatness.

Mr Interesting
31-12-2013, 02:57 AM
It's not an againstness, this post, or maybe it is but I'm not proud at all... I used to be and I suppose it was what I used to hold myself up, the prop for an elevated self worth above what it really was but it created falls, as in pride cometh before a fall... and so it did.

But then I would look back and see why I might have needed pride and it was the measure of inspiration I gained to attempt something which became something and of that I was proud... and eventually the less proud I felt and more in awe of the inspiring the more inspiring came through and the less need their was of pride. Humility isn't a feeling of unworthiness but possibly having enough awe to blind us momentarily as we attempt the impossible.

silent whisper
31-12-2013, 03:31 AM
A humble heart learns through pride..

I like what your sharing Mr I.

grannymary
31-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Pride is an interesting word.

Often we speak about hurt pride, or take pride in something. Without going to much into the detailed wiki explanation, I thought I would rather speak here about pride and how it feels to me.

When I take pride in something, it usually means that I develop a deep feeling of satisfaction over doing something that often reflects my passion, my interest, my love for something in some way.

I take pride in many things in this way. Some are personal, some are more one with me in the larger spaces I may visit or reside.

When my pride has been hurt in the past, I have felt an enormous blow into that deep space within me, so the pain of feeling that hurt can often reflect upon all that I am within me and take pride in.

For some reason lately I have noticed that pride seems to link closely to our own personal *greatness*. Our own deepest level of self worth. Where we feel a sense of belonging and connected deeply. So in our own personal greatness, we take pride in who we are, what we have to share and be in this world. That deep sense of belonging and self worth are what open the gateway to owning your own greatness.

When the blows of hurt pride wander into the space, the depth of pain can measure up against our own depth of greatness. Our pride feels this blow to not only our own greatness that we each are within, but our own deeper levels of self worth, passion for life and the things we love. It can hit hard at many layers of who we know ourselves to be.

When pride is hurt, it is hurt to feel and allow your own greatness to shine beyond that space.

You are great, I am great, in the greater as one.

Let your hurt lead your pride to shine your greatness.

Pride is a vehicle and arrival prompts us to get out it. And step into the great one.

Jebbie
31-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I really got something out of reading your take on pride. This made me think of the times I allowed myself to feel hurt, when I believed someone had hurt my pride.