PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to celebrate Winter Solstice?

Raven Poet
27-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Hi there. I was wondering, how did my friends here celebrate the Winter Solstice? Sweatlodge? Prayer ties? Feast or fast?

I have yet to celebrate - I will pass Tobacco to my husband, ask him to build me a beautiful fire, then I will make up my Prayer ties of gratitude and humble supplication to Great Spirit for guidance and strength and peace for 2014 - probably will do that tomorrow night.

I wish you all a Happy Solstice - the days are officially getting longer! (ha ha)
And I wish you all much happiness, health, and whatever else the Ancestors deem best for our spirits, in the new year.

Aho! k.b.t.j.

Makoiyi
27-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Normally here we celebrate Ancestors day with a fast, sweat n then feast for the ancestors. At the feast everyone brings some food and a gift for someone and offerings and prayer ties are left. Its to celebrate and honor the Ancestors past, present and future.

This year I wasn't well enough to do much so it was just a small feast and left prayer ties and offerings.
All the best for the year ahead.

Makoiyi

Raven Poet
27-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Aw - I hope you feel better soon. But you still celebrated - right on!

Thanks for sharing! Take care, and I hope the new year brings happy and healthy gifts for you!

Mayflow
28-12-2013, 12:15 AM
I apparently got drunk. I would say I am ok now, but I think I may have been better then.

Raven Poet
28-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Hey there, Mayflow. Oh you make me laff! It must've been a good one if you aren't sure if you did or not. Were you at a party, or with family, or with your own musings while you indulged?

Mayflow
28-12-2013, 11:26 AM
With my own musings. I Always have a good time with those guys!

Makoiyi
28-12-2013, 01:24 PM
lol! Own musings r always good. Thanks Raven.

Makoiyi