PDA

View Full Version : I am having many bouts of nostalgia

Selenphina
26-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi all... not sure what it might mean or if it's some part of my spiritual development, but I have been having many episodes of somewhat intense nostalgia. I will think of things I haven't in many many years. Or not since the day they occured.. I'll remember days of catching bugs as a child and many other things, mostly just everyday stuff but the feelings I have are like I'm almost reliving it. These are especially vivid and it has been happening a LOT. I'm not sure what to make of why these memories are comming so fast right now. It reminds me a little like what people say a life review is like, but just not all at once. It has been comming in only short glimpses of the past, but much greater frequency than is typical for me. Any ideas?

IsleWalker
27-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Selenphina--

This is only what turned out in my experience, but I have found that those "random" memories that have stuck and come back strongly do have some spiritual experience tied to them.

I always wondered why I remembered some time when I was still in a crib, waking in the afternoon sun, hearing adults downstairs, and raising my arms up into the sky.

As time went on, I began to feel/remember that I was reaching up to someone. In my 50s I realized that my paternal grandfather had been working with me on issues relating to my family. He had died before I was born. There is a long story as to how I verified (to my own satisfaction) that he indeed was the person I was working with. And then I began to realize that he was who I reached up to in the crib.

In third grade the teacher read a book called A Light in the Forest to us. I was captivated by the cover, show a boy running through the forest, with the light streaming through the trees.

I had a vivid, strongly warm and happy memory of closing my eyes while running through this forest. It was my first experience of what I call "heart pulls" where there is this happiness and a sense of longing with it. That experience in the trees was with my guide, whom I didn't "see" for another 40 years.

So, yes, for me, there is something unique about why that particular memory sticks with us when others don't. Once you rule out those associated with emotional times in your life, then I think there is a possibility that there was something else going on at the time that our memories have blocked out. With time, we can regain the memory or the sense of what it was.

So, I would take your memories as a kind of awakening. With time you will find answers. I personally know that these are not random memories.

Lora

Selenphina
27-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for the reply. It makes a lot of sense and it is very helpful for me.

A human Being
27-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I agree that these memories won't be random - there will be a reason they're arising. In my opinion, what's most important is the feeling that accompanies the memory, so breathe and focus on the feeling.

27-12-2013, 11:59 AM
This is happening to me this whole past week. my whole life ive been able to remember my dreams and my early childhood, but have had trouble remembering things over the past few years during my awakening. now all of a sudden all these repressed memories are coming out of nowhere. little things like songs I had forgotten about keep triggering them and I just start crying... even when im in public. I cant control it. I don't know what is happening. its almost like ive been asleep for the past couple years even though I was waking up. it doesn't feel real but it is.

CNWms
27-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I think you are having feelings or homesickness. I've read the Jeshua channelings (free online) and it talks about us feeling homesick or nostalgia and not knowing why. It is us yearning to be one with the Source again. This may not be so for you, but then again maybe it is.

A human Being
28-12-2013, 11:09 PM
This is happening to me this whole past week. my whole life ive been able to remember my dreams and my early childhood, but have had trouble remembering things over the past few years during my awakening. now all of a sudden all these repressed memories are coming out of nowhere. little things like songs I had forgotten about keep triggering them and I just start crying... even when im in public. I cant control it. I don't know what is happening. its almost like ive been asleep for the past couple years even though I was waking up. it doesn't feel real but it is.
It won't feel too good at times, but I think it's a good thing to have these repressed feelings surface, it's cathartic. I find it useful to observe my physical state when strong feelings arise, and it's interesting to observe how the feelings affect my breathing, create tension in my body, and provoke certain thought patterns. My inner knowing knows that there's nothing to fear from these emotions, because I've experienced them before and seen that the unconscious fear I harboured was groundless.