PDA

View Full Version : Should I be scared?

Black_Diamond
26-12-2013, 10:46 PM
The other night, I had gone to sleep with the light on and my back was to the bedroom door. (I sleep with the light on when I'm in the bedroom by myself.) I heard some banging and I opened my eyes trying to figure out what the noise was, only to realize that it was the heater turning on. So I close my eyes again and I'm listening to see if by chance my dad or my boyfriend were in the house. And I felt as if someone was coming down the hall and walk into my bedroom and stand behind me. He felt like a very tall man and that he was looking down on me like if he wanted to scold me for something. I was frightened so I opened my eyes and my body was trembling a little bit, but I managed to turn around and no one was there. I just turned back around and fell asleep.

I told my dad the next day what happened. And he recalled that my grandmother used to see a very tall man in the house before she passed away. Part of me wants to be scared and the other part is very curious. What do you all think?

Kaere
26-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Can you not be both scared and curious at the same time? If you're curious enough to find out about it all, then I bet you'll stop feeling scared pretty quick.

Spirit Seeker
28-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't be worried. If your Grandmother saw this spirit and nothing happened that would have scared her, you should be fine.

It could be a residual haunting where the spirit does the same activity over and over again, completely unaware of the living people that are present. Scary at first I'm sure, but completely harmless.

If you think its an intelligent spirit that is moving about, just tell it you want to be left alone when you are trying to go to sleep. Invoke the name of God/Jesus or any other deity you feel comfortable with to give you strength behind your request. Just say it with respect and kindness and that should work.

Don't use anger and don't be afraid. I know easier said than done, but you can do it! :hug3:

Indigo_Leader
30-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I agree with spirit seeker. Leave them to wonder.

wstein
31-12-2013, 03:01 AM
I see no need to be scared as no harm has come to you. However, its not that easy to stay calm when something wakes yo up at night (so don't worry about reacting scared).

If you can gather yourself, next time ask out loud who is there.

adamm[]
31-12-2013, 06:03 AM
the realm of the supernatural is very intense, you were prolly just having a sideeffect of an overdose of emotions, the more you get used to it, the less frightening it will be.

pgrundy
01-01-2014, 12:07 AM
If your grandmother had similar experiences it could be an ancestor or a spirit there to help and/or learn from your family.

I agree, it does no harm to ask who it is. You just might get an answer.

First though, I guess it would help if you could lose your fear. Over time I think you will.

Maynah
03-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Shadow person perhaps? There are quite a few stories about them online. Usually a male spirit, tall, that stands by your bed and seems to be just watching you. I experienced this at my old place. I then felt it jump over my bed and it was gone. Knowledge and experience eliminates fear.