PDA

View Full Version : higher self, spirit and ego

Stevo
17-12-2013, 11:07 PM
You (the you that you think of as yourself normally (spirit + body + ego))
have a higher self / oversoul that can see all you lifetimes like they are happening at the same moment, as it exists beyond physicality.

This is who we really are; the Higher self.
(It's not seperate from you, it's just called your higher self because its the part of you that has the best view)

The higher self is like the centre of a web with all the strands being different times and lives, well technicaly speaking then you would be the entire web not just the center.

The Higher self is where intuition comes from as it sees around the corners that your ego can't
(I'm being told I'm preaching right now, but I'm just sharing my opinion for the sake of learning.)

Is this who you think you are; the Higher Self? Or do you think you are just one spirit/soul?

silent whisper
18-12-2013, 02:56 AM
have a higher self / oversoul that can see all you lifetimes like they are happening at the same moment, as it exists beyond physicality.

(It's not seperate from you, it's just called your higher self because its the part of you that has the best view)

The higher self is like the centre of a web with all the strands being different times and lives, well technicaly speaking then you would be the entire web not just the center.

The Higher self is where intuition comes from as it sees around the corners that your ego can't
(I'm being told I'm preaching right now, but I'm just sharing my opinion for the sake of learning.)

Is this who you think you are; the Higher Self? Or do you think you are just one spirit/soul?

I am just me really...what I express through me is all one in me to be and express.

So what voice in your head said you were preaching...I found that interesting..:wink:

Rah nam
18-12-2013, 05:49 AM

First I would say, to me it is: Body/Mind/Spirit Complex and Body/Mind Complex equals Ego.
And I am Spirit.

The higher self can be different thing in thing in different situations.
But this would take to long to explain.
If one comes or is part of an oversoul then your scenario is quite valid. But for me, I never was part of an oversoul. We came down from a higher level of vibration to be of service. I would call my soul the higher self. Until such time we move back up where we came from.
Sure ultimately we are the higher self. For me, I identify as Rah nam, this is who I was before I cam into this life, and will be when I leave her.
Rah is part of a much larger consciousness unit, and I know him as Whan tar. I met him once, and say, I don't identify as being Whan tar, but always as Rah nam. But you will notice that I refer to my Self in the We form. I understand our consciousness unit with one that has many parts but still One.

God-Like
18-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Within mind there is only what you are (The self) .

It matters not if the self is wearing flared Jeans, a boob tube or nothing at all, It matters not if one has physical form or etheric form, for there is only self or what you are present .

It matters not if one thinks themselves to be a stud muffin or a humble devotee, for there is only self .

It matters not if one is aware of oneness or separation for there is only self .

x daz x

A human Being
18-12-2013, 10:26 AM

It matters not if the self is wearing flared Jeans, a boob tube or nothing at all, It matters not if one has physical form or etheric form, for there is only self or what you are present .

It matters not if one thinks themselves to be a stud muffin or a humble devotee, for there is only self .

It matters not if one is aware of oneness or separation for there is only self .

x daz x
I suppose in the grand scheme of things, you're right - ultimately, it doesn't matter what you take yourself to be, you always are what you are. But on a personal level it does matter to me, because I'm working on the assumption that to know your true nature is to be free of suffering.

God-Like
18-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I suppose in the grand scheme of things, you're right - ultimately, it doesn't matter what you take yourself to be, you always are what you are. But on a personal level it does matter to me, because I'm working on the assumption that to know your true nature is to be free of suffering.

Hi H.B.

I started a thread ages ago about 'what matters' ... and in your reply you mentioned on a personal level it does matter to you, and as far as that goes I agree that something only matters on a so called personal level .

Beyond sufferings is what you are . Within sufferings is what you are .

Beyond suffering is what you are that is no-one that could suffer .

Its only within the mind of the sufferer that feels that their true nature is somewhere else other than where they are at .

I would say there is just what you are that is beyond comparison and beyond self etc .. so anything that one relates to their true nature beyond their own sufferings will evaluate their being a true nature from a point of suffering even though that point is pointing elsewhere .

Its like saying I am 'no-one' from a point of being someone lol .

You cannot be someone from a point of being no-one .. teehee

x daz x

silent whisper
18-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Looking good Daz...:wink:

you stud you...:wink:

x daz x

I self reflected on your share as you can see...:binkybaby:

A human Being
18-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi H.B.

I started a thread ages ago about 'what matters' ... and in your reply you mentioned on a personal level it does matter to you, and as far as that goes I agree that something only matters on a so called personal level .

Beyond sufferings is what you are . Within sufferings is what you are .

Beyond suffering is what you are that is no-one that could suffer .

Its only within the mind of the sufferer that feels that their true nature is somewhere else other than where they are at .

I would say there is just what you are that is beyond comparison and beyond self etc .. so anything that one relates to their true nature beyond their own sufferings will evaluate their being a true nature from a point of suffering even though that point is pointing elsewhere .

Its like saying I am 'no-one' from a point of being someone lol .

You cannot be someone from a point of being no-one .. teehee

x daz x
I guess that's just the thing - when you realise your true nature, the personal dissolves.

Pardon my French, but this spirituality lark seems like a royal head-f@!k!

God-Like
18-12-2013, 12:04 PM
I self reflected on your share as you can see...:binkybaby:

lol .. (cheeky) although accurate as always in your self reflection :smile:

x daz x

God-Like
18-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I guess that's just the thing - when you realise your true nature, the personal dissolves.

Pardon my French, but this spirituality lark seems like a royal head-f@!k!

Its like a game of ping pong, suffering, no suffering, self and no self ...

The ball exists only within mind in relation to a self that can play ball . The ball is not returned via another player from the so called beyond or the other side of self .. its more like playing ping pong up against a wall and there is only 'one' playing with their own balls or playing with one's self (excuse the puns) .

There is no self nor no ball beyond self or beyond mindful suffering .. So in essence the ball always remains in one's court in more ways than one .. as no ball exists beyond . .

I agree the personal aspect dissolves, but so does one's ideas that there true nature exists beyond and there is a self that can be true ..

Where there is a ball that can exist there is also an understanding of what is and what isn't that can exist .

Only within mind can one attribute meaning to anything or truth to anything and as to whether any of it matters .

It can seem like a head-folk at times ..

Just as somethings seem to matter to some, somethings will make sense also .

x daz x

A human Being
18-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Its like a game of ping pong, suffering, no suffering, self and no self ...

The ball exists only within mind in relation to a self that can play ball . The ball is not returned via another player from the so called beyond or the other side of self .. its more like playing ping pong up against a wall and there is only 'one' playing with their own balls or playing with one's self (excuse the puns) .

There is no self nor no ball beyond self or beyond mindful suffering .. So in essence the ball always remains in one's court in more ways than one .. as no ball exists beyond . .

I agree the personal aspect dissolves, but so does one's ideas that there true nature exists beyond and there is a self that can be true ..

Where there is a ball that can exist there is also an understanding of what is and what isn't that can exist .

Only within mind can one attribute meaning to anything or truth to anything and as to whether any of it matters .

It can seem like a head-folk at times ..

Just as somethings seem to matter to some, somethings will make sense also .

x daz x
Good analogy!

So maybe it's more accurate to say that all ideas dissolve, and what you're left with is what's real? And what's real is nameless, once you try to articulate it in language you've lost it?

God-Like
18-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Good analogy!

So maybe it's more accurate to say that all ideas dissolve, and what you're left with is what's real? And what's real is nameless, once you try to articulate it in language you've lost it?

Yes all ideas and notions dissolve along with a self that can entertain them .

Some like to say and suggest that what is beyond is true or real in absolutes ... but all these evaluations are made from within mind and not from beyond ..

So making sense of it and trying to articulate all of it like you say within language and within thought doesn't really reflect whats beyond because how can one reflect upon the non reflective .

I do contemplate from time to time the absolute merry-go-round that occurs when trying to explain the unexplainable but in some respect the journey of such wranglings can eventually bring about peace of mind where you can reach a point of understanding that none of it really makes sense other than the sense you make of it .

Its like spending eternity piecing together a jigsaw of the universe to then stand back and see that there isn't anything there .. but while you are piecing together each piece you see an image that holds some meaning on each of the segments .

Thanks for the chat H.B .

x daz x

Gem
18-12-2013, 02:22 PM
These are ideas... L0Lz

Stevo
18-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I am just me really...what I express through me is all one in me to be and express.

So what voice in your head said you were preaching...I found that interesting..:wink:

Haha, it was actually a real voice... my partner.

Boson
18-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi Stevo,

I will try to answer your direct question "Is this who you think you are; the Higher Self". From my own belief system, I think we all have a Higher Self. In the way we measure time here in the physical realm, the Higher Self is actually yourself in the future. But from the vantage point of Higher Self, it has complete understanding of the accumulation of experiences from all your lifetimes including your current one here on Earth because they occur simultaneously.

Boson

Mr Interesting
18-12-2013, 07:35 PM
What I reckon, and these are only ideas I've had around meditation and rising up and then lowering back down through the levels, is that at one end we have our normal every day ego attached self and at the other end we have the higher self which is indistiguishable from onesness, stillness, silence and all that other grooviness. The inbetween-ness I think is where messages and stuff comes from and they are a result of parts of us feeling and putting into words what are most probably echoes off our highest self.

So the higher self, the oneness, stillness etc sends out no signals and imparts no knowledge as transformed into language but that we use what could almost be called sonar to send ideas as questions at it and the return vibration is our answer which is a reflection in words or feelings or visions or whatever of the stillness.