PDA

View Full Version : Do you think crystals work?

Lovely
10-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Do you think they can work? I 'm not too sure because I don't see
the logic in a rock affecting your health, weight, love life , etc.
Btw I saw this crystal set online for your chakras. There was 7 of them.
That set cost 500 dollars! Do you believe in them enough to spend 500
dollars on only 7 of them? That's crazy to me lol.
Anyways if you believe in them, why?
If you don't than why?

Please share stories/experiences if you want :D

Spiritlite
10-11-2010, 03:06 AM
No there are a lot of rip offs in regards to crystals, five hundred dollars is a rip off, you can buy 2 dollar tumbled crystals seven of them for your chakras which would equal to about 14-20 dollars.
I do belive they work mainly mentally they work for me.
Spiritlite.

Kaere
10-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Yes, I think they work but not in the way some people do. I believe they act as amplifiers for our own energy lines, not that the energy comes from them. I also believe it's a lot to do with our intent and what we think is going to work. $500 for a crystal set - nope, silliness imo. Unless you happen to really enjoy those crystals - then if you're willing to pay, I guess it's just fine.

mikron
10-11-2010, 04:06 AM
I wonder what the percentage of Light workers can remember there past lives in Atlantis that worked with crystals and create greater than 60% virtue ..... there has to be some of them here on spiritual forum!

Namaste mikron

AnnoyingPony
10-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Even though I am an avid rock collector, I do not think crystals possess any metaphysical properties. It is ridiculous and completely unproven.

Spiritlite
10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
AP always the skeptic ;) I like that
Spiritlite.

GSX-R girl
10-11-2010, 07:03 AM
I voted yes :smile:

I think crystals work in lots of ways:

simply wearing and looking at pretty crystals can make you feel good

crystals when placed in healing grids can help with past-life ascensions and

other healing therapies .

Also the stones used to make Stonehenge and the Pyramids have high

Quartz concentrations - so the ancient civilizations knew their importance

If you have £500 to spend on a chakra set why not ? :D

mikron
10-11-2010, 07:09 AM
greetings No need to vent about 500.00 price rather there has to be a crystal show in everyone's area once a year to go and see touch and feel the real thing up close and personal be well and shine on!

namaste mikron

Moon Willow
10-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes - that's all I have to say about that!:D

Sungirl
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm short on time so I'll reply to the OP only.

Firstly, no I wouldn't spend that kind of money on those crystals simply because I know how they work. I know there is no need to spend that kind of money. Adverts like those are for people that are gullible and think that spending a pile of cash is the only way to find success.

Most of my stones cost £1-£5! And they are equally as affective!

So I say I know how they work... here's my philosophy.

Everything has an energy field, everything. Some say it's down to the electrons in the chemicals that everything is made of.

This means we have an energy field and so do crystals.

I believe that our energy field is affected by our thoughts, our feelings, what we eat, what we do, where we are and a heap of things outside us. This is what makes us ill and unhappy.

Stones have a crystaline structure that does not change. This means that their energy field does not change.

If you bring a fixed energy source into one that can be changed the flexible one will come into alignment with the fixed one. That's basic science.

Stones are in tune with the earth as they were formed there. We should be in tune with the earth.. this means bring crystals into our energy field we are brought back into tune with the earth.

There is MUCH MUCH more to it than that, this is just the basic science bit. I also believe in charkras being connected to our energy field, layers in our aura that are connected to different things. I believe that crystals are multidimensional beings and so bring their own wisdom.

But, if you only believe the basic science bit you will see that they work.. and you will see that any stone can help bring about healing... even if it only cost $1!!

psychoslice
10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes I think anything can work if you allow the energy to pass though them, I gave one to my mum who had cancer and she kept it close to her all the time, she did die but she lived a lot longer than the doctor gave her, she also didn't suffer pain until the very end.

God-Like
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
If you don't than why?

Hi Ya

I am surrounded by crystals - I would live In a crystal cave If I could..lol

Of course It's like anything tho..It helps to be open and to be grateful for the energy and the connection of the crystal..You look after your crystals like you would anything else that you love...

There Is more to them than meets the eye..

I had my crystals bathing In the sunlight, and I got on with my jobs, etc, when a particular crystal (smokey citrine) came to mind with a sense of urgency.. I went outside and picked It up and It was red hot..so I took it out of the sunlight to cool down.

I read In a crystal book a while later that certain crystal including the citrine can become irritable when they have had too much sun...

Was the crystal trying to communicate In some way? I think so he he

x daz x

LightFilledHeart
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
If you don't than why?

Personal experience has illustrated what I've read... that crystals and gem-stones are energy amplifiers. I believe it because I've seen them act in that role :smile:

These products (crystals, gem-stones and minerals) are available through various outlets at reasonable costs. I would never pay $500 to purchase a set of seven purported to "balance and align the chakras". I can easily find the appropriate color and quality stones to do chakra work on my own! Remember, in this as with all, it's buyer beware. There are charlatans around every corner and a sucker born every day!

Discernment is a needed and necessary tool on this earthly journey :smile:

Ladofthelight
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I believe them to amplify energy...

I have dabbled with Moldavite, and am amazed everytime it appears to "sizzle" on my skin.

Miss Hepburn
11-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Even though I am an avid rock collector, I do not think crystals possess any metaphysical properties. It is ridiculous and completely unproven.

You can always prove it to yourself.
When a person spouts their disbelief strongly and loudly without
having tested it for themselves, I'm afraid it doesn't look too well on that person.

It actually makes that person look like a stubborn, antagonistic type.

When we call something someone has experienced or believes in as "ridiculous" we have then ended all fruitful communication with an insult.
That single word has just polarized them. There is no need to proceed further.

I have surprisingly tested smokey quartz for myself and actually once a clear quartz and I was astounded to this day by the results.
There are so many stories - even from doubters that went ahead and did what some crystal enthusiast suggested and by golly it worked ----even through their doubt.
Imagine that.

But, until you experiment for yourself - you will remain a skeptic.
And no skeptic will ever change the mind of someone that has experienced it for themselves.

So I must ask , AP- what is your purpose here - to learn or make people feel their beliefs and experiences are ridiculous? Because this is not the 1st x you have taken this stance.

Thank you,
Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
If you don't than why?

As said earlier - $500 is a rip off - but living in the West there are stores all over.

I did a scientific experiment--I got really drunk...it was exactly 19 years ago ---the room was spinning, w/ my eyes open or closed, but worse closed.
I was told smokey quartz is grounding.
Well, alrighty then...I had a 4 lb beauty.

I picked it up and held it close to my stomach - room stopped.
Closed my eyes - room stopped.

Put crystal back on table and room was spinning.
Closed my eyes - spinning worse!

Repeated 3 times.

End conclusion - don't ever drink so much and smoke cigarettes, too.
Ah, youth.

:smile: Miss Hepburn

LightFilledHeart
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
As said earlier - $500 is a rip off - but living in the West there are stores all over.

I did a scientific experiment--I got really drunk...it was exactly 19 years ago ---the room was spinning, w/ my eyes open or closed, but worse closed.
I was told smokey quartz is grounding.
Well, alrighty then...I had a 4 lb beauty.

I picked it up and held it close to my stomach - room stopped.
Closed my eyes - room stopped.

Put crystal back on table and room was spinning.
Closed my eyes - spinning worse!

Repeated 3 times.

End conclusion - don't ever drink so much and smoke cigarettes, too.
Ah, youth.

:smile: Miss Hepburn

Wowsa! What a ringing endorsement for the power of the appropriate crystal! :D (and a warning about the dileterious effecs of alcohol and tobacco :wink: ) Ah youth indeed! :hug2:

Apakhana Akshobhya
13-11-2010, 12:59 AM
The poll asks "do crystals work?" but doesn't state for what purpose? They are used in many applications.

I think they're just cool in general. My favorite color is blue/aquamarine so I have to collect "aqua-aura" quartz. It gets put in a vaccum and anodized with gold atoms that turn the clear crystals a blue color.

tragblack
13-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Do you think they can work?

Some stones I feel like I have gotten some results from, and others don't quite affect me the way people say they should. Quartz hardly works on me for anything-- unless the results are subtle. People say quartz is great, but I can't see why. However, fluorite always seems to have a very sobering affect on me. It also affects my dreams sometimes. Moonstone also affects my dreams.

I 'm not too sure because I don't see the logic in a rock affecting your health, weight, love life , etc.

I don't really, either, but I can't deny I have felt some change (unless it was placebo). Also, I know that there are plenty of things in life that have an effect that I don't necessarily resonate with or understand. Doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Btw I saw this crystal set online for your chakras. There was 7 of them. That set cost 500 dollars! Do you believe in them enough to spend 500 dollars on only 7 of them?

That price isn't so bad if the gems are of a particularly high quality.

Spiritlite
13-11-2010, 04:32 PM
I love this thread.
Spiritlite.

elliestar11
13-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I totally believe in the healing power of crystals! Atlanteans used them to help them resonate on the cosmic level!

Chrysaetos
13-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I think it's mostly wishful thinking, it works because you believe it works (placebo). Crystals look nice and have an almost aesthetic value.

Crystals do produce an electrical charge when compressed. However, there's no scientific proof of it having healing powers.
Of course New Age shops will tell you that they do, but sellers ain't dumb.
Here's more information about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.spiritualforums.com %2525252Fvb%2525252Fredir.php%2525253Flink%2525253 Dhttp%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fen.wikipedia .org%252525252Fwiki%252525252FPiezoelectricity)

Kapitan_Prien
13-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm finding the use of two desert roses (one for each pocket helpful) - although in a sense I do remain a bit skeptical...I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt...so neither completely yes...or completely no...

Tilia: Stones have a crystaline structure that does not change. This means that their energy field does not change.

If you bring a fixed energy source into one that can be changed the flexible one will come into alignment with the fixed one. That's basic science.

This is my understanding to a degree...

And no - I don't believe in putting forth a whole lot of money for crystals. Being an eBay nut...I tend to go there, or Google Shopping... as I am a notorious bargain hunter. :D

Evalon
15-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Hello :hug3:

Like the smilies here so much .... :hug2:

A short comment on the efficacy of stones. A couple of years ago I was very open to what was around me and when I held a stone in my hand I immediately had an impression of how this stone would affect me - body feeling, emotions, thoughts, energy field around me. I was quite impressed and also used the stones to some extent in my personal development.

I personally have no doubt that they do emit a field/affect my energy field one way or another. I guess that it would also be possible to measure the effect or at least the field from the stone using e.g. the Resonant Field Imaging system from ITEM (see e.g. http://www.item-bioenergy.com/products.html). Have any of you seen measurements of some kind of the energy fields from various crystals?

I also have good trust in the results found by Masaru Emoto (water crystal imaging) and hope that he someday make water crystal images of some of the crystals.

Warm greetings,

Jesper

Bambo
05-08-2022, 01:06 PM
Yes I believe they do,I have several different ones........

Sylmar
07-08-2022, 07:20 AM
To me they work as tuning forks work with musicians.

spiritoceanrainfall
07-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Crystals for me have no real activity on their own, but they work great as focusing lenses for my energy. Intent is far more important as in most spiritual matters, crystals can be given intent and seem to work far better being put to use this way. $500 dollars is an insane amount of money unless the crystals are huge.

RedEmbers
07-08-2022, 09:04 AM
I don't know

I've had a few which I enjoy looking at and holding, I don't usually feel any different though.

Until yesterday... I bought a piece of mahogany obsidian and felt the need to hold it close to me. For some reason I do feel very calm in its presence, loved and protected.

It's quite strange.

IndigoViolet
21-08-2022, 03:17 PM
Probably no. No it never works the way like they are intended. But I think that level of their "shine" or aura that gives a certain kind a feeling. Kinda something like a toy to play with. I would just go to those craft and diy shops to get them because shops that advertise crystals tend to be expensive.

Miss Hepburn
21-08-2022, 04:33 PM
This is some old thread 2010! But I will say...they sure do.
Remarkably! And I began as a sceptic/skeptic.
Same with Flower Essences, you gotta be kidding...
but I'm a believer NOW!

I'm still iffy on Homeopathic little pills, tho. :tongue:

FairyCrystal
21-08-2022, 06:13 PM
This is some old thread 2010! But I will say...they sure do.
Remarkably! And I began as a sceptic/skeptic.
Same with Flower Essences, you gotta be kidding...
but I'm a believer NOW!

I'm still iffy on Homeopathic little pills, tho. :tongue:
Homeopathy is unbelievable but depends on which strength you take, and that hinges on what's wrong.
I hurt my wrists a while back, friend of mine who's very well acquainted with homeopathy (did most of the education) gave me a few Ruta Graveolens granules to take. This is for acute sprains. 2 granules a day.
And she gave me a few Arnica granules, 2 a day.
Within half an hour of taking the Arnica took the pain away, and it was bad in capitals. NOrmally would've needed a painkiller that could put down a horse to take away that kind of pain.
It was a strong version as in such cases the lighter ones are pretty much useless.
The Ruta did the rest, the healing.
Took a little while but my wrists recovered. Reason it takes a while is that Ruta gives your body a boost to heal the afflicted area, then it's the body's self-healing that does the rest.
You can't take Ruta daily for a length of time, it then ruins the working. It only has to awaken the body's own ability to heal. Worked a miracle.
And my wrists were bad, esp left one. Couldn't put on socks, tie my shoe laces, pull a top/sweater over my head, towelling dry after shower etc. Grocery shopping was a pain and so on.
Such severe pain, gone within half an hour. And it didn't come back as it would with a painkiller.
I used wrist bands for a few weeks whenever doing something that could put stress on them. At some point I just forgot. I realised the other day they had simply healed.

I knew homeopathy worked, but this was truly amazing!
Again, both were very potent version. Best not to meddle on your own if you don't know what you're doing and what strength is required. It is THAT powerful!

Chrysalis
21-08-2022, 07:19 PM
Hello

I know that crystals work for me as I can feel their energy when I'm working with them. I've used them to help heal a couple of physical issues that didn't respond to other treatments. I've also used them during meditation where I noticed their energy helping me. I don't use much intention as I let the crystals do whatever they want to do as that turns out to be better than what I could direct it to do. I believe crystals "know" what we need at the time we pick them up to work with them.

I went so far as to build a power rod with a clear quartz for the tip. I've used it on myself so I felt a hot spot where I aimed it for healing. I also used it on one my cats for a few days in a row. When I worked on her, I could barely see a blue field on her which came from the rod. After a few days of that, if I loosely held the rod, it would vibrate in my hand. So copper and quartz is a powerful combination.

Some crystals flashed their colours at me to get my attention to buy them. Or sometimes they draw me straight to them to buy them.

Would I spend a ton of money for a set of seven crystals? Not a chance. Tumbled crystals are effective and you can select your own crystals. Better yet, allow the crystals to choose you.

Native spirit
21-08-2022, 08:24 PM
Crystals most def work I love crystals and i have used them in Healing

Namaste

Bambo
21-08-2022, 10:37 PM
This is some old thread 2010!Yes im glad the site is still here Miss H!!

Makes me feel bad....Could I have help my mum maybe get better??

I just dont know....... I feel aweful :frown:

Miss Hepburn
21-08-2022, 11:56 PM
FC, Ruta and arnica, eh?
I believe you! Thank you! :smile:
This is how I started with crystals and Flower Essences ---other people I trusted!
I can be a little skeptical, but I'm certainly open!!:)

Enchanted_DreamFaerie
07-10-2022, 08:26 PM
Yes, I believe they work, but it's always good to remember to cleanse them and keep them protected. I always use crystals that I feel drawn too.

thecatsmeow
10-12-2022, 10:51 PM
I was very skeptical until I visited a crystal shop with some friends and came out feeling totally blissed-out! Since then I've bought quite a few and still collecting.

Sir Neil
25-12-2022, 01:06 AM
My guess is that they probably DO work, but it depends on how much you BELIEVE that they work, and how much thought-energy you infuse that way.

thecatsmeow
29-12-2022, 05:49 PM
Absolutely everything has energy and is imbued with life. It's all created by the same divine spirit. All of nature is connected to Mother Earth and is interconnected. Trees for example are connected through their roots and communicate with one another. Have you ever seen a tree spirit? (A green man).

BigJohn
01-01-2023, 06:04 AM
"Have you ever seen a tree spirit? (A green man)."

To the left of my front door, I have a plague of the Green Man.

Interesting World.

Dude111
08-01-2023, 12:26 PM
Crystals are natural parts of earth..... Indeed rhey work,and quite well!!

seigo
24-01-2023, 04:33 AM
Yes, I think they work but not in the way some people do. I believe they act as amplifiers for our own energy lines, not that the energy comes from them. I also believe it's a lot to do with our intent and what we think is going to work. $500 for a crystal set - nope, silliness imo. Unless you happen to really enjoy those crystals - then if you're willing to pay, I guess it's just fine. Pretty much agree here lets say in the 80% realm of not really agreeing But with the 4 principals of agreements line said we should rephrase of i understand or (hear, read ) what you are saying.,. sharing
crystal wands for cleaning auras seem to extremely helpful
think wands are supposed to call to us
Feel their energy we should when we focus on them
i got an natural clear 24 fauceted 4.2 inch LARGE MALE HAND Sized
SO AND Now to the root question mountains are old humans are .,. from awakening were like oh average very young lets say 45 years on to this cycle of life crystals of quartz are million year old thingies probably from Brazil
Avoid the lab created quarts as its not imprinted with a million years earth cycles and rotations of life in solar system and naturally occurring

if were sure they wont work ., They probably wont work for us
But the Pink Quarts Silica wands inexpensive meaning like have such an smooth easy Brousant come from them if you are sensitive enough to feel it
Think magic wand of peace love and tranquility

Same reason when u buy a diamond last thing ever to do is purchase south african conflict diamonds four your loved one

utopiandreamchild
26-01-2023, 05:46 AM
It's about the energy the crystals have and tapping into that energy to boost your own internal energy.
Everything emits a frequency of energy some light and see dense, crystals are not any different.

If I thought that I needed a crystal to ground myself or for healing purposes then I definitely would purchase some however I haven't that need as I am confident in my own energetic abilities.

utopiandreamchild

Mora321
26-01-2023, 06:11 AM
I use crystals to energize my RO water. I find that every year or so I need to take them all out of the tank and check each. Usually half of them are no longer suited to my energies. So I go in search of new crystals

Sir Neil
06-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Crystals amplify human energy, but like any other type of talisman or amulet, it all depends upon the belief and mental energy you invest in it.

seigo
15-05-2023, 06:59 AM
The poling questions allows not an answer id provide
brief answers reduce error or objection to statements made
does seem drugstore comprehension of said mentioned crystals
personal use of stones by me
rose quarts from Brazil tends to do fine to make decent rose water
id got specifically special cut small cut pieces ~~~ like twice size of normal
have used those till they got glossy

remember same quartz pieces gives off electricity
and just daily movement powers wrist watch

dropped quartz messes up molecular latice structure
i am told & do not contest stated as fact stories that use over time wears out energy frome stones and the stated dont buy Lab Created stones
lab created stones few weeks to make
Natural Earth stones millions of years in this Mother Called Earth
Big Difference there