PDA

View Full Version : How To Interpret This?

Shalimar
09-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Hello! :smile:

I would be grateful to get your views on how to interpret a reading that I didn't do but dreamed about. It is a 4 cards Tarot reading but I don't know what spread it was as it was part of a dream but some of you might have an idea on how to read it, like which spread it could be...I lean toward a general reading with a central card as the main subject and the cards on each sides giving more info with the 4 being a synthesis?? It is important to me as I believe it was a message given to me since I woke up from that dream.

Here is my dream:

I am in a small room, all white and bright. I'm sitting and reading a long letter (handwritten). someone is there standing and ask me if 17 is the number of the Tarot card "Justice".
As I'm focused on my letter, I absently answer "yeah, yeah..." while still reading not even looking toward that person; but as I say that I realize that this is not so, and I stop reading put the letter down on my laps and say:
"no, wait...the Star is #16, so the Sun is #17 ...yeah, that's right as the Moon is #18! So, the Justice is #8 and #17 is the Sun!"

As I say that I see the cards in a spread formation as so:

Star -------- Sun -------- Moon

------------Justice------------

All the cards are blurry (though I still can tell what they are) but the Sun is very clear and there is a focus on it like it would pop up. It's the Sun from the Rider Waite.

The dream stops. Note, that I have all the card's numbers wrong except for the Moon and the Justice though it is not the right number in the RW it is still a way to number the Justice. And in reality I do know what is the right number for each cards.

How would you interpret this spread? and which kind of spread do you think it is?

Thanks for your insights! :hug3:

Pamuya
10-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I do not do dream interpretation, but it seems to have the theme of order and contol. You want things in order.

ravenstar
12-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Shalimar,

A letter is usually a realization about something...it's usually about someone else or news about yourself...letters can express an intuitive contact with someone...or even something coming up in the future.

I think you answered your own question when you said the Sun card is the main focus. I think this may be a Focus Spread....especially when your focus on the letter was interrupted, offsetting your intuition and sense of 'balance'

Usually when the sun shines, hidden facts and motives are revealed...in other words everything is laid out 'bare' in the open. The other cards could represent the past, the future and suggested course of action?

The Sun could represent coming into or back to your 'natural radiance'. Perhaps in an upcoming situation you are to dazzle and shine...you're to let others see your youthful and creative spirit; your optimism and enthusiasm?

OR
Your piercing Rays will discover what's been shaded or sheltered?

Shalimar
14-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Pamuya and Ravenstar for sharing your thoughts with me! :hug3:

I'm still pondering upon this "reading". If i take it as part of a dream and so take in account the "dream" symbolism as well, I'll say that maybe, it talks about getting more info with the letter, like I'm studying something, get more knowledge about a subject and I am told that while I don't lose track of my hopes/desires and guidance/inspirations that I receive (Star), I should also be sensitive to any inner fear, or make the difference between what looks like but is not...maybe dig into inner knowledge to see things more clearly (Moon), and that keeping everything in harmony, while keeping everything in balance (The Justice) like not too much of one thing over the other - like when I'm so absorbed by what i'm reading that I don't really pay attention to what I was told and give a too quick dismissal response - (my attitude while reading the letter), I will be able to have success in what matters to me, I will achieve what I have set before me, my hopes, dreams (Star)...

Keeping things in order does come to mind like you were saying Pamuya and like Ravenstar was saying, the Sun can also be telling me that I could let all that has been placed in me "shine" like it should be... I did sensed lately that I was lacking balance in my life, that I have deep down desires and I'm suspecting that they must be part of my life journey because they have been with me for many years and the draw has been so strong, but I've never really let them shine, I get caught up with so many things, I have such a thirst for knowledge that I just drown myself into it, and though all that I have learned did me good, it is also eating me up and maybe keeping me from one of my life purpose...which could very well be to spend more time painting. Each day, I do have that urge of painting and I have kept pushing it aside for lack of time, saying to myself later on I will...but I don't. And I go out (I live in the middle of nowhere) and see all the beauty of Mother Nature and I ache to paint what I see, and I actually look at it seeing every details, how the shadow of the trees reflects upon the snow, how the light of the sun touches the landscape, the different hues that are dancing before my eyes...and i take note, and always see a "picture" while thinking it would make such a beautiful one.

Yeah, it is possible that I was told to get more balance into my life, and for a change, let the gift within me shine....

Thanks again! :smile: