PDA

View Full Version : Have you experienced this?

froebellian
07-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Just a question, no analysis..

Anyone who has been down the 'wrong' or 'rocky' path and found obstacles to tell them.. once they realized and turned back on path did things start to fall in place?

It has happened to me before, but I just really need to hear if others have had the same right now.

Thanks
Froe

samantha
07-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Yes i took the wrong path and thats when i had my awakening and then i realized well somehow i already knew deep down. I went for a reading from a spiritualist, she does readings and stuff at the spiritual church so she was no fraud, anyway i truly believed what she told me. When what was ment to happen did not knew i had took the wrong path. My life went into destruction it was a nightmare but got through it i am still sort of on that path but not pursuing it but im knda stuck here but im also on my right path and im were should be there.

froebellian
07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes i took the wrong path and thats when i had my awakening and then i realized well somehow i already knew deep down. I went for a reading from a spiritualist, she does readings and stuff at the spiritual church so she was no fraud, anyway i truly believed what she told me. When what was ment to happen did not knew i had took the wrong path. My life went into destruction it was a nightmare but got through it i am still sort of on that path but not pursuing it but im knda stuck here but im also on my right path and im were should be there.

Thanks.. I know I must end this particular path to get back and hope that things will get better!

Angelstar
07-12-2013, 10:03 PM
You will know if you are on the right path or not you will feel it within your self.The inner voice will keep yelling at you to change your ways.You may feel as if something is trying to pull you in an other direction.

Akshara
07-12-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't think there's no wrong path, only a path and all paths
Are right, because each particular path is a learning experience.
I myself been through rough, bumpy and thought I was lost.
Turns out I was never lost, just didn't have a light to see.

Swami Chihuahuananda
07-12-2013, 10:51 PM
How about 15 years of alcoholism and drug abuse ? I was into a sort of Eastern cult from age 15 , but didn't really make a 'spiritual' life because there was too much mental and psychological garbage in the way. So I became a drunk to numb the pain of not having the connection.

I knew what I was missing and why I was missing out on it and that was a horrible way to live . This wasn't some minor detour for a few months or whatever. This was an epic fall from grace and swan dive into a hellish existence.

I never let go of what I knew was real, even though I couldn't have the connection, and eventually things turned around. That didn't happen because I worked my way out of the depths though; it was more like
I was unceremoniously jerked out of my wretched life and thrown into
a rehab center and given a more or less clean slate. I don't know exactly how it worked, but I quickly developed the real connection I always wanted , and I haven't looked back in the 24 years since then.

So basically, anything can happen . You're never really lost to a point of no return, I think , even though it can feel that way sometimes. The connection is always there, we just don't always have the ability to embrace it , for one reason or the other . It can be days, weeks, or years . What a long, strange trip it's been .... :smile:

silent whisper
07-12-2013, 11:28 PM
yes revisiting to pick up threads that we missed along the way of dealing with the focus at the time stuff..Sometimes shelved emotions to deal with/clarity to find/new awareness... the fallout in other ways that hit me along those rocky parts led you one way to learn, going back to gather more from that experience to complete the cycle.

samantha
08-12-2013, 10:01 AM
How about 15 years of alcoholism and drug abuse ? I was into a sort of Eastern cult from age 15 , but didn't really make a 'spiritual' life because there was too much mental and psychological garbage in the way. So I became a drunk to numb the pain of not having the connection.

I knew what I was missing and why I was missing out on it and that was a horrible way to live . This wasn't some minor detour for a few months or whatever. This was an epic fall from grace and swan dive into a hellish existence.

I never let go of what I knew was real, even though I couldn't have the connection, and eventually things turned around. That didn't happen because I worked my way out of the depths though; it was more like
I was unceremoniously jerked out of my wretched life and thrown into
a rehab center and given a more or less clean slate. I don't know exactly how it worked, but I quickly developed the real connection I always wanted , and I haven't looked back in the 24 years since then.

So basically, anything can happen . You're never really lost to a point of no return, I think , even though it can feel that way sometimes. The connection is always there, we just don't always have the ability to embrace it , for one reason or the other . It can be days, weeks, or years . What a long, strange trip it's been .... :smile:

Thats amazing how you came back from that as not very many do. I have known many young and old who just couldnt or it took their life before they got the chance.

You should be very proud of yourself:hug3:

Swami Chihuahuananda
08-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Thats amazing how you came back from that as not very many do. I have known many young and old who just couldnt or it took their life before they got the chance.

You should be very proud of yourself:hug3:

Well, it wasn't like I defeated alcoholism or drug addiction and can wear it like a badge. It takes humility to admit utter defeat and selflessness to embrace the gift of self -awareness . It all was part of getting me where I am , which is somewhere other than the details of how I got here , if that makes sense :alien:

Emmalevine
08-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure there is a right or wrong as all paths lead home, as they say. However, I believe we can make bad choices which make the resulting path more difficult to follow. If this happens, Spirit may send signs to encourage us to follow a different path, as you probably experienced. Personally I have made very difficult choices and taken very painful paths, but backtracking is no option for me due to the consequences of my choices. However, I can spend my life thinking I made a 'wrong' choice, or I can make the best of it knowing that this path will take me home like any other. It will simply bring its own unique lessons.

SpiritCarrier
08-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I do not believe that a right or wrong path is the way to think of it. Try thinking of it this way; I am exactly where I am suppose to be in order to learn the lessons I need to learn. Let me explain why I chose to look at things this way.

I was married at an early age, 16, The man I married hid his true nature from me and everyone I believe. I have now divorced and live alone. The things I went through during my marriage and even early childhood prepared me for the things I have gone through since my divorce. I refuse to live with regret, there is no good that comes from it. So instead I chose to believe that the things I suffered throughout my life made me strong enough to get through other things in my life. Everything in my life has led me to the place I am at now, all the things I have suffered, all the people I have encountered, everything has brought me here....and here is not such a bad place. I have met my TF, we are planning a life together, I have a good, stable, safe job, so all is not lost.

Learning from all our experiences, good and bad, makes us a stronger more spiritual person. Never let any situation defeat you, always look for the way to improve, yourself, your situation, and most importantly look for the lesson that you are being taught. Nothing last forever, not even life on this plane, so embrace everything, live today as if it were your last, and find some good in everything. It is not easy to do that, especially when you are in the bad but you will find that the person you are is much stronger than you think you can be.

May you have peace and light,
SC