PDA

View Full Version : Still learning to let go?!!

soulauraz
18-11-2013, 06:46 AM
hey everyone.

Since I was 15 (i am now 26) i have become spiritually aware and my father was the one who helped me come this way. He suggested to me to "let negativity go - all of it" and allow only positive energies into my life. Now I have meditated, read self-help books on letting go and even have visualized myself in soul form and the connected strings attached to the self. I have even tried writing it down on paper then burning it allowing it into the atmosphere and yet things in my life that have been negative I haven't been able to let go of. I have done all that has been mentioned and was wondering if anyone can give me any other suggestions from which I haven't tried.

Thanks in advance everyone.

SpiritCarrier
18-11-2013, 11:17 AM
If after all you have tried did not work it is a sign that you are not ready to let the past go. What I would suggest is that you focus on the future. Write down or visualize the future that you want, with all the negative energy gone, and see the road that leads you there. After you are able to see the road, see yourself on the road, next see the first step to the future you want and so on. Once you are able to visualize that path and how to get on it, each step becomes easier and those layers of negativity will begin to vanish as you walk the path to a bright and light future.

I have been through some very negative events in my life and this is the method I used to get passed it and to let it go moving on to something better. It is very hard at first but do not give up and keep trying. You must set aside time everyday to do this. After a while it becomes second nature and your future gets brighter and brighter because those layers of negativity start to melt away, sometime you wont even notice it then all of the sudden you will see how much progress you have made and it continues.

May you have peace and light,
SC

adamm[]
18-11-2013, 03:20 PM
just focus on the future. its really that simple, try to find something that you can focus on and stick with it. I love animals, no matter how down im feeling i can always play with a dog to lift my spirits.

Its like when you were a kid and got sick and you could stay home and watch cartoons all day and not feel sick, because your mind wasnt focused on the sickness. You just need to find something you can focus on and eventually the negativity will fade.

Tho the only reason why you are having negativity is because you are thinking of these past events, so as soon as you stop thinking about them, the negativity will leave, it really is that simple.

Also, stop trying to let go of the past, and just let go. The mere fact that you think of the past trying to let it go, makes you think of the past, which conjures those thoughts and emotions. I kinda do this with myself sometimes, when things in my life go badly ill say to myself "dont be sad" and oddly enough, i get sad.

Seawolf
18-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Letting go is not a one time thing, it's a constant practice. There are mountains of junk to let go, so the work never ends. People that say they've let everything go are just fooling themselves.

A practice can be mentally saying 'I love you' to whatever we think we need to let go. I like things that are simple. :-)

Mr Interesting
18-11-2013, 04:13 PM
But are things negative? Are the things that are coming into your life negative or is that just how you are seeing them?

What we having coming into our lives is a reflection of what's already there and it behooves us to see things in such a way that we can find the basis of our attractive potential. I think it's all in the way we see things and it helps if we can apply distance and not get too caught up in this positive negative thing. Can you not think? Can you spend whole tens of minutes without the mind interfering? Practice that and get the distance you need.

And it also may be worth noting that as we are all linked it may be that the 'negative' stuff isn't your's as such but stuff that is being worked through on a deeper and wider level.

ramat
18-11-2013, 11:32 PM
In my experience,
letting go.. first needs acceptance of all our past as something good for us otherwise we don't let past go .. We may not understand why it was so. For Example..I was poor when i was kid..but now have job, family in good position..so why to cling to past. Learn the lessons and move on.

" yet things in my life that have been negative I haven't been able to let go of"
If you still have complaints about past then you are living in past and bringing that state of mind to present which is still continuing. let go, is letting go all past. What to worry about past..? It sticks to us till you accept. Don't criticize yourself or others.
Feel you want to do good always. Negativity goes by itself.
Doing proper meditation helps. During meditation, ignore whatever thought or emotion/feeling comes, no matter what it is.

VisionQuest
19-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Letting Go is a constant process .......

It is releasing our attachments and moving into a state of acceptance ~

When does this end?

A: when we leave ~

That said ........ you seem to be looking for something deeper than that ~

That would be the TRANSFORMATION of lead (fear) INTO GOLD (love) .....

High Alchemy ........

Many methods ......

A Course In Miracles
Prayer-Meditation
Forgiveness practice
Divine Communion

A Course In Miracles embraces all techniques......... it is a very challenging course! All resistances come to the surface of consciousness and have to be faced and released ~

soulauraz
20-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Thank you every one for your honest replies. I will definitely being trying the methods and will definitely be rethinking a few things too. Thank you for bringing this to light..

shone
20-11-2013, 01:51 PM
What mostly trigger the past to keep coming back sometimes is luck activities which occupies your daily life. If you get activities which brings happiness or which puts you in special moments, am pretty sure the past will be history.

Miss Hepburn
20-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Ah, then you and your father will probably like ...

"You must not under any pretense allow your mind to
dwell on any thought that is not positive, constructive, optimistic,
kind."

~Emmet Fox

Who is Mr. Fox? You will be in for a pleasant surprise if
you google him.
Nice topic, soulauraz.
:smile: