PDA

View Full Version : The sounds Of Silence

8-infinite-8
19-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Don't you think it's interesting that silence would always have existed ?
There would never have been "no silence" as would there never have been "no space".
Everything man made has come from an intention for it to be, so with that same law you'd have to say that everything natural, also must come from an intention for it to be.
So silence itself, must have come from an intention for it to exist, maybe God(intention), was created by another God(intention) & another & another etc. Maybe we're all training to be a God in the very distant future.
Interesting to think about anyway:smile:

Kirllan
01-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I suppose if you think of it from a deaf persons point of view silence is quite common. I dare say (not to be silly or anything) I have never seen a comet or planets with ears, so silence can be conveyed as always existed.

dreamer
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi 8-infinate-8,

that's a very perceptive observation, one which I made myself only last week - evidence that we are one mind maybe?
It seems to me that silence is peace, which is also the void of tau or nothingness of nietshe. All are desribed in the same way, and to describe it is to destroy it's essence, peace is a lack of noise, it is nothing but something, the crux of the whole universe, the central point is peace/silence/void/nothing.

Heres another interesting one if you are so minded. What would a circle with a diameter of pi look like? You would know where it should be and could draw it between two very accurate perameters but the circle itself could never exist as pi is not a locatable number (with it having infinite decimal places) Kind of like a void. Cool huh.

Also pi goes to infinity one way but always goes back to three the other. so if you take any point in the sequence of pi you have infinite possibilites looking away from it's source but you know that the source is always three - which is the holy trinity. Its all maths, to make yourself whole all you need to do is see yourself as a circumference and a diameter rather than pi.

8-infinite-8
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi Dreamer, you no the saying , great minds think alike :smile:
I kinda see what you mean even though I am mathematicaly challenged :smile:

That is interesting that you made the same observation last week.
I was just thinking today that, all that is real & has any great purpose is very un-interesting to the mind or "boring" as the mind would say.

I was thinking this as i was sipping a glass of water that, water has no taste or scent & it keeps us alive, air is invisible & has no scent, or taste & it keeps us alive, & silence is also "boring" to the mind or "uncomfortable", because the mind needs entertainment, but if there were no silence we'd never hear our selves think & we'd ultimately go insane.

I can't help but think these are small messages hidden in God's creations,pointing to the path of enlightenment. A funny little metaphor by God to make us realize that if we keep searching for more,all we will find is more searching.

What does it all mean basil ?:smile:

Enlightener
04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Cool topic, cool thread.

Ah, until you find the Truth! And how do you find this truth, it is within you, and it is yours and yours only. And each individual truth is different from the next guy's.

Ciao

8-infinite-8
05-08-2006, 03:17 AM
That is very true Enlightener, we're so very different, yet, so very much the same, & all apart of the same game.:fish:

Maarkandeya
05-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Isn't it wonderful to just abide in the stillness beyond thoughts and concepts? In silence, there is no "I" and there are no "others". There is no concept whatsoever to disturb the silence.

Then, it all emerges. (smile)

Glorymist
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM
And - - what is "it" that emerges ??