PDA

View Full Version : The New Seminary

Honza
07-11-2010, 08:48 PM
This is an Interfaith organisation started by a Rabbi in the United States and which is spreading around the world.

It is basically a 'church' for Interfaith. Ministers are ordained into the Seminary and then become self employed ministers in society with the power to conduct Interfaith Services and even marriages and funerals I believe.

I met an Interfaith Minister once. She lived up the road from me before she moved away. It made me chuckle because she was very spiritual but was otherwise a typical georgous Australian blonde....a deadly combination, lol.

One can attend the New Seminary school to be taught and ordained as a Minister. There are schools in America and one in London and probably elsewhere too.

I've been to the New Seminary services and they are *amazing*. All the worlds religions are recognised and celebrated. They were deeply inspiring....

Rumar
08-11-2010, 03:11 AM
So we finally have something that goes along with religious tolerance?

Honza
08-11-2010, 07:27 AM
So we finally have something that goes along with religious tolerance?

Yes exactly. The service was so different to any other service I have been to.

Honza
08-11-2010, 07:41 AM
It seems the New Seminary is now called the "One Spirit Interfaith Seminary".

Here is the link:

http://www.onespiritinterfaith.org/osis/index.htm

Honza
08-11-2010, 07:44 AM
And here is a photo of the Minister who used to live up the road; her name is Miranda.

http://www.onespiritinterfaith.org/images/Holden_Miranda.jpg

7luminaries
10-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Honza, I need a new pic here...LOL...this does nothing for me :wink:

Honza
26-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Honza, I need a new pic here...LOL...this does nothing for me :wink:

Are you not into Australian blondes then? :tongue:

She is much prettier in real life.

Lady Valkyrie
01-04-2011, 11:59 AM
This is excellent information, very useful to me on my current path. Thank you for posting.

HBuck72
05-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Very interesting, thank you for sharing!