PDA

View Full Version : Shift in Consciousness and the Dark Night?

HeartSong11
08-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi All,

I'm wondering if any of you have noticed if the shift in consciousness is speeding up lately? For example, it seems to be more widespread and there are more people talking about it.

I personally feel there are many changes happening in my life. Since my awakening this year after a 6 month experience with the dark night of the soul I am more aware of the things I need to change in my life. I am more aware of things I need to change within myself than ever before.
However, since my new found spiritual awareness I still haven't managed to make all the changes I need to make and since last night I am right in the midst of another dark night. It just hit me out of the blue in the middle of the night. I can't believe it. I feel like I have only just gone through it.

I think it's happening because I am still afraid to make the changes I need to make like for example, getting away from toxic relationships. I feel like I'm left with no choice but face the fear of being alone now.

Is anyone else felling the push by God in the right direction? It's like no matter what I do I will have to change and the Universe will keep pushing until I do.

Has anyone else experienced the dark night of the soul so close together?
I know everyone is unique and it's not like I need my experiences validated but I find comfort in relating to others at this moment so if you care to share your experiences I thank you in advance :hug3:

Simon_Templar
08-11-2013, 07:56 PM
there will always be more of the present than there will be of the past

livingkarma
08-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes ...
They happen throughout life regardless of the cause ...
I've weathered many ...

One thing I can say as a former probation officer is my clients received suggestions from AA & Nar-Anon to end toxic relationships to promote recovery & healing ...
It was very difficult, but they did find it quite beneficial for their sobriety ...
It makes matters worse if you're trying to break out of something while at the same time continually exposing yourself to the same toxicity ...
I taught my clients to socialize sober - it was incredibly difficult since they lacked self confidence being straight ...
The more they practiced, the more at ease they became ...
Since I have no reason to believe you have these issues, it should be less complicated for you to make friends ...
The adjustment just takes time & patience ...
Take care ...

comforting
08-11-2013, 08:43 PM
In fear of sounding stupid ;0/ but what exactly is the dark night of the soul ?
is it to do with negative energies etc??

HeartSong11
08-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes ...
Since I have no reason to believe you have these issues, it should be less complicated for you to make friends ...
The adjustment just takes time & patience ...

Thanks. This is true. I just want to get to a good place within myself first...then hopefully I will attract the right kind of people.

HeartSong11
08-11-2013, 09:00 PM
In fear of sounding stupid ;0/ but what exactly is the dark night of the soul ?
is it to do with negative energies etc??

To me it's the complete break down of my belief system and of who I am or thought I was. I usually emerge feeling like I see things with new or more open eyes.
The dark night and depression can be similar and easily confused with each other. They can also occur at the same time in my case the confusion of not understanding the dark night of the soul lead to depression.

I know this is the dark night of the soul because it is a battle in my head with God's will in mind.

The dark night of the soul is something many go through on their spiritual path but not everyone does.

Miss Hepburn
08-11-2013, 10:37 PM
There is a Quickening happening...few sense it, fewer grab the string of the balloon...
Grab hold and let it take you....!
:smile:

HeartSong11
08-11-2013, 11:10 PM
There is a Quickening happening...few sense it, fewer grab the string of the balloon...

Thanks...I am trying to embrace it all...the good and the bad :)

samantha
09-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Comforting- for me, what i experienced as the dark night was like a complete breakdown of everything you thought, beleived, perceived basically meaning of life. Everything was meaningless, for me it was like being in the biggest deepest black whole imaginable and not able to get out, until your ready. I felt abandoned by God as i had begged and begged to make this stop, i didnt know what it was at the time but i felt like a part of me had died, it was like everthing collapsed and you had to start again.

J1511-It has been like that for me, my dark night lasted 6 months, it was two years ago, i was 33 aswell. It has been constant change since then but this year it was like accelarated i had a few issues to deal with all at the same time,it wasnt till i was looking back at things and actually the Universe didnt push me it practically forced me into situations so i could face my fears and heal. I was actually quite shocked at the events that all led on to another and another and so on and none of them anything that i had started or made happen, it was like i wasnt in control and it was hellish, the pain i felt and i dont think i coped that well with it but i got there in the end.

You will too. Even if there is times that are difficult and you feel you cant cope just remember there will be something good that comes from it.

CrystalSong
09-11-2013, 12:05 AM
It seemed like a Shift/Quickening (nod nod) but a the moment, I'm in the Heartland/Bible belt and the area is heavily entrenched in dogma, only a few candles burning here and there....everyone else is into Dominating or being dominated.

Hard to say if there is a population wide Shift or just a shift in me that makes me no longer blind to others who've Awakened or are close to awakening.

(insert icon of confused/perplexed/happily muddled person)

Whatever the case - keep awakening/Shifting!! It's a Good Thing!

CrystalSong
09-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Dark Night of the Soul = Discovering the Dragon within and that it can only be tamed - never slayed.

aka

I Have found the enemy and it is in me!

A human Being
09-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Comforting- for me, what i experienced as the dark night was like a complete breakdown of everything you thought, beleived, perceived basically meaning of life. Everything was meaningless, for me it was like being in the biggest deepest black whole imaginable and not able to get out, until your ready. I felt abandoned by God as i had begged and begged to make this stop, i didnt know what it was at the time but i felt like a part of me had died, it was like everthing collapsed and you had to start again.
I've heard about the dark night of the soul and wasn't sure I'd experienced it, but this makes me think I have, because I went through pretty much what you're describing. It sounds, also, like what Eckhart Tolle talks about at the beginning of 'The Power of Now,' where he felt this existential disgust, for everything but especially for himself.

For me, it was as you say - everything became meaningless, which induced that same sense of existential revulsion, as well as agonising, inescapable despair and the desire for annihilation. It got to the stage where the suffering became too much to bear, and I had no choice but to wake up.

7luminaries
10-11-2013, 03:38 PM

There is indeed ;) ...
The weekend of Sept 14 was a major one...the universe was not quite the same afterward.
Having to do with bringing forth the material from the immaterial, or bringing forth matter from spirit.
Because of the particular time in the universe, it also often involves crisis,
whereby change will and must occur as a part of the process of moving forward.

The weekend of Nov 1 was a smaller shift, but it continues. A
lso having to do with considerations of our lives, our mortality and our priorities,
finding and owning the essence of who we are and what matters to us,
and of examining the changes that we need to make in our lives that will improve our situation in life.
This applies on all levels, from personal to national to global.

A big theme of this whole era is to nurture the hope, the love, the faith, and the courage within.
So that one is able to choose love over fear in any moment.

Ride the wave, and fly :hug3:
:hug3:

Peace & blessings,
7L

HeartSong11
10-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Even if there is times that are difficult and you feel you cant cope just remember there will be something good that comes from it.

Thanks Samantha.
I know it's going to change things for the better and this time I know deep down that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

HeartSong11
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
A big theme of this whole era is to nurture the hope, the love, the faith, and the courage within.
So that one is able to choose love over fear in any moment.

Ride the wave, and fly :hug3:
:hug3:

7L

Thank you.
This really struck a cord.
The words you wrote above have been going around in my head for months and I don't know where they came from and when I just read them in your post it was comforting.
There are bigger things at work :)

HeartSong11
10-11-2013, 08:13 PM
For me, it was as you say - everything became meaningless, which induced that same sense of existential revulsion, as well as agonising, inescapable despair and the desire for annihilation. It got to the stage where the suffering became too much to bear, and I had no choice but to wake up.

This is what it was like for me the previous time to this one. I went 6 months feeling like nothing mattered and I felt everything was wrong with the world and me. Then eventually it got so bad that I had no choice but find answers and start healing myself.

HeartSong11
10-11-2013, 08:22 PM
It seemed like a Shift/Quickening (nod nod) but a the moment, I'm in the Heartland/Bible belt and the area is heavily entrenched in dogma, only a few candles burning here and there....everyone else is into Dominating or being dominated.

Hard to say if there is a population wide Shift or just a shift in me that makes me no longer blind to others who've Awakened or are close to awakening.

(insert icon of confused/perplexed/happily muddled person)

Whatever the case - keep awakening/Shifting!! It's a Good Thing!

Yes I often think maybe I'm just noticing the shift more as I am experiencing it too.

Most days I know what's happening is a good thing. My ego just needs to let me accept it ;)

loopylucid
10-11-2013, 08:32 PM
*nods* Crazy beautiful isn't it!
I dug this poem out after reading your post.
Was an experience I had years ago now of this kinda thing and I asked in a moment of desperation with pen in hand whats going on... this is what came back.

Just cry my sweet searcher, turn to your own counsel and trust love to eliminate,
Its now, its come, its time to find peace with your infinite smithereens of hate,
Let these emotions erupt unrestrained, celebrate the explosion with the depth of your heart,
Learn now that those fires that held you back are the light to the way of the start,
Calm the embers that have been raging so long intoxicating so close to the soul,
Use the element of water and follow the tears journey onto the pool of resolve
Let the all consuming darkness shadow your world so you KNOW when the light appears,
My sweet naive one to replenish your love you must first resolve all of your fears.

Peace and love to all on this journey :) Keep trekking on :)
Loopy :)

CrystalSong
10-11-2013, 10:06 PM
My Gosh that's just perfect! And actually explains a bit about the whole crying/wailing/gnashing of teeth phase in the Dark Night of the Soul I didn't understand despite having been there....
'the Pool of resolve'....how perfectly put. It was like an inner baptism by immersion of tears.
'And consuming darkness shadowing the world so you KNOW when Light appears'...Yes. Yes. Yes!
Yes again.

My heart felt thanks to the channel and the deliverer for this piece of the puzzle!

Just cry my sweet searcher, turn to your own counsel and trust love to eliminate,
Its now, its come, its time to find peace with your infinite smithereens of hate,
Let these emotions erupt unrestrained, celebrate the explosion with the depth of your heart,
Learn now that those fires that held you back are the light to the way of the start,
Calm the embers that have been raging so long intoxicating so close to the soul,
Let the all consuming darkness shadow your world so you KNOW when the light appears,
My sweet naive one to replenish your love you must first resolve all of your fears.

HeartSong11
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM

This brought a tear to my eye and really spoke to my soul. Beautifully put.
I used to write poetry years ago and this also reminded me to take it up again. Maybe I need an outlet to express myself creatively again.

Thanks for this Loopy. It's helped in more ways than one.

Love and Light to you :hug3:

loopylucid
11-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Most welcome crystal, im glad it may have helped a little, I wrote this when i was only 16! Its helped me accept every similiar episode ive had since with peace.
If its any consolation ive spent the past 3 days crying to! the past 4 weeks wondering what im leading upto and whats going on also Very healing! Infact the other night i actually turned the light off in the room me and my partner were in, he was engrossed in music and i was writing up some things, i was holding conversations with him with silent tears running down my face, no control over them, just pouring out my eyes but unless you'd physically seen the tears you wouldnt of even known, i even managed to hold the conversation with him not noticing lol!
It feels like your shouting up to the universe OK OK! atleast hold me then! Thats how it feels to me at the moment, that the universe has scooped us all up in her arms and demanded we do indeed grow, whatever that takes. Its beautiful crazy :) In a weird way and despite of everything, im still sat here smiling with tears in my eyes. :) Keep trekking :)

Your most welcome JJ, i do find i always write my way through things like this, wether its poetry, how im feeling, experiences etc, i find it very healing. Its well worth a shot, be great to hear how creativity engages with this experience for you in a healing manner, whatever that will be.
Love and light to you always, its all here to help us, if we let it :)
Loopy :)