PDA

View Full Version : animal abuse in other countries :(

bluelove23
29-10-2013, 04:23 AM
I came across this website that had the top 10 worst animal abusing counties and what they do. I knew i shouldnt have read it but i did and now i feel sick. Its so horrible..isnt there some way we can all pray for them?

Lightspirit
29-10-2013, 08:52 AM
it is tragic and I fully agree with you. It might pay for you to look at some of the animal rights organisations websites to see what good is being done.

http://www.seashepherd.org/

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/

https://www.animalsasia.org/au/index.html

LPC
29-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Animal cruelty is, sadly, a phenomenon which is worldwide. No country can claim to be "clean", with little cruelty. But I agree that some countries have a far worse record than others. For me, the routine boiling of dogs alive (mostly, but not exclusively in Korea and China) must be amongst the worst example of cruelty at the present time.

I agree with the sentiments of lightspirit above. If you are concerned you can support some animal welfare organisations (with practical and/or financial help), sign petitions, etc. It is also worth reading about the good that is being done by many kind compassionate people to alleviate animal suffering.

Many blessings to you for caring about this issue!

knightofalbion
29-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Many such sites on the Web. Sickening, no doubt about that.

Though they do enlighten people as to what goes on behind closed doors.
The products (meat, vivisection tested products and so forth) people buy in the shops are totally detached from the reality of the chain of production, and the suffering inflicted en route.

That is the reality. But of course you can step off the cruelty carousel anytime you like...

The other thing those gruesome websites do is remind AR people why we do what we do and they should also serve as an inspiration to all compassionate people to 'keep on keeping on'

bluelove23
29-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Its so horrible. My entire life iv felt such a connection to animals and i love them so much..i knew there was some what aninal cruelty in other countries but i didn't know how bad until i read about it last night. It makes me sick, i wish there was a way to rescue all of them or arrest a of those people. I swear if i ever win the lottery or come into a large amount of money i will try to pay to bring all of those animals over here. Its sickening the things that they do..

Lightspirit
29-10-2013, 07:49 PM
The thing is we can all do something right now today to end abuse of animals. All you have to do is reduce or stop meat intake. The chicken you don't eat today will not be replaced in a factory farm and for that hen another baby rooster chick won't end up a chicken nugget. The pig won't get put in aittle pen in the factory farm either to never walk around. A powerful place to begin change is at your supermarket for at least farm animals anyway.

Tobi
29-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I can imagine what you have seen/been reading. I saw some of those myself. This cruelty is truly horrific.
On a large-scale, when it comes to the horrendous practices in the food industry in many countries (especially the far East)-and the fur trade, then the voice of the worldwide community is the only thing that has a hope of stopping those things. Changes in the Law will be the only things that could make a difference, and those can be brought about by petitioning governments to be tough about animal welfare laws. So find a petition, and sign it, and Facebook/Twitter it, to get it out to all your friends as well. Your small voices can all help.

On a small scale, there is still something we can do, as people who treat animals cruelly can be brought to justice, banned from keeping animals....petitions are arranged to bring individuals to justice for animal cruelty, where justice appears to be lacking.....puppy farms can be closed down....etc. It takes vigilance, sometimes also petitions to be signed, contacting organisations whenever animal cruelty or neglect is suspected (such as RSPCA, or Animal Control, etc)

As LPC said, even support of one, or some of those animal welfare charities can help....even down to giving a hand at the local Animal Rescue -can all be very useful. Sometimes, even just donating £10 or $10....or taking a pile of old blankets/newspapers round to your local Rescue, makes a small contribution to the animals' welfare. And if a million people do that same thing, it is a tremendous help!

Those who commit dreadful crimes against animals, have surely got some connection with their heart energies sadly lacking right now. The only real change, so that these sorts of crimes never ever happen again, will be when those people become changed and inspired in their hearts.
Let us all pray for that to happen. And do what we can in the meantime to help the victims.

Lightspirit
29-10-2013, 09:13 PM
One who is sleeping can be woken and will eventually see though one who refuses to open their eyes will never see. The animal abuse relies on people's willingness to ignore it.

hannah
03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Animal welfare standards on British farms are some of the best in the world, unfortunately meat from abroad is much cheaper to buy as the animals are kept in pretty horrific conditions, something British farmers would never dream of or consider doing. Therefore a lot of meat in supermarkets, especially ready meals and processed foods is this cheap rate imported stuff.
People don't care, they just care about having cheap food, not ethically reared food.
Check the labels of what you buy and make sure it is from a source with good welfare standards

WhiteWarrior
03-11-2013, 05:19 PM
We should start with the animal cruelty going on in our own country; that is the one place where the politicians at least have to pretend they hear us. Sign petitions, join organisations working for this (after making sure they spend only a token amount on fees to their own leaders and don't hire tele companies to drive in money for them) and do not buy clothing with fur decorations on them. It's a start.

Tobi
06-11-2013, 12:21 AM
I know, White Warrior. It is going on under our very noses too.
I read today, on my local animal shelter's online page -that a mother cat and her kittens were dumped in a woods, wrapped in a bin-liner, and in a sealed box. Fortunately a dog-walker discovered them, and apart from one kitten, who died, they were all saved, are healthy and re-homed now.
And that was in a radius of....what?....ten miles from where I live? It's not happening far away, it seems to be happening everywhere.
I can't understand this cruelty.

Belle
08-11-2013, 06:13 PM
It makes me MAD!

Really, I know I'm not perfect in any shape or form but to be cruel to animals which have a) never hurt us and b) are powerless against us - bullying. It's pathetic and feeble and vile.

moonincancer
09-11-2013, 05:06 PM
What is worse is that people oppose those who are kind to animals. It happens in my country where poverty is cited as a reason to ignore the problems faced by animals. I agree with all who have posted here. Love and sensitivity naturally flow towards humans and animals alike. One( i.e. humans and their needs)can't be isolated as superior or privileged in any way.

Tera's_Party
12-11-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't know if this helps but I have found that having a gentle approach in guiding people towards less animal consumption has worked best for me. By introducing people to healthy vegetarian/vegan meals, and living and being healthy without preaching goes a long way.

If you're going to shift their attitude about animal cruelty, be a good role model to those around you. Most of us are aware of animal cruelty on some level already. Maybe some people will get the message by the health benefits, and others on the fence might be inspired by your courage.
Even if you don't manage to change peoples minds right away, at least they will have been exposed in a positive way to an alternative.

linen53
09-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I have ducks, Muscovy ducks exclusively.

Occasionally I search on Craig's list or in the paper classified ads for additional Muscovy ducks since I am always trying to keep my bloodlines from becoming interbred. Some of the farms I have visited were deplorable. You always hear of horses, cats and dogs but never poultry. The abuse is rampant.

I remember when I visited one such farm. The duckyard was in the hot sun (100 + degrees) with no shade for any of them. Their water was a thick green color which hadn't been changed in, I don't know how long. Sight unseen I told him I would take all of his 'scovies (5 of them).

I took them home and put them in isolation until they could adjust. They were not free range so it gives them time to get used to the routine and my other ducks. At the sight of me they would go into pitiful fits of terror. I gave them a pan full of water to bathe and had to change it numerous times until they felt like they were clean. Even then their feathers hung on them like rags.

Now they are some of my most beautiful ducks. They love me and eat out of my hand. Of the 5 I still have 4. Agnes, Ethel, Squeak and Rachael. Emmie was killed by a fox.

The other case came from a town close by. An ad in the classifieds prompted me to call the number. It was fall and people don't want to "winter" extra livestock. Since they aren't producing and aren't eating bugs they have no use for them. So I went and picked them up.

Again, isolation for awhile until they adjusted. They didn't know what grain was. They would eat grass if I gave it to them and they would eat bugs but not the grain. They had been raised without anything but what was in their pen to eat.

It is imperative that they learn to eat the grain before winter sets in here in Colorado. So I had to let them "starve" until they got hungry enough to begin eating the grain. Of the 3 I still have two. Ms Blue and Bella and they are some of my favorite ducks. Ms Blue especially. Lilly was killed by a bear.