PDA

View Full Version : How to make sure your house isnt haunted before you buy it

stoic
26-10-2013, 03:02 AM
My dream is to one day own a house with a ton of land that comes with forests, fields, streams, etc. When the time comes I plan to get a medium and a priest to inspect all the land i would own, and find out as much history about the land that i can. does anyone have any other suggestions?

stoic
26-10-2013, 03:20 AM
oh yeah and i'd love to move from the states to ireland, because i love all the fairy folklore and whatnot

desert rat
26-10-2013, 04:17 PM
I would want to get rid of the bad , nasty , critters , leave some of the nice beings , astral critters , ect. A friendly ghost or 3 would be ok with me . I made a post on Pavlina titled friendly ghosts . There are some people that have friendly ghosts and have no problem with them . The old nanny that tucks the kids in bed , the old guy that is just there and does nothing else , ect.

Ladybugskiss
26-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I too have my eye on an old abandoned house outside my neighborhood that I would love to move into and remodle but I can't help but feel there are beings already living there. I feel really pulled to that house so I've been praying bout it. I think your ideas are great and I would love to hear more ideas just invade I'm presented with the same problem.

Ladybugskiss :icon_flower:

desert rat
26-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I am reminded hear of this story . This is a short version of that story . It is said to be a true story . Ever night this lady dreamed of this house , it was exactly what she wanted . Her and her hub. went looking for a new house . They were either not what she wanted or too much money . Then she saw the house that she had been dreaming of . It was exactly as her dreams . They saw a real estate lady just putting up the for sale sine . It was quite cheep for the size . They asked "why so cheep ?" The lady said" well the owner thinks its haunted , ever night she thinks she sees this lady ghost , but you dont believe in ghosts do you ?" Then the owner met the lady and stated " oh my God you are my ghost ." As the story goes the lady was astral projecting to the house during the night .

Ladybugskiss
26-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Wow desert rat! That's an awesome story!

desert rat
26-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Wow desert rat! That's an awesome story!

I read it in an astral projection book , it was on the t.v. show fact of fiction . This is a post I made on another forum .
http://halfway.oceanfalls.org/index.php?topic=2688.0

hannah
29-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Get a dowser in. A lot of hauntings are associated with ley lines.
Ladybugskiss- if you like the house, go for it. They might be friendly ghosts.

SeekerOfSpirit
15-11-2013, 11:08 AM
The haunted places I've been in the atmosphere seems to be much heavier. I did grow up living along side a ghost, but she was a very kind ghost. She would mess with our electrical equipment, but then again she'd always make sure the lights were turned on when we returned home after dark. There was nothing frightening about her at all. She wouldn't actually show herself often, but you could feel her presence.

Going into a home, maybe to an evp session when looking. Ask the realtor to stay outside or in another room while asking your questions. If you like the house, schedule a second showing.

I would imagine the chances of buying a gone with a ghost is pretty slim. I personally would never buy a home that was sitting for years. You can also try and find the history of the home in the library to see if there were any deaths I'm assuming.

Belle
15-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I would clear out any ghosts to be honest, they need to be moved on, they don't belong here, friendly or not.

I clear out my own place with incense and candles to keep spirits away. There is enough in this world without further complications!

blackraven
15-11-2013, 08:47 PM
My dream is to one day own a house with a ton of land that comes with forests, fields, streams, etc. When the time comes I plan to get a medium and a priest to inspect all the land i would own, and find out as much history about the land that i can. does anyone have any other suggestions?

stoic - I understand your reasonings; just wanted to share my experience. I lived in a very old haunted house for 16 years. When I first looked at the house I absolutely felt so unexplainably drawn to it I was obsessed. I'm a pretty level-headed person, but with this house I cried when we were told the basement had some cracked wall issues and we might not get it. I said, "That is my house, I have to move there!" I believe the spirits in that house called upon me to live there. I'm a highly sensitive person and was able to become aware of the houses' restless spirits from the first day we lived there. I've gone into quite a lot of detail on other threads about everything I experienced, but just wanted to say some people are drawn to spirit activity in a property and others are repelled by it.

Blackraven

catlady
16-11-2013, 07:54 AM
as soon as i walked into my house to view it with the estate agent i knew and when i went up the staris i saw the spirit. i said at the time "oh ghosties" which the young estate agent wasnt keen on hearing.since moving in we have 3 trhat tend to reside in our mahusive attic space,they pop down at times to see what we are doing renovating the house. they was around a lot the first few weeks. i did have to explain what our plans where and not to get upset with us ripping out "their" old loved stuff. i have no problems with them. if they wanted my help they know they just have to ask. they do peep through the glass attic skylight and some people do notice3. even my cats look up,which freaks hubby out as it makes it more real if an animal notices them peeping out.