PDA

View Full Version : Spirits communicating through music

Ladybugskiss
24-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I am one to believe spirits can communicate through songs because I have had experience through this and so has my friends. I believe when a random song you haven't even been listening to pops into your head it has meaning of what a love one or someone who needs help is relaying to you, but what do you do when, "what does the fox say," keeps playing in your head over and over again. If you haven't heard the song look it up on youtube. I'm being as serious as I can be right now. I really feel like someone is trying to relay a message to me but this stupid song is confusing me to no end. Any ideas or advice. It would be greatly appreciated.

Ladybugskiss :icon_flower:

Emmalevine
25-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh yes. This happens to me all the time. I always look up the song and also the name of the singer as I often find this relevant.

Greenslade
25-10-2013, 10:56 AM
It's not often I do this but I had to, felt compelled somehow. Do you mean this song? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-fox-lyrics-ylvis.html for the lyrics.

"Youre my guardian angel
Hiding in the woods
What is your sound?"

I'm going to do some guessing here because there's not much to go on, so please excuse me if I get it wrong. I take it you haven't 'met' your Guide? That 'someone' that's trying to communicate is the fox, aka your Guardian Angel.

"The secret of the fox
Ancient mystery"
Somewhere deep in the woods
I know youre hiding
What is your sound?
Will we ever know?
Will always be a mystery
What do you say"

You are the woods where the fox is hiding.

livingkarma
25-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Absolutely!
During my active grief, my deceased husband flooded me with "our" songs as well as those to help me unravel the mysteries & complexities - it was the best support I received & the most helpful ...
Six years later he still sends "our" songs to remind me he's still w/me ... :wink:

Simon_Templar
25-10-2013, 03:36 PM
does anyone also hear music from thin air? when 'hardcore' it can often be someone waiting to relay a message

Ladybugskiss
26-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Hey guys! I'm glad i'm not the only one!!

To Greenslade, yes that's the song. Thanks for trying to interpret! I know it sounds ridiculous. I don't know how true that is but it's certainly something to think about. I tried to go through a psychic to find my guide but I really believe she didn't help at all. Even though she assured me I found my spirit guides I still felt like I was lied to so I've never REALLY connected with my spirit guides. I would love for someone to help me ACTUALLY meet them.

To Livingkarma, That is so beautiful! That sounds so romantic and I'm glad you could get over his death with him. Not most people have that chance.

Greenslade
26-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey guys! I'm glad i'm not the only one!!

To Greenslade, yes that's the song. Thanks for trying to interpret! I know it sounds ridiculous. I don't know how true that is but it's certainly something to think about. I tried to go through a psychic to find my guide but I really believe she didn't help at all. Even though she assured me I found my spirit guides I still felt like I was lied to so I've never REALLY connected with my spirit guides. I would love for someone to help me ACTUALLY meet them.

To Livingkarma, That is so beautiful! That sounds so romantic and I'm glad you could get over his death with him. Not most people have that chance.

You're welcome, Ladybugskissand, isn't that what's happening? The fox isn't saying anything, the fox can't. This one is so apt for the situation. OK, so what are you expecting? If you want your Guide to talk to you one of to things are needed, your Guide needs to be 'solid' so the sound waves can reach your ears or you need to be clairaudient. Since your Guide can't produce sound waves the first one is out, so are you clairaudient, can you hear Spirit? If not then what are the chances of you having that talk? When we start working with our Guides we have to think in a different way and Spirit has to use something different to communicate. There is nothing ridiculous about what's going on at all and it's not the first time I've heard of this, a friend of my swears by it and gets messages through songs all the time. You have your Guide around you, it's you that won't listen.

There's a saying, "If you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit." If you didn't have vocal chords or anything physical, how would you communicate?

Ladybugskiss
26-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Greenslade, if that's the case I fully understand where you are coming from. I can hear spirits or should I say could. They use to be loud in clear until about 3 years ago once I started college. It was very noticeable when it stopped and it has been a big issue for me as well for others. I've tried to meditate but everything becomes jumbled. I've tried using my pendulum to get answers but it seems to not want to answer me correctly. I strongly feel it's because of my chakras. Now, which one I have no idea. What do you think, and what do you think I should do about it?

P.s. I feel compelled to tell you this. This morning when I awoke the m to my laptop had popped off. If you are familiar with a laptop keyboard those suckers are hard to get under to pop off and they don't just pop off by themselves at least the ones to mine have not until now. I'm one to believe in signs as such. Now, whether it's just a coincident or not I'm still concerned over it and what it could possibly mean if anything at all. Your thoughts?

IsleWalker
26-10-2013, 06:39 PM
P.s. I feel compelled to tell you this. This morning when I awoke the m to my laptop had popped off. If you are familiar with a laptop keyboard those suckers are hard to get under to pop off and they don't just pop off by themselves at least the ones to mine have not until now. I'm one to believe in signs as such. Now, whether it's just a coincident or not I'm still concerned over it and what it could possibly mean if anything at all. Your thoughts?

Ladybug--

I had to smile at reading this. If this were me, I would be calling my guide M! I heard once that naming is a form of creativity. It's not that you are making up your guide, but once you sense a presence, you "name" them whatever you want. (They don't really care what name you call them by.)

So, something about a fox and M?? The possibilities are endless! It is a wonderful mystery you've been given. Doesn't everyone love solving mysteries?

As to not being able to "hear" anymore, I think that the throat chakra also controls hearing. I'm sure someone else on the site is more knowledgeable than I. I know that personally I have blockages in the throat chakra (not being heard issues) and I often get popping in my head from someplace in my head behind the ears. I get pressure in my right ear often--like you're almost getting an earache.

I had an experience with The Captain, who does readings and negative energy removal. I had asked her to "read" something that I was not already consciously aware of.

It turned out that when she was attempting to do it, I got horribly loud "internal sound current" [that sound of your own energy that you hear when you are really quiet] and pressure on both ears--both left and right. It was like an assault and went on for about 45 minutes.

I got her reading right after that. I asked her if she encountered resistance in reading me and she said she did.

What I took from this is that we can/do "resist" getting certain information, or being read by certain people--when we feel or our guides feel the information will not be useful to us in the state of mind we're in. So it can be a block of our own energy, a fear, or a legitimate knowing that that person is not good for our own growth.

Does any of this sound (no pun intended) familiar to you?

Lora

Ladybugskiss
26-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Ladybug--

I had to smile at reading this. If this were me, I would be calling my guide M! I heard once that naming is a form of creativity. It's not that you are making up your guide, but once you sense a presence, you "name" them whatever you want. (They don't really care what name you call them by.)

So, something about a fox and M?? The possibilities are endless! It is a wonderful mystery you've been given. Doesn't everyone love solving mysteries?

As to not being able to "hear" anymore, I think that the throat chakra also controls hearing. I'm sure someone else on the site is more knowledgeable than I. I know that personally I have blockages in the throat chakra (not being heard issues) and I often get popping in my head from someplace in my head behind the ears. I get pressure in my right ear often--like you're almost getting an earache.

I had an experience with The Captain, who does readings and negative energy removal. I had asked her to "read" something that I was not already consciously aware of.

It turned out that when she was attempting to do it, I got horribly loud "internal sound current" [that sound of your own energy that you hear when you are really quiet] and pressure on both ears--both left and right. It was like an assault and went on for about 45 minutes.

I got her reading right after that. I asked her if she encountered resistance in reading me and she said she did.

What I took from this is that we can/do "resist" getting certain information, or being read by certain people--when we feel or our guides feel the information will not be useful to us in the state of mind we're in. So it can be a block of our own energy, a fear, or a legitimate knowing that that person is not good for our own growth.

Does any of this sound (no pun intended) familiar to you?

Lora

Yes, everything you have mentioned feels like what I exactly needed to hear! When the psychic tried to tell me of my guides she told me there were 3. Two female and 1 male. Of course I know gender doesn't matter but supposedly this is how they presented themselves to me. she described them and all but something felt off. It didn't feel real or like I connected with anything (as if she was making it up) Then as to let me know their names she asked me what the first name that popped up into my head was for each one. Each name that popped up was a name from someone I already know that is alive and each name are actually names that I really dislike. I don't feel a connection to them at all. No one ever mentioned that they don't care about what their names are and that I could name them anything I want. Your thoughts on the matter?

I do love solving mysteries when it comes to the spiritual life! I get really excited when I think about the new things I could learn! As far as the M and fox thing goes the only thing I can think of is that a friend told me I had a young boy who wanted to talk to me and he was a cat of mine in a previous life and his name was Moon. That's the closest connection I can think of but it doesn't feel right to me. Mainly because a fox is in the dog family and not the cat.

I think your throat chakra idea is spot on really. I too have troubles being heard. I'm always a soft spoken person and I feel like i'm pure yelling to try to get someones attention but people around me say it sounds like i'm normal talking. I also have ear troubles. I feel slight pain deep in them and it always sounds like something is blocking them so I continually clean them with over the counter ear wax removal stuff but it doesn't take long until they sound muffled again. I never had this problem until I had problems spiritually. I also get slight aches in my throat as if i'm bout to get a soar throat but it never progresses into anything.

If it is the throat chakra then what do you suggest to do about it?

IsleWalker
26-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Ladybug--

The throat chakra thing is about more than the literal loudness of your voice. It's more about feeling that your feelings, opinions, thoughts are valued. If you've had important people in your life who didn't value your thoughts or feelings when it was important, that would create a blockage. Same for the ears.

I feel our physical bodies point directly to our spiritual problem areas. It's just as valuable to see what aches/pains/problems you have with your physical body as it is to evaluate your dreams for insights into spiritual problems.

[There's a great little dictionary of physical ailments that points to the underlying emotional/spiritual issue below. It's called Heal Your Body by Louise Hay, if you're interested.]

I can only assume in my own case that the spiritual basis of the physical ear things have to do with me not being willing to hear something that I need to hear/realize. I do feel I am defensively closed to hearing some things. I think we all must feel that the information/criticism that could improve our life--comes from a loving place before we take it onboard.

As to your guide--if you didn't trust the information the psychic gave, throw it out! And trust your own signs and synchronicities to lead you to them. You've been led to "M" --now just let the information sit for a while. I know you're anxious to "know" your guide--we all are. But after many, many little clues/signs--you will begin to "feel" the personality behind the communication.

And gradually you will come to realize that you have always known that personality and that it has always been with you.

It won't (usually won't) happen overnight. Just be patient. Sometimes, even when you "see" them, you might dismiss it.

One day when my daughter was about 7 (now 26), she and my Significant Other were messing with an Ouija board (it was called an Angel board). Yes, I know--not a good idea.

Anyway, I'm in the kitchen doing the dishes and they're goofing around. They make contact with the Malupe (spelled out for them) and they ask is he good or bad--good. And how long has he been around--90 years.

Not until about 14 years later when I did a meditation specifically to meet my guides (I used a John Edward one), I saw this same figure--some indiginous man, long gray hair with strands of it wrapped with leather in the front, bare old brown chest, some leather straps on back.

When I did the meditation, even though they say not to second-guess what you see, to write it all down even if you think you are making it up---I was second-guessing. I was sure I had seen this guy before--maybe a commercial.

I've told this before on SF, but I couldn't find where i'd seen him. I drove 45 minutes to our airport where there is a display of the indigenous people from the island. No--wasn't him.

Finally, a few months later I realized that this was the guy I had seen that many years before.

And as I got more and more contacts (usually in the form of me asking a question and having a "Talking Tree" that squeaked when I walked by (but never when I could see which tree was squeaking), or leaves that fell, or birds that called or an animal that made itself prominent. I would go look up that animal or bird in "Native American dream interpretations" and gradually we began to develop our own "language" of sorts.

I've told this before: At one point I was asking a question and a leaf came floating down. I said, "Really? Is this the best you can do? At least you could have had it hit my head so I'd know it was for me!"

I didn't walk for a couple days and just as I got inside the gate to the interior, this 20-foot tree branch crashed down on the road, the tip of it just glancing the end of my running shoe.

I thought, "Ok--very funny you guys."

So, it doesn't matter if I call him Malupe or M or Dodo, it is the feeling of the communication that matters. And over time it has changed. After a while I felt I had been abandoned, in that I didn't get the signs, the orbs.

But that's all part of it. They progress, we progress. As we "rejoin" their consciousness (by virtue of being physically conscious of their existence), the difference between "us" and "them" disappears. That's why I said I don't spend too much time worrying about that. [Although I do admit that I often just crave the reassurance of their presence.]

So, no, they don't care what you call them. In my case, I remembered the life I shared with this guide when I was in fourth grade. I knew the memory wasn't from this life.

But we have shared many lives, each with a name and a gender. So the name becomes unimportant. You feel through their energy who they are. We each have very unique and unmistakable energy. They always know who we are. We have to train ourselves --or allow ourselves--to know who they are.

I didn't spend much time analyzing the song. But I'm sure if you do and you think about the M -- it will eventually come to you. It might not be the "name" they are communicating to you but something about your life, issues in your life that they want you to be aware of, notice.

Good luck in your journey.

Lora

Ladybugskiss
27-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Thank you so much Lora! You have been a really big help and I will take what you have told to me and meditate and reflect! I look forward to finding the answers one day and to grow spiritually and mentally!

IsleWalker
27-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Oh, BTW Ladybug--

The fox says ringdingdingding dading!

Very deep :D

Lora

Ladybugskiss
27-10-2013, 03:53 AM
HA HA HA!! I told you that the song was stupid and I wasn't sure how I was suppose to get a message out of it! I also tried to listen to it a couple times like you said and now I feel like i'm trying too hard to find a message out of it.

Greenslade
27-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Greenslade, if that's the case I fully understand where you are coming from. I can hear spirits or should I say could. They use to be loud in clear until about 3 years ago once I started college. It was very noticeable when it stopped and it has been a big issue for me as well for others. I've tried to meditate but everything becomes jumbled. I've tried using my pendulum to get answers but it seems to not want to answer me correctly. I strongly feel it's because of my chakras. Now, which one I have no idea. What do you think, and what do you think I should do about it?

Hi Lady

More guesswork here I'm afraid. If you heard voices three years ago then I suspect you have/had a natural clairaudience and with going to college and all of the distractions that's changed. I don't know much about chakras but there are those on the forum that can give you specific guidance there. You "Strongly feel it's because of your chakras" and "You feel compelled" to tell me this. That suggests a 'sixth sense' at least, whether that's you listening to your instincts or clairsentience is anybody's guess at the moment, but the connection is still there. And yes, your keyboard popping off would make me wonder. And you're "still concerned" so your Guide isn't that far away. Sometimes Spirit can use 'carrots' to see if we'll follow, and if you believe that's a sign then it's more than likely it is.

What I would try there is 'ghost writing'. Fire up your word processor, clear your mind and type from your feelings. It doesn't matter if it's not good enough for anyone else to see, just let it all flow and see what happens. If your pendulum and meditation aren't working and your keyboard is popping off, maybe it's time to try something different. If that doesn't work don't get too despondent, at least it's telling Spirit that you're making the attempt. It may take a little time or blind alleys so results might not be immediate but stick with it. And stop worrying about it because that will only cloud things. You haven't lost it, it's just changed. Have fun.
I also tried to listen to it a couple times like you said and now I feel like i'm trying too hard to find a message out of it.
There's that 'feel' word again.

Ladybugskiss
28-10-2013, 04:50 AM
Hey Greenslade

Thank you for replying to my posts! I feel so refreshed reading them because it's like all my questions are being answered. Just reading it makes me realize what I was missing and it's as if it was dangling in front of my face and I should have seen it but did not. I still don't have all the answers I need for the signs I have been presented with but reading your posts gives me a new outlook on it so maybe I can approach it differently!

p.s. Last night there was a distinct knock on my window like someone took the tip of their fingernail and hit the window hard twice. It literally scared me and my cats. If it were a person I think they would knock more than that or at least tried to get my attention more so than that and there are no trees or anything of such around the front of my house (where my room window is located) so I do not believe anything hit it. I'm not sure what it is and I have heard if you hear a knock at any entrance do not open it unless you know what is knocking because that can let any unwanted spirits in. I'm not sure what it really was and it was late at night so I wasn't about to try to figure it out. What are your thoughts because it unnerves me.

IsleWalker
28-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Ladybug--

Have you heard of hypnagogic sounds? It happens to many people when they are attempting to project, but since you are a natural at it, it may just happen spontaneously.

It's when you hear sounds, words, your name called, bells--really anything. It's just your mind testing your body if it's really asleep or vice versa. When we attempt to override our own mechanisms and get mind awake/body asleep, it really shows up.

It can be pretty scary, as your own mind is attempting to create things that will make you react. I have gotten footsteps in the room, sound of phones that don't exist, people calling my name, etc. Often, they don't have deep meaning.

Nothing to fear, really. Just a test to get you to move.

Lora

Greenslade
28-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Greenslade

Thank you for replying to my posts! I feel so refreshed reading them because it's like all my questions are being answered. Just reading it makes me realize what I was missing and it's as if it was dangling in front of my face and I should have seen it but did not. I still don't have all the answers I need for the signs I have been presented with but reading your posts gives me a new outlook on it so maybe I can approach it differently!

p.s. Last night there was a distinct knock on my window like someone took the tip of their fingernail and hit the window hard twice. It literally scared me and my cats. If it were a person I think they would knock more than that or at least tried to get my attention more so than that and there are no trees or anything of such around the front of my house (where my room window is located) so I do not believe anything hit it. I'm not sure what it is and I have heard if you hear a knock at any entrance do not open it unless you know what is knocking because that can let any unwanted spirits in. I'm not sure what it really was and it was late at night so I wasn't about to try to figure it out. What are your thoughts because it unnerves me.

Hi Ladybug

You're very welcome. Sometimes we all need someone to point out what is in front of our noses and often a different perspective helps. We could all probably say 'I should have seen that' if we thought about it. That's the fun of the interaction. And answers are often what we make them.

IsleWalker has some good insight there as well, sometimes there is 'something there' and sometimes just the mind playing tricks. That's something to be aware of as well, it's easy to create a whole world where there are so many spooky things going on. Discernment is a pretty good tool to practice with.

So let's look at this with a little common sense. If your room window is on the ground floor it may be kids trying to scare you, it is coming up for Halloween and it's the kind of thing that kids would do. If it scared your cats as well, chances are it's not just in your mind. Some serious deja vu has kicked in here. Weird. It could be one of three things. When people start opening up to these things it's like a lighthouse to Spirits and they home in. The other possibility is that it could be Spirit/Guide 'testing you out' if you like. It's not always a bad thing and there are always solid reasons behind it. The other possibility is that it's you projecting. If it unnerves you then it's worth thinking about protecting yourself. Not a necessity, no need for paranoia, just for your own comfort. It's something I've never done, but not because I've never needed to. I have faith in the Spirit around me and myself so protection for me has never been an issue. There are those that, if you feel so moved to protect yourself, could give you solid advice on the best way to do that. If there was a Spirit knocking and they didn't come in, that's points in your favour. That suggests that the Spirit needed your permission to enter. What I would do personally is try to get past the unnerving, relax and try to understand what I was feeling. If you sense a Spirit there then ask yourself what it is you sense from them. If you are not comfortable then tell them that - literally. If you do feel comfortable then the rest is up to you, but always remember that you have the strength to send them on their way if you feel the need to. Simple common sense is usually the best protection you have.

I think the next step is to sit down and go through the experience in the cold light of retrospect and try and work out what your feelings were/are. Is your projecting/imagination running away with you? It's something to think about and no, I'm not saying you're crazy. But you'd never believe how many times that's happened, or people have convinced themselves that there's more to it. Is there a neighbourhood cat that likes to jump onto window sills in the dead of night? Seriously, that might well be all it is. If there is a malevolent Spirit on the loose then their knocking should tell you something, and not allowing any old Spirit in is good advice. It could also be a 'good Spirit' testing you out, to see how you're going to react.

Take your time, take a deep breath and listen to yourself, your inner feelings. Don't forget common sense and don't get too carried away. Unnerving means a touch of fear so that's coming into the mix a little as well, but there's nothing wrong with fear as long as it's held in context. I doubt your Guide will allow things to get too out of hand, so you've got someone on your side after all. A good reason for you to to find a way to communicate?

Ladybugskiss
29-10-2013, 12:43 AM
IsleWalker,

Good advice! I've never even heard of that but it certainly does make sense. But I have to ask, what do you mean by it trying to get you to move? Do you mean physically or mentally? Because it certainly did make me want to move physically! Ha, ha!

Greenslade,

I appreciate your advice as well. Once again i'm thinking, "How did I miss that?!" I certainly do have a few things to think over. I'm not sure of what it actually was and like you said it could be anything! I can't help to lean more to the spiritual answers because of some happenings lately but I will keep my mind open to the fact that it could just as easily be something simple. I do feel like someone is trying to get in touch with me (not necessarily because of that happening). I may try that protection thing only as a precaution because I have had unnerving dreams lately when I hardly ever have bad dreams. I also do trust my spirit guide and I can even kinda feel them right now. It's sorta a tingly feeling and it feels strong. Is it my spirit guide i'm feeling?

IsleWalker
29-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Ladybug--

Well, in my experience, I'd wake up rested and try to stay physically still and alert (but not too alert). After a while, your body wants you to scratch this, move that, tickle this. After you pass that phase, you just have to swallow or you feel like you'll drown.

Likewise, if the body is still, suddenly the mind says, 'Oh--hear those footsteps! Someone is coming!" in order to get you to move your body so that it can confirm that you are not really asleep. Because the physical body is designed to make sure you don't move during sleep (i.e. acting out dreams), we have to overcome that. And then we're dragging our waking consciousness along, which is so much more fearful than our higher consciousness that totally knows how to navigate through many dimensions.

It's amazing how resourceful our own brains can be. I would hear a cat screeching and then worry about my own cats and pull myself out of meditation. Or I'd hear my cell phone ring (but it really didn't). It's a game of cat-and-mouse! Until you get the game and can calm yourself through the normal reactions to those things, it can screw up OBE attempts (although you may not have these problems).

Lora

Lora

Greenslade
29-10-2013, 08:56 AM
IsleWalker,

Good advice! I've never even heard of that but it certainly does make sense. But I have to ask, what do you mean by it trying to get you to move? Do you mean physically or mentally? Because it certainly did make me want to move physically! Ha, ha!

Greenslade,

I appreciate your advice as well. Once again i'm thinking, "How did I miss that?!" I certainly do have a few things to think over. I'm not sure of what it actually was and like you said it could be anything! I can't help to lean more to the spiritual answers because of some happenings lately but I will keep my mind open to the fact that it could just as easily be something simple. I do feel like someone is trying to get in touch with me (not necessarily because of that happening). I may try that protection thing only as a precaution because I have had unnerving dreams lately when I hardly ever have bad dreams. I also do trust my spirit guide and I can even kinda feel them right now. It's sorta a tingly feeling and it feels strong. Is it my spirit guide i'm feeling?

Hi Ladybug

To me everything is Spiritual. Think about it, inside you there's a Spirit on a human Journey and even if all of this is in your head, Spirit will gain something from that. Spirit is inside you having a Journey, sharing your experiences. Your dreams could well be your subconscious working through this so it's little wonder they're bad. Maybe once this has been resolved they may get better.

That tingly feeling may well be a reaction to Spirit. My wife gets cold legs. I get tingles all the way down my back, like an army of insects are crawling around. Sometimes it feels as though they've taken hold of my spine and given it a hard tug or a gut feeling. That's usually my first sign that I have visitors. Spirit is energy, as are we so it's no surprise we would react in a certain way. If you kinda feel them and you used to hear them, that would suggest to me that your clairaudience (your hearing them) is turning to clairsentience. There could be any number of answers to this one at the moment but keeping an open mind and not getting too caught up with anything in particular would be the way forward. The trick is often to be aware and have common sense, getting caught up in the 'spooky, scary Spirit is out to get me' isn't going to help. The question to ask yourself is when things are going bump in the night, what do you feel?

If you're not going to feel too self-conscious and you feel that someone is trying to get in touch with you, say it out loud. Say "hello", "I felt that" or "come talk to me". It's a brain training exercise and can help.

Have fun:smile:

Ladybugskiss
29-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Islewalker,

Oh, I get what your saying! I do have those problems. So what your saying is to acknowledge it, right? Or did I completely miss something cause I have the feeling that I did lol.

Greenslade,

That sensation you explain is really close to what I felt. It felt like it was in my core tugging hard. So does that mean I had a visitor? Or, could it mean something entirely different for me and I just have to figure it out? And what is the difference between clairaudience and clairsentience? Also, not in particular the 'spooky, scary spirit is out to get me' as you described but the heavy feeling like someone is watching me. Should I try to greet them too? I have always felt it in my house but it has never done anything to me so I'm not sure why it unnerves me. I feel like if I contact it that it wouldn't do anything but I wonder if it really matters if I contact it seeing as it hasn't really tried to mess with me. Or is that heavy feeling it's way of trying to contact me... UGH! I think too much on these things ha ha! Sorry for being so difficult.

IsleWalker
29-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Ladybug---

It's more like just to expect weird things like that to happen and not get too rattled by it so you don't interrupt your experience.

But it could have been an actual experience by *someone else*. Only you will know for sure over time.

Lora

Greenslade
30-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Islewalker,

Oh, I get what your saying! I do have those problems. So what your saying is to acknowledge it, right? Or did I completely miss something cause I have the feeling that I did lol.

Greenslade,

That sensation you explain is really close to what I felt. It felt like it was in my core tugging hard. So does that mean I had a visitor? Or, could it mean something entirely different for me and I just have to figure it out? And what is the difference between clairaudience and clairsentience? Also, not in particular the 'spooky, scary spirit is out to get me' as you described but the heavy feeling like someone is watching me. Should I try to greet them too? I have always felt it in my house but it has never done anything to me so I'm not sure why it unnerves me. I feel like if I contact it that it wouldn't do anything but I wonder if it really matters if I contact it seeing as it hasn't really tried to mess with me. Or is that heavy feeling it's way of trying to contact me... UGH! I think too much on these things ha ha! Sorry for being so difficult.

Actually, it's been a long time since I travelled this Path so it's quite refreshing, so you're not being so difficult after all.

The feeling of someone watching you would make sense considering what's happening around you. There are no rules to this one and usually the best thing you can do is use your discernment and be aware of what's happening. I think the reason the presence is so unnerving right now is because you're wary, it's unfamiliar territory to you. It doesn't have to be a bad thing though because there's so much potential for growth.

Sometimes the definitions differ depending on who you're talking to but this is how it was taught to me during my development classes. Clair means clear and there are three - voyant, audient and sentient. Voyant is seeing, audient is hearing and sentient is sensing. The three of them involves a direct Spirit connection, so when you're using one of them you're going via Spirit. Psychic is different because it's more about the intuition and what you're getting from the person. You talk about your feelings so it sounds like you're clairsentient. It can work slightly different with some people, but I get this inner feeling and I just know. I think your heavy feeling is your reaction to the energies, as is your tingles. It could be them trying to contact you but it also could be them just watching you to see what you respond to and how. I would guess that somewhere inside you there's something they're trying to draw out. The feeling that someone is watching and the tingles sound like two different reactions to their energies, the watching might be more of a distant presence and the tingles more direct contact. It could be to strengthen your clairsentience and also your confidence, as well as the connection. If you're reacting the contact has been made, what's next is the communication.

Go with your instincts first and foremost. If you feel comfortable then fine but always be at least on the alert until such time as you have 100% trust. Spirit will understand that. If you feel you should greet them then by all means do so, but always practice discernment. Blind faith isn't always a great idea. If they haven't tried to mess with you then it's a step in the right direction at least. Other than that, it's your experience and relationship with them so make it what you will. Sometimes you don't know what's going to happen until it does.

Ladybugskiss
30-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Isle Walker,

Okay, I got it now. I actually expect it to happen and instead of being rattled by it I acknowledge it in my mind but I do not react. Does that make sense? And I want you and Greenslade both to know as soon as I typed that last sentence a very loud pop happened near by me (not really sure where it came from) and it made me and my cat both jump. I did acknowledge it and that it happened but i'm not going to jump to conclusions saying it was this or that. :)

Greenslade,

Whew, that's good! I have a bad habit of asking too many questions when something isn't clicking to me. I have to agree with you on the wary idea. I am a bit nervous about taking that step into the unknown but I do believe it is the first step from baby steps and I agree it will help me grow.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I understand now. So, you said if i'm reacting the contact has been made and next is the communication. How do you communicate? I always just asked, "what do you want?" and it has worked as far as them trying to tell me what they want but where I get confused is when they try to explain it to me. It never fails, it always comes out all jumbled in my head and I get frustrated (and I know they do too) trying to interpret what they are saying. Any ideas?

As far as being on the alert issue could I always just ask my spirit guide to protect me when coming in contact with any spirit? Or is that not necessary

Thanks,

IsleWalker
30-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Ladybug--

What I was talking about was during OBEs or astral projections. If this stuff is happening all the time during your "normal life"--then you were probably right--something is happening!!

Maybe just ignore the previous. My bad.:icon_eek:

Lora

Ladybugskiss
30-10-2013, 02:01 AM
Lol! Its okay Islewalker but now i'm just confused.

IsleWalker
30-10-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm not saying anymore--I'm making it worse! You were prolly right the whole time! You did hear the tapping. But I have no idea what/who it was!

I'm just shuttin' up!! lol.

Lora

Ladybugskiss
30-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Oh! Yes, I did certainly hear the tapping. It was loud enough to catch both of my cats attentions. Lol! I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. You are completely fine :P

Greenslade
02-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Greenslade,

Whew, that's good! I have a bad habit of asking too many questions when something isn't clicking to me. I have to agree with you on the wary idea. I am a bit nervous about taking that step into the unknown but I do believe it is the first step from baby steps and I agree it will help me grow.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I understand now. So, you said if i'm reacting the contact has been made and next is the communication. How do you communicate? I always just asked, "what do you want?" and it has worked as far as them trying to tell me what they want but where I get confused is when they try to explain it to me. It never fails, it always comes out all jumbled in my head and I get frustrated (and I know they do too) trying to interpret what they are saying. Any ideas?

As far as being on the alert issue could I always just ask my spirit guide to protect me when coming in contact with any spirit? Or is that not necessary

Thanks,
Hi Ladybug

You're very welcome.

How do you communicate? That's the fun part, something that I can't work out for you. It's already happening with music so it could ne that way. A friend of mine has communication through music, she gets messages and something clicks inside and she knows what she has to do or what message to pass on. Just be open to any feelings or random thoughts, they may not be so random after all. Another way is meditation. In my 'early days' of communicating with Spirit I would sit down at the same time every night and light a candle, then just spend the time with them. Sometimes I'd get a pendulum out or tarot cards, whatever I felt was needed. Sometimes I'd just sit and let my mind wander and see what came up. Are there development classes near you? The other option is what they call ghost writing, just sit down with pen and paper and write down anything that comes to mind. Let them guide your hand. What you do need to do though is to clear your mind as much as you can before you try any of the above or anything else. And of course you could ask your Guide how to communicate.

If you feel you need your Guide's protection hen by all means ask, they'll understand. And if you're communicating with another Spirit you could also ask your guide to be there for you, to help out if needed. They'll be happy with that. Oh, and Guides more often than not have infinite patience.