PDA

View Full Version : tarot spread inquiry

noxoid
22-10-2013, 01:21 AM
In a sqaure, from top left to bottom right, I draw:

4. The Emporer, Princess of Disks, 20. The Aeon, 15. The Devil

Overall card: 13. Death

Typically I do not ask the cards a specific question.

Deck is Aleister Crowley's Thoth deck

LadyTerra
22-10-2013, 09:50 AM
In a sqaure, from top left to bottom right, I draw:

4. The Emporer, Princess of Disks, 20. The Aeon, 15. The Devil

Overall card: 13. Death

Typically I do not ask the cards a specific question.

Deck is Aleister Crowley's Thoth deck

Greetings Noxoid:

When you ask no specific question--then there can be no specific answer.

If these Cards have some bearing on your life and current situation--or (perhaps) someone you know--then only you will be able to determine it.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

Beckey Sedai
22-10-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't agree that you have to ask a specific question.
Sometimes I want to know something specific. Sometimes I just let the Universe, my spirit guides, or my intuition show what I need to see at the moment.

Though, when not asking a specific question I think you have to expect a more open vague response. Needing to really let your intuition guide what you feel the cards are telling you.

As for this spread. What I see is a need for material security. Of course beware that it doesn't turn into material gain for no purpose, but you also shouldn't be afraid to want some sort of connection to the material/earthly world. You already know inside what you need to do, you just have to accept it. Take charge of the decisions you are making and it's time to move forward. Embracing the changes that come and sticking with your decisions you should start seeing progress.
And of course, the overall card of Death showing the time has come for a significant change in your life. Endings and Beginnings.

Don't know if any of that resonates with you. Hopefully it helped some.

LadyTerra
22-10-2013, 08:57 PM
When we use Divination Tools of any kind it is advisable to keep in mind that we are reaching out to the Others and not all of the Others are benevolent.

It is wise to be in a protective Circle--or a place that serves as a Sanctuary.

It is wise to do the Reading in the name of whatever Deity--or Guardian--you know is looking out for you.

It is wise to direct the Reading by asking a question--so that the message will be more specific and more easily divined.

Otherwise--it is possible for anyone to come forth and say anything they wish--even things that might not be true--in order to misdirect you.

This is just my humble opinion--based upon (32) years of experience with many different forms of divination.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Pamuya
30-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Have been reading for over four decades, the question is the most important part of the reading, have never done a reading without my client asking a clear and direct question.

tealily
30-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Both my teacher and I occasionally don't ask questions - when this happens I trust the universe or guides to reveal what's pertinent (general reading). I do have a tendency to ask "hey, can I have a general reading for ____?" though :)

Neville
27-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Forgive the thread necromancy,

All guesswork on my part , but my impressions are.

Restrictions in the form of rules and regulations are to you a real and significant bind, your desire for freedom is often feeling hindered by the way in which you see you are expected to conform to societal norms, this influence is passing though , as witnessed by the final card.