PDA

View Full Version : Biorhythms

blackraven
20-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Do you believe that biorhythms actually affect your cognitive, physical, mental and emotional state of mind? I studied biorhythms way back in high school and my conclusion of this phenomenon (for lack of better word) was it was rubbish. But recent events have me rethinking that attitude. Have you ever tried to pick up where you left off with a skill set only to find it’s not only rusty, but also temporarily gone? Even if it’s something you formerly were quite accomplished at, aren’t there days when you just can’t seem to do anything right? It’s as if you never had any awareness or skill set previously. Nothing happens any longer within the parameters of previous knowledge, education, training, practice, etc. Even spirituality can hit such a roadblock. With spirituality it’s as though trying to connect with something that formerly worked or was soothing to the soul is abyss. I don’t know where I’m going with this. Just having a funky day I suppose. :confused:

Your comments are important to me.

Blackraven

Silver
20-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Hello Blackraven.

Im not even sure what biorhythms are -- but like a lot of other things, I think it's affected by our state of mind -- perhaps mindfulness plays a big role -- it's what I suspect, anyway.

Actually, it's said that even our muscles have memory and that if you learn something physical -- any sport or yoga, etc., can be brought back in full after years away from it. I think it must be like a happy memory - or even a tragic one - either way.

Anything about the brain or psychology I find especially interesting.

Saggi
20-10-2013, 04:40 AM
Everything has a life span,,,

It could just simply be that the way it was used is not necessary anymore and that there's an opening that isn't quite open enough yet to reveal what the next steps are,,,

Anything can affect anything and for anything that can, it seems to have a cycle of some sort,,,

If biorhythms is calling out to you, see what the 'nurturing days' bring,,,

If it's only for you to recognize that you need to nurture, it's served its purpose,,,

Anything else,,, well, it's yours to discover,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

silent whisper
20-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Do you believe that biorhythms actually affect your cognitive, physical, mental and emotional state of mind? I studied biorhythms way back in high school and my conclusion of this phenomenon (for lack of better word) was it was rubbish. But recent events have me rethinking that attitude. Have you ever tried to pick up where you left off with a skill set only to find it’s not only rusty, but also temporarily gone? Even if it’s something you formerly were quite accomplished at, aren’t there days when you just can’t seem to do anything right? It’s as if you never had any awareness or skill set previously. Nothing happens any longer within the parameters of previous knowledge, education, training, practice, etc. Even spirituality can hit such a roadblock. With spirituality it’s as though trying to connect with something that formerly worked or was soothing to the soul is abyss. I don’t know where I’m going with this. Just having a funky day I suppose. :confused:

Your comments are important to me.

Blackraven

The nature of cycles and rhythms are essential to alligning oneself to natures cycles and rhythms. My feeling with this is the deeper you awaken to your own essential nature and clear out the blocks and emotions that interfere with ones natural flow, the more *sensitive* you become to those natural rhythms that call to allign to your mind body and spirit. The more we evolve, the more we are being called back to those natural rhythms that may be distorted with other elements that have shifted within.

Often trying to pick up where one left off, requires integration of other levels, so listening and alligning to those rhythms can help..:)

Its like the more of *you* you strip away that no longer serves, the more in tune you become to the natural self..

I may not be on the same page as you here, but thought I would share anyway..

Great funky thoughts Blackraven.

blackraven
20-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello Blackraven.

Im not even sure what biorhythms are -- but like a lot of other things, I think it's affected by our state of mind -- perhaps mindfulness plays a big role -- it's what I suspect, anyway.

Actually, it's said that even our muscles have memory and that if you learn something physical -- any sport or yoga, etc., can be brought back in full after years away from it. I think it must be like a happy memory - or even a tragic one - either way.

Anything about the brain or psychology I find especially interesting.

Hi Silvergirl – Mindfulness is an interesting way of looking at this. To me being mindful is being totally in without distraction of even the subconscious tugging at you. That would make perfect sense to me because it seems sometimes there is internal struggles or chatter going on that one is unaware of when trying to do or be something formerly proficient at. Even coming to a spiritual roadblock I would think there is distractions around that could be in any form even just simply being tired or in poor spirits. Thank you for your input, Silvergirl.

Blackraven

blackraven
20-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Everything has a life span,,,

It could just simply be that the way it was used is not necessary anymore and that there's an opening that isn't quite open enough yet to reveal what the next steps are,,,

Anything can affect anything and for anything that can, it seems to have a cycle of some sort,,,

If biorhythms is calling out to you, see what the 'nurturing days' bring,,,

If it's only for you to recognize that you need to nurture, it's served its purpose,,,

Anything else,,, well, it's yours to discover,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Saggi - I agree that everything has a cycle and perhaps if I wait this period out the cycle will come full circle and I'll find myself back where I want to be or perhaps even in a fully different and improved state. I believe I need to look at my frustration with this and identify where there are roadblocks too. Understanding cyclical rhythms gives hope. Who knows, maybe something formerly present will not come back at all, but will be replaced with something far greater. I can't hold myself prisoner to what once was because maybe what was served me well during a different phase of life. Thanks for the reminder that all things occur in cycles, Saggi.

Blackraven

blackraven
20-10-2013, 06:50 PM
The nature of cycles and rhythms are essential to alligning oneself to natures cycles and rhythms. My feeling with this is the deeper you awaken to your own essential nature and clear out the blocks and emotions that interfere with ones natural flow, the more *sensitive* you become to those natural rhythms that call to allign to your mind body and spirit. The more we evolve, the more we are being called back to those natural rhythms that may be distorted with other elements that have shifted within.

Often trying to pick up where one left off, requires integration of other levels, so listening and alligning to those rhythms can help..:)

Its like the more of *you* you strip away that no longer serves, the more in tune you become to the natural self..

I may not be on the same page as you here, but thought I would share anyway..

Great funky thoughts Blackraven.

SW - I think what you talk about above is essential to the heart of the matter. I hadn't thought that in trying to pick up where I left off I'd need to go through integration of other levels. Those other levels are deep emotions that won't permit me to enjoy things like I did in the past or to even have the skill set. In listening to the deep roadblocks that stand in front of me I have to face those emotions and give myself permission to move past them. Those emotions don't serve me any longer and holding onto them just keeps me in a stagnant state. So in order to tune into my natural self I have to feel, forgive, forget and move on. Then perhaps my genuine self will return once again and I will be fully integrated. Wise words as always, SW. Thanks for your input.

Blackraven

Belle
20-10-2013, 07:01 PM
errrrrr -what are biorhythms .....

blackraven
20-10-2013, 10:01 PM
errrrrr -what are biorhythms .....

Hi Belle. The below web site does a better job explaining biorhythms better than me.

http://www.degraeve.com/bio.php

Blackraven

silent whisper
20-10-2013, 10:29 PM
SW - I think what you talk about above is essential to the heart of the matter. I hadn't thought that in trying to pick up where I left off I'd need to go through integration of other levels. Those other levels are deep emotions that won't permit me to enjoy things like I did in the past or to even have the skill set. In listening to the deep roadblocks that stand in front of me I have to face those emotions and give myself permission to move past them. Those emotions don't serve me any longer and holding onto them just keeps me in a stagnant state. So in order to tune into my natural self I have to feel, forgive, forget and move on. Then perhaps my genuine self will return once again and I will be fully integrated. Wise words as always, SW. Thanks for your input.

Blackraven

Hi Blackraven
Thanks for sharing.

I guess once your become aware of your own biorhythms, embrace them, nuture them/you in whatever calls from within you, you really dont even have to know what those rhythms are, you are simply honouring all of you as *whole*, and then its just about honouring yourself in what ever your *heart* calls you to engage in for your own life.

I wonder at times if people who are blocked in some way, simply need to look at change of direction in those rhythms, you neglecting one aspect of yourself, staying stuck in something that was last months rhythm..:wink:

I guess in looking at the whole in this, I have seen myself journey through the biorhythm cycles, the more integrated I am through them, the more open I am to the changes in those cycles as they come. I actually feel the shift in me now naturally, but only because I am not blocking, the flow of any cycle.

Being fully open to allow it all I think is the key.

I look at these cycles also in a way where we are alligning with the essence of our *whole* self, exploring our *whole* nature, not getting stagnant in one area of our life, or limitiing our own expansion.

I guess the physical cycle of stepping out is hard for many, its easier at times to stay put in the emotions or spiritual cycle..because it doesnt always require one to move physcially out into the world..but that is life, if we wish to expand and enjoy fully the natural cycles it does become a part of it all.