PDA

View Full Version : The dark night of the soul.

A peaceful mind.
06-10-2013, 07:57 PM
The dark night of the soul.

Since I can see that one way or another I will go this phase I would like to hear your experiences with this phase of spiritual stage. I have some information on this.. but if you have some excelent information on this I would love to see it..
Plz.. share.. I would love to hear how you experienced this.

Yours

With peace and love from me to you

Yours

A peaceful Mind

Ivy
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
If you expect this, you will make it happen. I don't understand why you would want to experience the feelings people attribute to this?

SpiritCarrier
06-10-2013, 08:34 PM
If this is your view I agree with Meadows, you will make it happen. The darker side of spirit is not something someone should aspire to. Why not try to see the good side, the light. Try to bathe in its purity and overcome the dark cravings that you feel drawing you towards its path. If you allow yourself to walk the path of darkness it will be very hard to come back from it.

Just saying it is not something you want, it is something you think you must experience. This is not true.

Peace and Light be yours,
SC

froebellian
06-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Not everyone goes through the DNOS, some do not 'finish' and may have more or resist it..

Here are my thoughts;
http://theodorealvin.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/dark-night-of-the-soul-a-spiritual-depression/

samantha
06-10-2013, 08:47 PM
In my experience the best way to describe it was like being in the biggest, deepest dark whole imaginable. I felt like part of me died. I felt disconnected from everything, nothing felt normal, nothing had meaning infact probably everything felt meaningless. I couldnt make sense of anything, couldnt make sense of life. I didnt know what was happening to me i would think i was really depressed but somehow i knew it was much deeper, something told me that this was something that i couldnt control it was happening and i had to let it take over and do what it has to do. I cant remember how long it lasted, a few month anyway. When i started to come out of this everything started to change but it changed slowly, that was 2 yrs ago and im still growing and still changing. When i look back it is like i had been walking around with my eyes closed before it and now they are open. Its an experience i wouldnt like to go through again.

silent whisper
06-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Since I can see that one way or another I will go this phase I would like to hear your experiences with this phase of spiritual stage. I have some information on this.. but if you have some excelent information on this I would love to see it..

Yours

Yours

A peaceful Mind

Regardless of whether you do or do not walk through this space, building an understanding for you or for others around you is a wonderful way to explore through others sharing. I recall before I entered this one of my own, I had much preparation over a long period of time, the journey I had already walked and the healing of the past I had done before it occured prepared me enough to not lose complete hope or go crazy, so its good your trusting to reach out and build awarness, it will serve this space your reaching regarless of how your life directs this experience for you...... The crisis of faith and stepping into complete trust of spirit was probably the most intense and deeper level of healing I have faced...

My own dark night of the soul, one that occured a few years ago, I would consider more in line with a spiritual dark night/awakening, was the point where I had both crisis of faith and deep sense of abandonement from god. It was also a manifestation from the merging of realities, where I was immersed fully with spirit and this reality, through a seperation of viewing and experiencing as one. When my world collided with spirit, what unfolded was all aspects of myself out of allignement with spirit were amplified.. I felt alone and abandanded during this walk, because my faith was being tested over and over. My fears were amplified and I had to bear witness to a reality that manifested those fears in heightened ways. Their was sense of my mind being cleaned out, spiritual intervention day and night. It was confusing and difficult as their was no understanding, just a taking one step at a time, not being overcome with fear and holding on to what little light there was. I walked through some major points of surrender during this walk and I was pushed into the deeper recesses of my conditioned mind and fears, until I was done..

Through this walk, I did eventually surrender to my fear of death, fearing that I was dying through this experience, so it lead me to the moment where I did eventually surrender to death..from that moment, it ended...and I was alive. :)

This particular dark night occurred over a period of four months at an intense level of surrender and healing.

In many ways for me it was about moving into a deeper level of purpose one with spirit....I see that now.

A peaceful mind.
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
If I expect this ? it's a choice.. I do not need to expect this for it to happen.

I have no intentions to experience what people have experienced duo to their experienced concerning this spiritual stage.. I want to compare it with what I have experienced many years ago.

I am not going to walk the path of darkens and I do not see the Dark night of the soul as a path of darkness.. It's a spiritual transformation...

I do not feel drawn to any dark cravings?? I seek information.. and to compeer what I have experienced in the past with other peopleĀ“s experiences with the dark night of the soul.

I thank you for what you have shared.. I have experienced things that is much similar to what you have described.

With peace and love, from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

livingkarma
06-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Not everyone goes through the DNOS, some do not 'finish' and may have more or resist it..

Here are my thoughts;
http://theodorealvin.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/dark-night-of-the-soul-a-spiritual-depression/

Good link! :thumbsup:

"The Dark night of the Soul should be called the dark period of the soul as it rarely lasts a night, it happens with no warning and despite all the spiritual gifts and faith you have, suddenly you are filled with pain, loneliness, despair and confusion."

It is also called "darkest hour" ...

The word "happens" implies it was not manifested ...

We all have different beliefs; we connect to those w/shared beliefs ... :wav:

whitelotus
07-10-2013, 01:21 AM
hey APM,

with all that pain ,loneliness,despair,confusion..people leaving me....
one more thing that was there was
LOSS OF GOD(as described in the link below)
http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/preview.aspx?id=253

for me it was like I cannot breathe.....from the very young age...i had lot of friends...........but my real friend was GOD
i always felt the presence.....i knew he was there...................

but suddenly i felt as if he has abandoned me......................no where to go...... i was shattered.......... i was too young for all this to understand....
in those days...........i never heard something like "dark night of soul".........
but now i know what it was......i don't remember for how much time it lasted ...initially may be two years............then somehow i compromised..........with this....but my relation with GOD was never the same.....i had doubts...fear..............abt him. i could not trust him......but had no choice........because...i was unable to abandon him......may a times i though i can live without the feeling his thre or just ignore him.....
for many years i chose not to pray...............( if i remember correctly it was years)

then.........again something happened ...and all i had was him...............
this time....he was standing right with...me all through it.......
and i realized......he was always there even when i thought he abandoned me.....
from last four years i have been struggling with life..with every sphere of my life...and every relation in my life...............
but only he is there..............

I am not sure if my dark night has completely ended.....but i know...it came in to my life so that i can understand light.........
it breaks you into pieces......and test u every single moment....
tests you faith,challenges your beliefs.......
but the lessons you learn during this time.....are invaluable....
you know real side of people around you...

this is was from my experience.........

thanks
whitelotus

silent whisper
07-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Good link! :thumbsup:

"The Dark night of the Soul should be called the dark period of the soul as it rarely lasts a night, it happens with no warning and despite all the spiritual gifts and faith you have, suddenly you are filled with pain, loneliness, despair and confusion."

It is also called "darkest hour" ...

The word "happens" implies it was not manifested ...

We all have different beliefs; we connect to those w/shared beliefs ... :wav:

Night most likely represents the shadow side of self...:)

Natasha
07-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Its very moving to read these posts because when you are in it you can't believe anyone else can feel the way you are during this faze.

I imagine it will have a different flavour for everyone and be very individual. Before I fell into this I had an incredible bliss for a while, but my dark lasted about 2 years and ended a year ago now. I felt much like what others have said, dispair, pain and a loss of self. I felt completely abandoned by God, I felt a loneliness that I could never have imagined and that lasted for the entire 2 years. There were points through this time where I felt confused, I didnt know if I was just losing my mind but there was always a nagging knowingness deep within that knew I was getting "cleared" of all the junk to make way for something else, but I was literally clinging on with my fingernails to get through this time of my life.

I isolated myself, I scared my friends and my family as no one knew or understood what was happening. I didnt want to be here as such and was deeply connected to spirit, I was having all sorts of spiritual experiences, but it was all muddled up in so much other stuff that I was frightened of what was happening and full of fear. There were days where I would cry on end or sit in my room. I found solace in reading spiritual books going to spiritual churches and trying to find a spiritual community but really its only you that gets you through in the end. It feels bad but you get through it.

I wouldnt even dwell on it though, I'm glad it hit me in a way without too much warning. When you are in it, you have to get on with it and its your own inner strength that gets you through.

Since it subsided I have changed and I'm changing constantly. There is a peace and lightness within and an effortlessness to life which I never knew existed. I'd agree with a previous post which says before its is like having your eyes shut and when you open them again (after the dark faze) life is just....life and its beautiful. My spiritual fire weirdly stopped. I felt connected to people and life again.

A human Being
07-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of the phrase 'dark night of the soul,' because there's a poetic romanticism to the phrase, in my opinion, that readily allows for the creation (or continuation) of 'my story' and much rending of garments and whatnot. I hope that doesn't sound unsympathetic, I've experienced the pain so I do sympathise, I just think it's best to try and stand back and to put it into some kind of perspective.

I'd prefer to call my experience an existential crisis - it still sounds a little grand, but it's not so romantic. For me it was a dull, nihilistic despair, a feeling of meaninglessness and isolation. I started to question everything, until it got to a point where I felt existential revulsion for even the most inoffensive objects - but most especially for myself, the most hateful, useless thing of all (I believe it's what Sartre was describing in 'Nausea,' it's something I've heard Eckhart Tolle talk about, too). I could see no reason for living and fantasised about suicide - not in a really hysterical way, just thinking about how I'd go about it and thinking how much easier it would be if I could just die - but I couldn't do that to my family so I felt like I was condemned to suffer until natural causes or something unforeseen took me. It was only when I fully surrendered to my situation that my outlook started to change, and I could see how much I'd been the architect of my own suffering.

Its very moving to read these posts because when you are in it you can't believe anyone else can feel the way you are during this faze.

Yeah, that's maybe the worst thing about it - the feeling of being absolutely alone in your suffering. It's incredibly myopic, actually, because perhaps millions of people are experiencing this at any one time, but that feeling that you're alone and no-one else would understand is palpable. It's a result of the illusion of separation, I think.

Free_Spirit1983
07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm not too familiar with "the dark night of the soul" but after Googling here's what I think;

Many spiritual practices revolve around the ascention to spirit.. Meditation, yoga, reiki etc..

However there are a lot of spiritual practices that involve this descent to soul, such as shamanic journeying, shadow work, dreamwork, vision quests etc..

This dark night of the soul sounds like a great opportunity to explore our shadow aspects, the parts of us we cannot see in ourselves.. For instance if we seem to meet angry people all the time yet we think of ourselves as meek or mild, chances are we're hiding this angry side from ourselves, to the point where it is projecting itself on to others..

Look... See Me!!! and it gets louder... and louder... until we LISTEN!

When we delve into our shadow CONSCIOUSLY there are great gifts to be found, the parts of ourselves that we deny contain are all parts of our wholeness.. When we love and accept these parts they come with gifts, the gifts we were born to bring to this world!!

Spirit and soul are the same thing facing different directions, like a 2 sided coin.. When we work with soul as well as spirit, awesome things happen!

That's why I use practices of both spirit and soul with my clients

Enjoy the descent :) x

Belle
07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
For me, the period I associate with this phase was a time of great healing. What seemed to happen was I was confronted with all my tricky energies all at once, and the need to heal them was made clear.

There was, of course, always a choice. I would say I didn't consciously walk through such door but I was aware of shifting my perspective.

I could have walked away from it all at any time but never felt that i had the choice.

I had some wonderful spiritual helpers in this world, whom I treasure more than gold.

It was, as others have described it, a somewhat depression but it wasn't a depression.

I'm sure I will slide back into another such journey but I believe I have been in the darkest hour of it.

The dawn does come.

I also believe that the same end result can occur without such dark night - for me it was necessary to make me hear.

silent whisper
07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm not too familiar with "the dark night of the soul" but after Googling here's what I think;

Many spiritual practices revolve around the ascention to spirit.. Meditation, yoga, reiki etc..

However there are a lot of spiritual practices that involve this descent to soul, such as shamanic journeying, shadow work, dreamwork, vision quests etc..

This dark night of the soul sounds like a great opportunity to explore our shadow aspects, the parts of us we cannot see in ourselves.. For instance if we seem to meet angry people all the time yet we think of ourselves as meek or mild, chances are we're hiding this angry side from ourselves, to the point where it is projecting itself on to others..

Look... See Me!!! and it gets louder... and louder... until we LISTEN!

When we delve into our shadow CONSCIOUSLY there are great gifts to be found, the parts of ourselves that we deny contain are all parts of our wholeness.. When we love and accept these parts they come with gifts, the gifts we were born to bring to this world!!

Spirit and soul are the same thing facing different directions, like a 2 sided coin.. When we work with soul as well as spirit, awesome things happen!

That's why I use practices of both spirit and soul with my clients

Enjoy the descent :) x

Yes...its the merging of both that bring deeper levels of awakening and healing into ones own wholeness..

running
07-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Its all the parts of me I haven't accepted. Due to social conditioning throughout the ages I have been reincarnating. Becoming more whole creates inner peace and happiness. Since I'm someone whom wishes to grow. I wish to love, cherish, and embrace all of me. Despite how rocky the ride may be.

I have been through some of my dark side. How much I don't know? For me it brought a great deal of spiritual growth. I don't know how it is for others.

Miss Hepburn
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM

... I would love to hear how you experienced this.
Quickly, in and out.

All the while knowing it was illusion...how could it not be.

RedEmbers
08-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Mine was similar to what Ms Hepburn said, it was quick. .. But then I had chronic depression and anxiety on and off for 10years, so a 3 month 'dark night of the soul' felt like a great relief, like I was finally getting some healing and finally easing my emotional suffering, the black dog, depression hasn't been my companion for a very long time now,
I think I chose to push through as quickly as I could, short term pain for long term gain.

WmBuzz71
08-10-2013, 10:56 AM
There are many ways of facing the Dark Night, through trauma, meditation where you go fishing for it, and the one where it's the less traumatic by passing the light down to the fallen one.

I had glimpses of all three ways, which the 1st two was a battle of my current consciousness vs my lower one. Like water, the 3rd was the best and least resistance way, but patience plays a important role.

Transforming the ego to go the way of the light, is the most gentle way of experiencing the healing aspect of ones spirit and consciousness. It is a slow decent and a slow rise, and not the scary elevator ride.

Our higher consciousness cannot go into the dark to guide us, so who better than our ego to help guide us in the dark? and lead us to the light we send him. It's a "I scratch your back, and you scratch my Back" scenario. The ego is very powerful and will stop at nothing to reach the light, if you teach him self satisfaction comes through helping others and not hurting others. The light is not ours to keep, so we need to pass it down, as our guides pass it down to us.

Belle
08-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Quickly, in and out.

All the while knowing it was illusion...how could it not be.

And the key is in the knowing.

When you don't know - and when I say "know" meaning to be conscious not just aware - then it is a different game.

For me, I knew theoretically that I was in a dark night of the soul, but didn't know how to access a power to shift me, and whilst it was illusory it did feel very very real.

I believe there may be future dark nights of the soul, it's part of the healing journey. However, increasing consciousness allows me to have a greater control of the now and also see the storms coming.

I do think the storms are to be walked through and not avoided. Perhaps, next time I will run rather than crawl through.

I say "next time" and there may or may not be a next time. I may have grasped what I needed to hear, but with the layers of the onion, who knows.

tabane27
08-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I wouldnt wish anyone to go through the dark night of the soul...my experience felt void, it was like living inside a black whole and the enviroment around you seem unattached.
There was not connection with me and the outer enviroment and felt stuck. I dragged myself through holding onto present and it dragged on for a good 2 years. I felt like my soul had gave up and wanted to leave and that i was the alien. There was no reason that brought this on, nothing dramatic or affecting that caused it.
I was very close to ending it, i would not feed or clean myself, i could not even get out of bed.
I pulled through it over night unexpected, there was a comlete transformation...I walked out my door after 3 months, my image, personality and life style changed, i even changed my whole name in a day.
The feeling of living in that dark whole seemed like it was never there and life was more clearer, i understood myself again.

There is a good side to pulling through it but some dont get that far, i wouldnt suggest wanting to go through this, i dont understand why anyone would. It is the lowest to live through.

I had my spirit guides there when the transformation started, once complete my psychic abilities opened up.

Free_Spirit1983
08-10-2013, 11:46 AM
When I went deep into those caverns, into the dark shadows the descent was both an unprepared and unconscious descent, it was like being dragged through an unfamiliar place.. Feeling eyes on me, but I couldn't see who.. Life was very dark then..

I see that time not as the beginning of my path, but the start of my journey as a conscious walker of my path..

Since then I've had amazing healing experiences, met amazing teachers; human, animal, plant and spirit.. cut karmic chords and lit a torch for those shadow aspects that I was unconscious of..

I'm thankful for the dark times, it was in these periods that I was able to see the light..

Next month I'll be re-taking that trip again, into the shadow, that dark cavern but this time consciously and with a whole new tool kit, allies and awareness... In Glastonbury of all palces! This time I'm not afraid because I know those parts of me are crying out to be seen..

..and the ones I've already seen have brought me the most precious gifts!

Belle
08-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Free_Spirit1983 how do you know you will be retaking that trip again?

Does that bring it about consciously?

silent whisper
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
When I went deep into those caverns, into the dark shadows the descent was both an unprepared and unconscious descent, it was like being dragged through an unfamiliar place.. Feeling eyes on me, but I couldn't see who.. Life was very dark then..

I see that time not as the beginning of my path, but the start of my journey as a conscious walker of my path..

Since then I've had amazing healing experiences, met amazing teachers; human, animal, plant and spirit.. cut karmic chords and lit a torch for those shadow aspects that I was unconscious of..

I'm thankful for the dark times, it was in these periods that I was able to see the light..

Next month I'll be re-taking that trip again, into the shadow, that dark cavern but this time consciously and with a whole new tool kit, allies and awareness... In Glastonbury of all palces! This time I'm not afraid because I know those parts of me are crying out to be seen..

..and the ones I've already seen have brought me the most precious gifts!

yes reconnecting with new tools, you can openly embrace the cycles as they come around again, to meet and greet you in new light...

Its empowering to open to the shadow self, with new awarness of the light within the darkness that we can often miss, when we have faced before without as much knowing and preparation...sometimes knowing what one can acheive is enough to welcome the darkness and witness it as a gift.

livingkarma
08-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Its empowering to open to the shadow self, with new awarness of the light within the darkness that we can often miss, when we have faced before without as much knowing and preparation...sometimes knowing what one can acheive is enough to welcome the darkness and witness it as a gift.

Since experiencing the darkest years of my life from the tragic death of my husband, everything else seems like a cake walk in comparison ...

The death of my mother, continuous law suits against me, voluntary disconnection w/predatory family members, self reflection, etc ...

The only event that will bring forth life shattering darkness again would be the death(s) of my children ...

Miss Hepburn
08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I just no longer give alot of attention or power to passing feelings.
So what, if I feel hurt, so what if I feel in a slump, so what my hands hurt because my dog bolted with the new nylon leash
and I my hands feel raw like a sailor's with no gloves
and I have alot of massages today.
Scr*w it...it all passes.

That is the secret for me...it all passes...don't give it alot of energy.
But, I have the wisdom of age....I didn't know this for decades and
took my feelings seriously.
Phewy on them.

Same thing with physical discomfort...Yogananda would 'make' some devotees sit for hours on rocks with cold ocean spray...hours to get past the
physical and excel spiritually....I know God is all around me and loving me and it is me blocking it if I'm in a slump. So snap out of it.
(Of course, if I say that to someone else, I'm a meany.)
So what my hands hurt and are scraped all up.

Jatd
08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
In my experience the best way to describe it was like being in the biggest, deepest dark whole imaginable. I felt like part of me died. I felt disconnected from everything, nothing felt normal, nothing had meaning infact probably everything felt meaningless. I couldnt make sense of anything, couldnt make sense of life. I didnt know what was happening to me i would think i was really depressed but somehow i knew it was much deeper, something told me that this was something that i couldnt control it was happening and i had to let it take over and do what it has to do. I cant remember how long it lasted, a few month anyway. When i started to come out of this everything started to change but it changed slowly, that was 2 yrs ago and im still growing and still changing. When i look back it is like i had been walking around with my eyes closed before it and now they are open. Its an experience i wouldnt like to go through again.

THIS is an excellent description!!!

silent whisper
08-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Since experiencing the darkest years of my life from the tragic death of my husband, everything else seems like a cake walk in comparison ...

The death of my mother, continuous law suits against me, voluntary disconnection w/predatory family members, self reflection, etc ...

The only event that will bring forth life shattering darkness again would be the death(s) of my children ...

Often our deepest loss will open life so we begin to see what is really important for ourselves in the face of reality and how it can be.

The nature of life is that we learn what is really precious amidst all the other chaos of darkness that can fall upon us and around us and that is what gets us through..

:hug3:

Free_Spirit1983
17-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I know I will be taking the trip again because I'm doing an intensive workshop on shadow and the subconscious as part of my shamanic training,

Delving into the shadow and the deep subconsious to find the things that we often reject or are afraid of..

Then integrating those parts

Emmalevine
18-10-2013, 10:41 AM
I think I'm in one again and I honestly wouldn't wish it on anyone.

My experience is that I lose sight of the light...I'm in a pit and although I keep trying to climb out the gravity is just too strong and it pulls me back.

Belle
18-10-2013, 10:46 AM
It's a full moon. Don't underestimate the power of it, not least if you are an aries.

silent whisper
18-10-2013, 10:56 AM
It's a full moon. Don't underestimate the power of it, not least if you are an aries.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/514710/20131017/penumbral-lunar-eclipse-2013-sun-earth-align.htm

livingkarma
18-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Night most likely represents the shadow side of self...:)

Night as well as hour idicates unknown length of time ...
No individual knows how long it will take to heal, therefore a time or timeframe is not specified ...

livingkarma
18-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Does that bring it about consciously?

It is part of the cycle of life & death; they are not manifested ...
Everyone experiences growing pains associated w/maturation ...
Everyone experiences transition ...
Most everyone experiences a severe loss ...
We will experience at least one to the depth of our soul ...

A person in this very moment can say their darkest night of the soul was learning how to financially care for themself ...
But further in life, go on to say the darkest night of their soul was a divorce or disease or life threatening illness, the death of a loved one, etc ...
People speak from their life's experiences up to the time the questions is asked ...

Belle
18-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I inadvertently manifested a dark night of the soul. That occurred and things happened within that period which were very very difficult.

But, I think I operate on very subtle levels and I did pull myself into a dark night of the soul.

It was so important that I did.

A peaceful mind.
22-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Strange that so many have so many different views on the dark night.. some think that you actually can manifest it (me, and I have tried to do so) some think that you can't.

I actually think it's a transformation of self...we actually work our way through our own shadow stuff to come up on the other side transformed more pure than before.
We all can agree that the dark knight is a experience that helps us evolve, learn.. and in the end value the many things that we take "granted" in life.

I once read that to become enlighten you first have to learn the meaning of suffering.. in suffering we learn to value the things that are important in life. Learn to understand ourselves better than we did before we experienced suffering.

I thank you all for sharing you experiences with the dark night.. and what you have learned from your experiences.

Yours

With Peace and love to you all.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

froebellian
22-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Personally I don't think you can manifest a DNOS, nor can I see why anyone sane would want to!! I have been 'told' it happens so you cannot prepare yourself and it throws you into a space where you have to 'fight' to survive.. knowing defeats the purpose.. as I told a charge she had more lessons to learn and she asked "what lessons?' - "if i told you, they would not be lesson!"

Belle
23-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Personally I don't think you can manifest a DNOS, nor can I see why anyone sane would want to!! I have been 'told' it happens so you cannot prepare yourself and it throws you into a space where you have to 'fight' to survive.. knowing defeats the purpose.. as I told a charge she had more lessons to learn and she asked "what lessons?' - "if i told you, they would not be lesson!"

froebellian - I agree / disagree with you!

It's a manifestation as it is a means to an end. I'm confronting shadows, which are limiting my life and as I do so, it's grizzly. It's rather like that trip to the dentist, I've been putting it off for a long time.

I could chose not to engage with the choice, and I do believe it was a choice. BUt it would have presented itself at a different time otherwise. So I'm confronting demons, which essentially is what a DNOS is - they come into play.

So the bringing about a DNOS - well, I think this is what I have done. It's not the darkest of them all but I think of others which were darker and I look back and I did certain things which had consequences. And a DNOS followed.

THis time, I actively engaged in the decision. Other times I have been at the whims of my higher self I feel.

I want rid of the demons. I don't want to be beholden to them any more. And if that means that I have to go down such a route of a dark night, then so be it. I want better, no more toothache for me.

n2mec
23-10-2013, 02:19 PM
For me, DNOS, can be avoided, however, for some reason unavoidable or necessary for those in order to achieve a desired outcome. Sometime we need this in order to get to the next level.

The duration is only proportional to the investment and conditioning one has puts into it.

The Soul in its pure state has no darkness about.

Trim off the fat, remove the dark/night and the Soul will glow again.

This too shall pass.

Rah nam
23-10-2013, 10:31 PM

Since I can see that one way or another I will go this phase I would like to hear your experiences with this phase of spiritual stage. I have some information on this.. but if you have some excellent information on this I would love to see it..

Yours

Yours

A peaceful Mind

What is usually called the dark night of the soul, has in fact very little to do with the soul. The soul is merely an observer in all this.
It is rather the level of disharmony between the spiritual self and the human form that determines the depth of the experience what is called the dark night, when the spiritual self enters or tries to enter a new level within it's journey in this incarnation cycle.

butterfly1111
25-10-2013, 12:24 AM
It was terrifying to me. It lasted a few months. I had 100's of spirits visiting me. Some nice, some not. I pulled myself out by convincing myself I had a mental break down. That none of what I heard was real. I focused on anything that was beautiful or that made me happy. Everything stopped. Except then I got real signs from my Twin. Who had passed over. He proved it was him. Part of it by the dark night. In the end I believe in miracles, I believe in God, I believe in life after death, I believe my Twin is with me now. All traditional views of religion have dissolved. I am completely transformed. And am psychic.

grannymary
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
The dark night is a time to increase the light of faith, to cling to love. It is an advanced state where you learn the manners of love in the seeming absence of god. Like when a father teaches a child to walk so he lets go of his hands in order that he may walk on his own. The morning sun is a very very bright and welcome and glorious sight after a dark night. At the end of it you will look back on it and find it was an experience you wouldn't change or erase and the feeling will be profound gratitude.

HeartSong11
01-11-2013, 06:27 PM
This has happened me a few times in life. Up until a few months ago I put it all down to depression as I was unaware of "The Dark Night of the Soul".

This probably made the whole experience worse...lack of knowledge. If it happened again now I would handle it a little differently.
For me the worst part was not understanding why I was suddenly feeling so desperate, disconnected and at times hysterical.
There were external triggers at the time which made it easy to put the whole thing down to depression. Certain circumstances did lead to this dark night of the soul. But I remember thinking at the time "this just isn't like me...to be so influenced and easily brought down by life". I would consider myself very capable of coping with hardship. During this experience, however, I lost all control of my emotions. And the last time it lasted 6 months which was a new record.
Having said that though, it was the last experience of the dark night that brought me the furthest along in my spiritual journey so I am grateful for the experience.
Do I want to go through it again? Not really.