PDA

View Full Version : The sacred heart

silent whisper
04-10-2013, 11:48 PM
The Sacred Heart is often depicted in Christian art as a flaming heart shining with divine light, pierced by the lance-wound, encircled by the crown of thorns, surmounted by a cross and bleeding. Sometimes the image is shown shining within the bosom of Christ with his wounded hands pointing at the heart. The wounds and crown of thorns allude to the manner of Jesus' death, while the fire represents the transformative power of divine love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Heart

Jesus did it pretty rough really. His walk to freedom, would have been incredibly hard...he deserves his heart remembered in this way. :brave:

silent whisper
04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/Illumine36/sacred_heart_green.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Illumine36/media/sacred_heart_green.jpg.html)

I like this picture more so than the christian art form of the sacred heart.

silent whisper
04-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Or this one is quite lovely too...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z66/Riverh/sacredheart.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Riverh/media/sacredheart.jpg.html)

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 12:01 AM
This one made me giggle, but then a thought came through me, that if Jesus was alive, this is probably what he would see in almost anyone he met..not so much in the visual sense that someone has created, but in his own way of course. :)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/thegakattack/sacred_heart_of_elvis2.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/thegakattack/media/sacred_heart_of_elvis2.jpg.html)

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 12:05 AM
I have heard stories where people who have witnessed the sacred heart vision or visual, have awakened quite deeply to the root of their broken heart. The power of spirit works in mysterious ways to awaken the heart...All the senses can delight in spirits ways..what a gift it is to be able to expereince through all the senses the magic of spirits touch of divine love.

Miss Hepburn
05-10-2013, 01:30 AM
It is said a broken heart is the doorway to God.

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 01:31 AM
It is said a broken heart is the doorway to God.

Yes, through my own experience,it opened the doorway..

Perfect Storm
05-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I know this maybe be non-ralated.. but does it have anything to do with the heart or even higher heart chakras?

Out of interest?

Emmalevine
05-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Lovely pics.

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I know this maybe be non-ralated.. but does it have anything to do with the heart or even higher heart chakras?

Out of interest?

I suppose the link between the higher heart chakra and the christ consciousness, could be seen symbolically in this light Athy.

http://towardchakra8.com/tag/higher-heart/

A human Being
05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
This one made me giggle, but then a thought came through me, that if Jesus was alive, this is probably what he would see in almost anyone he met..not so much in the visual sense that someone has created, but in his own way of course. :)
I imagine you're right, and I'm sure every awakened soul would see the same thing. It's something that grates on me about Christianity - they venerate Christ, which is fine, but at the same time they seem to go on with this attitude of 'we're not worthy of you,' and look for salvation from an external source. But Christ himself said 'you are the light of the world,' and 'the kingdom of heaven is within you' - surely your salvation lies in the very essence of who you are, it isn't something that's external to you (it's just important to bear in mind that this essence isn't exclusive to you, it's the essence of everything).

Humility's important, but the attitude of many Christians seems to be approaching self-hatred, almost. Maybe I have a distorted impression of it, though, I'd like to hear a Christian perspective on the subject.

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I imagine you're right, and I'm sure every awakened soul would see the same thing. It's something that grates on me about Christianity - they venerate Christ, which is fine, but at the same time they seem to go on with this attitude of 'we're not worthy of you,' and look for salvation from an external source. But Christ himself said 'you are the light of the world,' and 'the kingdom of heaven is within you' - surely your salvation lies in the very essence of who you are, it isn't something that's external to you (it's just important to bear in mind that this essence isn't exclusive to you, it's the essence of everything).

Humility's important, but the attitude of many Christians seems to be approaching self-hatred, almost. Maybe I have a distorted impression of it, though, I'd like to hear a Christian perspective on the subject.

Yes the distortion has created a lot of issues through the external beliefs sadly. I do have a few born again Christian friends and when the topic of Christ comes up, its very much about worthiness in the face of christ, with the belief that if I do not follow christ, I will not be saved, nor will they. Often I will lead the conversation into what I see christ is in the representation of his life as human being and what he endured and what he found within himself..which fits the picture but only so far in their eyes.

I often wonder if that worthiness within themselves is so low, this type of veneration allows for them to suspend themselves from the self worth they have lost growing up...into something that makes them feel worthy. Its kind of like a belief that gives people permission to feel worthy. I am not sure really.

A human Being
05-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes the distortion has created a lot of issues through the external beliefs sadly. I do have a few born again Christian friends and when the topic of Christ comes up, its very much about worthiness in the face of christ, with the belief that if I do not follow christ, I will not be saved, nor will they. Often I will lead the conversation into what I see christ is in the representation of his life as human being and what he endured and what he found within himself..which fits the picture but only so far in their eyes.

I often wonder if that worthiness within themselves is so low, this type of veneration allows for them to suspend themselves from the self worth they have lost growing up...into something that makes them feel worthy. Its kind of like a belief that gives people permission to feel worthy. I am not sure really.
Hmm, interesting take on it. I'm pretty ignorant on the finer points of Christianity, tbh, I stopped going to church when I was 12 and I wasn't listening that much when I did go (though from what I do remember, they didn't emphasise love and compassion and non-judgment nearly enough), so, like I say, I'd be interested to hear a Christian perspective on it.

What I do get from Christians I know is a sense of self-righteousness - 'this is what you must do to get salvation, I know the truth.' To me, I (which is you, which is The One) am the way, the truth, and the light. 'Split a piece of wood, I am there,' Jesus said - well, so am I. But 'so am I' implies otherness, the point is that we're all One.

I just feel like there's a fundamental misunderstanding in Christianity - even the idea of being born again, of seeing the world as a child sees it, I get the feeling this is a purely figurative idea for Christians, where it's more literal than that for me.

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Hmm, interesting take on it. I'm pretty ignorant on the finer points of Christianity, tbh, I stopped going to church when I was 12 and I wasn't listening that much when I did go (though from what I do remember, they didn't emphasise love and compassion and non-judgment nearly enough), so, like I say, I'd be interested to hear a Christian perspective on it.

What I do get from Christians I know is a sense of self-righteousness - 'this is what you must do to get salvation, I know the truth.' To me, I (which is you, which is The One) am the way, the truth, and the light. 'Split a piece of wood, I am there,' Jesus said - well, so am I. But 'so am I' implies otherness, the point is that we're all One.

I just feel like there's a fundamental misunderstanding in Christianity - even the idea of being born again, of seeing the world as a child sees it, I get the feeling this is a purely figurative idea for Christians, where it's more literal than that for me.

yes I hear you and understand how it is and seems to be.

I grew up a catholic and only really remember the feeding to fear god ..but mostly I spent most of my time observing people..lol...the fear of death came through religion also so that was a deeply ingrained fear in me for a long time.

I guess like all paths, christianity serves its purpose for people and their journeys. As much as its difficult as friends to have two completely different views on life, the one aspect that keeps us friends is compassion and understanding of taking care of each other. The only time its an issue between us, is if I choose to take up my view when she shares hers. I have learned to listen and allow her just to be where she needs to be..because in many ways my view is taking her and others beliefs into the whole view of life as I see it..where as hers relies on seperation in her seeing....:)

A human Being
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM
yes I hear you and understand how it is and seems to be.

I grew up a catholic and only really remember the feeding to fear god ..but mostly I spent most of my time observing people..lol...the fear of death came through religion also so that was a deeply ingrained fear in me for a long time.

I guess like all paths, christianity serves its purpose for people and their journeys. As much as its difficult as friends to have two completely different views on life, the one aspect that keeps us friends is compassion and understanding of taking care of each other. The only time its an issue between us, is if I choose to take up my view when she shares hers. I have learned to listen and allow her just to be where she needs to be..because in many ways my view is taking her and others beliefs into the whole view of life as I see it..where as hers relies on seperation in her seeing....:)
That's a very mature approach :smile: Yeah you're right - it is as it is - I just find it frustrating sometimes, the way some religious people approach their faith - it's more of a comfort blanket, it seems, or an opiate, as Marx put it, an assurance in the face of the fear of death. To me it's about facing the uncomfortable truth without fear.

silent whisper
05-10-2013, 12:13 PM
That's a very mature approach :smile: Yeah you're right - it is as it is - I just find it frustrating sometimes, the way some religious people approach their faith - it's more of a comfort blanket, it seems, or an opiate, as Marx put it, an assurance in the face of the fear of death. To me it's about facing the uncomfortable truth without fear.

Yes that assurance seems to be the blanket that many need in the space of facing death. Perhaps in knowing it lessens peoples fears, to know that death is attached to something that holds them in safety and with hope that they are rewarded in some way... To dive into life/death and no promise of what is on the other side and simply trust in the unknown, can be very unsettling to those who need to know and design a life around a belief in something..In many ways Christ is used as something tangible to trust and beleive in, when the unknown in their eyes would hold nothing..yet we know it holds and supports everything in divine order.

AutumnL
07-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Thank u for this post, i enjoyed reading it. In the the process of my awakening i am much guided and healed by Jesus, he frequents my meditations. And i agree the wisdom and Kingdom is within, God essence is a part of all as we are essentially one.