PDA

View Full Version : The Nothing/Something paradox.

freespirit3317
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Here's a conversation I had with myself earlier on FB.
I know 'I' can believe whatever I want.
So I think I'd like to carry on in the belief of the spiritual awakening happening.
After all its got me to see the things I am now.
And I'd like to imagine into existence with others the 'New Earth.'
To make a reality for individuals to harness their own power.
After all no-one really wants to suffer and if this 'Spiritual Enlightenment' idea being co-created will bring that, then imagine away.

I guess the Spiritual awakening idea appeals to anyone who has a desire to 'find themselves' or 'TRUTH' which leads you to find there is no Truth except what you believe. Which would lead you back to thinking that spiritual enlightenment is the 'true' way to go.

Oh what a marvellous paradox spirituality is.

All I know is that I desire to be someone who is strong and balanced. And have my own power and belief in myself. And being happy moment by moment.

I have a lot of beliefs and ideas about who 'I' want to be and the 'me' I want to experience,.........

Wow I just re-read that. The 'ME' that 'I' want to experience.

I've heard about this. Is the ME and I the same thing? Is it separate? Identity me and pure consciousness me? Or is it just the same? Another made up illusion of a separate part of me?

'I' will get to the bottom of 'myself' THOUGHTS say...............

So they are the same I and ME. So what is it that is able to think? What is experiencing thoughts?

They say there is nothing outside of me. Everything outside of me is just a mirror, an emptiness until I project something to reflect back. But if I'm also everyone else's mirror of emptiness to reflect back to them, then that must mean there's nothing...See More

Complete nothingness cant reflect itself surely? It has nothing to reflect. There would be no answers or questions or truths or experiences or ideas or interactions and no ideas for reflections of nothing or something for that matter?

LOL, this is driving me barmy, I wish I understood it, but this is fun!!!!! I love breaking things down.

Until It seems there's nothing left to break down to nothing. Ohhh and then guess what? I still sense something. I guess its that big question, where did ANYTHING begin? Even if you call it God/Love/Consciousness, then also where did that begin? You cant say it came from nothing, how can NOTHING make ANYTHING?

OMG!!! Nothing cant 'know' itself, if it could it would be a something!!!!! It cant say Hi, I know I'm nothing. So I/we/universe came from NOTHING but why do I sense, and how is it possible that there's a experience being felt of a me asking all this?

Maybe its the story of NOTHING forever trying to 'find' itself, which it cant so that's what makes infinity. Because IT will go on forever trying.

I don't think we can ever go beyond this knowing of nothing, if we did it would be SOMETHING.

So we really are NOTHING, on a never ending journey trying to know its nothingness. Though feeling a something being the only way to 'define' a nothing in the first place. It really is the biggest paradox EVER!!!!

Also try and define nothing. 'Nothing is a lack of something?' You cant without saying 'nothing is......' which it obviously 'isn't! Or just IS!

So there you go. Wish I knew the answer, but had great laugh doing this!!!
Theories and inputs anyone? What's everyone's different concept?

adamm[]
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
lol, good post.

Miss Hepburn
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Hmm, I may have to again post something for you that I do every so often and
feel others may say, "Again?"...but you are a new person and your subject matter calls for it.

The Everything and the Nothing.....excerpted only....Meher Baba

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved. But since God is
Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself as the
Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He loves.

....To attain union is so impossibly difficult bec it is impossible to become what you
already are! Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~ the Book....The Everything and the Nothing

:notworthy:

freespirit3317
04-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I may have to again post something for you that I do every so often and
feel others may say, "Again?"...but you are a new person and your subject matter calls for it.

The Everything and the Nothing.....excerpted only....Meher Baba

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved. But since God is
Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself as the
Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He loves.

....To attain union is so impossibly difficult bec it is impossible to become what you
already are! Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

~ the Book....The Everything and the Nothing

:notworthy:

Beautiful theory, and wish It was that easy too believe, but that can still be broken down.
What came BEFORE God/Love?
You could say Nothing!!!
Exactly so how does God/Love come out of nothing?
God/Love couldn't make itself first without there being something else to make it.
Something ALWAYS has to make something.
And since nothing cant seem to make anything, for it has no consciousness.
What created God/Love to create us?

freespirit3317
04-10-2013, 09:29 PM
But I do love what you wrote.
Very moving.
I love the idea of what you saying to be true.
And its the best 'truth' I've heard yet.
I don't entirely disbelieve it either.
There's just so many ways of looking at things.

Ivy
04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
It has to do with awareness/consciousness. It is impossible to be aware/conscious of everything in totality. Because the moment one became everything, there would be no 'other' thing to compare oneself to...thus in that moment everything becomes nothing.

You can't see your own eyes without a mirror. We cannot be aware of ourselves without separation.

Miss Hepburn
05-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Beautiful theory, and wish It was that easy too believe, but that can still be broken down.
What came BEFORE God/Love?
You could say Nothing!!!
Exactly so how does God/Love come out of nothing?
God/Love couldn't make itself first without there being something else to make it.
Something ALWAYS has to make something.
And since nothing cant seem to make anything, for it has no consciousness.
What created God/Love to create us?
:smile: Hi freespirit,
The beautiful thing about this is that you don't have
to 'wish it was that easy to believe'.
That is the beauty of this life or this creation or our capability to not "just believe"....don't get me started on blind faith...we can experience the answer to our questions ourselves!!! :icon_cheers:

There is nothing different about you or Meher Baba or Nisargadatta ( the Nothingness guy, I call him, ha) or Ramana Maharshi or anyone else !

Why do these men say what they do?
Because they went inside and discovered the secrets, so called, the mysteries of this Creation and the Creator....and so can WE!!!

So, go inside, meditate, ask, pray, sit, wait, be patient, sincere...and
all of it can and will be shown to you (us).
What a world! We can have it all!
:hello2:
I love it!

Miss Hepburn
05-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Now, that I'm on my laptop and not my Smartphone, let me paste
the entire quote for you... Meher Baba

The Lover and the Beloved

God is Love. And Love must love. And to love there
must be a Beloved. But since God is Existence infinite
and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself,
as the Beloved whom He as the Lover imagines He
loves.
Beloved and Lover implies separation. And separation
creates longing; and longing causes search. And the
wider and the more intense the search the greater the
separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is most intense separation is complete,
and the purpose of separation, which was that Love
might experience Itself as Lover and Beloved is fulfilled;
and union follows. And when union is attained, the Lover
knows that he himself was all along the Beloved whom he
loved and desired union with; and that all the impossible
situations that he overcame were obstacles which he
himself had placed in the path to himself.
To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is
impossible to become what you already are! Union is
nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.