PDA

View Full Version : roadkill

GoldenLioness
04-10-2013, 02:02 AM
ever since my "awakening" every time i am driving and pass/see roadkill i express deep empathy, literally grimacing and feeling the pain of the animal that was harmed, even almost bringing me to tears.

i'm wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar? is it part of the " awakening process?" i've always been empathetic to all species, but now it has become almost unbearable to see these things.

Peace & Love :icon_flower:

Swami Chihuahuananda
04-10-2013, 02:26 AM
maybe just a phase of heightened sensitivity ?...

I never liked seeing squashed critters , myself , especially pets.
It's just awful.

Ecthalion
04-10-2013, 07:58 AM
ever since my "awakening" every time i am driving and pass/see roadkill i express deep empathy, literally grimacing and feeling the pain of the animal that was harmed, even almost bringing me to tears.

i'm wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar? is it part of the " awakening process?" i've always been empathetic to all species, but now it has become almost unbearable to see these things.

I've felt like this most of my life but it became incredibly strong when I hit 30. I don't know about awakening but I became more interested in spirituality (I had previously been an atheist) and all of the religions. I also became vegetarian and have remained that way ever since.

It is a wonderful thing to empathise with the suffering of our fellow creatures.

lily of the valley
04-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with "awakening"....I have felt this way all my life, as far as I can "remember" myself. Some of us are more sensitive to life and all living things, for instance, I feel awful when one of my trees is suffering or a plant dies although I had taken very good care of it. I can't even crush a fly, I "shoo" it out the door....it too deserves to live out its life span. I wouldn't want to be the one depriving it of its natural right for life.

blackraven
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM

couuurtp - Ever since I was with my dog when I had to put her down and witnessed her last breath, I've been a wreck when it comes to animals of all types. I too cringe when I see an animal dead along the road. I also cry when I hear the sounds of an ambulance. When I heard about the walruses (over 10,000) crowded on a tiny island off Alaska because global warming has reduced ice bergs in the ocean for them to rest on, I felt angry with man's recklessness.

Blackraven

GoldenLioness
04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Thank you all for your feedback :hug2:
I know my increased sensitivity can only help those that are suffering or have suffered, so I have no complaints.

CIRRUS
04-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi couuurtp,
My Spiritual journey has taught me to love all animals, insects etc.
I soon realised that everything is God's creation and that you should never intentionally kill anything.
My children laugh there heads off when they see me ushering flies,wasps and moskitos out of windows and doors instead of swatting them with a newspaper.
I tried to save a spider in our office recently and ended up killing it accidently.
Boy did i feel bad about that.
I just feel that we are all connected on this planet whatever we are.
Love and Light
Cirrus

GoldenLioness
04-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Cirrus- I undoubtedly agree with you. I have no desire to swat the flies/moths that have been entering my house. Others constantly complain, though as long as they are not harming me I see no reason to do so. We are all one, and so we all deserve the equal opportunity of life.

sesheta
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
I am the same way - when I see an animal that has been killed on the road, I always send out this silent prayer:

"Goddess, please take this creature under your wing, and carry it over the bridge in peace".

Mr Interesting
08-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Good golly, it's just dead stuff... might even be edible, at least skin it.

But while something is dying... that's a different story and try and stay calm and peaceful with it - until the soul is gone and when it's gone, it's just dead stuff.

You might just be a little too aware of your own mortality and projecting your fear of death onto stuff that hasn't even a soul.

And don't worry as most animals play a bigger more open game and they'll forgive us... if we forgive ourselves.

Ecthalion
08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Good golly, it's just dead stuff... might even be edible, at least skin it.
I'm grateful you don't work in a mortuary!

Thunder Bow
08-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I have seen much roadkill on Reservation roads. Other animals often feed on it.