PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual awakening or delusions?

HeartSong11
03-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I feel like I have been experiencing spiritual enlightenment for many years. It wasn't sudden and I would say that it's a very gradual progress.
I have recently stumbled across a few articles which kind of worry me. The articles suggest that spiritual awakenings are actually a form of manic depression and delusion. I don't feel delusional but reading this made me second guess if what I'm feeling is really spiritual.
I know there prob is no definite answer but I'm curious what other people's take is on these subjects?

freespirit3317
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
You can make whatever it is your experiencing be whatever you want it to be.
If you choose to believe that.
There are no rules to the power of belief except the rules we chose to believe.
You can completely create you and your own reality, if you want to believe that.
Have fun exploring!!!

HeartSong11
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
You can make whatever it is your experiencing be whatever you want it to be.
If you choose to believe that.
There are no rules to the power of belief except the rules we chose to believe.
You can completely create you and your own reality, if you want to believe that.
Have fun exploring!!!

Thanks. It's good to hear that perspective. It's actually something I really believe. The power of our own thoughts and beliefs. If you truly brief something it becomes your reality.
I guess I'm having an off few days and its making me doubt!

freespirit3317
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
And because you believe that perspective it will be! Yippee!
What fun!
Freedom is yours, if you believe in it lol!
Since I recently believed this perspective, I've revamping my whole character!

Freedom33
03-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Nonetheless, the body is an amazing machine. It can be healed. I have accelerated this process of the damage I have done to myself in my earlier years with the violet flame. There is quite an alchemy to it and I have experienced radical results. Check out tsl.org and read about it more if you want. Essentially, it is a high frequency spiritual flame that helps transmute negative karma, it works principally through the alchemy of forgiveness.

In terms of depression making you spiritually dillusional... I believe sometimes when we are in a rut in life, it is those times through desperation we reach to something higher. I wouldn't say it leads us to become dillusional though. Depending on the condition, I couldn't really comment.

freespirit3317
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Any 'story' or 'truth' we play out will be what we experience.
If the story of drugs damaging you and the healing process sounds like an interesting role to play, then go for it!
If not your preference choose something else, if you wish to believe so.

livingkarma
03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
http://endless-satsang.com/spiritual-enlightenment-spiritual-awakening.htm

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2012/10/07/12-symptoms-of-spiritual-awakening/

HeartSong11
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
http://endless-satsang.com/spiritual-enlightenment-spiritual-awakening.htm

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2012/10/07/12-symptoms-of-spiritual-awakening/

Hi,

Thank you for the links. First one was very informative and I will now call it awakening rather than enlightenment :)

I had read the second link before and it hits very close to home.

HeartSong11
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Nonetheless, the body is an amazing machine. It can be healed. I have accelerated this process of the damage I have done to myself in my earlier years with the violet flame. There is quite an alchemy to it and I have experienced radical results. Check out tsl.org and read about it more if you want. Essentially, it is a high frequency spiritual flame that helps transmute negative karma, it works principally through the alchemy of forgiveness.

In terms of depression making you spiritually dillusional... I believe sometimes when we are in a rut in life, it is those times through desperation we reach to something higher. I wouldn't say it leads us to become dillusional though. Depending on the condition, I couldn't really comment.

Thank you. I will most definitely look into accelerating the healing process with violet flame. There should not be too much damage but would rather heal any there maybe done.
There is no mental condition (that I know of). I think I just freaked myself out reading too much. I have a tendency to overload on info and over think everything :)
Very helpful replies thank you :)

livingkarma
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
"This is, in part, because "spiritual enlightenment" and "spiritual awakening" have been used in so many ways to describe so many things, similar to the way in which "love" is used to describe everything from a preference for ice cream to a merging with everything."

Regarding your question of whether your experiences are of a spiritual nature ... or is self deception used to define it as such ...
Both enlightenment & an awakening are organic ...
A high number are produced during/as a result of a crisis or major life changes or NDE, etc ...
<>
Maturation is the natural process of development = achieving milestones ...

Two are natural/organic; one is articificial ...

The questions are:
What is the universal truth of your experience?
What is the positive impact they have on your life as well as others? ...

Edited by SF Staff

lovingkind
05-10-2013, 05:55 PM
If you look within anything you will always find more information, reasons, symptoms or what have you. It really can be confusing and cause yo to doubt your beliefs and what you initially felt was real. So, it is important to go with your intuition...your gut feeling so to speak. I have learned that in spiritual awakening the experiences can vewry often be likened to various mental illnesses if you look deep enough. Just go with what feels right for you. Blessings:)

HeartSong11
05-10-2013, 08:29 PM
If you look within anything you will always find more information, reasons, symptoms or what have you. It really can be confusing and cause yo to doubt your beliefs and what you initially felt was real. So, it is important to go with your intuition...your gut feeling so to speak. I have learned that in spiritual awakening the experiences can vewry often be likened to various mental illnesses if you look deep enough. Just go with what feels right for you. Blessings:)

Thank you lovingkind. You are so right and I do have a tendency to look into everything too much. This overthinking can be great when trying to solve a problem but other times it can also create problems that are not there.

I know I have been going through a process of spiritual awakening and it has become more intense lately which is why I have been looking into it more and overthinking it. I have had a rough few days as well which contributed to the doubt.

I feel like the issues have balanced themselves out somewhat and I now see them more as a stepping stone in the right direction. My belief has been restored :)

sri dhanya igala
06-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi,

I feel like I have been experiencing spiritual enlightenment for many years. It wasn't sudden and I would say that it's a very gradual progress.
I have recently stumbled across a few articles which kind of worry me. The articles suggest that spiritual awakenings are actually a form of manic depression and delusion. I don't feel delusional but reading this made me second guess if what I'm feeling is really spiritual.
I know there prob is no definite answer but I'm curious what other people's take is on these subjects?

Spiritual awakening doesn't happen out of the blue. Just the fact that you're here posting is very good. Find out what appeals to you. Try meditating without even activating the mind or trying to get something out of it. Or, if you're worried about your mental state, look within and find the mind. Ask yourself, "Who Am I?" Look for the mind and examine it for yourself. Who better to know if you're crazy than yourself? Find the source of the mind and when thoughts arise concentrate on who witnesses them. It's a practice called self-enquiry. Don't listen to anyone who'd discourage you. You're on a noble path.

HeartSong11
06-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Spiritual awakening doesn't happen out of the blue. Just the fact that you're here posting is very good. Find out what appeals to you. Try meditating without even activating the mind or trying to get something out of it. Or, if you're worried about your mental state, look within and find the mind. Ask yourself, "Who Am I?" Look for the mind and examine it for yourself. Who better to know if you're crazy than yourself? Find the source of the mind and when thoughts arise concentrate on who witnesses them. It's a practice called self-enquiry. Don't listen to anyone who'd discourage you. You're on a noble path.

Thank you again :)

Yes I really need to trust my own intuition a lot more. I started awakening years ago slowly and some of the experiences were quite significant but because I have low self esteem I didn't trust my inner voice and dismissed the events that happened.
So now I am here so many years later trying to learn and progress.
And no one has the power to discourage me...except myself ;)

Spiritual Healer
16-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Read Ahead

Spiritual Healer
16-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Your curiosity is genuine actually everything has some pros or cons, so don't react on the bad reviews. If you do something than just follow of yourself. In spirituality, it depends on the motive that what do you want to resolve, so it is necessary to keep a guidance of spirituality because it works with right procedure. Manic depression and delusion are not the part of it. You need a guidance to do it correctly, learn more about it, here chamundaswamij.com

Kupava
05-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Please don't believe every article that comes out of western psychiatry and psychology they have belief in neither the spirit or the soul.

I've experienced what it is to lose your soul twice,so I say with great feeling that we have one.

Have enough spiritual or supernatural experiences and you will be convinced of this world.

Hi,