PDA

View Full Version : Do ghosts know they are dead & do they want to leave their location?

star-child
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I have a ghost in my house, my first sighting was when I was cleaning the kitchen and a black figure looked around the corner at me. I quickly turned and it was gone. I wasn't really scared and wasn't quite sure what I thought. A few months later my friend said she saw the same thing at my house so that confirmed it. I think I may have briefly seen it again but never as clearly as the first time.

My intuition tells me it's a male, possibly 60 but aside from that, I feel like it's a bit sad and doesn't want to be stuck in our house. I wonder whether it knows that I'm aware of it. I really want it to pass on to the other side but I don't have the skills to make that happen.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if ghosts know they are dead and if they know they shouldn't be here. Are they trying to get our attention because they want to get away from this place.

Also is it possible for a ghost to be somewhere other than where they died? My parents lived in this house many years before I was born so I'm surprised that I'm the first person to have seen it.

Thanks, Sophie :smile:

inspirit
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't believe in ghosts per se because I think that when people die they go to heaven. If ghosts exist then I think they are some other phenomenon and not the actual spirit of the person that died.

Spiritlite
03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I personally have seen ghosts and my belief is that they don't know they are dead. What I would suggest if you want to encourage a ghost to go to the light, is to light a candle and talk to the ghost saying to go to the light that looks like the light of the candle.
Spiritlite.

Kaere
03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I think there's a difference between a "ghost" and "spirit". A ghost could be an energetic imprint repeating itself or someone who has died but hasn't crossed over into the light. Sometimes they get stuck - from fear or whatever - or sometimes they are simply curious and want to stick around and have a gander. You might not be seeing a ghost however - but a spirit that has come back to visit and see how you're doing :)

You should go with your intuition and if you feel that he wants to move on but doesn't know how, Spiritlite's suggestion to instruct him to go into the light is a good one.

Tricia
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I think there are those, like Spiritlite has said, who are not aware they have passed on, therefore still hang around the earth plane.

star-child
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I personally have seen ghosts and my belief is that they don't know they are dead. What I would suggest if you want to encourage a ghost to go to the light, is to light a candle and talk to the ghost saying to go to the light that looks like the light of the candle.
Spiritlite.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think I will try that.

I think there's a difference between a "ghost" and "spirit". A ghost could be an energetic imprint repeating itself or someone who has died but hasn't crossed over into the light. Sometimes they get stuck - from fear or whatever - or sometimes they are simply curious and want to stick around and have a gander. You might not be seeing a ghost however - but a spirit that has come back to visit and see how you're doing :)

You should go with your intuition and if you feel that he wants to move on but doesn't know how, Spiritlite's suggestion to instruct him to go into the light is a good one.

Initially I couldn't think of anyone who would want to see how I'm doing but, it seems the spirit/ghost is quite small and once during an Angelic Guidance with a person who works with Archangel Michael, he said there is someone who has come through, he is this height *shows with hand*, they may be the same person as they seem the same height although the person who came through during my reading was young.

Anyway I will get back to you on this, I'm very deep in thought now so my communication skills are slack.

Skye
04-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree people have different meanings for spirits and ghosts and in the main we often know what a person is referring to when they talk of ghosts.

As our world interpenetrates with the spirit world it makes sense that we can at times catch glimpses of people passing by type of thing.

It's my understanding that when we die we do not enter the 'spirit world' straight away, we first find ourselves on the astral plane, which is a part of the spirit world, but closely resembles our world, which may account for why some people do not know they are no longer of the physical world.

All spirits (ghosts) on arrival are in the light and they are watched over by those spirits who have chosen to take on that particular task. From here we progress to the spirit world and continue with our evolvement.

Further to this we have to consider that within the astral world we can see living people who astral travel, as well as those who have passed on.

Rumar
13-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Some ghosts do but some don't, you definitely don't ask if they are dead or not because it's a very personal thing if they knew, if they didn't, you'll probably freak them out.

Most spirits don't have anywhere to go (or believe they don't), where are they to go? Heaven? If they weren't accepted then what? Go to Hell? Who's willing to go there? Most people believe that it's only Heaven and Hell, most spirits get confused, wait, if there's only Heaven and Hell, why am I in my house? What, When... WHY?! They're confused, they're scared, they got nowhere to go and then out of nowhere people move in.

ronaldoyesher
27-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I think evil spirit acting like ghost are real ghost. I believe in the existence of God the creator and evil spirits but not ghost. They don't really exist. If they do and people sees them as they always claim, then why can't they help humans. Ghosts does not exists