PDA

View Full Version : Distractions

heartsmart
20-09-2013, 09:03 PM
If you're planning to do something in your life... And then comes a whole bunch of distractions (major ones) does that mean you're not supposed to do that thing you plan to do? When to know what right choice to make?

livingkarma
20-09-2013, 09:51 PM
If it is a major distraction that needs to be dealt with before you can move forward w/your plans than that is what is required ...
There are always bumps in the road ...
LIfe is not linear ...
Remember this - weigh out your choices then make the best rational decision possible & trust your gut instinct in doing so ...
This "what to do?" issue continues to arise throughout life ...

silent whisper
20-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I look at these moments as life moments as they land, sometimes out of our control. We can make plans, choices, to want to do things and then suddenly we may either face a new direction, or we are needed to focus elsewhere. It doesnt always mean that you are not supposed to do the thing you want to do, but more going in flow with what arises before you reach that goal at another time. Sometimes too, those distractions support the plan in some way. You can look at this in a few ways. I guess the most important thing is not give up on your dreams but embrace all life as it comes your way.

Nada
21-09-2013, 01:47 AM
I consider distractions are "TESTS" to determine how committed one is about one's "PLAN/GOAL/MISSION".

Do not deviate from your focus and march on.

I myself have been facing the outside distractions that are not my own energies or intentions.

However, these distractions make me more committed to my goal.
I tried to balance; however, I always keep my own priority at the front and top.
I know that my achieving of my own goal is tied to others as well.
I am confident what my own goal is crucially important for both myself and for the source of the outside distractions.
So, all is good.

Stay focus and march on. You know what is important to you intuitively. Listen to your inner voice, your own soul.
Follow that and detach from the distractions as much as you can.

Adrienne
21-09-2013, 01:57 AM
distractions are choice options ~

Nada
21-09-2013, 02:52 AM
distractions are choice options ~

Or just sabotages.
Or excuses for fear of success.

heartsmart
21-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Hmm there seems to be a contradictory here, you all have valid points I think...

heartsmart
21-09-2013, 06:13 AM
I look at these moments as life moments as they land, sometimes out of our control. We can make plans, choices, to want to do things and then suddenly we may either face a new direction, or we are needed to focus elsewhere. It doesnt always mean that you are not supposed to do the thing you want to do, but more going in flow with what arises before you reach that goal at another time. Sometimes too, those distractions support the plan in some way. You can look at this in a few ways. I guess the most important thing is not give up on your dreams but embrace all life as it comes your way.

It's interesting what you say about distractions supporting the plan

heartsmart
21-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Or just sabotages.
Or excuses for fear of success.

Yea, but how do you know when / if its for better or for worse? Should you follow the "pulling" towards doing what the distraction directs, or can that also be misleading?

Ivy
21-09-2013, 06:36 AM
If you trust that pull and self analyse, you will learn whether the pull as you feel it now is spiritual intuition, fear, desire or expectation.

There is no right or wrong way... it is a combination of going with the flow/the pull, and finding the self honesty to learn the lesson that it brings.

Nada
21-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Yea, but how do you know when / if its for better or for worse? Should you follow the "pulling" towards doing what the distraction directs, or can that also be misleading?

If the distraction is not from your own intention, creation, and/or energy, you should follow your own inner voice.
In my opinion, it is never about for better or for worse. It is just a journey for lessons.

MadamStar
21-09-2013, 08:15 AM
If you're planning to do something in your life... And then comes a whole bunch of distractions (major ones) does that mean you're not supposed to do that thing you plan to do? When to know what right choice to make?

Keep your eyes on the prize. ;) I always notice that I can have the right goal in mind, but lots of 'obstacles' seem to come up. And when the obstacle causes me to hesitate, sometimes a change in direction is needed. If it feels like you are resisting the flow of things, then perhaps a new strategy is needed? Or maybe more focus on what you wish.

heartsmart
21-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Valid points, thanks guys. I know what I have to do now.