PDA

View Full Version : Animal companions are such a blessing

catjane
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
I love my cats. When I've no-one to turn to they've been there. They come outside to greet me every day when I return from work, they make my house a home. They do not judge me nor have expectations of me (except perhaps a full bowl of food!). They help me to see the wonder of nature. They comfort me and listen without interrupting :smile: They know my thoughts. They bring me smiles and belly laughs every day. They teach me to be present, mindful. The one with whom I have the closest bond will sit like a small, still buddha whilst I meditate, or come to me in my meditations as a spirit companion. My cats have no agenda, they do not lie, nor seek power or control. To me, my animal companions are pure light and love. They are a true blessing for which I am so grateful every single day :smile:

Tobi
13-09-2013, 12:08 AM
It's so beautiful and true, what you said, Catjane.

I am continuously given blessings by many creatures, but have to say many of the greatest blessings of my life have been shared with me by my dog. Things I would never have known without her.
I believe the key is unconditional love. They seem to find this tremendous thing much easier than many humans do, and are excellent conduits for it.

nephesh
13-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I fully agree with that animal companions give a person so much and they can and have so much to teach us as well.

lovingkind
18-09-2013, 03:14 AM
I agree with all. I love my cats and they are wonderful companions. They are always in the present...just being. They teach me to be present with their unconditional love.

Swami Chihuahuananda
14-12-2013, 10:07 AM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/sheltech/Feliz%20Navidad%20de%20los%20Chihuahuas/f8569185-0cbc-492c-ab8e-359961f31c7a_zps078773c8.jpg (http://s129.photobucket.com/user/sheltech/media/Feliz%20Navidad%20de%20los%20Chihuahuas/f8569185-0cbc-492c-ab8e-359961f31c7a_zps078773c8.jpg.html)

Say "Chis" :hug3:

kore_wa_sensou
14-12-2013, 07:34 PM
That is such an adorable picture, Dar. What cuties!

I agree with what everyone else has said. I have a kitty cat, and she's just the best thing ever. Everytime I come home from school, she runs up to me and meows. And whenever I come out into the living room to study in the wee hours of the morning she runs up to me and curls up by my side, to keep me company. Pets are great. They love you no matter. =)

pens66
25-12-2013, 01:57 AM
How cute, Dar! My parents have a 4 yo Chihuahua who rules the roost! I was just thinking the other day how my dogs are little perfect pieces of God. Animals are so lovely, they are whole and eternally loving and loyal. How lucky to have them and inspiring.

truestudentoflife
26-12-2013, 05:58 AM
I agree. My kitty is sitting with me here right now, beside the keyboard. :) I have two cats, whom I love very much. I can just lay with my other kitty, and I automatically, after a few moments, feel like I am in a zen moment. Like all is right with the world, and someone loves me. And my other kitty, the one here with me, is my little energy healer. When she touches or is near me, my body is usually healed of any of its hurts, and she usually can sense when I am sad as well. :) I love them both very much. Animals are true sources of pure love and guides for us to learn different things about life, which is why it is our sacred duty, I believe, to protect all sentient beings. :)
PS..love the doggy pics!

sweetair
02-01-2014, 07:40 AM
i feel awsome everytime i give food to cats XD

Makoiyi
02-01-2014, 03:01 PM
All the animals that I'm lucky enough to share my life with I respect and value, they teach me many lesson and help in so many ways. From the largest of the horses, the cat that's been sharing her time with me whilst I've been sick, the rabbits that keep the rug rats bossed about and amused to the smallest the Giant pet snails that keep the rug rats calm.

As well as all the other wild critters that make up this busy place.
Most found there way to here for various reasons be it for survival, a last chance, injury or illness. Yet each one here has a positive role to for fill and are loved and valued greatly for just being them selves. Besides which they also keep me sane in a crazy world and always laughing at either myself or there antics.

I'm lucky to share my life with them all
Makoiyi

DoctorStrange
04-01-2014, 06:11 PM
So very true. I had dogs for a large part of my life, and hopefully i'll get one soon again. :smile:

Jenny Crow
06-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Just want to say I feel like all of you - the animals, and for me dogs especially, that I've been honoured to share my life with have brought much love, joy and happiness to me and mine. And they're always there for you and they'll listen to your innermost secrets:smile:

the I AM man
11-01-2014, 02:54 AM
Indeed, nice words catjane, blessings to you and your animal companions :)

Morpheus
19-01-2014, 06:17 AM
I love my cats. When I've no-one to turn to they've been there. They come outside to greet me every day when I return from work, they make my house a home. They do not judge me nor have expectations of me (except perhaps a full bowl of food!). They help me to see the wonder of nature. They comfort me and listen without interrupting :smile: They know my thoughts. They bring me smiles and belly laughs every day. They teach me to be present, mindful. The one with whom I have the closest bond will sit like a small, still buddha whilst I meditate, or come to me in my meditations as a spirit companion. My cats have no agenda, they do not lie, nor seek power or control. To me, my animal companions are pure light and love. They are a true blessing for which I am so grateful every single day :smile:

Who could argue with that?

http://img258.imagevenue.com/loc347/th_111333528_acatb_122_347lo.jpg (http://img258.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=111333528_acatb_122_347lo.jpg)