PDA

View Full Version : How does your gift affect your everday activities?

hernam
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. For me I am still trying to accept my gift so it is currently effecting or is it affecting? most parts of my life as I am at time questioning my sanity. I feel anxious at time and other times annoyed that others seem so caught up in this material world.Other days it is like normal everyday life and I am that petdon caught ip on everyday life.

Mr Interesting
05-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm just extremely lucky all the time...

I end up with all I need and enough of what I want and it always seems to flow with ease and enjoyment. I am ready to smaile at the smallest oppurtunity and often begin doing so even before the opportunity originates... to the extent that maybe the smile creates all the luck!

And I enjoy a surety that has surprised me in the past when I see others who's own is sadly lacking... especially when what could be defined as risks are taken without foresight simply because things always work out.

Belle
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. For me I am still trying to accept my gift so it is currently effecting or is it affecting? most parts of my life as I am at time questioning my sanity. I feel anxious at time and other times annoyed that others seem so caught up in this material world.Other days it is like normal everyday life and I am that petdon caught ip on everyday life.

So, there is a lot in this question and it's not as straightforwards as might appear. Because we are first and foremost - human beings on this earth planet to live as a human. And it is integrating the spiritual aspect of ourselves so it becomes part and parcel, and natural.

There is nothing wrong with other people being in the material world, it may be their calling, it may be their passion, their forte, their life path - and it just may not be yours but it doesn't make it wrong for others. Your role is not about where or how or what other people do - your role is to find your niche.

I live a very material life in a material world, but therein lies a huge challenge as to deal with the various energies and egos and personalities - and create my own space that works in harmony.

And then there's urban spirituality - that's another one ...

So look to yourself, that's my advice. It's the biggest challenge you will face and it is in fact - for you - all about you.

hernam
05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I agree Belle. For me I would love to find today place within me that doesn't feel the need to judge, explain or analyze to let whatever just be. Observing without judgement or reaction.

I feel my spirit is waiting for me to take the plunge and live and be free, leaving my structured rule oriented ways behind, while my ego or brain is saying, "no be cautious" Fear is what seems to be in the way.
I am amazed at how our o

Bodhi_Spirit
05-09-2013, 10:42 PM
How does my gift affect everyday activities hmmm? Well it affects my sleep more often than I'd like it too.

Ivy
06-09-2013, 05:59 AM
I accept my everyday life (gifts and all) as just that...my everyday life.

As life changes, I adapt to it.

Belle
06-09-2013, 07:18 AM
I agree Belle. For me I would love to find today place within me that doesn't feel the need to judge, explain or analyze to let whatever just be. Observing without judgement or reaction.

I feel my spirit is waiting for me to take the plunge and live and be free, leaving my structured rule oriented ways behind, while my ego or brain is saying, "no be cautious" Fear is what seems to be in the way.
I am amazed at how our o

These things don't change overnight. It is small steps.

I think - the word you are looking for is acceptance. Acceptance of others where they are at in their lives, acceptance of yourself in your life - and so on.

there is an amazing freedom when you acccept various circumstances and perhaps what you might perceive as limitations?

A human Being
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM

I am amazed at how our o

Ah, hernam, fear usually is what's in the way :smile: I'm still not entirely clear on why we've developed like that, I'm guessing our animal nature and our intellect are at odds with one another - our animal nature is the irrational side of us, our intellect is the rational side (well, in theory). Fear, I'm increasingly becoming convinced, is at the root of most diseases; psychological fear creates a physical fear, which of course affects our physiology and weakens our immune systems (we know pretty conclusively the effects of stress on heart health, for example, but I think it goes way beyond that).

I think the problem is you're relying too much on your reasoning skills to make sense of it all, the problem is that the mind is a very doubting, fearful entity for the great majority of us, it's a much more limited entity than we imagine. You really have to give attention to how you feel - if you can do that, honestly and without judgment, you can clear any blockages and resistance you may have.

Bit of a ramble, hopefully I didn't bore you. Good luck :hug2:

Selenphina
06-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Mostly I find it distracting at times. I just have to say I'm not a fan of the word 'gifts', since I believe we all might have the ability to experience Spirit. But anyway... I do often witness things visually (or in other ways) that those around me are not experiencing at the time. This can be strange and very distracting when I'm with other people who I'm not comfortable opening up to about it. So I just act like nothing out of the ordinary is going on and I try to act normal. lol

Lamory
06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
First of all Hernam, I do not look at it as a gift, or an ability or something unique.

Everyone has these capabilities and more, it's just that we (people like us posting here), have learned to use these 'powers', a bit more than the rest.
I do not even think it is a mater of talent or so.

how i use it... For my self as much as i can, for others only for those who are genuine interested.

Lamory

healinghands23
06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Hernam.
I would offer the same response, first off acceptance of your gift(s) and understand you have them for a reason (that may not have identified it's self yet)
As for myself, I thank the universe everyday for my gifts. The downsides are people always come to tell me everything about themselves and say I don't know why I am telling you this, I've never told anyone. People are drawn to the white light and energy. (this also applies to the dark entities on earth as well). I usually scare the hell out of men (can't really get an answer, yet have been told that more than one time). People will always come for answers.
I would say embrace what you have been given and prepare your self for the ride of your life.

hernam
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
First of all Hernam, I do not look at it as a gift, or an ability or something unique.

Everyone has these capabilities and more, it's just that we (people like us posting here), have learned to use these 'powers', a bit more than the rest.
I do not even think it is a mater of talent or so.

how i use it... For my self as much as i can, for others only for those who are genuine interested.

Lamory

Yes lamory perhaps a better word to use than gift would be abilities.

hernam
06-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Hernam.
I would offer the same response, first off acceptance of your gift(s) and understand you have them for a reason (that may not have identified it's
I would say embrace what you have been given and prepare your self for the ride of your life.

Yes I believe in time I will get to a place of acceptance. As believe and faith is for me how all thi begun. At times I feel great joy for the adventure that awaits, my newfound view on everything, but at other times I feel fear. I believe with time and faith I will have more and more days of joy and acceptance.

hernam
06-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Ah, hernam, fear usually is what's in the way :smile: I'm still not entirely clear on why we've developed like that, I'm guessing our animal nature and our intellect are at odds with one another - our animal nature is the irrational side of us, our intellect is the rational side (well, in theory). Fear, I'm increasingly becoming convinced, is at the root of most diseases; psychological fear creates a physical fear, which of course affects our physiology and weakens our immune systems (we know pretty conclusively the effects of stress on heart health, for example, but I think it goes way beyond that).

I think the problem is you're relying too much on your reasoning skills to make sense of it all, the problem is that the mind is a very doubting, fearful entity for the great majority of us, it's a much more limited entity than we imagine. You really have to give attention to how you feel - if you can do that, honestly and without judgment, you can clear any blockages and resistance you may have.

Bit of a ramble, hopefully I didn't bore you. Good luck :hug2:

No human being not bored at all , releaved to be able to discuss these things with others. Yes fear, hmm I wonder if fear comes from the ego? A sort of protective mechanisms from our emotions.anytime I feel fear there is us usually other emotions behind the fear.