PDA

View Full Version : Communication with Insects

Usako
04-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I wanted to share my experience and see the opinions or stories of other members who have had similar thing happen to them.

On Monday I got locked out of my house for four hours so I was left in the Garden to entertain myself, which I actually enjoy...taking care of my plants is something which always soothes my mind and spirit.

A while ago I discovered a bumble bee had nested in an old broomstick my mom put againts one of our trees because it was growing very crooked, they made a hole on one side and seem to have made a good portion of it hollow on the inside, and already there seems to be beeswax on one side of the hole.

That day I went to inspect if they bumblebee was still there when I saw it inside, so I tried to get it to come out, I buzzed (lol)...didn't work much, so I started talking to it as I would to a dog, very sweetly I said "Come on out, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to meet and see you, come out" and it responded, started coming out little by little, and would put his head out looking at me and staring at me curiously as I stared at him, the more I talked the more he came out, never completely but it felt as if we understood each other.

As a puppy would do, curiously it would get close but when I tried to touch him, he'd run inside the hole, so I'd start talking again and he would came out and we'd stare at each other for a long time, it felt amazing. A little while after he flew away and I discovered there are more than one inside, I got to take a pic of him with its little head out, he'd come closer when it was me, but once I place the Ipad in front of him he'd be afraid to come out.

Both Bumble bees were very "nice", I had always been so afraid of them, avoiding them when I felt one close, but they seem to be very docile creatures.

Was this communication with insects or mere coincidence? Well regardless it was a very nice experience for me and now I am no longer afraid of them. :D

Usako
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Here's the pic I got to take of the little animal!

http://i43.tinypic.com/11hutlx.jpg

Sorry the quality is not very good, but it was scared of the Ipad, that was my one chance to get it!

Usako
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Hmm they seem to have really built a nest in that stick...I just went to see if I could find my little friends, and different to the ones I saw this was black colored, at least the head but not as gentle as the others, I tried to pursue it to come out like with the others and it didn't, just lifted a little its eyes from the inside and went right in...I was scared. Insects scare me, well most...I love ladybugs, just caught two on one of my trees having...ahem intercourse! hahaha

I wonder if I should take the broomstick somewhere else? My fear is that they will sting my dog and she is highly allergic, but I am afraid that someone will think is trash and throw it away...and so far they seem to be more scared of us than we are of them. Isn't sad what humans have forced animals to do when it comes to surviving? But it is nice to know how intelligent and resorceful they are!

Tobi
06-09-2013, 01:06 AM
What an absolutely wonderful experience!

I love that picture you took of the bee in the broomstick!

I do this sort of thing all the time with any creature who crosses my path. Last night I talked to a little black beetle who skedaddled across my floor when I was writing on my laptop. He didn't talk back much but he was friendly. He even climbed up my back, which made me giggle!
I offered him a tiny piece of oatcake...but then thought he might not be interested in that kind of snack. He investigated it thoroughly, but didn't eat any, then took off rushing all round my room again, and coming back to me. He slowed down as he approached me. Probably because I was a bit of a scary monster to him, even though I was friendly.
I like insects generally, and have done since I was a little kid.

Arcturus
07-09-2013, 12:01 PM
nice story, thx.

Usako
08-09-2013, 07:16 PM
What an absolutely wonderful experience!

I love that picture you took of the bee in the broomstick!

I do this sort of thing all the time with any creature who crosses my path. Last night I talked to a little black beetle who skedaddled across my floor when I was writing on my laptop. He didn't talk back much but he was friendly. He even climbed up my back, which made me giggle!
I offered him a tiny piece of oatcake...but then thought he might not be interested in that kind of snack. He investigated it thoroughly, but didn't eat any, then took off rushing all round my room again, and coming back to me. He slowed down as he approached me. Probably because I was a bit of a scary monster to him, even though I was friendly.
I like insects generally, and have done since I was a little kid.

Thank you! Though today I was sad, I have been checking them everyday since it has been raining a lot, fearing the hive will be flooded, and I had a not so friendly meeting from the black one, he's not like the others (in that pic) and you know when a bumble bee shows you his bum out of that hole, you .better walk away!

I do the same, now I am happy because it seems cat don't "hate" me anymore. Sorry if I ask, never had such an experience or heard about it, how do they talk? Is there some feeling or telepathic exchange?

Sounds amazing! I wish to have an experience like yours someday!

Oh well I wasn't like this, more into insects when I was a kid, but like many things in my life, I developed fears as I grew up which never existed. For example, I like small butterflies, but if a big (especially a dark one) butterfly flies towards me, I'll scream and run fast for a safe place! :tongue:

Thank you so much for sharing!:hug3:

Usako
08-09-2013, 07:16 PM
nice story, thx.

You're welcome

yosefu
12-05-2015, 03:01 PM
i find that your experience is really cool ..

i was thinking in how to do a communication with insects ,,
So when i searched on google, i found your story .. :)

i am also scared from it but talking by using your own words to communicate .. its like she sense your feelings .. more than just a copy of its noise sound ..

very touched by your story .. thanks for sharing it :redface: