PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying love spread

Emski
28-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I did a "clarifying love spread" for someone and (yet again!) am struggling to fit the pieces together... Please help :)

1, where I stand in relationship ....10 pentacles
2, what's crossing me.... Ace pentacles
3, where he stands.....10 swords
4, what's crossing him....king cups
5,How I THINK things are ...5 cups
6, how he thinks things are....9 cups
7, How things really are for me/advice.....2 wands
8, how things really are for him.....3 cups
9, how our energies flow together....the sun
10, outcome for me if I follow this course....the emperor
11, outcome for him. ....5 wands
12, result as a couple .......the high priestess

Any advice would be greatly received....I can interpret individually but I realise this is no use in a spread...I'll get in one day I'm sure :)

Blessings

Jenny Crow
29-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Sorry, but I just need to clarify something here - you said you did this for "someone" but when you're listing the layout you say "me" - as in number 2 - "what's crossing me". So are you asking what's crossing you or the person you did the reading for?

Jenny Crow

Emski
29-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi Jenny
No they were the questions asked based on the querant.
Oh and there were no reversals, forgot to say that before :)

Blessings

shadedragon
29-08-2013, 08:45 PM
just curious (hi again! :) do you have a resource you can turn to for another individual interpretation of these cards? I have a couple of resources if you'd like that may help. Also, why do you say that this type wouldn't work in a spread? all you need to do is place the card's meaning into the context of the particular question being asked, do this for each one, and then bring the pieces together. Also, a good tool is intuition, and practice for piecing together answers based on individual card meanings. How they come together, then, is how your intuition would help you.
take a look at the other interpretation I made for your other spread. All of those pieces were based on individual card meanings, then at the end of each I put a summary, putting them in context and summarizing them together, intuitively, but also based on the context and the questions being asked.

Jenny Crow
30-08-2013, 04:36 AM
Well, I'm not sure what spread you used, I don't think it was the Celtic Cross but I get the impression that he's more ready for the relationship than the querant. I feel both people are at a point where they're asking pertinent questions about the relationship and he may be 'thinking' one way and 'feeling' another way.

I feel that he thinks the world of the other person and the two peoples' energies work well together but the person who is the "I" is not as positive about things at the moment as he is. The advice for the person called 'me" is to be more open, think more positively about the relationship, give it a real chance to work and then more than likely it will.

Jenny Crow

WhiteWolfy
30-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I think it would be a good idea if you try and interpret the cards yourself (even if it is a short sentence for each card) based on the specific question asked before anyone else helps as you are never going to learn to read tarot any other way. As shadedragon said once you have a sentence by each card you will pick up/begin to see the main summary message. Just my thoughts. :smile:

Emski
30-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you for all your comments and advice :)
I do have resources to help me with the individual cards but I find it very difficult when the card drawn doesn't seem to relate to the question (if that makes sense). For example the pentacles tend to focus on finance and work which is hard to interpret in a relationship spread. I try to use my intuition but to be honest I'm never sure whether my intuition is right....how can you be sure?
Thanks again for your help everyone :)
Blessings

spiritspark8
30-08-2013, 10:16 PM
When we look at a layout, instead of breaking down to the sum of parts, look at the whole. IOW how does the whole spread make me feel? Like in a relationship layout "are the guides telling me it will be well or am I doomed?" I would go with the initial impression. Not the one we examine when we pick up each card, and look at sum of parts. Like "I like seeing the Empress but I am seeing the Tower, will this work?" I feel terrible when I see the Tower lol. In example. So think deeply about the overall impression of them as a unit. Like set aside any books. And really focus. How do you feel? That will give you the answer in what the Tarot is trying to tell you.