PDA

View Full Version : Post an inspiring painting & give it a story!

alexa_summer
27-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Post an inspiring piece of art (yours or a famous artist) & allow it to flow through your mind & give it a story..maybe a story you relate to or maybe something you made up in your head.. Tell us how it makes you feel. (Just make sure you properly credit the paintings)
This can be a fun activity to spark the creativity within yourself!
I guess I will go first! :)

I really feel a connection to the Spanish surrealist painter, Remedios Varo. She bases many of her paintings off of general philosophy & mysticism, & I have been very intrigued by her work!

http://s9.postimg.org/3nt59ctov/tumblr_mqh518_Ovvy1s76gslo1_500.jpg
I forget what this one was called. But it makes me feel somewhat sad. It's like when a person you feel so connected with leaves you for good..& leaves their energy imprint where they left, just for you to remember them. Maybe someone close to you who died. When I look at this picture, I get the same feeling I had when my grandfather passed & we placed my grandmother in a nursing home & put their house up for auction. After all the tradition & memories..it was a peaceful, quiet home, a sitting area next to the garage with a bird bath & very abundant with nature. As my mom sat at my grandmother's diningroom table with her, trying to plan out her finances. I wandered around the house & just thought of all the memories of family gatherings & long line of history in this home. No matter what, I still felt my grandfather's energy, it was almost as if he never left. Their imprint is still there..

Fibromom
31-08-2013, 05:32 PM
The first impression I had was of everlasting love & even though they are physically apart, the spirits will stay together. I had a warm feeling when I saw this.