PDA

View Full Version : Books about Mindfulness

ladiesman
21-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey , guys
Anyone can give me some suggestions about books that explore the mindfulness concept? Im between Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat and Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world by Mark Willians.. What is the best to start? Waiting for the opinions..

maejin
27-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello ladiesman,
I find the books written by actual monks to be the most simple and easy to understand. Also these are always free. You can find most of these freely on the internet in places like buddhanet.net (can't post the actual link, don't have enough posts) in their e-book library.
Two of my favourites are Anapanasati by Buddhadasa Bhikku, and the Power of Mindfulness by Nyanaponika Thera.
I would of course humbly suggest that you practise more than read as that's the only way you'll really understand the meditation and benefit from it. Meditation is like riding a bike.

Tara Hall
31-10-2013, 08:30 PM
This book is about meditation rather than mindfulness but I found it very helpful.
Teach Yourself To Meditate: Over 20 simple exercises for peace, health & clarity of mind: Over 20 Exercises for Peace, Health and Clarity of Mind by Eric Harrison.

I also found this website good

Get some headspace.com

The 10 minute free daily download is a good start

Wandering Soul
21-12-2013, 07:28 PM
I read Mindfulness meditation by Jon Cabat and it was good I would recommend it. But honestly that book is a lot like the power of now just not as good. I would recommend the power of now by echarte tolle over any other book I have ever read.

AstraMaeve
13-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I agree that "The Power of Now" is a really great book about mindfulness. Actually, anything by Eckhart Tolle would be wonderful!