PDA

View Full Version : Ten Card Celtic Cross Spread - Looking for Feedback

Spirit Wanderer
13-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi,

I don’t usually read this section of the forum but I’ve always been fascinated by Tarot Cards.

A friend of mine is really getting into Tarot Cards and Readings and she told me to ask some questions, so I asked a serious question. A question I’d love an answer to - She’s a bit new at reading the cards. I would love to get some insight from some more experienced Tarot Readers here on the boards if someone has a spare moment to interpret the cards she drew for me?

A little background before I list out the cards.

I went through college years ago as an Art major but didn’t finish because of personal issues that came up at that time in my life. Needless to say, I never went back and finished but I used to draw, paint and play music all through my childhood ... it was my passion back then. I got to working full time and playing computer games with friends and my art went out the window so to speak. Years later, I’m just now finding time each week to start up with drawing and painting again which I love.

My question:
If I pursued my passion for art, say for making money and career wise could it lead to anything more than just a hobby?

Here’s a list of the cards she came up with - She used what she called a Ten Card Celtic Cross Spread and she tried to describe what each position meant.

I hope I listed these out correctly and hopefully they make some sense because I know I can't read them. :redface:

1) Present
XIII - Death

2) Immediate Challenge
King of Pentacles

3) Foundation - Root of the Matter
The Fool

4) The Past
Seven of Wands

5) Short Term Outlook - Near Future
Three of Wands

6) The Future
Eight of Wands

7) Hopes and Fears
Page of Cups

8) Outside Influences
Two of Cups

9) Internal Influences
XV - The Devil

10) The Long Term Outcome
King of Wands

If anyone could spare a moment and give some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who took the time to read the post! :hug3:

Jenny Crow
17-08-2013, 06:11 AM
The Death card, to me, is symbolizing that what you've been struggling with will soon be over which is another way of saying that you can bring an end to not working with your art and transform the situation to making it work for you professionally. The King of Pentacles is a hard worker, down to earth, good with money etc. This card is saying you would have every chance of success through your art if you stay focused and optimistic. The Fool - go ahead, jump off the cliff and take a chance!

In the past you may have not had the belief in yourself that's needed to make this work, you may have felt a little unsure and that's why, perhaps, you let 'life' and other pursuits take over. The 3 Wands are saying that now you have more confidence and the initiative to make things work. You might, if you're working at present, continue working while you also work on your dream of launching your new career.

The 8 Wands for the future, is a card of movement, often quick movement and advancement. This card can depict business dealings and this card usually indicates success but stay grounded and don't be too hasty with things.

In your hopes and fears the Page of Cups is indicating that, really, you've been dreaming of doing this for a while now - listen to your intuition and also your dreams might be important now. Don't let yourself be too naive, though, apply yourself to what needs to be done and you should be fine.

Well, seems like the Devil is playing havoc within (your subconscious). This card is often about fear which can constrict or prevent your creative energy from flowing freely - so don't let fear take over!

The K of Wands symbolizes that you have the energy to do this, believe in yourself, take charge of the situation, be self-assured and dig down and find that strength of will that will take you to the top!

Good luck
Jenny Crow

LadyTerra
18-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I don’t usually read this section of the forum but I’ve always been fascinated by Tarot Cards.

A friend of mine is really getting into Tarot Cards and Readings and she told me to ask some questions, so I asked a serious question. A question I’d love an answer to - She’s a bit new at reading the cards. I would love to get some insight from some more experienced Tarot Readers here on the boards if someone has a spare moment to interpret the cards she drew for me?

A little background before I list out the cards.

I went through college years ago as an Art major but didn’t finish because of personal issues that came up at that time in my life. Needless to say, I never went back and finished but I used to draw, paint and play music all through my childhood ... it was my passion back then. I got to working full time and playing computer games with friends and my art went out the window so to speak. Years later, I’m just now finding time each week to start up with drawing and painting again which I love.

My question:
If I pursued my passion for art, say for making money and career wise could it lead to anything more than just a hobby?

Here’s a list of the cards she came up with - She used what she called a Ten Card Celtic Cross Spread and she tried to describe what each position meant.

I hope I listed these out correctly and hopefully they make some sense because I know I can't read them. :redface:

1) Present
XIII - Death

2) Immediate Challenge
King of Pentacles

The Fool

4) The Past
Seven of Wands

Three of Wands

6) The Future
Eight of Wands

7) Hopes and Fears
Page of Cups

8) Outside Influences
Two of Cups

9) Internal Influences
XV - The Devil

King of Wands

If anyone could spare a moment and give some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who took the time to read the post! :hug3:

What I need to know is if any of these Cards were inverted--please?

Albalida
18-08-2013, 02:58 PM
1) Present
XIII - Death

2) Immediate Challenge
King of Pentacles

Death means transitions: you're going back to artistry all of a sudden. Pentacles represent money and appear to be the crux of the issue. So, this tells me that the cards would "echo back" the question.

The Fool

4) The Past
Seven of Wands

Three of Wands

6) The Future
Eight of Wands

All the wands tell me that you have a lot of creative energy, but the circumstances are quite the wildcard. The three of wands advises some dedication to a business plan, but The Fool says to just do whatever you feel like, and The Fool is a "stronger" card being a major rather than a minor (arcana, in the tarot lingo).

7) Hopes and Fears
Page of Cups

8) Outside Influences
Two of Cups

9) Internal Influences
XV - The Devil

King of Wands[/U][/B]

You might have some yearning for comfort that might get in the way of your pursuit. The two of cups is usually a positive card, of love, reconciliation... but, against the creative wands it would be ill-dignified. Cups and wands clash with each other.

The long term outcome says, yes, you can get by on your art. That certainly doesn't mean that you can drop everything and just let fate catch you.

In general, all the wands tell me that you have a lot of creative energy, and a few comfortably tempting barriers or annoyances to that (represented by the cups).

The most concerning to me is The Devil card in internal influences. It's good to ride the energy of creativity while it flows, but the Devil warns of a ruinous obsession with it. That seems to be an internal thing that you'd better work on... because otherwise, it's a very positive reading for your art. Death and The Fool together in a spread are both very positive cards for transitions and new beginnings. The Devil is the only negative one, but it's a very negative one.

So, basically, you might have minor obstacles in the external world, but the only one standing in your way (or what would trip you up most) is some deeply-held fatal flaw.

Spirit Wanderer
18-08-2013, 07:07 PM
What I need to know is if any of these Cards were inverted--please?

No Lady Terra, none of the cards drawn were inverted - Thank you for taking the time. :smile:

The most concerning to me is The Devil card in internal influences. It's good to ride the energy of creativity while it flows, but the Devil warns of a ruinous obsession with it. That seems to be an internal thing that you'd better work on... because otherwise, it's a very positive reading for your art. Death and The Fool together in a spread are both very positive cards for transitions and new beginnings. The Devil is the only negative one, but it's a very negative one.

When I was young I got mixed feedback about my artwork and I think some of the negative energy stuck ... which is what I think I'm battling with at the moment. The parent that thinks drawing and painting is a waste of time and you need to get a "Real" profession instead of playing games and painting all your life.

Even when in college I resented my parents for not supporting me more and deep down somewhere I believed they might have been right. It's like a tug-of war with emotions inside me sometimes I fight with even as an adult. I feel the compulsive need to prove them wrong or I get a "That's not good enough for dad" feeling flood over me when I'm drawing/painting. The same feeling the high school student gets if he/she doesn't get an "A" on the test to please his/her parents.

I tend to have a perfectionist attitude when I draw/paint for that sole reason I think.

That's the only "obsessive" internal issue that comes to mind and I would have never thought of that.

Thank you very much! :hug2:

The input so far is giving me a direction and something I need to work on which helps me get closer to my goal.