PDA

View Full Version : They say "anything is possible" with the law of attraction, except love!

AstraeaLunaAvani
12-08-2013, 06:17 AM
I've been a follower of the law of attraction for a few years now. I implemented everything I learned and manifested EVERYTHING I wanted, EXCEPT for love. I have a man i'm interested in but he doesn't want to be with me that way, so I manifested "almost" love. But in the end, you really can't control people or make them love you, so why do they keep saying ANYTHING is possible? I think it's anything that doesn't involve other people, because they have their own free will.

Thoughts?

Somnia
12-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Yes, I believe this is true. I think instead of trying to manifesting a specific person to love you, you should try to focus on the qualities you want in a person and try to manifest someone who has those specific qualities you need. This way, you are not infringing on a person's free will by wanting to attract a certain person.

AstraeaLunaAvani
12-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Yes, I believe this is true. I think instead of trying to manifesting a specific person to love you, you should try to focus on the qualities you want in a person and try to manifest someone who has those specific qualities you need. This way, you are not infringing on a person's free will by wanting to attract a certain person.

That isn't what I tried to do...I did it the right way, then a man came into my life, we started to become closer but then I found out he didnt want a girlfriend! So what the hell...the universe brought me the kind of man I wanted but he doesn't even want to be with anyone! :confused:

primrose
13-08-2013, 07:01 AM
This time do it again add that the one you want will be someone who wants the same thing. It will work. I agree not to specify anyone in particular.

AstraeaLunaAvani
13-08-2013, 12:29 PM
This time do it again add that the one you want will be someone who wants the same thing. It will work. I agree not to specify anyone in particular.

The problem now is, i'm in love with THIS one! lol It's hard to manifest something you have no feelings for, while HAVING feelings for something right in front of your face that you can't have!

Carwen*Angel
13-08-2013, 04:36 PM
It is a tricky one, Astraea, and I understand your frustration, having been there before myself.

When you worked on manifesting love before, you didn't put a time stipulation on it did you? That was one way in which it did not work well for me before. I cast a spell and made a time stipulation on it. The universe met the stipulation, but brought a very short-term partner only. If it wasn't a time stipulation, there may still have been some other thing that can be tweaked in future manifestation work.

I had to continue working on my manifestation methods and wait another whole year and do a lot of heart healing and self-development before I found the right soulmate for me at this time, who loved me back.

What worked best for me in the end was definitely matching my vibration to the vibration of love: it was seeped into everything I did; items I chose to decorate my home with (hearts, flowers and love crystals); meditations for heart healing and inspired by romance angels; cosmic ordering for my ideal partner; truly leaving it in the hands of the universe and filling my time with other things including travel, friends and music; learning to love and be romantic towards myself.

livingkarma
13-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Remember "want" is from the ego ...
Your needs will be provided for from the universe when it is your time for certain learning experiences ...
In the meantime, do as what was suggested below by living your life & learning patience ...

filling my time with other things

AstraeaLunaAvani
13-08-2013, 11:35 PM
It is a tricky one, Astraea, and I understand your frustration, having been there before myself.

When you worked on manifesting love before, you didn't put a time stipulation on it did you? That was one way in which it did not work well for me before. I cast a spell and made a time stipulation on it. The universe met the stipulation, but brought a very short-term partner only. If it wasn't a time stipulation, there may still have been some other thing that can be tweaked in future manifestation work.

I had to continue working on my manifestation methods and wait another whole year and do a lot of heart healing and self-development before I found the right soulmate for me at this time, who loved me back.

What worked best for me in the end was definitely matching my vibration to the vibration of love: it was seeped into everything I did; items I chose to decorate my home with (hearts, flowers and love crystals); meditations for heart healing and inspired by romance angels; cosmic ordering for my ideal partner; truly leaving it in the hands of the universe and filling my time with other things including travel, friends and music; learning to love and be romantic towards myself.

No I didn't put any time stipulations on it, in fact it took a few years to even manifest everything else, so maybe the love part is just taking longer! lol

I have been really trying to make the love vibration, and honestly for like half a year before I met this guy, I didn't even have any expectations for anyone or anything, I moved, got a new job, focused on my future plans, enjoyed life as much as I could, then he crept in without me noticing, really! lol

AstraeaLunaAvani
13-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Remember "want" is from the ego ...
Your needs will be provided for from the universe when it is your time for certain learning experiences ...
In the meantime, do as what was suggested below by living your life & learning patience ...

Everything else I've gotten comes from want though, I wanted a new job, I wanted more money, I didnt want to have to live with my mom anymore, I wanted a new vehicle, and I got all those things. In fact those things are more material wants than love is, actually love isn't a material want at all, it's one of the basics in life that we all need. And i'll argue with anyone about how we really do need love, you can tell in people who rarely get it, they have mental and emotional issues (including me).

velvet
21-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I've been a follower of the law of attraction for a few years now. I implemented everything I learned and manifested EVERYTHING I wanted, EXCEPT for love. I have a man i'm interested in but he doesn't want to be with me that way, so I manifested "almost" love. But in the end, you really can't control people or make them love you, so why do they keep saying ANYTHING is possible? I think it's anything that doesn't involve other people, because they have their own free will.

Thoughts?

I totally have the same situation. I was able to move by my own, got a better paying job, got the car that I asked with the milage and the price I was looking for. I'm still waiting for love, still no luck. I know what I want but I seem to be getting the same situation. It could be that I get discourage because something seems to get in the way. All I can say is to keep trying don't get discourage, tell the universe to bring you someone who will be interested in being in a relationship with you and yourself as well. Write the qualities that you bring to a relationship but what you're looking for in that person. Ask for extra help for your angels and spirit guides to help you out as well. Don't give up, if you do get up and keep going.

MadamStar
28-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Thoughts?

Oh, that's probably not the nicest thing to do to someone. This is what my ex boyfriend did to me. He wished upon me, and kinda derailed my own plans for my life in the process. I had this amazing job set up, and I was supposed to move to Japan for a year. I was back within a week. It kinda sucked. :(

This is just one example--a big one though. Take it from someone who has been through this, don't do it! Snot nice... like a love potion or something.

rogermac
29-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I guess there's a bit of a communication problem here. Attracting love is different from attracting a person...
When you attract love it therefore comes with a person, and you're doing it the other way around. You're looking for a person with certain traits and eventually love.

You have to aim for "Love", not a certain "person who happens to love me back". Try to not look for a person and focus only on love, and I truly believe that you'll be surprised such as I was.

When you stop searching for a person with certain traits and focus on love, the Universe will send you love. And because you've expected a certain type of person for such a long time, the Universe might just give you love and the person that you've been looking for :)

What if I don't love him/her back? (let me just answer that one quickly too)
Opportunities are like trains. If you lose one, just wait a while... another one will come by.

Good luck!

Jon-Pax
30-08-2013, 01:18 PM
There is a video short on you tube called Abraham hicks - fall in love with the vortex version
Will expand on the law n what a few of the posters are sharing

AstraeaLunaAvani
30-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I guess there's a bit of a communication problem here. Attracting love is different from attracting a person...
When you attract love it therefore comes with a person, and you're doing it the other way around. You're looking for a person with certain traits and eventually love.

You have to aim for "Love", not a certain "person who happens to love me back". Try to not look for a person and focus only on love, and I truly believe that you'll be surprised such as I was.

When you stop searching for a person with certain traits and focus on love, the Universe will send you love. And because you've expected a certain type of person for such a long time, the Universe might just give you love and the person that you've been looking for :)

Opportunities are like trains. If you lose one, just wait a while... another one will come by.

Good luck!

I understand what you mean, and trust me, I didn't do this wrong. I wasn't trying to win his love when this started out. I didn't even know him yet. All this stuff came to me at the same time, he came to me at the same time as everything else, and it was literally him that sat down next to me and from then on we were inseperable. Actually at the time I met him, I was trying to get with this OTHER guy who I thought the universe was bringing to me! lol So what a surprise that was! So yeah I totally did NOT try to pinpoint this guy, it wasn't until a few months after I knew him that I really started to want to be with him.

NovaSounds
31-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Hi AstraeaLunaAvani!
Don't get stuck thinking too much! Let go.....and Go with the flow.

Good Luck!

Nova

loa1209
31-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Thoughts?

Yes i too was kind of annoyed or even now i feel that "Anything is possible" "nothing is impossible" comes with a fine print.
It applies for things in general and not specific.

So when it comes to love, you can have your dream come true and in that sense anything is possible. But if may or may not be that specific guy.

I found being general like that and relaxing works better.

Try to do meditations or some activity everyday to connect with Source. When you do that you will get guidance and your thoughts, actions will be correctly aligned and will remove noise you might have.
best of luck

dmtmd
21-10-2013, 06:25 PM
You will attract versions of people into your reality, but I think the most important step here is to make it okay for him and others not to be in love for you. The only thing holding you back from someone who does love you is your resistance to those who dont.

RavenListener
23-10-2013, 09:53 PM

Thoughts?

I'm new - and 2 months late for the beginning of this thread, so by all means take what I say with a grain of salt.

Perhaps, you weren't specific about the kind of love? You say "almost" love, so maybe you did manifest love and perhaps the person you referenced does love you as a friend, or in a universal/unconditional way, rather than the 'romantic' way you've implied that you tried to manifest.

Another possibility could be, that you did manifest a romantic love, but the person involved (not the one you referenced) is either too shy or whatever to act upon it and let you know.

About LoA not working for 'love', perhaps by trying to manifest it you told the universe "I don't have it"... so, granted.

I don't know, just thinking out loud :)

Funny How Time Flies
28-10-2013, 03:03 AM

Thoughts?
Love, similar to bliss and peace, is just an indicator of your degree of connection with source.

Bernice076
20-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I think it is probably not the right time and of course you get frustrated with not having attained what you want yet...keep going, believe in it if that is the person you really want to share your life with...he will come to you. :) I know from personal experience

loa1209
03-12-2013, 02:21 PM

Thoughts?

i agree with you that its kind of utter nonsense to say ANything is Possible then they come in and say but you can't want a specific person. According to me its pure nonsense way to put it. then freaking stop saying anything is possible.

So anyway now that i am done saying that.! lol
When they say Anything is possible its more at an essence level. Its almost like this is the fine print.
Mostly what i have found is if you say "Oh god if only this one thing can happen" - then you already put yourself in an attachment frame of mind.
Best thing is to be in a position where you are ok with nothing more happening on your life. then everything that happens is more magical.
If you can say that if nothing more happens and my life is going to be exactly same as is every single day - then can i be happy? If your answer is NO. then there is some work to do. internal work.

Meditation, and other tools to access the Superconscious state. When you get into that realm everything will be like bliss and beautiful joy etc. You would not care about other things. this is what the yogis talk about. You don't need to make that leap right away, but we can experience that in bursts.

Its like same as when there is lovely song and you dance to it for few minutes and that joy is pure, no conditions to it.
Or you enter a garden so beautiful and you get engrossed for 30 mins and you never felt time.
Get what i am saying. those moments are truly unattached to anything.
Where as when you think of getting your man, there are more noises that come in. I am not discouraging from getting the human love you want at all, but this is just to give picture as to how the human love should feel too whether its gonna happen or not. it should be w/o those resistive feelings. But if those feelings are there it means you want to increase your Superconscious moments through specific tools like meditation etc . You want to be in those states more.

the answer as many philosophers have said - "The only way to get back home is to fall in love with God".
this god is nothing but those kind of moments where you get mesmerized and time passes by.
So try to find your joy and passion.
if this person lets say is not in your life and you never met him. Lets say. then what would you love to do in life? what would give you most joy and how would your ideal day be like?
And start doing that now. Then life will be that amazing beautiful way and Universe will perfectly match that to you.

loa1209
03-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Good luck!

then why say ANything is POssible?
You should just say Any Essence you want is possible?

angelswithme1111
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
i agree with you that its kind of utter nonsense to say ANything is Possible then they come in and say but you can't want a specific person. According to me its pure nonsense way to put it. then freaking stop saying anything is possible.

When they say Anything is possible its more at an essence level. Its almost like this is the fine print.
Mostly what i have found is if you say "Oh god if only this one thing can happen" - then you already put yourself in an attachment frame of mind.
Best thing is to be in a position where you are ok with nothing more happening on your life. then everything that happens is more magical.
If you can say that if nothing more happens and my life is going to be exactly same as is every single day - then can i be happy? If your answer is NO. then there is some work to do. internal work.

Meditation, and other tools to access the Superconscious state. When you get into that realm everything will be like bliss and beautiful joy etc. You would not care about other things. this is what the yogis talk about. You don't need to make that leap right away, but we can experience that in bursts.

Its like same as when there is lovely song and you dance to it for few minutes and that joy is pure, no conditions to it.
Or you enter a garden so beautiful and you get engrossed for 30 mins and you never felt time.
Where as when you think of getting your man, there are more noises that come in. I am not discouraging from getting the human love you want at all, but this is just to give picture as to how the human love should feel too whether its gonna happen or not. it should be w/o those resistive feelings. But if those feelings are there it means you want to increase your Superconscious moments through specific tools like meditation etc . You want to be in those states more.

the answer as many philosophers have said - "The only way to get back home is to fall in love with God".
this god is nothing but those kind of moments where you get mesmerized and time passes by.
if this person lets say is not in your life and you never met him. Lets say. then what would you love to do in life? what would give you most joy and how would your ideal day be like?
And start doing that now. Then life will be that amazing beautiful way and Universe will perfectly match that to you.

I just wanted to say your POST helped me so much. I came here after I've been crying about my ex and you helped me... :hug2:

loa1209
04-12-2013, 12:17 AM
I just wanted to say your POST helped me so much. I came here after I've been crying about my ex and you helped me... :hug2:
so i have been in your position so i understand how you feel.
i understand that when people say anything is possible or another one they say is Universe knows better. and i was like NO - i know what i want, its stupid to say Universe knows better and will send something better.

But see in the end the advice of Spiritual Masters is the Eternal Truth. They are not kidding one bit with what they have given to the world. Just follow the advice and your life will be full of joy passion etc. You may not see that from the position you are in, same like i did not believe that at the time. BUt trust me right now after following the spiritual advice of being grateful at every chance you get, slowly following your joy and leaving out what others think etc. You will move to position of strength and you will love it. this is counterintuitive advice. You may think how can this simple advice change your life but it does. Relax, be easy, follow the advice and just give it some time. and you will see.
Try to focus on this part. While let the other part of your romantic interest just take its coarse either way.
this is not to discourage you, and while anything can happen in that area but do put lot of focus more on spiritual principles to move forward at the same time.
Remember that there is a Higher Design in operation. All the planets going around the Sun and all this Universe cannot be random. There is more at work. Just like even inside your body right now the blood flows, oxygen is carried to cells etc there is whole big amazing factory inside of us going on - and who my dear is taking care of that?? because we are not! Pepsi and Walmart factories are run by humans but who is running everything inside us?? Someone has to right?

And through meditation and Silence everyday in life you will get more and more faith in that Superconscious Omnipotent force will also guide you in your life. Make use of that since its Unlimited in Power. And thats when you Return Home!

Geezzy.G
08-12-2013, 12:30 AM
actually love isn't a material want at all, it's one of the basics in life that we all need. And i'll argue with anyone about how we really do need love, you can tell in people who rarely get it, they have mental and emotional issues (including me).

HERE!!! :sad1:

Geezzy.G
08-12-2013, 12:31 AM
actually love isn't a material want at all, it's one of the basics in life that we all need. And i'll argue with anyone about how we really do need love, you can tell in people who rarely get it, they have mental and emotional issues (including me).

HERE!!! :BangHead:

Joy21
14-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I have a very similar situation! I am very interested in a man who doesn't seem to have any interest in me. However, I am not in love with him. I simply interested. I've had no contact with him the past two months but I can't stop thinking about him. I have dreams about him, I see his name everywhere, and I'm not even looking for his name-it just shows itself to me. Anyways, I don't attempt contact with him because I want the Universe to bring him to me if he is the one. I want the laws of attraction to manifest him to me if we should be a vibrational match. But, I have also not been trying to attract specifically but rather "him or better". I have attracted relationships before but made a mistake of not asking for good qualities-only wanted them-and they turned out to be liars and cheaters. So, now I have this person I am interested in but I ask the Universe to bring me him or better :)

lemex
23-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Thoughts?
I think anything is possible. About the law. At this moment you have attached doubt to it. The manifestation is what can't be. You have to be fully committed for the realization to manifest and any doubt, even the smallest will manifest and bring into being what you say.

Examine the statement. Anything is possible + love is not. It would be better to say Somethings are possible. Notice the single, plural nature of what is said. Anything is possible + love is not = that outcome.

Make it impossible and that will happen. At the same time I think not every person may be a right match. Connection is very important.

PrimalGuruYogi
24-12-2013, 04:44 PM

Thoughts?
I too do agree with you Astraea, I totally relate and eventually realised that trying to "bind" someone against their own will to me was cruel and selfish of me. As much as it hurt to have to let go (and believe you me there will always be a little part of my heart reserved for that person). When ever I allow myself to bleed just a little bit about it (even though years have past!!!) I try to remember that every relationship I have with anyone, is ultimately a relationship with myself.
And so if that other person rejected me, what was it within myself that I was rejecting at that time, and therefore causing this to manifest in real life...

I hope you find your peace.

TheHealingCycle
17-01-2014, 12:20 PM
I have a few ideas on this as from my own experience the Law of Attraction works without fail.
May I ask AstraeaLunaAvani when you have tried to manifest the man of your thoughts what did you ask for?
I ask this as you succeeded in manifesting something so the LOA did work.
We often have subconscious/habitual thoughts when we are manifesting that we need to keep in check too as these thoughts are part of the manifesting process.
So for example if you were thinking ''I want him to be totally unavailable'' because you want a man who dont look at other woman then your perfect man will come but he will be unavailable, I'M not saying you thought this but little stray thoughts like this can throw things off course.
This is why affirmations are so important to keep those stray thoughts in check.
Another approach is to manifest what he wants and be what it is that he wants, but in this process you may find that he's totally wrong for you which is why he is unavailable to you.
Look out for the synchronicities as new people come into our lives for a reason so this guy may be a key to meeting the man you want and not the man himself.
All the best.

Yaoughta
25-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Manifesting love in your life is possible, because in truth "All things are possible if one believes". Many people try to visualize someone in their life even when that person they're interested in may not be interested in them or may already be married. This is a spiritual "No-No" that leads to karmic ties. You should never try to override the free will of another. Keep in mind that you are always the divine center and that EVERYTHING starts and ENDS with you. When you change, the world in which you experience changes around you. If you wish to draw a loving partner into your life, start by loving yourself and being a loving person. Being love attracts more love. Picture your hand holding another hand and then let go and believe your perfect mate will come.

Finally, you must keep in mind that everything is energy. Energy either works or is being worked. Energy needs a pathway or outlet to flow. For example, Nick Cannon used to say when he was younger that he was going to marry Mariah Carey someday. At the time, all his friends laughed at him because she was married to Sony record executive Tony Mottola. Fast forward to the the present and they are now married. Nick believed this would happen someday. He didn't know how or when. He just believed. The energy of his belief was out in the Universe waiting until a doorway or pathway opened. That happened when Mariah got a divorce.

In other words, believe that you will have the perfect mate in your life and let go. Trust that it will happen and it will.

Moonstar84
29-01-2014, 09:42 PM
I have trouble manifesting love in my life or more specifically mutual love). I think it's because I have blocks on it. I can manifest small things easily, I think because I believe they're easier to get and they won't change my life much. E.g. I said I wanted to see a specific type of car that I don't see very often and a few hours later I'd seen it and was then seeing 2 or 3 a day at one point!

So it could be that if you are having trouble manifesting love, you have some blocks on it (like fear or doubt).

Manifesting love in your life is possible, because in truth "All things are possible if one believes". Many people try to visualize someone in their life even when that person they're interested in may not be interested in them or may already be married. This is a spiritual "No-No" that leads to karmic ties. You should never try to override the free will of another. Keep in mind that you are always the divine center and that EVERYTHING starts and ENDS with you. When you change, the world in which you experience changes around you. If you wish to draw a loving partner into your life, start by loving yourself and being a loving person. Being love attracts more love. Picture your hand holding another hand and then let go and believe your perfect mate will come.

Finally, you must keep in mind that everything is energy. Energy either works or is being worked. Energy needs a pathway or outlet to flow. For example, Nick Cannon used to say when he was younger that he was going to marry Mariah Carey someday. At the time, all his friends laughed at him because she was married to Sony record executive Tony Mottola. Fast forward to the the present and they are now married. Nick believed this would happen someday. He didn't know how or when. He just believed. The energy of his belief was out in the Universe waiting until a doorway or pathway opened. That happened when Mariah got a divorce.

In other words, believe that you will have the perfect mate in your life and let go. Trust that it will happen and it will.

Thanks for the tips. :smile:

Mariah Carey is my favourite singer. I didn't know that about her and Nick Cannon. They always seemed an odd pairing to me, I just wouldn't have put them together somehow. (Good job I'm not the universe! lol). But maybe they were meant to be together all along! They seem happy and their twins are really cute. :) Wasn't there something similar with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? (She always wanted to marry him).

KaLin
06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I am looking to manifest a relationship as well. But.... I can honestly say that I cannot 'see' the right person for me. I also know that historically I choose people who are not right for me. I am working on acceptance of what the universe has in store for me and trying not to get in it's way. I want the person who is meant for me for the greatest good... and honestly... I have no idea what that looks like. But.... ;) I am keeping my eyes open for what is in store for me.

Yaoughta
06-02-2014, 05:02 PM
I think it's important to make a distinction and be clear with what you wish. You state that you are also wishing to manifest a "relationship", which isn't clear as you can have all kinds of relationships, from business to casual etc. What you truly wish is to have love in your life with a loving supportive partner. You don't need to know what that looks like because the more you try to define "it" the less likely you are to draw it towards you. When you are trying to attract material items into you life, you can and should be very specific. For example, if you wanted and Apple Airbook, you wouldn't want to say I wish to have a new computer as that isn't specific enough especially since what you really want is an Apple Airbook.

However, for non-material items, like having a loving partner in your life you should not be specific. Trust that the Universe, that Spirit knows you better than you know yourself and knows the perfect person for you. Simply wish from your heart to have great love in your life and be OPEN to all possibilities.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:13 AM
I'm new - and 2 months late for the beginning of this thread, so by all means take what I say with a grain of salt.

Perhaps, you weren't specific about the kind of love? You say "almost" love, so maybe you did manifest love and perhaps the person you referenced does love you as a friend, or in a universal/unconditional way, rather than the 'romantic' way you've implied that you tried to manifest.

Another possibility could be, that you did manifest a romantic love, but the person involved (not the one you referenced) is either too shy or whatever to act upon it and let you know.

About LoA not working for 'love', perhaps by trying to manifest it you told the universe "I don't have it"... so, granted.

I don't know, just thinking out loud :)

Wow, i have all these replies and I never got any notifications so I forgot all about this thread! lol It's ok you were 2 months late in replying, i'm later than that! lol

The one thing I want to say about what you said is, at the same time I was trying to manifest love I was also manifesting a new job and happiness (because before I had only a part time job that I hated and I was depressed living with my mom), and I got both the new job and happiness because my new job required me to live there so I got out of my moms house. So if I was manifesting all of this at the same time, it should have either all worked or none worked, not only some of it.

By the way, not much has changed in the love department, the guy is still not making this official yet sometimes shows signs that we are together. So i'm still in the dark. I'm sure for V Day tomorrow he wont call or text me, so i'm going to try to stay distracted so I don't think about him as much. Thank God i'm not at work, it's always easier to clear my mind when i'm on my breaks.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:17 AM
Love, similar to bliss and peace, is just an indicator of your degree of connection with source.

But my connection with source has been improving where my quest for love is still failing! lol Also, I find I can connect with source MUCH easier when I'm not thinking about love. I actually just created a new thread just now about this subject.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:23 AM

I would easily be able to go through life not caring if I got things or not IF I was younger, but I am in my 40's now and starting to lose my patience. I wish I had all the time in the world so I could be carefree and unattached, but the older i get, the more anxious and needy I get because I know time is running out.

To answer your last question, I already am living my joy and passion, I have my dream job that I dont want to give up for anything in the world (even though that would be the only way for me to get over this guy), I am becoming more spiritual and noticing good changes regarding my awakening/enlightenment so I know i'm on the right track...but yet still I have this nagging urge to be in a relationship with this guy. I am fine when I don't have a man, it's just that when I have feelings for someone for this long (a year and a half), it takes over my mind and I can't focus much on anything else.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:33 AM
I have a few ideas on this as from my own experience the Law of Attraction works without fail.
May I ask AstraeaLunaAvani when you have tried to manifest the man of your thoughts what did you ask for?
I ask this as you succeeded in manifesting something so the LOA did work.
We often have subconscious/habitual thoughts when we are manifesting that we need to keep in check too as these thoughts are part of the manifesting process.
So for example if you were thinking ''I want him to be totally unavailable'' because you want a man who dont look at other woman then your perfect man will come but he will be unavailable, I'M not saying you thought this but little stray thoughts like this can throw things off course.
This is why affirmations are so important to keep those stray thoughts in check.
Another approach is to manifest what he wants and be what it is that he wants, but in this process you may find that he's totally wrong for you which is why he is unavailable to you.
Look out for the synchronicities as new people come into our lives for a reason so this guy may be a key to meeting the man you want and not the man himself.
All the best.

I dont see why anyone would try to manifest someone who is unavailable, I want a RELATIONSHIP, which means committment, which means they have to be available.

What he wants is unattached friends with benefits (or thats what I get from his actions and words and lots of deciphering of the two LOL), if I were to make myself what he wants, I would only be hurt. I know I want more already.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:37 AM

But I DID believe I would manifest love! Actually I have done this MANY times in my life, about 6 or 7 years ago I truly believed I was going to end up with this certain guy but all that happened was I met him briefly (he was in a band, not real famous though) but then he barely paid attention to me and that was it, nothing. I believed in that for like 2 years and nothing happened! To me, belief doesn't manifest anything. I have no idea how I even manifested my job, I was working part time at a job I hated and I was broke and miserable and vibrating lower than i've been in my life and somehow I got this job which saved me, so that is proof that you can manifest what you want even when you're in a lower state thinking nothing but negative thoughts. Thinking positive thoughts has never even manifested anything for me! So thats why I am confused, it seems to happen at random moments, even at moments when it shouldn't happen. So it makes no sense to me, lol

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:44 AM
I have trouble manifesting love in my life or more specifically mutual love). I think it's because I have blocks on it. I can manifest small things easily, I think because I believe they're easier to get and they won't change my life much. E.g. I said I wanted to see a specific type of car that I don't see very often and a few hours later I'd seen it and was then seeing 2 or 3 a day at one point!

So it could be that if you are having trouble manifesting love, you have some blocks on it (like fear or doubt).

Oh there is no fear at all, I am ready and willing and want a relationship with 100% of my being. And the only time doubt comes in is when the guy gives me a reason to doubt. I truly believed we were on our way to being a couple and for a while I thought we WERE together, but then the doubt came in when he started distancing himself.

Wasn't there something similar with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? (She always wanted to marry him).

Yeah, and she got him, but now they're divorced! lol Goes to show you even things that are meant to be, aren't meant to be forever.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:46 AM
I am looking to manifest a relationship as well. But.... I can honestly say that I cannot 'see' the right person for me. I also know that historically I choose people who are not right for me. I am working on acceptance of what the universe has in store for me and trying not to get in it's way. I want the person who is meant for me for the greatest good... and honestly... I have no idea what that looks like. But.... ;) I am keeping my eyes open for what is in store for me.

That sounds like a good attitude to have. I actually feel that way when I don't currently like anyone, but if I do like someone, then I focus in on them because that's where my heart lies. Well actually it rarely happens where my heart really gets this involved, this is only the 2nd time this has happened in my life.

AstraeaLunaAvani
14-02-2014, 04:50 AM
I think it's important to make a distinction and be clear with what you wish. You state that you are also wishing to manifest a "relationship", which isn't clear as you can have all kinds of relationships, from business to casual etc. What you truly wish is to have love in your life with a loving supportive partner. You don't need to know what that looks like because the more you try to define "it" the less likely you are to draw it towards you. When you are trying to attract material items into you life, you can and should be very specific. For example, if you wanted and Apple Airbook, you wouldn't want to say I wish to have a new computer as that isn't specific enough especially since what you really want is an Apple Airbook.

However, for non-material items, like having a loving partner in your life you should not be specific. Trust that the Universe, that Spirit knows you better than you know yourself and knows the perfect person for you. Simply wish from your heart to have great love in your life and be OPEN to all possibilities.

I've actually heard different opinions on this. I know of one guy (who makes a living writing books about success and manifesting your desires), he advises to make a list of all the qualities you want in a partner, down to the last detail. This worked for him, in fact he even got a girl with the exact NAME that he wanted a girl to have! I did the same thing, I made my list complete with a name, and so far haven't met him. lol

But i've also been in the state of allowing the universe to bring me what would be right for me, that's actually the state I was in before I met this guy I like right now. I wasn't even focusing on anyone, I was happy, open, and ready for anything, and then he came along. That's the reason I thought he was sent from the universe because it happened at the same time as the other stuff I manifested and it was all falling into place at the same time, and then he started pulling away and I realized well **** that wasn't the relationship I thought it was.

Moonstar84
16-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh there is no fear at all, I am ready and willing and want a relationship with 100% of my being. And the only time doubt comes in is when the guy gives me a reason to doubt. I truly believed we were on our way to being a couple and for a while I thought we WERE together, but then the doubt came in when he started distancing himself.

Ok, it sounds like there's more of a problem on his side. Like he's got things holding him back from a relationship. Maybe if you distance yourself from him, he might work out what he wants? I recently read Your Heart's Desire by Sonia Choquette and she said that when she was first in a relationship with the man who's now her husband, he didn't want to get married but she did. So she broke-up with him because her desire was to get married and she focused on her desire. Then he decided that he wanted to be with her long term after all and asked her to marry him! I think this will only work if it's in the best interests of both of you though. :)

Moonstar84
16-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Yeah, and she got him, but now they're divorced! lol Goes to show you even things that are meant to be, aren't meant to be forever.

I suppose some things are just meant to be for a little while, lol.

Nameless
16-02-2014, 04:25 PM

Thoughts?

Here is a few thoughts :)

#1 - get on the Happy disk first. Be happy with the other things in your life that are working well, and get off of the subject of what is not working well. Be in the good vibrations, do things that make you happy. (and do you really want to manifest your dream relationship from the grumpy disk? Then you will get a grumpy relationship - just saying)

#2 - when you are in your Happy Zone, write a thank you letter to the Universe, as if you had everything you wanted and were writing from the future where you have it. Just let it flow, and write generalizations if that feels good, and get specific if that feels good, but just write what feels good only.

#3 - then read it out load, as if you were reading it to the Universe. Try and do this twice a day for awhile. (I managed two days, I think, before things started showing up in my life and I went with them.)

#4 - in those days, change from the asking mode to the receiving mode. They are 2 very different vibrations. You can't receive if you are asking. It can't be done. Practice the receiving mode each morning. Get in your happy place as soon as you wake up, before you get out of bed would be good, and set your intention that today, you are going to be open to receiving from the Universe.

It worked for me, in such amazing ways I could never have pictured, but when I read my letter back, it sent chills down my spine. It was exactly what I wanted, detail by detail, but came in such different ways than I ever anticipated. And it was so much fun!!!!!!! To be in the vibration of receiving is so much fun. And easy. It is like I hit the easy button on my life.

I would get an impulse to do something, and do that, and another would follow that one, and the impulses were fun and exciting to think about and to do.

My two cents is just enjoy the process, for that is really what makes life exciting.

NatalieJay
27-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi,

I was drawn by the title to this thread because the relationship I am in currently is purely through LoA. Not on a conscious level though...allow me to explain.

For many years I was in really bad relationships, and finally about 2 yrs ago I said to myself enough is enough, it is time to start looking after yourself. And that is what I did, I got my confidence back, I lost weight and I felt great and I thought okay now I am feeling better I'll go looking for a relationship, however I all that came to me were more bad relationships and I was like okay... what am I doing wrong?? So a year and a half ago I stopped looking and set out on a journey to make more friends, and that is when my fiancee walked in to my life. She did exactly the same, was in and out of bad relationships and decided to just look for friends.

On a subconscious level I had told myself that what I needed in order to find love, was a foundation of friendship first, by shifting my outlook on what I really needed, LoA connected my partner and I.

Great thread

NJ

Boldwiseone
18-06-2014, 05:21 PM
In my experience, if anything, LOA works much faster and efficiently in matters of relationships. However, their complexity resides in our own belief systems and negative patterns. We attract what we focus on.

So the basic steps of LOA:
1) get clear on what you want
2) set the vibration/intention
3) let go and trust it's coming

Many of us get stuck on step 3...however you'll find that many will tell you 'it'll come when you least expect it'. So very true. Even in my own experience, with my recent SO, I actually resisted him because I was so stuck in step 3. lol We can never be sure of whether the relationship is 'forever', however we will learn and deepen our experience that will enrich our lives and bring an even better relationship, if that is how the universe is bringing our 'true love'.

joelr
21-06-2014, 12:47 AM
But I DID believe I would manifest love! Actually I have done this MANY times in my life, about 6 or 7 years ago I truly believed I was going to end up with this certain guy but all that happened was I met him briefly (he was in a band, not real famous though) but then he barely paid attention to me and that was it, nothing. I believed in that for like 2 years and nothing happened! To me, belief doesn't manifest anything. I have no idea how I even manifested my job, I was working part time at a job I hated and I was broke and miserable and vibrating lower than i've been in my life and somehow I got this job which saved me, so that is proof that you can manifest what you want even when you're in a lower state thinking nothing but negative thoughts. Thinking positive thoughts has never even manifested anything for me! So thats why I am confused, it seems to happen at random moments, even at moments when it shouldn't happen. So it makes no sense to me, lol

Even if manifesting works it's definitely not always the case that someone tries to manifest a relationship and the first person they meet or date is that perfect loving relationship. I have known people who were trying to do exactly what you are and they stayed focused on their goal but did lot's of dating before finding the right person.

You admitted there that LOA is not working as straightforward as you would expect so this problem with the relationship isn't that unusual. If LOA worked unpredictable in the past then why expect it to go smoothly now?

You deserve to find someone who falls for you right off. Guys often say they don't want a serious relationship when they don't have the romantic vibe with someone. You can tell they are lying because they usually end up meeting someone who they connect with better and get serious right away. It's not an insult, people just like what they like, it doesn't reflect badly on you.

girlsearching
13-07-2014, 12:56 AM

Thoughts?
I know it the feeling of being interested in a someone but they don't have the same mutual feelings for you. You can't make that person fall for you, or even manifest them into your lives
. Maybe the Law of Attraction is that we as humans want to believe that we can Attract her or him, but that's not always the case. We have to take into consideration that we may not be compatible with that person . Or what you perceived them in your head to be. We fall in love with the projected Image of that person. Sometimes people are kept out of our lives for a reason by God.

SeaSoap
13-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Love is a trust I have found over time with patience.

joyfirst
18-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Love always feels good. Pure love, that is. What you feel for that guy, is love mixed with insecurity and addiction to him. I think, you question now is how to release the addiction ( I know movies call it "in love", but it is not.) I did it twice myself (released addiction to specific people), and it worked, but it took a bit of practice. The method I used is not very good from LOA view, but it worked -i wrote their negative aspects out, and anytime i would feel longing, I would read them. Once i got over them, then I focused on their positives again. but not before.
I think it is easier not get addicted in the first place, and just lightly love. With pure, non manipulating, non owning kind of love. Love, that is not needy or sufficating feeling to other person.
The funny thing is, that I am in contact with both of them, but now, I don't want them as my partners at all. My guess is, that if you would release your addiction to him, and love yourself truly, you wouldn't even be attracted to him yourself, because he is not the person you want -someone, who wants commited relationship. Also, you could be open with him, and ask him directly, what his intentions towards you are.

starsaligned
19-08-2014, 08:57 PM
The problem now is, i'm in love with THIS one! lol It's hard to manifest something you have no feelings for, while HAVING feelings for something right in front of your face that you can't have!

If he says he doesn't want a girlfriend, walk away! Trust me, I spent 8 years trying to get one guy to commit to me. He finally did and the marriage didn't even last a year! Then another guy came along and I spent 5 years waiting for him to be ready! Both guys had fear of commitment. They both loved me and didn't want me out of their lives, but were not willing to commit. So, I kept sticking around. I ended up wasting almost 15 years of my life. Please take my advice and walk away. There are men out there who are ready to commit today. You manifested this guy....so that means there is a blockage of some kind inside of you. Remember, we attract what we believe. If you keep believing you will get these kind of men, the Universe will send you just that! Good luck! :wink:

starsaligned
19-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Duplicate Post

Badger1777
19-08-2014, 09:16 PM
That isn't what I tried to do...I did it the right way, then a man came into my life, we started to become closer but then I found out he didnt want a girlfriend! So what the hell...the universe brought me the kind of man I wanted but he doesn't even want to be with anyone! :confused:

Its like the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

So, you wanted a man with certain personality traits, and that man walked into your life. But what if the personality traits you wanted go hand in hand with personality traits that make him not want you?

Would it not be better to just be who you are, meet lots of people but with no expectations, and just let things happen?

starsaligned
19-08-2014, 09:18 PM

Manifesting a specific person is difficult because you are taking away their own free will. Would you want some random guy on the street to see you, fall in love and then try to manipulate the situation by manifesting you into his life to become his girlfriend? No, you want the choice. Manifesting a job is completely different from manifesting a specific person. It is a scientific fact that if you think negative you will attract negative. Google the "rice experiment". And read the book "Wishes Fulfilled", by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Iammantra
20-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Funny I wrote a post on my blog today about law of attraction and love, I suppose I have attracted myself to this website. I help others in all areas of their life for free in applying the law of attraction. You can attract anything including love. The universal law is powerful and works for everything

Tavah
28-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes....we don't choose our soul mate....we will attract him or he will attract us:)

Tavah
28-08-2014, 05:58 PM
while we are waiting and expecting this special person....we must continue to obey the Universal Laws of right conduct and always focus and worship the Great Spirit Most High!

Life is Honey:)

AstraeaLunaAvani
21-10-2015, 05:32 AM
Wow, this thread is still going and I haven't been in here for a year, lol Sorry for the late reply. I've had issues with my username/login.

Hi,

I was drawn by the title to this thread because the relationship I am in currently is purely through LoA. Not on a conscious level though...allow me to explain.

For many years I was in really bad relationships, and finally about 2 yrs ago I said to myself enough is enough, it is time to start looking after yourself. And that is what I did, I got my confidence back, I lost weight and I felt great and I thought okay now I am feeling better I'll go looking for a relationship, however I all that came to me were more bad relationships and I was like okay... what am I doing wrong?? So a year and a half ago I stopped looking and set out on a journey to make more friends, and that is when my fiancee walked in to my life. She did exactly the same, was in and out of bad relationships and decided to just look for friends.

On a subconscious level I had told myself that what I needed in order to find love, was a foundation of friendship first, by shifting my outlook on what I really needed, LoA connected my partner and I.

Great thread

NJ

I am the same way, always focusing on friends first, but that's never worked out for me. What I get then are gay guys, lol seriously gay men are attracted to me like crazy (not sexually but as friends).

AstraeaLunaAvani
21-10-2015, 05:37 AM
If he says he doesn't want a girlfriend, walk away! Trust me, I spent 8 years trying to get one guy to commit to me. He finally did and the marriage didn't even last a year! Then another guy came along and I spent 5 years waiting for him to be ready! Both guys had fear of commitment. They both loved me and didn't want me out of their lives, but were not willing to commit. So, I kept sticking around. I ended up wasting almost 15 years of my life. Please take my advice and walk away. There are men out there who are ready to commit today. You manifested this guy....so that means there is a blockage of some kind inside of you. Remember, we attract what we believe. If you keep believing you will get these kind of men, the Universe will send you just that! Good luck! :wink:

At the time, I couldn't walk away, because we lived & worked together all the time, and I wasn't going to quit the best job I ever had over a guy. He ended up quitting, thank God. Then I got fired less than a year after that, lol And in a crazy horrible coincidence, my co-worker at my new job looks almost exactly like that guy, so it brought back feelings again. I mean he looks more like him than his own brother does.

AstraeaLunaAvani
21-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Its like the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

So, you wanted a man with certain personality traits, and that man walked into your life. But what if the personality traits you wanted go hand in hand with personality traits that make him not want you?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...you're saying it's possible all men with that type of personality wouldn't like a girl like me? I try to be more positive about it even though it's never happened, I still like to believe it is still possible.

Would it not be better to just be who you are, meet lots of people but with no expectations, and just let things happen?

I always am who I am, I don't act fake just to get a certain guy. I just go about life being me and letting things happen, but nothing has happened since that guy from my original post, and I haven't seen him in a year and a half now.

AstraeaLunaAvani
21-10-2015, 05:42 AM
Manifesting a specific person is difficult because you are taking away their own free will. Would you want some random guy on the street to see you, fall in love and then try to manipulate the situation by manifesting you into his life to become his girlfriend? No, you want the choice. Manifesting a job is completely different from manifesting a specific person. It is a scientific fact that if you think negative you will attract negative. Google the "rice experiment". And read the book "Wishes Fulfilled", by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I wasn't trying to manifest his love specifically, I fell in love with him after I met him. I was using the LOA before I even met him, and he came into my life, that's why I thought he was the one.

annabelle239
21-10-2015, 11:49 PM

Thoughts?

Anything is possible. A lot of modern law of attraction teachers confuse and complicate the teachings because they make it a business of teaching the law of attraction their way,and how they perceive it.

annabelle239
21-10-2015, 11:50 PM

You just have some limiting beliefs/blocks.

TheGlow
22-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Pretty sure it works on love, but maybe only your own.

I'm in a marriage with someone who at this point isn't open enough to really feel passionate about anything. I am a passionate person.

As a result over the years I have know what I really want is to be loved back the same way I love.

I noticed just recently it worked 21 years later we now love each other the same only my passion level had to decrease to match his because he can do nothing to feel more than he does. We still love each other very much but my light was dimmed to give me what I asked for. I think I proved LOA needs a more skilled operator lol

Moonstar84
22-10-2015, 12:04 PM
I have realised that it does work but it shows up your limiting beliefs/blocks, as annabelle239 mentioned above. I have manifested men who I'm interested in but I'm unsure of in some way and one who is unavailable and in a complicated situation himself. So I'm not quite there yet.

Does anyone have any tips for shifting your blocks when it comes to love and relationships?

Clover
25-10-2015, 10:24 PM
I personally wouldn't feel comfortable manifesting "love". That should come organically, this is just my opinion of course. I use it specifically to feel good on a daily basis, and with that alone I attract "good things" whatever that may be.

In terms of LOA and people.It's going to keep giving you what you put out. If your complicated, your going to get a complicated person every time. Which is why it is very important for you to work on bettering yourself first. And this goes for any relationship with or without using LOA.

LOA is more than just getting things. I also think one should also take personal responsibility for the behavior and energy we give and put out. Look at the language you are using wit people in your every day life. Are you being kind? Are you being dismissive? Are you being offensive? All things to consider because as law says, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/newtlaws/u2l4a2.gif

AstraeaLunaAvani
01-11-2015, 10:00 PM
I kind of agree about love needing to come organically, I'm just at an age where I can't sit around and wait anymore, I have to try anything I can. I'm 43! I've only had one boyfriend EVER and that was 15 years ago. It's getting a bit ridiculous now, so I'm not leaving it up to chance anymore. I've tried dating sites multiple times and every time I try, I'm even more turned off by the entire thing. I want to meet someone IN PERSON, naturally.

Clover
04-11-2015, 04:28 AM
I kind of agree about love needing to come organically, I'm just at an age where I can't sit around and wait anymore, I have to try anything I can. I'm 43! I've only had one boyfriend EVER and that was 15 years ago. It's getting a bit ridiculous now, so I'm not leaving it up to chance anymore. I've tried dating sites multiple times and every time I try, I'm even more turned off by the entire thing. I want to meet someone IN PERSON, naturally.

Ah, I now see what the issue is.It appears the fear of your age is causing an urgency to rush the process. I recommend reading into Abraham Hicks. She is pretty practical,and as a woman she has a better grasp on these types of issues.

I do get where your coming from, However,you do have to understand that women do get better with age; in both confidence and appeal. I personally have never been inspired by any woman under the age of 30.It's really never too late. My grandfather is in his 80's and he still has girlfriends. No joke. He doesn't know a thing about the internet, so there is hope. :) Also, one of our administrators here on the forum just got married in her 50's. She had only 1 relationship prior. She met her husband on here. I can give you tons of examples. Love comes at us at any age, it's not restricted to an age group.

You can do this. . :smile:

Serrao
04-11-2015, 05:50 PM
I think the law of attraction is meant for personal well-being and attraction of material objects.

Relationships with other people is a whole different area. Relationships are strongly related to free-will.

Personality and behaviour are important elements for attracting kindlike persons.

Moonstar84
04-11-2015, 06:43 PM

I completely understand, I'm 31 and have never had a relationship. I've been working through my blocks and resistance and have been discovering limiting beliefs I have. I found an article mentioned in this thread very useful: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90667

It might not relate to you but I just thought I'd post it. :)

I'd like more friends in general too, I have had patterns in my life of losing touch with friends for one reason or another.

Maybe it could help you to think that you have been in a relationship, even though it was a long time ago. You know you are capable of doing it. :) Good luck!

Boni Lonnsburry has a good article on manifesting love: https://www.livealifeyoulove.com/10-love-lessons-create-an-epic-love-life/

Also I do agree with what you said, Clover:

"In terms of LOA and people.It's going to keep giving you what you put out. If your complicated, your going to get a complicated person every time."

I find that manifesting in this area does work but it shows up your blocks and where your energy is currently.

Spiritual-Believer
25-01-2016, 06:56 PM
I totally have the same situation. I was able to move by my own, got a better paying job, got the car that I asked with the milage and the price I was looking for. I'm still waiting for love, still no luck. I know what I want but I seem to be getting the same situation. It could be that I get discourage because something seems to get in the way. All I can say is to keep trying don't get discourage, tell the universe to bring you someone who will be interested in being in a relationship with you and yourself as well. Write the qualities that you bring to a relationship but what you're looking for in that person. Ask for extra help for your angels and spirit guides to help you out as well. Don't give up, if you do get up and keep going.

Here is my question on LOA:
Lets say I want a used car whose prevailing price is 15000$ on a site like Craigslist in my city . But I only want to pay 8000$. So if I start visualizing and do all the necessary things to manifest my desire, Is it possible to get a 15000$ car in 8000$?

Miss Hepburn
05-03-2016, 05:28 PM
When a person realizes who and what they are and what they
were born with,
in other words, that, "Ye are gods!"...There is a confidence, a joy
that is a powerful magnet to others...
love just happens. :love9:
First within yourself, then it naturally draws others.

Miss Hepburn
01-04-2016, 01:00 PM
When a person realizes who and what they are and what they
were born with,
in other words, that, "Ye are gods!"...There is a confidence, a joy
that is a powerful magnet to others...
love just happens. :love9:
First within yourself, then it naturally draws others.
Gee, just thought I would say...it's a bit too much of a magnet...:icon_eek:

Clover
01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Miss. H. http://www.comprovendolibri.it/images/hmm.gif