PDA

View Full Version : Shame energy?

TonySG
11-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi
I am coming to the realization that I have some deep rooted shame from my past and was wondering where does this type of energy subside in the body? Is it in the hip area? Also, what would be the best way to clear this negative energy? I regularly do yoga but wondered if there where any other practices which may also help. Thanks :)

Belle
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Shame - or any other negative emotion (which I would hazard to say we all carry) is hidden in any part of the body, not necessarily the hip. Your hip issue could be congenital and it could be posture - it would be well worth getting a medical opinion on this and ensuring that you are doing good exercises to help - and that your yoga teacher is correctly helping you with exercise.

For negative emotions from childhood, i would go to inner child work. I'm guessing you are referring to a childhood thing? And love yourself and tell the child that they were - indeed - just a child and don't need to feel shame, that it is ok and forgiven?

I'm saying this loosely as I don't want to get drawn into specifics. I too, have dealt with mild areas of shame and I'm sure I'm not alone - and instead of being comforted by an adult I ended up feeling worse. And these memories are often buried - and surface in some shape or form. But, yes, connect to the self with it and parent your way so you have a dialogue between adult and child.

There are some good guided meditations for connecting to the inner child - if you hunt around on the web as to what resonates.

in progress
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
You don't have to know where the shame resides to deal with it. Find some time where you can be quiet and meditative. Feel your shame and focus on it until it starts to subside. It wants to be expressed and acknowledged. Even say to yourself, "I feel my shame and I acknowledge it." It's about not trying to push it down and let it fester but to bring it up and see that it's there.

When the feeling starts subsiding breathe golden white light into your heart and as you breath out send that healing light to all the parts of you that feel shame (any life, any time any space!).

Don't be worried if you have to do this more than once because sometimes these things need to be peeled away in layers, there is so much of it buried.

I've used this method myself and it works for me.

LotusRise
19-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Have you considered you could be tapping into the shame of others? We've all got our shame to deal with.... maybe you're sensitive and can pick up on others' stuff. I can do that. I'm getting better and better at recognizing what's mine and what's other people's.

You could be right about feeling it in yourself.
But just remember.... you don't own ALL the **** in the world. ;) That's sort of a golden rule I follow in learning about my own empathic abilities.

Gem
19-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi
I am coming to the realization that I have some deep rooted shame from my past and was wondering where does this type of energy subside in the body? Is it in the hip area? Also, what would be the best way to clear this negative energy? I regularly do yoga but wondered if there where any other practices which may also help. Thanks :)

Ok... probably a good thing you're on it, but maybe not pleasant for you... I think you can feel your body to see how it feels, emotions are pretty physical really. Yoga can't hurt... I love yoga...

fire
19-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi, TonySG. When it comes to the subject of clearing emotions and their associated programs, there is a healing video on YouTube that I strongly recommend, which is titled "The Pulse Technique", by Deb Cummings. This video features a source energy transmission that is specifically intended to target any entanglements of consciousness programs within your system, while you simply focus upon one specific undesired experience at a time. The energy will then initiate a process to permanently clear the respective entanglements over time, until it has terminated the root cause. It only takes about three minutes to participate with one transmission, and the energy will be doing the rest for you from that point, allowing you to simply continue about your life, while spontaneously emerging into more of who you really are.

In preparation to using this technique I recommend that you write down a list about any subjects you would like to address, that bother you in your life. The more you address for clearing, the better, of course. So in the case about shame, you can start by just focusing on the general experience of it in your life. In addition to that, I would also recommend to write down a couple of subitems, like particularly distressful memories, going closer to your childhood. This can help speed up the process.

Do give it a try. :smile:

TonySG
19-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Awesome answers! Thank you all :)

Also, I have been doing some of the stuff suggested - inner child work, yoga, eft, hypnosis, mediatations. Anything really. What I have noticed that working on this deep rooted shame, I feel strange/different. Not really good or bad, I have just noticed feeling different. Im assuming this must be these feelings coming up. I have actually had to take time of off work because of the way I feel. I am hoping after these strange feelings, come the good feelings. I have no doubt they will :) I must have awakened something