PDA

View Full Version : can you smudge your crystals?

Roselove
30-10-2010, 10:54 PM
is that an effective way to clean them? i am just worried about them causing negative effects thanks!

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 11:20 PM
I smudge mine by blowing the smoke over them.
Spiritlite.
Also a good way to cleanse is to put in moonlight during a full moon. By the way not all crystals do good with running water, I have a few that would dissolve if that happened so be careful.

Sangress
30-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I actually haven't heard of smudging crystals myself...but I do know of some other ways.

Often certain crystals leech negative energy from other crystals and then cancel out that negative energy.

I find a hematite stone pulls out all the old, stale and negative energy from most crystals (except for maybe tigers eye and garnet and things similar to that) and then you can get rid of that energy from your hematite simply by placing it on some solid natural ground, the stone automatically forces its energy into the earth upon contact with it. Interesting eh?

There are other more specific methods for certain crystals, like putting them out under the light of the moon, or in salt or clean water...perhaps even outside under the rain too.

If you find that does not work, then you might even try pulling out the negative energy from certain crystals with your own hands and then changing that energy to something less harmful.

There are a lot of ways to clean crystals. Whichever way you choose, they most often work in some form or another.

Hope that helps you out.

Roselove
31-10-2010, 02:53 AM
thank you!

Spiritlite
31-10-2010, 03:52 AM
(((((((((((RoseWater)))))))))))

SoaringSpirit
31-10-2010, 06:40 AM
I think smudging is a great way to cleanse crystals, I do it myself sometimes, but prefer to use water and charge under a full moon. Smudging is good for those crystals that can't go in water.

Sungirl
31-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I have used frankinsense smoke on my stones as a treat. They love it.

Personally I don't like the smell of sage so won't use it.

try asking the stones if they would like it.

Roselove
31-10-2010, 02:05 PM
thanks i will do that.. i tried running it through tap water yesterday.. is there any other way you can charge a crystal aside from full moon nights? the next one here isn't for another month

SoaringSpirit
31-10-2010, 02:48 PM
You can use the sun, or reiki energy, or just energy or intent to charge your crystals.

you can also put them on a quartz cluster to charge

Spiritlite
31-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Just be careful with all crystals in the sun some don't like it.
Spiritlite.

Roselove
31-10-2010, 04:15 PM
ok thanks!

Sungirl
31-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Rosewater... why do you feel you need to charge it?

I agree also with Spiritlite, the sun can damage some stones so it's best not to use it for long periods.