PDA

View Full Version : Grounding??

HollowBone
30-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Hello All,

Anyone have any good exercises for grounding?

Also, does anyone believe there is a link between lack of groundedness and ADD/ADHD?

I have problems staying grounded, especially in public places or around other people. And I am diagnosed with ADHD but am not currently taking any medications or anything for it.

Wondering if grounding exercises could help remedy the troubles.

Thanks so much!

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Hematite is good for grounding.
Going outside in nature and just enjoying nature grounds you.
Also I imagine a chord from the base of my spine going all the way to the base of earth the chord is like a pipe filled with white light.
Hope that helps
Spiritlite.

mahakali
30-10-2010, 09:39 PM
hi hollowbone, welcome to SF. i have A.D.D. and do not have much trouble anymore. practice makes perfect, id try setting your intention from the heart tell your self to be grounded, and believe

Xan
30-10-2010, 11:04 PM
H.B.... A simple grounding practice can help in many ways. Here's how:

* Put one hand on your lower belly, below your navel.

* Breathe deeply and gently into your lower belly continuously, with a little sigh on your exhale.

* Visualize pure light flowing down from the universe through your crown center and all throughout your body.... then down into the earth as light roots.

Do this every day for 5-10 minutes, plus any other time you remember to.

Xan

Bellasong
31-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi All,

Is being grounded living in the moment? I was curious? If it is than I noticed I'm much more grounded when in a relationship (even terrible ones) compared to when I'm single. Is that normal? Thanks!

Love and Peace,
Bellasong:smile:

in progress
31-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I understand being grounded as being fully in the body, like doing something physical and/or not letting your mind wander but paying attention to what you're doing. I guess the latter is the same as "being in the now".

Sangress
31-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Grounding is the act of forcing all of your unreleased energy into the ground (or an object connected to the earth such as a crystal/rock or tree..etc) so that you have more focus and control. It also promotes the creation and flow of new energy.

Here's the simplest method I know.

Get comfortable. Take some deep breaths and relax. Still your mind.

Sense your energy, all of it, feel it running through you body. Use however many senses you can to get a firm grip on all of your energy at once.

Then push all your energy down, into your legs, then your feet, then into the ground.

This can be done anywhere at any time (assuming you are not in a plane or a boat) and it only takes a few seconds once you've got the hang of it.

Hope that helps.

rus11
31-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Nature and eating raw fruit/veggies is another basic way to help ground yourself and stay healthy.

Walking or sitting barefoot outside is also a great way to ground while experiencing Xan's above method.

Congrats on tackling this without the meds. I suggest you research homeopathic/naturopathic alternatives also if need be.

Omegarius
01-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I've taken lots of martial arts and they talk about grounding non stop. The best way I've found is to think of yourself as a tree and send "roots" of energy into the earth. It helps you feel calm and tends to give you a clearer head.

mikron
01-11-2010, 01:17 AM
micro cosmic orbit meditation can be used to ground a light worker

star-child
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
The best way I've found is to think of yourself as a tree and send "roots" of energy into the earth.

I do a similar thing. I imagine my feet are really big, and then imagine roots of a tree growing very fast deeply into the earth.

xx

Xan
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Here's a description of the Microcosmic Orbit practice: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3682

Xan