PDA

View Full Version : I bought a pendulum today

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I had a dream about one last night so I figured I'd get one. I usually ask yes no questions and it rotates one way for yes and another for no I have a lot of questions. Does anyone use pendulums and if so do you enjoy them and find they are accurate?
Spiritlite.

novaspirit
30-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I do like to use my pendulums a lot. The accuracy rate for me has been around 90%. I think you have to just keep practicing with it and you will get comfortable with using it and know what it will answer and will not. Take mine for instance. It doesn't like finding things or playing games.. but it will answer all day long about spiritual matters. My responses are with swings, forward and backwards for yes, side to side for no. Diagonally to the right is Maybe, or Ready for a question.. Diagonally to the left is asking to clarify a question or that it does not want to answer at that time.

I have found that pendulums have different ways for answering for each user, so its finding out what is comfortable for you.

Enjoy!

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah mine seems to do yes no anwers I will have to tell it to include maybe.
I asked several times if my boss would quit within a year and it said YES hahaha.
I also asked if my boss liked me and it said no too bad, like I care haha
I am loving it.
Spiritlite.

Leah85
30-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Dear Spiritlite
I have lots of pendulums that I use for different intentions.
If you are asking on spiritual/daily life matters, you should programme yours in a way that is understandable to you.
Every pendulum needs to be programmed. Just google it and find some clues on how to do it. I would say that it is rather a question of intuition more than a strict rules one. But there are some basical steps you should follow.
Do not forget they need cleansing if they are made of crystal. And when you feel they are "carried" somehow with negative energies, clean it - putting it under running water for a minute or two will be enough.
Programme it giving it instructions putting it at the level of your third eye, for example.
Love and Blessings,
Leah

Leah85
30-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Oh if you use it for channeling spirit messages, don't use the same one for other intentions (ex: to survey chakra balance, etc) since they might carry the energy of the spirits. The pendulums used for this intention might need more often cleansing than others.
Love and Blessings :smile:

Lovely
30-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I used it once and it wasn't accurate for me.
I think it may be if I would tie it to something rather than hold it.

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the advice.
This one is silver I got silver because none of the gemstone ones felt right.
Spiritlite.

LightFilledHeart
30-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I have a brass pendulem I purchased some years ago. It has approximately a six or seven inch chain, and the base is constructed of layers of graduated disks of brass, growing smaller and smaller and finally culminating in a quarter inch point similar to shape of a ballpoint pen. It sometimes works great and gives me the yes and no answers I desire... other times it's totally out to lunch and refuses to budge! I always think that's when spirit is saying, "Use your own discernment! You already know the answer to this." :D

Spiritlite
30-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Yep that's true LIght Filled, it's very hard work for me to use my pendulum I need a break after a while because it exhausts me.
Spiritlite.

LightFilledHeart
30-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Yep that's true LIght Filled, it's very hard work for me to use my pendulum I need a break after a while because it exhausts me.
Spiritlite.

Spirit, what do you thing accounts for how tired it makes you? Is it not simply tapping into your own higher knowing which then manipulates the pendulem to give your conscious personality self the answers? I guess it's still using energy, just as doing a reading or counseling session is, and I know too much of that can be exhausting too.

Spiritlite
31-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Huh great question yeah the exhaustion is the same I feel after I give a long intense reason so basically yeah I'm using the tool the pendulum to give myself answers that I already know deep down but right now I need that tool as an aide.
Great question that is going to make me think for a while.
Spiritlite.

novaspirit
31-10-2010, 04:47 PM
When I use a pendulum I work on connecting to the universal conscience before I begin any session with it.

This is how I see how the pendulum comes to answers. When you first begin to work with a pendulum, you are working to get answers from your sub conscious and higher self. To take it one step further, once you are connected to your higher self you then can connect into the universal conscience. It is how I believe that you can answer questions from other people about their situation in which you know nothing about.

When I begin to use the pendulum I have a way to prepare myself to get the answers I desire. I have to do this since I have learned that my own emotions and feelings can affect the outcome of the pendulum so I do my best to stop myself from influencing the pendulum.

First I do a small meditation of sorts to clear my mind of my thoughts and open myself up to the universal energies. While do that, I always ask for assistance and protection of a surrounding white light of the highest vibrations and to keep out all who would influence the answers that are not in the best interest of myself or those I am asking questions for.

After doing that I ask the Universal Conscience through the pendulum if I can ask questions to the universe. And I wait for the pendulum to move. Sometimes I have to ask a few times as I know I'm not fully connected in. When the pendulum says yes, I ask it to let me know when its ready for the first question. Only then do I begin the session.

A lot of times I will ask it if I can ask control questions to establish contact. Control questions are questions you know the answers to. If the pendulum answers them all correctly then I know I'm where I want to be. If the pendulum is answering eradically I put the pendulum down and try again later as I know I am not connected properly.

Oh and yes.. it is a good idea to program your pendulum before you begin. You only need to do it once for each pendulum you acquire. :)

Hope this helps some.:hug3:

Spiritlite
31-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Thankyou NovaSpirit.
Spiritlite.

astralsuzy
06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Has anyone made a list of questions that you do not know the answers to and then check the accuracy of the pendulum?

Spiritlite
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Actually I've been testing the pendulum out on certain things that may seem silly and it's been right 100 percent so far for me.
Spiritlite
I also think it has to do with the user.

Carly74
08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Be careful not to think a certain answer, though, because that can influence the motion of the pendulum.

And here's my true story with it...
My brother was using a pendulum and apparently talking to his guardian angel. I was skeptical. He asked multiple times if we could take a picture of the angel, and the reply was yes. We had the room dark and politely instructed the being to stand in front of a window. Using flash, we took the picture. On the second try or so, a figure appeared. I couldn't make out any features or anything, it was just light shaped in the form of a person containing wings. Amazing, right? I just wish I still had to picture.

Spiritlite
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah I know if I have the answer in my head either yes or no before I ask the pendulum it swings to what I want you really have to clear your mind. Thanks
xoxo
Spiritlite

LightFilledHeart
08-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah I know if I have the answer in my head either yes or no before I ask the pendulum it swings to what I want you really have to clear your mind. Thanks
xoxo
Spiritlite

Here is a method I find helpful. Write your question down on a slip of paper and fold it up so you can't see the question. Write down two other test questions and likewise fold them up. They must all look uniform so you can't "guess" which one has you primary question on it! Hold your pendulem over the one pice of paper at a time and ask that you be given the correct answer. Keep them in the same order so afterwards you can open them and know which answer goes to which question. If your test questions (things you know the answer to) come out wrong, you cannot trust the answer to your primary question is accurate either, and it may not be a good time to try and work with the pendulem. I actually find dowsing rods (which open wide for a yes and cross for a no) are a bit more accurate for me, but I make use of both.

mac
08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
As this is the 'Mediumship' forum, would someone explain, please, which form of mediumship involves the use of a pendulum?

But maybe this discussion should be in a 'Psychic and Paranormal' type of forum?

Katiecat
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I use charts with my pendulum.....and also, you don't have to have a "formal" pendulum. You can use a necklace, or whatever.

novaspirit
08-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Oh I am going to try these suggestions! I never thought about asking questions on a piece of paper and having it answer that way!

Yes I have been known to influence the pendulum especially when I'm emotionally charged. And when I'm in that state I put the pendulum down. To get the answers I seek I have to be completely neutral :)

Although I have found that asking control questions have worked for me. Since when I'm not connected the pendulum answers very randomly and erratic.

I do use charts too. I like these:

http://pendulumcharts.com/charts.html

Spiritlite
08-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the links to the charts I know theres books out there with charts I really would like to get one.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
09-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Huh I love the paper method of using a pendulum too I'll give that a whirl.
Spiritlite.

mac
09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm a little bemused with this topic although I have used a pendulum....

Try never to forget that you're not communicating with an inanimate object - the pendulum - and that answers you get come from discarnates.

Their reliability should always be a matter of concern for anyone so engaged... Oh, by the way - it isn't mediumship.

Spiritlite
09-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Is a pendulum kind of like using a ouji board?
Just curious.
Spiritlite.

mac
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Is a pendulum kind of like using a ouji board?
Just curious.
Spiritlite.

similar risks, similar level of accuracy, similar likelihood of deception for the unwary....you judge for yourself

Spiritlite
09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Hmm I would say no it's not like using a ouji board I just don't feel like it's wrong or bad.
Spiritlite

novaspirit
10-11-2010, 12:20 AM
When I work with a Pendulum I do not work to connect to spirits of any kind. I always work to connect to the universal conscience.

Spiritlite
10-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah nova that's what I do as well so no I would say it's not akin to using a ouiji board :)
Spiritlite.

novaspirit
10-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Yes, I agree Spiritlite. And before I do any work with the pendulum I always ground myself, meditate to focus my mind.. then ask for protection where only the answers for my highest good come through. Now when I mean highest good, does not mean the answers I want to hear and all light and fluffy. I want answers that are not influenced by me and the answers to be answered in truth regardless of what I want to hear.

For the most part, this has worked for me. And I have found using the pendulum to be quite accurate. But I also know, when I am not connected in properly and when that happens, I put the pendulum down and give it a rest for a while.

otto
10-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi there,
I use pendulums also, I want to warn you of something to save you a problem I had. If you use the pendulum in a yes and no way it seems to be no problem. You can also use your hand to answer questions. I wanted more so I used a letter chart so I could talk to my spirit guides and Angel...

I was told this turned it into a Ouija Board pretty much and opened me up to all kinds of other spirits you may not want to contact... Just wanted to let you know this...

Other wise I loved my pendulum and became very good at it, Enjoy... Always cleans it in salt over night. And say a prayer dedicating it to the light before use... Hope this helps... Take care, and have fun... Melanie

novaspirit
10-11-2010, 01:47 AM
awe thank you otto. I never used my pendulum for spelling out words. I have a hard enough time getting my pendulum to help me find things are lost. I think the Universal Conscience that I strive to connect to, prefers to deal mostly with spiritual matters and energy readings of probable outcomes. For which that has been accurate.

If I loose something, it doesn't move! :rolleyes: But I'm okay with this. It has been suggested to me to use a different pendulum since mine seems to be programed for spiritual and energy matters.

Spiritlite
10-11-2010, 02:05 AM
I only use yes and no questions and I only ask the light to answer, I surround myself with light as well etc etc. Yeah i don't think I'll be using the letter system on paper that to me is too much like ouji board.
Thanks Otto
SPiritlite

SoaringSpirit
10-11-2010, 04:14 AM
A pendulum is like a ouija board in one way - you can use them BOTH to contact the spirit world, just in slightly different ways. You would need to use protections when using either tool to contact the spirit world to make sure that you don't contact anything/one that could cause you problems.

Spiritlite
10-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Soaring that's why I say my prayers and do my protection energetically when I use my pendulum.....
Spiritlite

SoaringSpirit
10-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Thats great Spiritlite. I use protections whenever I use my pendulum.

mac
10-11-2010, 08:07 AM
When I work with a Pendulum I do not work to connect to spirits of any kind. I always work to connect to the universal conscience.

That may well be your aim but how do you know if it is successful?

Would you be able to tell a "universal conscience" from a low-level discarnate? How?

mac
10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Guys and gals may I again point out that this is the 'Mediumship' forum and ask again what form of mediumship any of this reflects?

mac
10-11-2010, 08:15 AM
A pendulum is like a ouija board in one way - you can use them BOTH to contact the spirit world, just in slightly different ways. You would need to use protections when using either tool to contact the spirit world to make sure that you don't contact anything/one that could cause you problems.
"You would need to use protections when using either tool to contact the spirit world to make sure that you don't contact anything/one that could cause you problems." And just what protection could you use to protect you from mischief-makers you may contact, those who may mislead you inadvertently or deliberately? And how would you avoid misleading yourself?

Work at such 'low levels' and the chances are you will experience any or all of those issues mentioned above.

SoaringSpirit
10-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Mac, Personally, I've been on this path for a long time and I am well aware of how to protect myself and what 'mischief-makers' are out there....

John32241
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Hello,

I have a link to some information about this subject.
http://learn-telekinesis-training.com/pendulumindex.php

It is my understanding that using a pendulum is one of many ways we can connect with our inner guidance. I myself like reflective thought and imaginary conversations best.

I hope the material at this link is helpful.

John

mac
10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Mac, Personally, I've been on this path for a long time and I am well aware of how to protect myself and what 'mischief-makers' are out there....

For those who don't have your experience, who don't know the risks they run, it might be helpful to outline what you do - but preferably in the appropriate forum. :wink:

mac
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Hello,

I have a link to some information about this subject.
http://learn-telekinesis-training.com/pendulumindex.php (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Flea rn-telekinesis-training.com%252Fpendulumindex.php)

It is my understanding that using a pendulum is one of many ways we can connect with our inner guidance. I myself like reflective thought and imaginary conversations best.

I hope the material at this link is helpful.

John
I'm likely to get a moderator telling me off soon but this is the 'Mediumship' forum - "inner guidance" is unlikely to be defined by many (from my experience) as Mediumship....

"I myself like reflective thought and imaginary conversations best." I use much the same techniques as you do for myself but these are not the territory of mediumship.

And it's important that folks understand what is happening, I feel, to lessen the chance of becoming misguided.

The more understanding the better....in all matters.

Katiecat
15-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Mac, my friend...relax! This is the pendulum forum, in the Divination section of SF!

About the charts that were discussed earlier, I like making my own. You can even make simple ones...draw a line with arrows pointing up and down, write "yes" at both ends....then intersect it with a line with arrows pointing left and right...and write "NO" there...you have a chart....i don't use a chart, personally for yes/no questions, but you can. I normally make a mental command that "yes is this way" and "no is this way" ...i really love my pendulum. I made several charts on one large paper, with the alphabet in the center, then a yes no thing up in the corner. and numbers down in the other corner (good for years, and dates)... charts can be fun.

mac
15-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Mac, my friend...relax! This is the pendulum forum, in the Divination section of SF!

About the charts that were discussed earlier, I like making my own. You can even make simple ones...draw a line with arrows pointing up and down, write "yes" at both ends....then intersect it with a line with arrows pointing left and right...and write "NO" there...you have a chart....i don't use a chart, personally for yes/no questions, but you can. I normally make a mental command that "yes is this way" and "no is this way" ...i really love my pendulum. I made several charts on one large paper, with the alphabet in the center, then a yes no thing up in the corner. and numbers down in the other corner (good for years, and dates)... charts can be fun.

"Mac, my friend...relax! This is the pendulum forum, in the Divination section of SF!" Oooooops! apologies :redface: Indeed it is the correct forum - I became confused about where I was - happens as one gets older :wink:

Sorry!:redface:

Katiecat
15-11-2010, 11:31 PM
No apology needed! After I posted that, I felt bad! I wondered if maybe this whole thread had been in the mediumship section, and a moderator just moved it here or something. I get irritated, too, when things are in an incorrect area. It's the "virgo" in me, I guess. lol

Spiritlite
16-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Sorry for causing a hassle for posting this in the incorrect section..sorry I started it.
Spiritlit.e

Kaere
16-11-2010, 12:29 AM
No Spiritlite, please don't feel sorry that you started it - it's a great thread and inspired much discussion. Don't let it dissuade you from sharing and making other posts.

Spiritlite
16-11-2010, 12:38 AM
TY Kaere.
Spiritlite

Lynn
16-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Hello

As some have heard me touch on here there was a time when I did not understand the GREAT powers that one can have and lacked the maturity or understadings on how to use them. WHILE never did nor would I ever do personal harm to anyone I did play with stuff .

One was Pendent and a Board. I was rather stunned when I was clearning out an old trunk I had since I was 16 year's old to find all that STUFF still in it. All the TOOLS I had then. I know now how to properly use the Pendent and the Wands and the Boards there. YET have left it sit in the box.

With all things there is a Light and Dark side and there is lessons one learns along a life path. I know without whom I was then a a TEEN I would no be whom I am now.

I was in a local shoppe one day and looking at a Pendent and I picked it up it moved instantly for me. The Shoppe keeper ( turns out is a good fried of me mate's but I had no clue) was amazed at the knowlege I had. She gave me some yes and no question abou her Shoppe and what would she had decided on it. I was right on the replies it moved freely I did not even move me hand. I know that the POWER is in the person as I could FEEL the replies a well. YET for demenstrtions TOOLS are a great asset.

I did not buy it as I did not feel I would ever use it. Trying to get better on the TOOLS collecting ( LoL like the Deck of Halloween Tarot that sit in the box) .

We are the POWER the tools we use are just that and if they show in our dreams they are there for a reason....for guidance at time for the answer maybe we are missing in any other way its presented.

If one has a dream that one does not understand I be told I am pretty good with understanding them....I am willing always to look at what one might put forth. On site of PM .

Dreams are the WINDOW TO OUR SOUL of understandings. Too are the TOOLS we might phsically or Dream use. Very much real in the meaning they hold for us.
I see "TAROT cards flash to me" I value that greatly. Helps not only me but one's around me.

Lynn

Lynn

Spiritlite
17-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Thankyou Lynn well said.
Spiritlite.

mac
17-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I couldn't figure why I ended up contributing to a forum in which I have no useful experience. :icon_eek:

Later I remembered that someone had asked whether ouija boards and pendulum work were similar.

Then the penny dropped why I'd been confused - ouija boards. :wink:

Spiritlite
17-11-2010, 08:10 PM
LOL Mac I actually asked that question :)
Spiritlite

mac
17-11-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL Mac I actually asked that question :)
Spiritlite

Indeed you did but it was over 25 postings ago - I had to check - my memory can't stretch that far back - 25 minutes is a struggle! :D

I was muddled about the forum even further back than that - I really need to get a grip! :icon_eek:

Spiritlite
17-11-2010, 09:23 PM
LOL Mac but you do have a good memory I can't even remember the post I posted yesterday :)
Spiritlite.

mac
17-11-2010, 09:29 PM
LOL Mac but you do have a good memory I can't even remember the post I posted yesterday :)
Spiritlite.

:wink::smile::hug2::hug3:

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Thankyou Mac.
Spiritlite.

sweetdisposition
18-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I've used a pendulum before. I was quite naive though and simply made my own and started playing with it - funnily enough I didn't get very far with it and put it away and haven't really brought it out again since! Although it did help me find a piece of missing jewellery :) So I'd like to try using pendulums again, only properly this time.

A question though: who is it that actually controls the pendulum? For example, if I ask "will I get a new job within a year?", who is answering yes or no? Because surely it can't be me, as I wouldn't know the answer...? Is it your spirit guide?

Any thoughts? :)

Love x

Spiritlite
18-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I focus on the universe I think it's whoever you are focusing the question to that answers you.
Spiritlite.

sneha123
24-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Hello friends,,,,,,,sneha here,,,,,I had a dream about one last night so I figured I'd get one. I usually ask yes no questions and it rotates one way for yes and another for no I have a lot of questions. Does anyone use pendulums and if so do you enjoy them and find they are accurate?
Spiritlite........Thanks for share with us,,,,,,,,,,,:hug3: :hug3: :hug3: :hug3:

Spiritlite
25-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Sne that's how I use mine rotation. I have found it to be about ninety percent accurate for me depending on how clear I am and depending on how neutral I am when asking the question.
xo
Spiritlite

Aislyn
01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Ohh this makes me miss my old one!! It's been years since I've used one of those... they're so... fluidy. If that makes any sense. You ask a question and half way through asking it you have a up front, no hidden meaning answer. I love it.

Spiritlite
02-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Me too Aislyn
Spiritlite.

shifty123
19-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Why would someone need more than one pendulum?

Kaere
19-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Why would someone need more than one pendulum?

Cause they're pretty! And different sometimes people work better with different crystals and/or objects at different times.