PDA

View Full Version : INM in other Indigenous lands?

Raven Poet
25-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello there. I am wondering if there are SF members here who know of the "Idle No More" in their home territories? I've joined the online community of INM here in Canada.

If you know of a chapter in your area, I'd be interested in hearing what you think of this grassroots movement. I was told it was started by 4 Cree women in northern Saskatchewan/Alberta, who could no stay idle when their children were starving, apprehended, and dying from the poverty and related problems in their communities. Now I understand it's spread like wildfire across Mother Earth.

Here is a cool Youtube video of a local INM gathering in Winnipeg Manitoba about a year ago, to an awesome tune by "Tribe Called Red":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHiE8Zc7er8&feature=youtu.be

Its such an inspiring video (IMHO) to see the power of people uniting to bring attention to marginalized relations.

Hope you enjoy it!

Makoiyi
26-07-2013, 06:19 AM
I live abroad far from the land I call home and sure know about it as do the other NDN that I know who live in this country and we all support it in various ways. As for elsewhere I can't really say much except that other NDN friends I have who are also scattered to the four winds and from home are aware of it as we speak about it.

Raven Poet
18-09-2013, 12:21 AM
@ Makoiyi; LOVE the quote from Robbie Robertson's song! I love that song. It's so true - we DO live it! Thanks for your response!

Native spirit
18-09-2013, 09:23 PM
:smile: I was speaking to a friend the other day she was saying about it,she comes from manitoba.

Namaste

Makoiyi
19-09-2013, 05:30 AM
LOL! We sure do live it Raven, yeah that song sure says it all.
Great song by the way.
Makoiyi