PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who've had spirit encounters

muileag
25-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I had an interesting experience last night. I am back in my family's home (not the home I grew up in, but I did spend a lot of time here as a child because my great-grandfather built it the end of the 1800's and I stayed here with my great-aunt many times growing up. Her fiance died in a fishing accident and she never married, so she doted on my dad and then thought of me and my siblings as the kids she never had. My parents bought this house when she died and then moved in here about 10 years ago)...and I had a spirit encounter -- I think.

I was the last one to go up to bed. As I made my way from the bathroom through the warren of little rooms (old New England home) turning off the lights, I pictured what it would be like once my mom passes. This is the home that she's keeping for me to bring my brother home to (he is in a group home) and my thoughts were what it will be like once all my extended family have passed over. I thought of my dad as I passed the hospital bed that's still in the living room. He couldn't climb the stairs the last two years of his life and slept downstairs. He and I were very close; he passed over last year.

Anyway, got up into bed (in my dad's old room...which was also the room I shared with my great-aunt when I stayed over)...got under the covers and was lying on my side with my back to the door when I had someone grab my shoulder and give it a quick shake and then three taps -- like a kid does when trying to get your attention. Also, a word came to me...either "Hi" or "Yes." I was a bit startled but not scared. I just said, "I'm not going to turn around to see if you're there. I'm going to close my eyes and go to sleep because I'm tired and I can sense you mean no harm."

Do you think it was a spirit encounter? My dad has come to me in my dreams and we've had meaningful/informative talks there. I'm wondering if it was him. I've had visual visits before in the past (not from my dad) and saw unknown spirits as a child. I wasn't scared, but at the same time I just couldn't bring myself to turn around!

cheeneka
25-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I have had very very strange experiences to do with spirit. I have never seen one as a human form. Spirit is energy and love. I wonder why on earth any spirit who leaves this earth would want to come back, for any reason.
That is not to say they don't, just why would they?
love
Gismo

onetruebeliever
25-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I had an interesting experience last night. I am back in my family's home (not the home I grew up in, but I did spend a lot of time here as a child because my great-grandfather built it the end of the 1800's and I stayed here with my great-aunt many times growing up. Her fiance died in a fishing accident and she never married, so she doted on my dad and then thought of me and my siblings as the kids she never had. My parents bought this house when she died and then moved in here about 10 years ago)...and I had a spirit encounter -- I think.

I was the last one to go up to bed. As I made my way from the bathroom through the warren of little rooms (old New England home) turning off the lights, I pictured what it would be like once my mom passes. This is the home that she's keeping for me to bring my brother home to (he is in a group home) and my thoughts were what it will be like once all my extended family have passed over. I thought of my dad as I passed the hospital bed that's still in the living room. He couldn't climb the stairs the last two years of his life and slept downstairs. He and I were very close; he passed over last year.

Anyway, got up into bed (in my dad's old room...which was also the room I shared with my great-aunt when I stayed over)...got under the covers and was lying on my side with my back to the door when I had someone grab my shoulder and give it a quick shake and then three taps -- like a kid does when trying to get your attention. Also, a word came to me...either "Hi" or "Yes." I was a bit startled but not scared. I just said, "I'm not going to turn around to see if you're there. I'm going to close my eyes and go to sleep because I'm tired and I can sense you mean no harm."

Do you think it was a spirit encounter? My dad has come to me in my dreams and we've had meaningful/informative talks there. I'm wondering if it was him. I've had visual visits before in the past (not from my dad) and saw unknown spirits as a child. I wasn't scared, but at the same time I just couldn't bring myself to turn around!

Sounds like one to me! It could very well one of your family members. Cool!

primrose
29-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi,

I have had very very strange experiences to do with spirit. I have never seen one as a human form. Spirit is energy and love. I wonder why on earth any spirit who leaves this earth would want to come back, for any reason.
That is not to say they don't, just why would they?
love
Gismo

From what I understand, Spirits who haunt are Earthbound, a lot of them don't even realize that they are dead. I too have had experiences, maybe they just want to get our attention. Our Loved ones might visit to let us know they are alright, they don't usually stay.

Niebla0007
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, and as long as it's not like one of my dream visitors.
I didn't like the visit in my dream of my old lady neighbor(eventhough I know how she loved me as a daughter) after she died -
she turned up as every bit as dead as she is
right where I was sleeping (as she was aware of it when she was dying-thus the appearance, I think)
pulling my arm, telling me to go with her and that I do not belong to the living.